Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a lot of work ahead of me still. I am and isolation for 2 weeks still at the new facility. I have so much to say to all of you that and so much for Hope and I, My heart has been touched an

Hobot was kept on a drug that put a protective layer over the ulcer yesterday and last night. The bleeding has been stemmed. He was taken off the respirator this morning. However his blood pressure ke

It appears as if Hobot is on the road to recovery. He's propped in his hospital bed up and alert, cutting it up with his nurses. He's also being combative with one of his doctors a tall blonde Doctor

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I have been on generic rosuvastatin for several years now and tolerate it just fine. At least it didn't seem to make any difference to me physically when I went on it, but my blood work improved.

Everyone tolerates these meds differently, it seems. I had a MI 18 yrs ago, two stents for 99% LAD and 95% RCA blockages. Took 80mg Atorvastatin, changed to pravastatin and now on 40mg rosuvastatin for years with resultant great bloodwork and hey, I’m still here, so I’m not unhappy. We’re all different; I think you need to self-educate, ask a lot of questions, and partner with your doctor on your healthcare. Had a few caths along the line and many stress tests, but all is well. And all six of my siblings have these issues, some worse than me, plus a grandchild with congenital heart issues. It’s not something to ignore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Essential viewing if you take statins.  Australian PHd who was sacked from the ABC for exposing the bullshit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 4:39 AM, Alhadder said:

This thread, and every other thread for that matter, is sooo much better with ^ on ignore. TGIF

Thanks Alhadder.

We know, he didn't post that to benefit anyone on statins, but rather, to stir the pot. 

Most know the risks of statins, and most have already read or heard the risks the past 20+ years.

He appears not to understand most of us know the risks - which is why we may have had concerns,  doses reduced or took a break from statins.

Those who posted about their experience with statins, for the most part have taken charge of their health. 

I'm sure most on statins have read or been told, if having a reaction/s - then have the dose reduced or take a breaks from them.

One should feel comfortable working with their doctor, and trust their doctor more than an Internet forum group.

One should go to another doctor to get a second opinion, and keep looking for a doctor until one finds one they trust.

Most are aware - If one has more than one complex condition - One should rely on medical advice one gets from a doctor they trust, not an internet forum. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Calm down, he’s going to be fine and he’ll get back here when it’s time. Until then, we’ll just have to wait it out. He’s a pretty busy guy right now!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I talked with Hobot this morning. He still working on getting through his recovery and physical therapy.

Just as we began to talk, they were starting him through some procedure or tests and said he'd get beck.

When I hear more I'll get back to you all as soon as I find something out. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, boomer said:

Thanks Alhadder.

We know, he didn't post that to benefit anyone on statins, but rather, to stir the pot. 

Most know the risks of statins, and most have already read or heard the risks the past 20+ years.

He appears not to understand most of us know the risks - which is why we may have had concerns,  doses reduced or took a break from statins.

Those who posted about their experience with statins, for the most part have taken charge of their health. 

I'm sure most on statins have read or been told, if having a reaction/s - then have the dose reduced or take a breaks from them.

One should feel comfortable working with their doctor, and trust their doctor more than an Internet forum group.

One should go to another doctor to get a second opinion, and keep looking for a doctor until one finds one they trust.

Most are aware - If one has more than one complex condition - One should rely on medical advice one gets from a doctor they trust, not an internet forum. 

 

Just remember, if you are not getting on with a doctor, you are also doing the doctor a favour by looking around for someone else.

The doctor patient relationship is very subtle, but the core component is trust, find someone matched to your personality you can trust.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So just got off a 1/2 hour video call with Hobot. He now looks like Santa Claus with his beard growth, he looked good and healthy. He's getting stronger in his recovery, however he only get's one visit from a therapist every other day or so, and so far has only had two physical therapy sessions. Hope brought his upright walker at the beginning of the week, yet it's out of his reach to use - so he can't practice just standing a few times a day. So he's not getting the physical and occupational therapy both Hope and Hobot had desired. So Hope is looking to get him transferred across the lake to a rehabilitation center in Kirkland, who actually do delivery a viable daily rehabilitation.

When he was transported to the Urology Clinic to remove the tube supplying his catheter - one of the two attendant ambulance Paramedic's, a young lady leaned over and whispered in Hobot's ear and said, "we don't like this place and how they care for their patients." - in reference to the Kindred Hospital where he's staying. 

When at the Urology clinic, they scoped his bladder through his penis, he said he couldn't look,  but said he didn't feel much pain, and they demonstrated experience - which was comforting. BTW - the Urology clinic, is one where Hope was office manager for a number of years.

Hobot is obviously going stir crazy, with lack of proper rehab. But what really bothers him is how many times he has to give blood through the day and night.- and getting woken at night to give blood. They keep the IV needle in him. However rather then putting another draw needle in and leaving it, they alternate between the back of his hand and his arm. He says only one elderly nurse knows how to find a vein the first try, the rest have to take several stabs at it and a few have used Mark for practice. I remember going through the same, and ended with needle bruises on both arms and back of hands, till I requested a draw needle be left in and capped off when not in use. That's where Mark is now, with little bruises from the inexperienced trying to find a vein - and finally now they're just pricking the end of a finger, since they don't need but a drop of blood to check blood sugar.

Though Hope told me he's not following the plan, Hobot ensures me he is following the plan. I know Mark and he only gets upset with repeated continual incompetence, and he says he had to stop himself from getting upset and saying something about the ongoing incompetence - but still had to tell several LPNs to leave the room, when they couldn't find a vein after repeated attempts. Then the elderly experienced nurse had to follow up, and has nailed the vein, the first time, every time. Hope keeps telling him to stick to the plan, but that upsets him, because two visits for physical therapy and leaving him with an exercise band and telling him to use it through the day, doesn't appear to be much of a plan. I know Mark would like to practice standing and walking with his upright walker, but there's been no attempt to help him with that.

Mark is doing better talking, and getting right through his sentences, and feels a daily improvement with the fogginess clearing. In fact it sounded like the Mark that I knew talking with him, which is a way good sign.

Mark has thought about responding here, but then he figures we'll want him responding to questions or getting on other threads and he's not ready for that yet. He says when he gets home in a few weeks, he feels he'll be ready for posting or any Q & A.

He read about IB passing this morning and like most of us was saddened by Larry's passing.

He says he missing interacting with the sailors here on SA, and is looking forward to getting home with a real key board in front of him, and appreciates the kindness and generosity of the sailors here.

 

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, boomer said:

So he's not getting the physical and occupational therapy both Hope and Hobot had desired. So Hope is looking to get him transferred across the lake to a rehabilitation center in Kirkland, who actually do delivery a viable daily rehabilitation.

What a shameful use of his time. I’m surprised he wasn’t sent to a Rehab facility at initial discharge. Kindred doesn’t have a stellar reputation in my part of the country, and it’s more of a ‘nursing home’ than a Rehab hospital. Hopefully he’ll get xferred and start an effective rehab program. TY for the update.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boomer said:

So just got off a 1/2 hour video call with Hobot. He now looks like Santa Claus with his beard growth, he looked good and healthy. He's getting stronger in his recovery, however he only get's one visit from a therapist every other day or so, and so far has only had two physical therapy sessions. Hope brought his upright walker at the beginning of the week, yet it's out of his reach to use - so he can't practice just standing a few times a day. So he's not getting the physical and occupational therapy both Hope and Hobot had desired. So Hope is looking to get him transferred across the lake to a rehabilitation center in Kirkland, who actually do delivery a viable daily rehabilitation.

When he was transported to the Urology Clinic to remove the tube supplying his catheter - one of the two attendant ambulance Paramedic's, a young lady leaned over and whispered in Hobot's ear and said, "we don't like this place and how they care for their patients." - in reference to the Kindred Hospital where he's staying. 

When at the Urology clinic, they scoped his bladder through his penis, he said he couldn't look,  but said he didn't feel much pain, and they demonstrated experience - which was comforting. BTW - the Urology clinic, is one where Hope was office manager for a number of years.

Hobot is obviously going stir crazy, with lack of proper rehab. But what really bothers him is how many times he has to give blood through the day and night.- and getting woken at night to give blood. They keep the IV needle in him. However rather then putting another draw needle in and leaving it, they alternate between the back of his hand and his arm. He says only one elderly nurse knows how to find a vein the first try, the rest have to take several stabs at it and a few have used Mark for practice. I remember going through the same, and ended with needle bruises on both arms and back of hands, till I requested a draw needle be left in and capped off when not in use. That's where Mark is now, with little bruises from the inexperienced trying to find a vein - and finally now they're just pricking the end of a finger, since they don't need but a drop of blood to check blood sugar.

Though Hope told me he's not following the plan, Hobot ensures me he is following the plan. I know Mark and he only gets upset with repeated continual incompetence, and he says he had to stop himself from getting upset and saying something about the ongoing incompetence - but still had to tell several LPNs to leave the room, when they couldn't find a vein after repeated attempts. Then the elderly experienced nurse had to follow up, and has nailed the vein, the first time, every time. Hope keeps telling him to stick to the plan, but that upsets him, because two visits for physical therapy and leaving him with an exercise band and telling him to use it through the day, doesn't appear to be much of a plan. I know Mark would like to practice standing and walking with his upright walker, but there's been no attempt to help him with that.

Mark is doing better talking, and getting right through his sentences, and feels a daily improvement with the fogginess clearing. In fact it sounded like the Mark that I knew talking with him, which is a way good sign.

Mark has thought about responding here, but then he figures we'll want him responding to questions or getting on other threads and he's not ready for that yet. He says when he gets home in a few weeks, he feels he'll be ready for posting or any Q & A.

He read about IB passing this morning and like most of us was saddened by Larry's passing.

He says he missing interacting with the sailors here on SA, and is looking forward to getting home with a real key board in front of him, and appreciates the kindness and generosity of the sailors here.

 

thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boomer said:

So just got off a 1/2 hour video call with Hobot. He now looks like Santa Claus with his beard growth, he looked good and healthy. He's getting stronger in his recovery, however he only get's one visit from a therapist every other day or so, and so far has only had two physical therapy sessions. Hope brought his upright walker at the beginning of the week, yet it's out of his reach to use - so he can't practice just standing a few times a day. So he's not getting the physical and occupational therapy both Hope and Hobot had desired. So Hope is looking to get him transferred across the lake to a rehabilitation center in Kirkland, who actually do delivery a viable daily rehabilitation.

When he was transported to the Urology Clinic to remove the tube supplying his catheter - one of the two attendant ambulance Paramedic's, a young lady leaned over and whispered in Hobot's ear and said, "we don't like this place and how they care for their patients." - in reference to the Kindred Hospital where he's staying. 

When at the Urology clinic, they scoped his bladder through his penis, he said he couldn't look,  but said he didn't feel much pain, and they demonstrated experience - which was comforting. BTW - the Urology clinic, is one where Hope was office manager for a number of years.

Hobot is obviously going stir crazy, with lack of proper rehab. But what really bothers him is how many times he has to give blood through the day and night.- and getting woken at night to give blood. They keep the IV needle in him. However rather then putting another draw needle in and leaving it, they alternate between the back of his hand and his arm. He says only one elderly nurse knows how to find a vein the first try, the rest have to take several stabs at it and a few have used Mark for practice. I remember going through the same, and ended with needle bruises on both arms and back of hands, till I requested a draw needle be left in and capped off when not in use. That's where Mark is now, with little bruises from the inexperienced trying to find a vein - and finally now they're just pricking the end of a finger, since they don't need but a drop of blood to check blood sugar.

Though Hope told me he's not following the plan, Hobot ensures me he is following the plan. I know Mark and he only gets upset with repeated continual incompetence, and he says he had to stop himself from getting upset and saying something about the ongoing incompetence - but still had to tell several LPNs to leave the room, when they couldn't find a vein after repeated attempts. Then the elderly experienced nurse had to follow up, and has nailed the vein, the first time, every time. Hope keeps telling him to stick to the plan, but that upsets him, because two visits for physical therapy and leaving him with an exercise band and telling him to use it through the day, doesn't appear to be much of a plan. I know Mark would like to practice standing and walking with his upright walker, but there's been no attempt to help him with that.

Mark is doing better talking, and getting right through his sentences, and feels a daily improvement with the fogginess clearing. In fact it sounded like the Mark that I knew talking with him, which is a way good sign.

Mark has thought about responding here, but then he figures we'll want him responding to questions or getting on other threads and he's not ready for that yet. He says when he gets home in a few weeks, he feels he'll be ready for posting or any Q & A.

He read about IB passing this morning and like most of us was saddened by Larry's passing.

He says he missing interacting with the sailors here on SA, and is looking forward to getting home with a real key board in front of him, and appreciates the kindness and generosity of the sailors here.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Boomer, Thank you for keeping us up to date with Hotbot and IB. I am sure this has got to have taken a toll on you also (hell its taken a toll on me just reading the threads) take care of yourself. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, boomer said:

So just got off a 1/2 hour video call with Hobot. He now looks like Santa Claus with his beard growth,

Please let him know that all I want for Xmas is for him to be home and healthy, and for good health to all others on this site.  We've had enough bad news to hold us for quite some time.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chester said:

"Hope told me he's not following the plan, Hobot ensures me he is following the plan"...classic! :D.  thanks for the update 

Talked with Hope this evening, for another half hour, there still appears to be a conflict of opinion.  Mark was sitting up in bed a 1/2 an hour at a time yesterday, and trying for sitting up an hour at a time today when I talked with him. I asked Mark, if he could practice sitting up with his feet over the edge of the bed, and try standing at least three times a day. Hope said the same, sit up daily with feet over the side of the bed and try standing at least 3-5 times a day. I'm hoping Mark will try to start doing that tomorrow, just to gain some core strength. His upper body and arms are strong, but his core and his legs are weak and still recovering. I'm just hoping he get's a physical therapist to work with him and push him to exercise his core more - the sooner the core and the legs are strong, the sooner he gets to go home.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Off Watch. As the intermediary here, I made the decision to stay the course for all of you, for Mark.& Hope.

As for the taking care of myself - I stay religiously to my diet, exercise throughout the day, mixed in with stair climbing, and work around the property - that's what I have to do, to get another 20+ years. Not only amputees, but rather for all of us 65 and older, exercise is medicine and movement is life. As an amputee, if I don't exercise and stay active - on average 60% of amputees 64.5 years and older die within three years.

Today we worked on checking and repairing all the pasture fencing with two trailer loads of lambs arriving in late afternoon. Since we don't have cows and horses anymore, we take in sheep every spring to keep the pastures down.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad he is doing better. As an observation from a couple of my hospitalizations if one is a fall risk, which Hobot most certainly is, they really do not want you trying to stand on your own. Hence walkers and the like kept out of reach. Sitting and dangling unsupervised also a no no. You can fall forward and hit the floor. 

So it's frustrating and wrong he is not getting more PT but given the lack of care there, unlikely a trained person will be there for practice dangling and standing with a belt. 

Even when I came home after a week of rehab, Mr C was supposed to put the belt on me to go on the stairs till PT cleared me

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Glad he is doing better. As an observation from a couple of my hospitalizations if one is a fall risk, which Hobot most certainly is, they really do not want you trying to stand on your own. Hence walkers and the like kept out of reach. Sitting and dangling unsupervised also a no no. You can fall forward and hit the floor. 

So it's frustrating and wrong he is not getting more PT but given the lack of care there, unlikely a trained person will be there for practice dangling and standing with a belt. 

Even when I came home after a week of rehab, Mr C was supposed to put the belt on me to go on the stairs till PT cleared me

Yes of course, I just didn't add all the details, expecting everyone to read between the lines. We discussed the same, requesting a physical therapist or someone big enough to hold him up, three times a day, just long enough to help him stand, sit back and get back in bed - with or without the upright walker.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, boomer said:

Yes of course, I just didn't add all the details, expecting everyone to read between the lines. We discussed the same, requesting a physical therapist or someone big enough to hold him up, three times a day, just long enough to help him stand, sit back and get back in bed - with or without the upright walker.

Hopefully he will be somewhere where they have staff to put him in one of those barcalounger chairs a couple of times a day...get you up, walk you over, sit you down...upright for a while. Better for your circulation. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Hopefully he will be somewhere where they have staff to put him in one of those barcalounger chairs a couple of times a day...get you up, walk you over, sit you down...upright for a while. Better for your circulation. 

That would be nice.

Mark and Lucy in better times.

250.jpeg

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, boomer said:

That would be nice.

Mark and Lucy in better times.

250.jpeg

Just a quick note of thanks.  Always great to see news of progress when I check in here. And good to know he has a good support system.  Tip my cap...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark texted me this afternoon: 

Having a bit of a problem being worn out and speaking today but I wanted you to know that I'm being shipped off to a place called Life Care in Kirkland, it's a place that specializes in physical rehabilitation. I'm hoping, though I don't know, how that it will be a short visit and then I'll get to go home to hope and my dog Lucy.

I will update you more as I need a little rest right now

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boomer said:

Mark texted me this afternoon: 

Having a bit of a problem being worn out and speaking today but I wanted you to know that I'm being shipped off to a place called Life Care in Kirkland, it's a place that specializes in physical rehabilitation. I'm hoping, though I don't know, how that it will be a short visit and then I'll get to go home to hope and my dog Lucy.

I will update you more as I need a little rest right now

Thank you for the constant updates! Very glad he is on the mend, no matter how slow it may be!

 

WL

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, White Lightning2 said:

Thank you for the constant updates! Very glad he is on the mend, no matter how slow it may be!

 

WL

what he said

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, boomer said:

Mark texted me this afternoon: 

Having a bit of a problem being worn out and speaking today but I wanted you to know that I'm being shipped off to a place called Life Care in Kirkland, it's a place that specializes in physical rehabilitation. I'm hoping, though I don't know, how that it will be a short visit and then I'll get to go home to hope and my dog Lucy.

I will update you more as I need a little rest right now

Go the Hobs! Home to Hope n the dawg! Get ‘er done mate!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The least I can do for a friend.

We texted back and forth some more for a while.

Mark said, "My brain fog is much better. I've been working on remembering details and stuff, but my speech isn't great yet. What's weird is if I talk in a whisper, I can put all my words together in a row, but if I use my voice, it goes away and I struggle. Trying to get rid of the dizziness still when I sit up and stand. It takes a shorter amount of time now, but even after the dizziness goes away, I don't feel right in my head. Slow road."

Mark continued, "I looked up "Hope Life Care Center" so I would know where it is and as soon as I saw it I knew....It was ground zero for Covid 19 and a bunch of senior citizens passed away there last year. NOT A GOOD FEELING.

I asked, if Hope knew.

Mark replied, "She didn't, but knows now. The place is mostly a convalescent home for seniors. I looked at their Facebook page and their web page. NOT TO HAPPY. I feel like the case worker here is getting rid of me to where ever he can.

Mark continued, "Hope called the Hope Life Center and talked with them for a while. I''m gonna be in a room by myself. SInce it's Covid 19 I'm gonna be isolated for 14 days. At best Hope can just come up to the window, and we can just look at each other."

I then then texted, "Holy freaking crap!" and called Mark. We discussed what's happening in the Covid 19 news in Washington State, and now the problem with people not wanting to get vaccinated. Mark said, "I saw that stuff on the News and it's just heartbreaking. If they only knew what people like me went through after getting it. Even though I've had it, as soon as I can get the vaccine I want to get it." Then he talked about just missing getting the vaccine, because he's just under 65 and how they opened it up for his age group and then everyone else shortly there after. He also doesn't like that a vaccine with such a high efficacy rate, and low percentage of physical reactions after has been politicized. As well as those who don't want to mask up.

Mark can't wait to get beyond this, so he can get home to Hope and Lucy.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda hoped he wouldn't notice that Ground Zero part. Still, it should be safe there. I doubt they like their infamy, and am certain they don't want a repeat of last year. So there's that.

Go the Hobot!

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

I kinda hoped he wouldn't notice that Ground Zero part. Still, it should be safe there. I doubt they like their infamy, and am certain they don't want a repeat of last year. So there's that.

Go the Hobot!

I told Mark the same Dancer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, boomer said:

The least I can do for a friend.

We texted back and forth some more for a while.

Mark said, "My brain fog is much better. I've been working on remembering details and stuff, but my speech isn't great yet. What's weird is if I talk in a whisper, I can put all my words together in a row, but if I use my voice, it goes away and I struggle. Trying to get rid of the dizziness still when I sit up and stand. It takes a shorter amount of time now, but even after the dizziness goes away, I don't feel right in my head. Slow road."

Mark continued, "I looked up "Hope Life Care Center" so I would know where it is and as soon as I saw it I knew....It was ground zero for Covid 19 and a bunch of senior citizens passed away there last year. NOT A GOOD FEELING.

I asked, if Hope knew.

Mark replied, "She didn't, but knows now. The place is mostly a convalescent home for seniors. I looked at their Facebook page and their web page. NOT TO HAPPY. I feel like the case worker here is getting rid of me to where ever he can.

Mark continued, "Hope called the Hope Life Center and talked with them for a while. I''m gonna be in a room by myself. SInce it's Covid 19 I'm gonna be isolated for 14 days. At best Hope can just come up to the window, and we can just look at each other."

I then then texted, "Holy freaking crap!" and called Mark. We discussed what's happening in the Covid 19 news in Washington State, and now the problem with people not wanting to get vaccinated. Mark said, "I saw that stuff on the News and it's just heartbreaking. If they only knew what people like me went through after getting it. Even though I've had it, as soon as I can get the vaccine I want to get it." Then he talked about just missing getting the vaccine, because he's just under 65 and how they opened it up for his age group and then everyone else shortly there after. He also doesn't like that a vaccine with such a high efficacy rate, and low percentage of physical reactions after has been politicized. As well as those who don't want to mask up.

Mark can't wait to get beyond this, so he can get home to Hope and Lucy.

There's talk that the vaccine helps with brain fog. Don't know details....

 

 

He's got a lot to look forward to, and it will be hard work. But not as hard as being unconscious with a tube down his throat.

 

He's done the hard yards and maybe needs to be reminded that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @hobot, I see you’re lurking!  Keep working on getting better, for you, your gal, your kid, and your dog!  I know that it’s hard, but I know that you can do it!  Hell, even Boothie came back!  

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hobot said:

I have a lot of work ahead of me still. I am and isolation for 2 weeks still at the new facility.

I have so much to say to all of you that and so much for Hope and I, My heart has been touched and this all has been a very humbling time and i will find a better way in the future too express how I feel.

Still having hard time drinking words together I'm told it's because of my lung capacity.

My bra in is coming back online quickly but I've been laying flat since the beginning of March and it's really messed me up when it comes to trying to walk.

I can stand vertical using a walker but the head rush is almost two much still.

The new rehab place I'm in is very focused on getting me up and running.

I can't wait to take a warm shower.

I plan on starting a new picture page thread, I was on the verge of doing so when I went down hard in March, and have plenty of pictures stored up to get going with it. Having a hard time operating my cell phone still so I can't quite ability yet.

Voice to text is a good thing I'm finding.

Well be back as soon as I'm home in a couple of weeks.

hobot

 

P.S. keep giving random s*** the guy is a nut bar but necessary nut bar for this website

 

 

Welcome Back!!!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad to have you back, Hobot! Hang in there. It'll take time and it won't be a straight line upwards but you will recover!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, hobot said:

I have a lot of work ahead of me still. I am and isolation for 2 weeks still at the new facility.

....

Well be back as soon as I'm home in a couple of weeks.

hobot

 

P.S. keep giving random s*** the guy is a nut bar but necessary nut bar for this website

 

 

Welcome back mate!!!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hobot said:

I have a lot of work ahead of me still. I am and isolation for 2 weeks still at the new facility.

I have so much to say to all of you that and so much for Hope and I, My heart has been touched and this all has been a very humbling time and i will find a better way in the future too express how I feel.

Still having hard time drinking words together I'm told it's because of my lung capacity.

My bra in is coming back online quickly but I've been laying flat since the beginning of March and it's really messed me up when it comes to trying to walk.

I can stand vertical using a walker but the head rush is almost two much still.

The new rehab place I'm in is very focused on getting me up and running.

I can't wait to take a warm shower.

I plan on starting a new picture page thread, I was on the verge of doing so when I went down hard in March, and have plenty of pictures stored up to get going with it. Having a hard time operating my cell phone still so I can't quite ability yet.

Voice to text is a good thing I'm finding.

Well be back as soon as I'm home in a couple of weeks.

hobot

 

P.S. keep giving random s*** the guy is a nut bar but necessary nut bar for this website

 

 

Really glad to hear from you.  Welcome back.  Welcome to the other side.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Home @hobot!  Great to hear from you directly, although @boomer did a great job of keeping us updated!  Please take your time to recover before you try to do too much!  We know it'll take a bit of time and a lot of energy!  I had a mild case in January, and can only imagine how bad it was for you.  I got my second Moderna jab earlier this week.  I got the first shot as soon as I could get an appointment.  I had some minor side effects, but I know that it is worth it in the long run!  

Hang in there!  We'll be here, if and when you need us!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure he can get a note from Epstiens mother

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

From the other side of the world it's great to see you back online Hobot.

Oh and with that Random guy I find ignore is your friend. He went back on that list following his dump on Boomer in this thread three weeks ago and then he kept on dumping in other threads.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good fucking god! Great to see you back Hobo!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hobot;

1). Thanks for coming back.....a few of us kinda sorta missed you. Kinda.

2). Don't you EVER f'ng do this to us and your loved ones again. Or your dog. Gottit?

3). Please don't over think all that re-hab shit that you're probably gonna be aurally over-loaded with this week.....just take things one at a time, do what you can, pretend you're surfing uncrowded Cape Saint Francis back in '65....and you can take your time picking & choosing what wave you want. The witch doctors 'always know better'.....until they don't.

4). Nurse Ratched says Hi. And to stay away from Brazil & India. 

5). And finally (I think?), you're one of the good guys here.....so dying was not an option and we're all very glad you chose hanging out here with us instead.

6). Btw, Boomer kicks ass and went WAAAAYYYYY the fuk above & beyond the call of duty keeping everyone here up-2-date on basically EVERYTHING concerning you & yours. I for one am very impressed at how much time & effort he put in......because it's hard watching a potential tragedy unfold when you literally don't know what's gonna happen 2 & a half minutes down the road.

7). Yakatcha later, Brah.....and welcome back....B)

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alhadder said:

From the other side of the world it's great to see you back online Hobot.

Oh and with that Random guy I find ignore is your friend. He went back on that list following his dump on Boomer in this thread three weeks ago and then he kept on dumping in other threads.

Harden the fuck up Al

Hobot was sick and he understands the need for diversity around here, you on the other hand want everyone the be nice all the time!

Welcome back Hobot.  I knew you would make it. 

I put some time in controlling boomer for you, he got all weird with alternative medicine for a bit but it's all good now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Randorm said:

Welcome back Hobot.  I knew you’d make it. Sounds like I give a shit,  right?

Edited by Sail4beer
Edited to express Randumb better
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Randorm said:

Harden the fuck up Al

Hobot was sick and he understands the need for diversity around here, you on the other hand want everyone the be nice all the time!

Welcome back Hobot.  I knew you would make it. 

I put some time in controlling boomer for you, he got all weird with alternative medicine for a bit but it's all good now.

Actually.....you're just a fuking despicable, miserable  cunt with absolutely zero benefit to Mankind. So the sooner you contract Tombstone-itis....the sooner this world will be a better place. 

In the meantime however, whilst we're all awaiting your obituary notice in the Gnu Yawk Thymes? Please consider taking up a Fentanyl habit. You know, just for gitts & shiggles? And to get things rolling...you fuking fuk....

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Randorm said:

Harden the fuck up Al

Hobot was sick and he understands the need for diversity around here, you on the other hand want everyone the be nice all the time!

Welcome back Hobot.  I knew you would make it. 

I put some time in controlling boomer for you, he got all weird with alternative medicine for a bit but it's all good now.

You have something seriously wrong with you. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Mistere Kottiare = Hobotto?                                :)

Domo arigato Mr. Hotbotto? :P

Ok,  I'll close the door as I leave 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, too, to Boomer.

OT. This is the Hobot-Boomer thread. Thanks, Sailforbeer, though, for setting up the pay-attention-to me-troll thread. 

Always good to hear of comebacks, and those who care.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

You have something seriously wrong with you. 

This is what happens when you're born on another planet that is devoid of oxygen......

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stief said:

Thanks, too, to Boomer.

OT. This is the Hobot-Boomer thread. Thanks, Sailforbeer, though, for setting up the pay-attention-to me-troll thread. 

Always good to hear of comebacks, and those who care.

 ?.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, my bad. I should have just ignored the troll.

Looking forward to the recovery of the picthread too (two?): Hobot's sense of what pics to select is remarkable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Hobot's sense for finding those pics is quite remarkable.

The same with his ability taking pics and capturing images - one sees the world as he sees it.

I expect that ability will get more remarkable.

Going to the edge does that, you find fragments of your original beginnings.

On the other hand, once you've been to the edge, you see it from a different perspective.

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

Please consider taking up a Fentanyl habit. You know, just for gitts & shiggles?

Could I have some of yours please?

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, boomer said:

 

On the other hand, once you've been to the edge, you see it from a different perspective.

@boomer, you are a wise man.  Our perspectives and general outlook on life changes once we’ve been to that edge. Don’t recommend it to anyone, but the difference can be extraordinary.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boomer said:

Yes Hobot's sense for finding those pics is quite remarkable.

The same with his ability taking pics and capturing images - one sees the world as he sees it.

I expect that ability will get more remarkable.

Going to the edge does that, you find fragments of your original beginnings.

On the other hand, once you've been to the edge, you see it from a different perspective.

 

Copy that. I remrmber some great shots of yours as well Boomer.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grrr... said:

You have something seriously wrong with you. 

But you are the one in Detroit ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back Hobot, it's great that you're on the road to recovery.  Take it one step at a time, one foot in front of the the other.  My favorite aphorism for getting through the tough times is "You don't have to like it, you just have to do it."

Now that the niceties are over I just want to tell you that you better not do that again!  If you needed a break from the picture thread, you could have just politely told us and had your little rest.  But no, you had to go full blown drama and scare the shit out of us!  Don't you dare ever pull another stunt like that or you will incur the wrath of a bunch of angry anarchists.  You got that?  Good, now just keep working on getting better dammit.

And greetings to your lovely lady.  

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hobot said:

Well be back as soon as I'm home in a couple of weeks.

You are already back mate! And we are all really happy for it.

Cheers!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@hobot It’s so good to see you back here.

Along the lines of what @Ed Lada said above, concentrate only and exclusively on “The six inches in front of your face”.

What you’re facing now is akin to eating an elephant; seems impossible but it’s just one bite at a time.

Mind yourself, and those around you. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Randorm said:

Could I have some of yours please?

Fuk, What's your address. I'll take up a collection!! 

 

You are the first person I ever blocked on this site. After my account got nuked in one of Scott's "upgrades", I left everyone unblocked. That was a mistake.

Back onto ignore you go

 

WL

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites