Anyone use epoxy pool paint on their hulls instead of traditional bottom paint?

36 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

I wished they had black,   I wanted a black bottom,  yellow bootstripe and red topsides...   now my boat is just red and white..

nice boat, what is it?

That was Evolution, a GL70.  

• 4 weeks later...

Pool paint is designed to be used in the average conditions of a swimming pool. pH 7.4, TDS <1000, TA 80-120, Salt water has a much higher pH, freshwater may be higher or lower.  Alkalinity and TDS will also not be within specs. Saltwater swimming pools are about as salty as your tears, so much less than the sea, and chlorine is 1-3ppm in a pool and up to 10ppm in a spa. So this is actually fairly low also (avg tap water in most locations is about 0.5ppm so a pool is 2x-6x higher cholrine than tapwater.

I would judge epoxy pool paint as not suitable to be used on boats.

1 hour ago, silent bob said:

“I have a crazy idea" means "I want to try something stupid."

If it's stupid and it works, it's still stupid and you're lucky.

I recommend Elon Musk's biography if you haven't had a chance to read it. SpaceX was a crazy idea. They often bought stuff off the shelf rather than using time tested (and expensive) components. They've had some spectacular failures, but also some astounding successes. 

I'm not comparing myself to Musk, but I strongly disagree that that all crazy ideas are stupid.  There'd not be much in the way of innovation if everyone felt that way.