• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a lot of work ahead of me still. I am and isolation for 2 weeks still at the new facility. I have so much to say to all of you that and so much for Hope and I, My heart has been touched an

Hobot was kept on a drug that put a protective layer over the ulcer yesterday and last night. The bleeding has been stemmed. He was taken off the respirator this morning. However his blood pressure ke

It appears as if Hobot is on the road to recovery. He's propped in his hospital bed up and alert, cutting it up with his nurses. He's also being combative with one of his doctors a tall blonde Doctor

Posted Images

Go the Hobot!

I am sure the PT is onerous but remember, you don't have to like it, you just have to do it!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Go the Hobot!

I am sure the PT is onerous but remember, you don't have to like it, you just have to do it!

Learning to walk again has been the most painful part of the journey. I've always been anti heavy pain medication but I finally gave in and started taking .25 (?) Of an oxycodone pill to help manage it and and it works for about 4 or 5 hours which gets me through physical therapy/walking with crutches. Not saying it eliminates the pain but it definitely dulls it some. Having to wear a mask and breathing in hot air as I start to pant really sucks!

I've done good on everything else and have been discharged from occupational therapy, but I keep up with doing laps around the building in the wheelchair to get an upper body workout and help increase my endurance. I have my operate walker from home with me also and even though I'm much much slower I do laps with it too to get my leg muscles working again. Since I'm able to put my weight on my elbows it relieves the pain of my hips and I'm super happy to have it as a tool to use.

The early a.m. seems to be the time of day to do my laps that the later it gets the more patients, busy nurses and CNA's are busy running around and I don't want to get in their way.

Can't say enough good things about the nurses and CNAs here their compassion is beyond what I've ever thought about and they've taken stellar care of me.

My heart breaks though for the patients here that you hear crying out for help or moaning in pain.

Upon arriving here I was placed in covid-19 isolation for the first two weeks, a very lonely experience, after that I've become just one of the regulars which is fine but at my age I seem to be the youngest one here. While doing my laps and my wheelchair I will take time to talk to some of the seniors that are out in the hallways hanging out as it also gives me time to rest.

Word is I get to go home early next week (I'm so looking forward to seeing my little Lucy again..and Hope too! :D)

:)

P.S.  I cannot express how much it means to me to have so much support from all you anarchists out there, I've always tried to stay in the background and just play the support role in life, I'm trying to find the words to put together to let you all know how much it has helped me to hear from you.

• Like 26

It's great to have you back, Hobot. I don't know if you're the goal-oriented type, but I'm trying to pull together a very casual SA rendezvous at the Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival. By very casual, I mean anchor within sight of each other if coming by boat and maybe meet up for a beer at a local establishment to put faces to names, no obligation beyond that. 

The Festival is mid-September, which seems far enough off that you could get yourself into reasonably good condition but close enough to be a motivator. 

Just a thought.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, hobot said:

I'm trying to find the words to put together to let you all know how much it has helped me to hear from you.

We know, man. We're grateful too!

• Like 1

Hobs, just scanning through the latest pics. I am so glad to be able to know you in the net and I live where your mind and pics take me. Get well. And,,,,,?? Personally, get away from the pain meds as soon as possible. It cost me more the longer I used then. It changes your personality. Are you looking at me?

• Like 1
On 5/29/2021 at 11:32 AM, hobot said:

:)

P.S.  I cannot express how much it means to me to have so much support from all you anarchists out there, I've always tried to stay in the background and just play the support role in life, I'm trying to find the words to put together to let you all know how much it has helped me to hear from you.

oh shut the fuck up and just keep gettin better!!!!! :) 

• Like 1
On 5/29/2021 at 9:32 AM, hobot said:

, I'm trying to find the words to put together to let you all know how much it has helped me to hear from you.

I’d say you’ve done it. Well said no need for anything further 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, boomer said:

Mark messaged me, that he's home!

532.jpeg

Man, he needs a trip to the barber shop!

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Willin' said:

Man, he needs a trip to the barber shop!

Lucy was pretty excited to see him. That pic was after she gave him about a hundred kisses.

The world is a better place at the Hobot homestead.

Just talked with Mark, he's pretty exhausted and will respond after he gets some rest.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, boomer said:

Lucy was pretty excited to see him. That pic was after she gave him about a hundred kisses.

Thank goodness, I thought he'd gone totally Wookiiee on us!

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, boomer said:

The world is a better place at the Hobot homestead.

Just talked with Mark, he's pretty exhausted and will respond after he gets some rest.

No video? :(