13 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

I've been on (quite literally) a steady diet of cheap tequila, cheap Tecate, cheap cigarettes and cheap coke down here for over a year, haven't worn a mask for more than 50 minutes in all that time, don't go indoors into stores or restaraunts, spend 98% of my time outdoors & within 100 meters of the high tide line (with predominately onshore winds).....and the only thing I've tested positive for.....is a deep seated aversion towards the Media, crowds and taco stands that don't know shit about making salsa. 

Granted, I live in an area of less than 5000 people (haven't been up to Ensenada in months), so my own personal home-made vaccine may not be for everybody.....but it's been working for me for over a year. And the best part? I get to take it every day.....without making an appointment nor leaving my house. Win-win.....:lol:

Sounds similar to my life in Poland except substitute cheap vodka for cheap tequila and cheap vodka for cheap Tecate.  The wife bought a condo on the Baltic sea so I can sniff brackish air sometimes and substitute spending 98% of time spent outdoors for spending 98% of my time in front of my computer.  We don't have taco stands so I got nothing there but we do have hot women and damned good pierogi, so that must count for something right?  Especially at my age! And I don't have an aging classic American 4x4 but I have a 20 year old Mitsubishi Pajero Pinin 4x4, that's right sexy Italian styling on my little Japanese Jeep!  So were both living large in the time of the plague. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a lot of work ahead of me still. I am and isolation for 2 weeks still at the new facility. I have so much to say to all of you that and so much for Hope and I, My heart has been touched an

Hobot was kept on a drug that put a protective layer over the ulcer yesterday and last night. The bleeding has been stemmed. He was taken off the respirator this morning. However his blood pressure ke

It appears as if Hobot is on the road to recovery. He's propped in his hospital bed up and alert, cutting it up with his nurses. He's also being combative with one of his doctors a tall blonde Doctor

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

Europe is experiencing a 3rd wave right now.  Poland has registered daily deaths and new cases higher than all previous highs which were bad.  We are having per capita numbers on par with the US in deaths.  Our neighbor across the river, neighbor is also having daily increases requiring new lockdowns.  It pretty much sucks.

Just starting to head out of whatever lockdown/Tier restriction this is now, I've lost count.     There's some loud voices saying we might be doing it too fast and will probably go back again, the protests are turning ugly already as well.  Gonna be an awesome summer!:blink:

1 minute ago, mad said:

Just starting to head out of whatever lockdown/Tier restriction this is now, I've lost count.     There's some loud voices saying we might be doing it too fast and will probably go back again, the protests are turning ugly already as well.  Gonna be an awesome summer!:blink:

Yeah, I can't wait!  :(

14 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Yeah, I can't wait!  :(

The garden is sorted, my cooking skills have improved massively and i have a great bbq.

I'll stay at home, drink Gin, Wine and eat well. 

Any good wine suggestions for light lunchtime drinking?:)

Finally got cleared for the vaccine. Just got 1st Moderna.......in fact sitting in the 15 minute watch you chairs right now. Would have preferred J&J but they ran out around here. Vaccination tech said I might be a little sore for a few days. I told her that racing up on 70, I’m sore every day.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Finally got cleared for the vaccine. Just got 1st Moderna.......in fact sitting in the 15 minute watch you chairs right now. Would have preferred J&J but they ran out around here. Vaccination tech said I might be a little sore for a few days. I told her that racing up on 70, I’m sore every day.

I asked an elderly patient once if he hurt anywhere else?

"What doesn't hurt, doesn't work" was his reply.

I understand that alot better approaching 60 then I did at 30!

Hobot- looking forward to seeing you back here soon. The inmates are getting restless in your absence!!!

WL

• Like 5
43 minutes ago, Point Break said:

It’s the reaction in four weeks that might get ya.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mad said:

The garden is sorted, my cooking skills have improved massively and i have a great bbq.

Whatever you had for breakfast, assuming you didn't finish the bottle.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, boomer said:

My wife was doing the same with Everclear last year for a couple months. She had the neighbor pick up a couple 1/2 gallons in Idaho. Then transferred that to smaller bottles, carrying a small container for hand sanitizing and spray bottles for sanitizing as well. When everyone was having difficulty keeping alcohol on the shelves, she found pint containers for one dollar at the dollar store. Then she found a 1/2 gallon of Equate Hand sanitizer gel in the second floor of our shop in September, which is almost gone now. However as the run on alcohol slowed, she's stocked up on more containers, so now we probably have a couple years supply. The same with toilet paper, and I noticed we have more then a few 48 pack cases in the downstairs utility room. My wife has always been one to make sure we stay stocked up, but I had to put my foot down on having more then a few years supply of TP on hand.

yer just gonna have to poop more

15 hours ago, Gangbusters said:
16 hours ago, Point Break said:

It’s the reaction in four weeks that might get ya.

Perhaps.  But, it doesn't last long.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, boomer said:

Hope called this morning, and Hobot continues to improve. They've stopped giving some meds required to help, while starting other drugs that have proven effective in the march toward recovery. As his breathing and oxygen retainment have continued to improve, the respiratory therapist who works with the nurses, has disabled parts of the respirator including removing the extra tube and funnel shaped device from his mouth, which help with breathing. The respirator may be removed as early as Tuesday, and possibly as late as Wednesday. His kidneys are getting stronger too, but he may still require a couple to go through a couple rounds of dialysis. Hope gets a gets a couple one hour Facetime sessions a day, where the nurses also explain everything and why. However last night they allowed an extended Facetime session, which allowed Hope to read the well wishes from this thread, as well as those from other family and friends, and Mark's dog even got to bark some "missing you Dad." The  level of care by Swedish Hospital in Edmonds, has been exemplary in this regard, but I'm sure Hobot will be plotting his escape once he's not heavily sedated. He'll still have to go through respiratory, physical and occupation therapy. 

Boomer - gonna ask a question about Hobot that hopefully isn't too personal.  Is his family in need of anything the community here can provide?  I'm thinking if they're having a rough time and some money could help, this is one of those cases where a  Go-Fund-Me would both make sense and be going to a very deserving individual.  Medical costs can be expensive.

• Like 10

Good idea Grrr! I believe he should be covered under his supplemental Medicare insurance. - But, we'll ensure that all his medical bills are covered. However Mark used all his money putting his daughter Anna through college. Mark could use a booster like this, and knowing Mark he'd use the extra prudently. Kim Bottles asked about this and getting the go ahead from Hope, and I'll ask Hope today when she calls.

• Like 9
4 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Boomer - gonna ask a question about Hobot that hopefully isn't too personal.  Is his family in need of anything the community here can provide?  I'm thinking if they're having a rough time and some money could help, this is one of those cases where a  Go-Fund-Me would both make sense and be going to a very deserving individual.  Medical costs can be expensive.

Not to be snarky, and I'm with you 100% on this whole post, but.....

Medical expenses are devastatingly expensive for 99% of us. They don't need to be. My wife and I are scrambling to pay for both my recent back surgery, and her more recent "Who knows what it is? We'll do more tests" condition. The medical people never actually seem to know, or do anything, but the business office has no problem billing for every little fucking thing.

If I knew a good lawyer I'd sue the fuck out of the UF and NFMC people. It wouldn't help us physically, but it would make paying the ridiculous bills for no service more bearable.

4 hours ago, Grrr... said:

I thought he had COVID, not Gorilla Glue in his hair.

Bad attempt at humor aside, I'm sure many of us would readily contribute.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

If I knew a good lawyer I'd sue the fuck out of the UF and NFMC people. It wouldn't help us physically, but it would make paying the ridiculous bills for no service more bearable.

Sorrey to saye, they ussuialley haive goode lawyeres to............       :)   

3 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

They have very good lawyers.  When I spoke to a number of high end attorneys about an issue, I was informed that it would only have been worth it if I had died.  True story. 

3 hours ago, PurpleOnion said:

I thought he had COVID, not Gorilla Glue in his hair.

Bad attempt at humor aside, I'm sure many of us would readily contribute.

Despite the gravity & the seriousness of the situation.....that's one of the funniest posts I've seen in a month....

18 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Despite the gravity & the seriousness of the situation.....that's one of the funniest posts I've seen in a month....

I'm sure we can get gorilla glue smuggled in there, just for  shits and giggles.

3 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

yeah, but i'm trying to get sol.

Here in the Antipodes, my State has only had 6 deaths, but as of yesterday we are in lock-down with a growing outbreak.  It's not going away any time soon.

9 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Not to be snarky, and I'm with you 100% on this whole post, but.....

Medical expenses are devastatingly expensive for 99% of us. They don't need to be. My wife and I are scrambling to pay for both my recent back surgery, and her more recent "Who knows what it is? We'll do more tests" condition. The medical people never actually seem to know, or do anything, but the business office has no problem billing for every little fucking thing.

This is tragic - let your politicians know that universal health care is a thing that most civilized countries have had for a very long time.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rain Man said:

This is tragic - let your politicians know that universal health care is a thing that most civilized countries have had for a very long time.

The US medical industrial complex must be making a killing out of the pandemic.

Here in AUS it's the complete opposite.  Friend of mine had a minor stroke and was taken to the local private hospital semi-conscious.  After four days of treatment and endless tests he was improving and I went to visit him.

He told me he had a visit from the Admin manager that morning.  She had a clipboard and asked him lot's of questions including "Do you have private medical insurance?"

He said he cancelled it just six months earlier.  She said that was lucky, if he had private insurance that his contribution after claiming would be $15,000.  But as he had no cover, the cost to him was $ZERO!  $35,000 charged to the government.  True story

He left three days latter with a small bag that was 3 months supply of blood thinning drugs that were government subsidised and cost him $55.

3 hours ago, rantro said:

Here in AUS it's the complete opposite.  Friend of mine had a minor stroke and was taken to the local private hospital semi-conscious.  After four days of treatment and endless tests he was improving and I went to visit him.

He told me he had a visit from the Admin manager that morning.  She had a clipboard and asked him lot's of questions including "Do you have private medical insurance?"

He said he cancelled it just six months earlier.  She said that was lucky, if he had private insurance that his contribution after claiming would be $15,000.  But as he had no cover, the cost to him was $ZERO!  $35,000 charged to the government.  True story

He left three days latter with a small bag that was 3 months supply of blood thinning drugs that were government subsidised and cost him $55.

I've had the pleasure(?) of being treated in the German medical care sytem on numerous occasions, including 2 total knee replacements over the years.  My wife works in Germany and I am covered on her insurance plan.  The out of pocket cost to me has been less that $500.00 total.  When you are admitted to the hospital you have to pay 10 euro a day.  You also have a very small co-pay on some, not all prescription medications.  The maximum co-pay is 8 euro for meds.

3 hours ago, rantro said:

wonder where the gov't got the money.

On 3/29/2021 at 5:27 AM, Snaggletooth said:

He wassente hearre for Ian Dubbin and Chazz fassco, and ressulteng Gracie Grapenipps persona, Brentte Swaime geyyeng the boote, PB's roade to recoverey frome covid, and Cleane reallizing he cante macke a liveng bing a pro-bono lawyer for SA.  We neede hisse imputte on thisse silley popularitey conteste licke/dislicke buttuns to.                             :)

You forgot Austin 1972"s passing.....

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, DarthSailor said:

Formerly from the middle class.  ‘Boma Care was one of the largest transfers of wealth ever.

Until the Wuh Flu.  

Of course now, they just print money.  Trillion here, trillion there, sooner or later, that’s real money.  Are we broke yet?

31 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

You forgot Austin 1972"s passing.....

That was sad, I'll miss seeing his posts a lot.

26 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Of course now, they just print money.  Trillion here, trillion there, sooner or later, that’s real money.  Are we broke yet?

Yup, we are.  The realization hasn't set in yet, and it will be scary when it eventually does.

Get better Hobot, you got a lot more pics to upload when they bring back your thread.

5 minutes ago, Jkdubz808 said:

That was sad, I'll miss seeing his posts a lot.

Yup, we are.  The realization hasn't set in yet, and it will be scary when it eventually does.

Get better Hobot, you got a lot more pics to upload when they bring back your thread.

It's all made up, who cares.  

Economics isn't like physics where certain laws need to be obeyed.  Most of economics has been made up by a few smart people, and  lot of people who think they are smart.  The only inviolable law of economics is that human greed is limitless.

The worst that will happen is it gets blown up and then it's just a matter of making up something else, equally subjective and starting over. 

Fucking with real science has real consequences, such as the end of the world as we know it. 

Go the Hobot! 

I sent Boothie a link to the Austin72 thread. No word from Hope yesterday. I usually let her call me. I didn't want to call and bother her last night in case she was doing a virtual facetime with Hobot.

• Like 4

Thanks for the update, Booms!

Get better Hobot! People here care about you. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

Economics isn't like physics where certain laws need to be obeyed.  Most of economics has been made up by a few smart people, and  lot of people who think they are smart.  The only inviolable law of economics is that human greed is limitless.

The worst that will happen is it gets blown up and then it's just a matter of making up something else, equally subjective and starting over. 

Fucking with real science has real consequences, such as the end of the world as we know it. 

Go the Hobot! 

FB_IMG_1615568012090.jpg

• Like 1

I whish you, Hobot, a speedy and full recovery.

You are one of the gems of these forums, without any doubt.

And all my condoleances for your Mom...

3 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Formerly from the middle class.  ‘Boma Care was one of the largest transfers of wealth ever.

Until the Wuh Flu.  

closer we get the Less Toilet Paper on the shelves

6 hours ago, DarthSailor said:

Wonder where the insurance got the money ... and how much they gave to the CEO?  

10 hours ago, rantro said:

actually hospitals have been losing money. insurances denying claims or way underpaying. The administrators have been going nuts. also the closing of the ORs which are the money makers hurt big time. When preparing for second surge there was no talk of holding off on elective procedures

• Like 1
5 hours ago, boomer said:

I sent Boothie a link to the Austin72 thread. No word from Hope yesterday. I usually let her call me. I didn't want to call and bother her last night in case she was doing a virtual facetime with Hobot.

Thank you, Sir. My apologies to all for not jumping back on here after I got word.....but most of you here know that I don't do tragedy very well. Meeting Austin & his gorgeous wife and spending the later half of the day with them in that old bitchin farm house his Grandfather built, getting a crash course on what goes on & how shit gets done when you live on a square mile of Middle American dirt full of annie-mulls and plants that you can eat, talking story, smokin' & drinkin' & burning various dead chunks of moo & oink & squawk was one of the highlights of that 6500 mile road trip the Nurse, the Nursetta and myself. Seriously, two of the  nicest folks you could ever meet......

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Go the Hobot! 

If I may;  there is some science to economics.  There are concepts such as Markowitz's "don't put all your eggs in one basket when investing" and Riccaro's Law of Comparative Advantage that are derivable from first principles.  The issue is that what maximizes the return using those laws is a function of culture.  Friedman was notorious for trying to say that there was a maximized culture.  That the things that were important to him should (the great parental phrase) be of importance to you. I think that it is this part of economics to which you are referring. My say on the matter is that human greed is limitless does not apply to all people.  It is therefore not a law.

On 3/26/2021 at 3:36 PM, Dorado said:

Any news yet

Hola Rico! donde esta?

Hola, oh Golden One, still tuffin' it down here on a northern Baja beach. Killin' fish, searching for that perfect taco, knocking back Mexi beers and making sure no one steals any sand. 

How goes the You?.....

4 minutes ago, Laker said:

If I may;  there is some science to economics.  There are concepts such as Markowitz's "don't put all your eggs in one basket when investing" and Riccaro's Law of Comparative Advantage that are derivable from first principles.  The issue is that what maximizes the return using those laws is a function of culture.  Friedman was notorious for trying to say that there was a maximized culture.  That the things that were important to him should (the great parental phrase) be of importance to you. I think that it is this part of economics to which you are referring. My say on the matter is that human greed is limitless does not apply to all people.  It is therefore not a law.

None of the things you quoted are laws.  Scientific laws aren't based on human nature.  And the one 'science based on human nature has gotten a lot wrong and new information changes things quickly.  In contrast, a lot of physics has held up over the years including many of the purely theoretical complex ideas expressed by Einstein.  Economics is a valid field of study, but it isn't a science.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

how was mandating health care a transfer of wealth?    I would have to say the transfer of wealth, upwards, started with reagonomics and then with bush tax cuts for the wealthy, and then trump tax cuts for the wealthy

• Like 5
1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

Hola, oh Golden One, still tuffin' it down here on a northern Baja beach. Killin' fish, searching for that perfect taco, knocking back Mexi beers and making sure no one steals any sand. 

How goes the You?.....

what have been some near misses?

21 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

None of the things you quoted are laws.  Scientific laws aren't based on human nature.  And the one 'science based on human nature has gotten a lot wrong and new information changes things quickly.  In contrast, a lot of physics has held up over the years including many of the purely theoretical complex ideas expressed by Einstein.  Economics is a valid field of study, but it isn't a science.

The two laws I mentioned (two of many) can be derived from first principles.  Fisher's Random Walk is just as valid as Einstein's Brownian motion for which it is an analog.  These are not based on human nature.  They come from a logical extension of valid observation, which makes that aspect a science.  In the same way, the derivation of price rigidity in an oligopoly is merely the algebraic expression of concepts as basic as A + B = C.  This is not an expression of human nature.

27 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

How goes the You?.....

Been good. Done 20 odd trips fishing the Pt Loma fleet the last 3 years for tuna and yellowtail. Rode my scooter around your old neighborhood in AZ a month ago. 

Other than that I just sit on my front porch in my underwear with a shotgun and a jug of moonshine and keep an eye out for strangers.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Laker said:

The two laws I mentioned (two of many) can be derived from first principles.  Fisher's Random Walk is just as valid as Einstein's Brownian motion for which it is an analog.  These are not based on human nature.  They come from a logical extension of valid observation, which makes that aspect a science.  In the same way, the derivation of price rigidity in an oligopoly is merely the algebraic expression of concepts as basic as A + B = C.  This is not an expression of human nature.

A precept of science, that experiments are repeatable, seems to be missing in economics.

Broad generalisation definitely apply, but that doesn't make it science either

1 hour ago, Laker said:
2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Sorrey Freddie, you faille to adresse EL's contentione that Finanace ist notte science.  Then throwe in termes licke 'oligopoly' foire theire 'wowe' effectte, I hesitatte to believe you.  I thick manney ortheres wille as welle.

Juste sayeng..............                :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dorado said:

Been good. Done 20 odd trips fishing the Pt Loma fleet the last 3 years for tuna and yellowtail. Rode my scooter around your old neighborhood in AZ a month ago. 

Didde you stoppe and praye at the RB monualmenttes?       I ussialley litte candelles to....       :)

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Didde you stoppe and praye at the RB monualmenttes?       I ussialley litte candelles to....       :)

I did stop to use an outhouse at the Chiricahua National Monument.

It was . . . magnificent !

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dorado said:

I did stop to use an outhouse at the Chiricahua National Monument.

It was . . . magnificent !

That wasn't an outhouse, it was their Sun Temple.  (apologies to Firesign Theater)

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

A precept of science, that experiments are repeatable, seems to be missing in economics.

Broad generalisation definitely apply, but that doesn't make it science either

However, there are repeatable experiments in economics.  Standard student experiment is to set up a portfolio of investments that vary from single investment to highly diversified.  Diversification always wins over time and always fits theory.  Markowitz is right.

Speaking of economics - Professor of Economics from the University of Massachusetts,  Richard Wolff gives a brief on what are we going to do in these times.

Hobot is off the ventilator and they pulled the intubater. He's working a bit to breath, and will till he gets stronger. On the road, pulled over now, will add more details after I get home.

• Like 28
Just now, boomer said:

Hobot is off the ventilator and they pulled the intubater. He's working a bit to breath, and will till he gets stronger. On the road, pulled over now, will add more details after I get home.

Thanks Boomer. Good news. Tell him we eagerly await his return. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, boomer said:

Fantastic! 

• Like 3
On 3/28/2021 at 5:05 PM, mad said:

Are you pairing the wine with a smokey bourbon or a spiced rum?

1 hour ago, boomer said:

Great news! Thanks for keeping us up to date Boomer.

• Like 1

My pleasure. 

Hobot was still heavily sedated this morning, but they started weaning him off that later in the day. He'll still be sedated for a few days yet, to help with his recovery. Though still sedated, they're training him for voice commands, to see how he's recovering from being sedated and to facilitate his care. 

Discussed with Hope the financial end, and that Hobot's secondary insurance should cover the costs, but in case they don't, getting assistance if necessary. 

Also discussed setting up a Go Fund Me for Hobot. Go Fund Me has a  processing fee of 1.9% + $0.30 per donation. Which is reasonable. Paypal has a donation button feature, but their processing fee is 2.9% + $0.30 USD per donation. The six alternatives are progressively more expensive. 

The alternative is to send checks directly to Hope and Hobots address.

Any other ideas or workable donation solutions would be appreciated.

In your honest opinion, Boomer......WHEN.....do you think that H & H would be ready for us or someone else could set up one of those new fangled group virtual town hall ticky-tocky-zoom-conference-call-live-watchy-party-thingy.....where we all could say Hi to them and shit like that?.....

• Like 1

Hobot is still going to be sedated for several more days. So sometime after that, though I'm sure Hobot would like a few more days or over a week to be well recovered. Zoom still hasn't fixed it's security woes and Facebook messenger will allow far more people in a video conference, and be more secure if Facebook platform is turned off. Been using the Facebook messenger with numerous sailors, friends, former workmates and veterans I served with for a year now with no glitches.  

How to find the little-known 'kill switch' that lets you use Facebook with the maximum amount of privacy

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, boomer said:

My pleasure. 

Hobot was still heavily sedated this morning, but they started weaning him off that later in the day. He'll still be sedated for a few days yet, to help with his recovery. Though still sedated, they're training him for voice commands, to see how he's recovering from being sedated and to facilitate his care. 

Discussed with Hope the financial end, and that Hobot's secondary insurance should cover the costs, but in case they don't, getting assistance if necessary. 

Also discussed setting up a Go Fund Me for Hobot. Go Fund Me has a  processing fee of 1.9% + $0.30 per donation. Which is reasonable. Paypal has a donation button feature, but their processing fee is 2.9% + $0.30 USD per donation. The six alternatives are progressively more expensive. 

thanks, Boomer...what ever works best

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Laker said:

However, there are repeatable experiments in economics.  Standard student experiment is to set up a portfolio of investments that vary from single investment to highly diversified.  Diversification always wins over time and always fits theory.  Markowitz is right.

That's more maths than economics....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, boomer said:

My pleasure. 

Doesn't PayPal have a free money transfer feature?

Account to account?

• Like 1

Great to hear!

Thanks for keeping everyone spread around the country/world up to date. While only a small percentage of folks know others hanging around here in person, after so much time, one can figure out the good guys/gals. Hobot-and Boomer-certainly part of that group. 

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Account to account?

22 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Account to account?

23 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Account to account?

Do you have e-transfers directly into bank accounts in Washington?

8 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

For the coup de grace, do you do a BA or a BSc when you study economics?

Depends on the school. I have a BA Econ. But the school offered a BS Econ as well. Depended on how much maths you wanted to do.

4 hours ago, boomer said:

Also discussed setting up a Go Fund Me for Hobot.

this would help non 'mericans show their appreciation .

• Like 3

Thank you Boomer for the update on Hobot.  Keep us posted.  Looking forward to helping Hobot along with his recovery in return for the countless wonderful hours I invested on the Random Pic Thread.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Account to account?

If you use the Family & Friends option it's free

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Account to account?

Does Revolut work in the USA?

(Ironically, as I typed that, spellcheck auto-corrected it to Revolution.)

After reviewing all the options, 'gofundme' appears to be the most hassle free option. I've done the family and friends option in Paypal to send money to family, friends and a few transactions, but though most of us have a Paypal account, not everyone does. Paypal requires the recipient’s name, PayPal username, email address or mobile number and we don't want to put that out there.

Directly deposit of the funds in Hobot's account rather then withdrawing from the 'gofundme' account and depositing electronically in his account or physically withdrawing and giving the funds to Hobot, seems to be the best hassle free option.

His account # and social security number are required to set up the account for direct deposit. So sending the 'gofundme' set up link to Hope, to have her fill out the required  info is the proper thing to do.

Once the 'gofundme' is set up, I'll start a new thread for donations.

https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001992767-Withdrawal-Guide

• Like 4
46 minutes ago, boomer said:

After reviewing all the options, 'gofundme' appears to be the most hassle free option. I've done the family and friends option in Paypal to send money to family, friends and a few transactions, but though most of us have a Paypal account, not everyone does. Paypal requires the recipient’s name, PayPal username, email address or mobile number and we don't want to put that out there.

Directly deposit of the funds in Hobot's account rather then withdrawing from the 'gofundme' account and depositing electronically in his account or physically withdrawing and giving the funds to Hobot, seems to be the best hassle free option.

His account # and social security number are required to set up the account for direct deposit. So sending the 'gofundme' set up link to Hope, to have her fill out the required  info is the proper thing to do.

Once the 'gofundme' is set up, I'll start a new thread for donations.

https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001992767-Withdrawal-Guide

Thanks Boomer. 

As a lot of us know, even with great insurance, there are a million costs that are not covered, from commuting and parking to cafeteria meals for family and caregivers at the hospital.  I urge the community to  generously support Hobot in this time of need.  

• Like 6