https://www.axios.com/dominion-lawsuit-fox-news-defamation-295ffe29-9a8f-4c91-82bc-989da9ec418e.html

It was just a matter of time. 

The Complaint: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/20527881/dominion-v-fox-news-complaint.pdf

“The truth matters. Lies have consequences. Fox sold a false story of election fraud in order to serve its own commercial purposes, severely injuring Dominion in the process. If this case does not rise to the level of defamation by a broadcaster, then nothing does. Dominion brings this lawsuit to set the record straight, to vindicate its rights, and to recover damages for the devastating economic harm done to its business.”

43 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

But "freedom of speech" means you can deliberately lie, either for your own gain or to harm others

That's in the Constitution, dammit!

- DSK

Yes you can.  

You can also stick your dick in a garbage disposal and turn it on. 

40 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I'm trying to figure out how the mechanics of that work.  I mean it would take some serious effort. 

• Like 1

It's really tempting to forget history now that we have the Presidency, the Senate and the House.

But those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.

There is a direct and undeniable lineage from Dominion back to voting systems that were proved hackable.

Yes, our intellectually-challenged local ex-lawyer dismisses this -- as he does with every bit of news with which he disagrees as "bullshit" since the realities of real life complexity are too much for him to handle, apparently.

But the real danger of allowing people like this to hijack the narrative is that the past he denies -- for instance Gore winning the popular vote and losing the election, potentially due to election error, as supported by no less than Pat Buchanan -- is that we will see this happen again to us, and we won't be able to stop it, because deniers like Sol will have successfully hijacked the narrative due to their selfish and short-term desires.

1 minute ago, mikewof said:

It's really tempting to forget history now that we have the Presidency, the Senate and the House.

But those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.

There is a direct and undeniable lineage from Dominion back to voting systems that were proved hackable.

Yes, our intellectually-challenged local ex-lawyer dismisses this -- as he does with every bit of news with which he disagrees as "bullshit" since the realities of real life complexity are too much for him to handle, apparently.

But the real danger of allowing people like this to hijack the narrative is that the past he denies -- for instance Gore winning the popular vote and losing the election, potentially due to election error, as supported by no less than Pat Buchanan -- is that we will see this happen again to us, and we won't be able to stop it, because deniers like Sol will have successfully hijacked the narrative due to their selfish and short-term desires.

Please stop with the “we” narrative you q-anon nut. 

This is simple. Did fox knowingly bash dominion in order to make $s. If so, Fox will pay. Something from 20 years ago has no bearing. 

Just now, Raz'r said:

Some of the bullshitters here have gone missing. Wonder why?

If you're denying the very real history of Dominion's proven weaknesses, then in fact, you're the "bullshitter" and you are here.

You have a choice ... you can be like Sol and deny history, or you can acknowledge real problems and demand better for your voting district.

In case you haven't paid attention -- which it seems you have not -- voter disenfranchisement acts have flooded the country in many states. 

2 minutes ago, mikewof said:

If you're denying the very real history of Dominion's proven weaknesses, then in fact, you're the "bullshitter" and you are here.

You have a choice ... you can be like Sol and deny history, or you can acknowledge real problems and demand better for your voting district.

In case you haven't paid attention -- which it seems you have not -- voter disenfranchisement acts have flooded the country in many states. 

I don’t buy your q-anon bullshit. Peddle it somewhere else.

7 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Please stop with the “we” narrative you q-anon nut. 

This is simple. Did fox knowingly bash dominion in order to make $s. If so, Fox will pay. Something from 20 years ago has no bearing. 

"q-anon"? You do know that Dominion's IP is built on intellectual property that was proven hackable when it was put into the field by Diebold, right?

That you can equate that to a nutty conspiracy is testament to your ignorance.

As for Fox News, if you can show the clip here where their news unit (not an editorial or opinion maker) "bashed" Dominion, then I'm happy to give you my opinion.

And "something from 20 years ago" absolutely has "bearing" when that same chain of IP is apparently still with us.

We need elections that are open and transparent and reliable and accountable. That isn't a left-right, red-blue kind of thing.

12 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Of course you don't "buy" it, because you are the type who George Santayana warned us about.

You are able to deny history, by convincing yourself that history is "q-anon bullshit."

In my opinion, your type is a particularly dangerous kind of American, you don't recognize your own politically-driven ignorance.

Besides the q bullshit he spews, woofy denies the fact that the IT was likely corrected when it was proven in a controlled test.  TWO COMPANIES and 20 years ago. But he likes saying Diebold because he thinks that 20 year old boogie man still matters.  Next.  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Besides the q bullshit he spews, woofy denies the fact that the IT was likely corrected when it was proven in a controlled test.  TWO COMPANIES and 20 years ago. But he likes saying Diebold because he thinks that 20 year old boogie man still matters.  Next.  

You just put you finger on the problem.

We don't know if it was corrected, we don't know if new vulnerabilities have been introduced. It's a private, Canadian company without public transparency.

You write the word "next" since it's clear that the 2020 election was not hacked.

But what about 2016? What about 2000? What about 2024?

That you are able to brush all of this off in the guise of political expediency should send make you worry. What kind of voting system do you want your children and grandchildren to inherit?

A closed IP system where you have to use qualifiers like "probably" or "likely"? Or do you want a system with full open-source transparency and full public accountability?

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Something else in which Mikey sees himself as an expert.

In fact, I'm the one questioning the experts, since I am nothing more than a regular old American voter.

We deserve better than closed IP voting systems. We deserve an open sourced, trackable, fully transparent system. And one needs ZERO expertise to demand something like that.

12 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Besides the q bullshit he spews, woofy denies the fact that the IT was likely corrected when it was proven in a controlled test.  TWO COMPANIES and 20 years ago. But he likes saying Diebold because he thinks that 20 year old boogie man still matters.  Next.  

Well, he's right. The world - and technology in general - hasn't moved on much from 20 years ago.

1024px-IMac_G3_Bondi_Blue,_three-quarter

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

Yes you can.  

I would pay to see that....  Is that wrong??  

14 minutes ago, mikewof said:

We don't know if it was corrected, we don't know if new vulnerabilities have been introduced. It's a private, Canadian company without public transparency.

You write the word "next" since it's clear that the 2020 election was not hacked.

That you are able to brush all of this off in the guise of political expediency should send make you worry. What kind of voting system do you want your children and grandchildren to inherit?

A closed IP system where you have to use qualifiers like "probably" or "likely"? Or do you want a system with full open-source transparency and full public accountability?

Which has what, if anything to do with Fox’s conspiracy theories? Nothing. Fox’s conspiracy theories had to do with Hugo, China and some other BS. You nutters can’t even get your conspiracies right.  

15 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Well, he's right. The world - and technology in general - hasn't moved on much from 20 years ago.

1024px-IMac_G3_Bondi_Blue,_three-quarter

I have 3 in my closet...  

12 minutes ago, mikewof said:

I am a bit confused, as of 2020, there are only eight states that are not using paper ballot backups in their machines. Texas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Kansas, Indiana, Kentucky  and New Jersey. The other 42 states are ensuring that their voting is protected. The machines we are being shown as hackable, are indeed hackable, just like antique safes are easy to get into. It is interesting that seven of the eight states listed are red states, where vote changing is considered a hobby.

I fail to see where Fox has a leg to stand on.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, mikewof said:

I agree that technical improvements should be made, and also that blockchain technology should be part of that solution.

But are you suggesting that these supposed shortfalls have anything to do with this lawsuit?   The very definitive pattern I have seen of late is numerous claims of fraud and or insecure hackable voting systems made in public.  But once in court, these claims either fail miserably or are not presented at all.

I would think with over a billion dollars on the line, that Fox would be in a great position to make a solid case, assuming the claims being made in public are not total horseshit. 

• Like 3

In the places where voting machines were used the lying narcissist  beat the old guy by huge numbers. In fact, statistical Snakysis of the machine votes vs exit polls indicated there might have been  hanky panky with machine vote counting.

Meanwhile, the ballots tabulated by hand from paper ballots overwhelmingly favored Biden. 

if anyone should have been questioning the voting machines, it should have been the Democrats.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I agree that technical improvements should be made, and also that blockchain technology should be part of that solution.

But are you suggesting that these supposed shortfalls have anything to do with this lawsuit?   The very definitive pattern I have seen of late is numerous claims of fraud and or insecure hackable voting systems made in public.  But once in court, these claims either fail miserably or are not presented at all.

I would think with over a billion dollars on the line, that Fox would be in a great position to make a solid case, assuming the claims being made in public are not total horseshit. 

That's the rub.  The thing about being in court is that judges tend not to be led astray by bullshit distractions.  They pretty much stay focused on the matter in front of them. What might work well for a bullshitter in public, or on an internet forum, is exponentially more difficult to pull off in court. They can try, but the judge will shut it down faster than they can make their miniature cannon pop. That's a big part of why bullshitters have such a tough time there. 

2 hours ago, benwynn said:

Yes you can.  

2 hours ago, Grrr... said:

I'm trying to figure out how the mechanics of that work.  I mean it would take some serious effort. 

Consider a garbage disposal wired up, but not yet installed into the sink.

I've obliviously thought this through.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Consider a garbage disposal wired up, but not yet installed into the sink.

I've obliviously thought this through.

Maybe not well enough.  Assuming the chopping bits are below the outlet, most of us would just feel a cool breeze.

Waste-King-L-8000-Dimensions.jpeg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Maybe not well enough.  Assuming the chopping bits are below the outlet, most of us would just feel a cool breeze.

Very few of us have that range.

16 minutes ago, Mike G said:
20 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Expand  

Very few of us have that range.

Yep.  It may be short.  But, at least it's thin.

57 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

58 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

There is no dimension to the blades.  Besides, I would think you could stick your dick into the drain fitting.  But now that I think about it, you are only going to make the corner if you are flaccid, and then you would not have the length.

This is turning out to be a pain in the ass.

Only on SA would one find a discussion on how to/whether one can stick one's dick in a garbage disposal, whether flaccid or not.

I love this place!

(BTW: Aren't the blades at the level of the outlet drain, around 7.25" from the top? Below that is the motor.)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

I'm more of an experimentalist.  Warning to others, the above dimensions are not correct for the InSinkerator Badger 5xp...forever to be referred to as the Electric Mohel.  

• Like 1

give the guy a raise who named it the 'Badger'.

and throw Fux Newz of a tall building.

The thought of them owning Fox I find refreshing - think of the possibilities - FOX - the Dominion of all the news you need to know. FOX no longer counts on you.  etc.

We're bound to hear the "nobody smart can be expected to take us seriously" defense.

They could parade up half of their target audience in court and it might be believed.

56 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

Only on SA would one find a discussion on how to/whether one can stick one's dick in a garbage disposal, whether flaccid or not.

I love this place!

(BTW: Aren't the blades at the level of the outlet drain, around 7.25" from the top? Below that is the motor.)

That's my guess.

3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I am a bit confused, as of 2020, there are only eight states that are not using paper ballot backups in their machines. Texas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Kansas, Indiana, Kentucky  and New Jersey. The other 42 states are ensuring that their voting is protected. The machines we are being shown as hackable, are indeed hackable, just like antique safes are easy to get into. It is interesting that seven of the eight states listed are red states, where vote changing is considered a hobby.

I fail to see where Fox has a leg to stand on.

1. The 2020 vote, as far as any of us can tell, was one of the most secure since the era of the electronic voting machine. Is that "good enough"? Why should we not be able to pull up public voting records and show that our vote was cast as we intended and do a tally if we like?
  2. There should be zero states who don't have a paper backup.
  3. The states with paper backup need an open-source, fully-transparent method for any voter to be able to check and even tally the vote independently. We have the technology to do so. Almost any $600 laptop computer has the processing power to perform a vote tally from public records. If you know a reason why we shouldn't have this, do tell.
  4. Regarding your opinion about Fox ... there is no question that Fox Media has employed a bunch of really scummy rabble-rousers who have thrown shade onto Dominion and Smartmatic to detract from Trump miserable performance in the election and his loss. HOWEVER, you should read the actual complaint in Delaware Link. Fox Media owns Fox News. Fox News is subject to a very high requirement of truth-telling in their news. On the other hand, the pundits that Fox Media hires are not subject to that level of rigor. So to what you wrote above, do you feel that Fox News doesn't have "a leg to stand on" or Fox Media, or both?
1 hour ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

I love this place!

Not only that, but a very deep back bend would be required to get ones nether regions close the drain of a sink.

A wide farmer’s sink flush mounted into a countertop there’s 6-12” between said surface and the top of the device.

I suppose be a shallower slop sink, one half of a divided unit, might be more accessible to the self-injury curious, but still you’d have to work at it.

3 hours ago, benwynn said:

I'm not suggesting that our currently broken voting system has anything to do with the lawsuit. Rather that lefties should use this opportunity of owning the Presidency, the Senate and the House to bring int he changes that you and I suggest regarding voter transparency.

As for Fox, some distinction needs to be made. Have you read the complaint? It's not against Fox Media, it's against Fox News Network, LLC. That means that this lawsuit isn't against the Fox Media pundits and political commentators that fall outside of the Fox News purview, but rather against Fox News itself; the reporters, journalists, editors, programmers, fact checkers, etc..

So for instance, Lou Dobbs was an editorialist, not a journalist. He was fired by Fox News, but he was more accurately part of Fox Media, in the way that the editorials and Op-Eds in the New York Times don't necessarily reflect the quality of the editorial content in the newspaper itself ... personality-driven content has a lot more leeway than news-driven content. And Fox News fired Dobbs and ended his show (one of the highest ranking shows in the format, btw) as a nod to the two lawsuits. SO ... if you can pull of a clip to show where Fox News (not Fox Media and their commentators) fucked up, then we can discuss. I don't watch TV news (let alone Fox News) so I don't have knowledge of what they did or didn't do. But I have looked for some offending clips on YouTube and all I can find are these typical band of pundit scoundrels throwing shade on Smartmatic and Dominion, not the actual Fox News doing that.

1 minute ago, phillysailor said:
1 hour ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

I love this place!

Not only that, but a very deep back bend would be required to get ones nether regions close the drain of a sink.

A wide farmer’s sink flush mounted into a countertop there’s 6-12” between said surface and the top of the device.

I suppose be a shallower slop sink, one half of a divided unit, might be more accessible to the self-injury curious, but still you’d have to work at it.

Ben was thinking we could do it before bolting under the sink.  Pretty sure I don't want to see video and definitely don't want to be there.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Ben was thinking we could do it before bolting under the sink.  Pretty sure I don't want to see video and definitely don't want to be there.

You might have to partially dismantle it to fuck it. Probably easier to just use a blender without the glass part.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:
5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You might have to partially dismantle it to fuck it. Probably easier to just use a blender without the glass part.

I gotta be honest, this is going much farther into "weirdsville" than I anticipated.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

In the places where voting machines were used the lying narcissist  beat the old guy by huge numbers. In fact, statistical Snakysis of the machine votes vs exit polls indicated there might have been  hanky panky with machine vote counting.

Meanwhile, the ballots tabulated by hand from paper ballots overwhelmingly favored Biden. 

if anyone should have been questioning the voting machines, it should have been the Democrats.

This is exactly right.

For all we know, Biden might have won by an even greater margin. The point here is that none of us voters in this thread can download a simple vote blockchain for our county, or state or even nation and check to see that our vote was cast and counted properly and do a tally to check the outcome.

Instead, our vote has been commandeered by a connected cadre or private corporations, closed intellectual property databases and proprietary formats.

We came through in this vote, but we did not necessary come through in 2000 or possibly even 2016. What you wrote up there is correct, and we need to fix what's broken so that we never have to entertain this level of nonsense again. We have the technology to do so, it's silly to ignore it.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:
4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I gotta be honest, this is going much farther into "weirdsville" than I anticipated.

Relax, I can't see the Bobbitt Blender going mainstream anytime soon.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That's the rub.  The thing about being in court is that judges tend not to be led astray by bullshit distractions.  They pretty much stay focused on the matter in front of them. What might work well for a bullshitter in public, or on an internet forum, is exponentially more difficult to pull off in court. They can try, but the judge will shut it down faster than they can make their miniature cannon pop. That's a big part of why bullshitters have such a tough time there. 

And yet again, it seems that you are exposing yourself as the bullshitter.

You linked the article, but not the actual Delaware Court complaint. The lawsuit isn't against Fox Media, it's against their subsidiary, Fox News.

46 minutes ago, mikewof said:

This is exactly right.

For all we know, Biden might have won by an even greater margin. The point here is that none of us voters in this thread can download a simple vote blockchain for our county, or state or even nation and check to see that our vote was cast and counted properly and do a tally to check the outcome.

Instead, our vote has been commandeered by a connected cadre or private corporations, closed intellectual property databases and proprietary formats.

We came through in this vote, but we did not necessary come through in 2000 or possibly even 2016. What you wrote up there is correct, and we need to fix what's broken so that we never have to entertain this level of nonsense again. We have the technology to do so, it's silly to ignore it.

And yet, none of this has anything to do with the Dominion lawsuit against Fox. Nice redirect try, comrade. I wonder if you noticed the actual real theft of votes just perpetuated on the fine people of Georgia?

46 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Relax, I can't see the Bobbitt Blender going mainstream anytime soon.

Cordless?  18V?

47 minutes ago, mikewof said:

And yet again, it seems that you are exposing yourself as the bullshitter.

You linked the article, but not the actual Delaware Court complaint. The lawsuit isn't against Fox Media, it's against their subsidiary, Fox News.

and bullshit spread when the fox-neuz ticker parade was wondering across the screen, yes.  All they're going to have to do is subpeona the producer/bookers (except the guy who died of 'rona, he's gone) and ask them a simple question: We're you instructed to book a continual stream of bullshitters on the Neuz. Yes or no.  Ok, so we know it's yes. Who told you to do that? 

Boom.

He would have much more credibility, or maybe any credibility, if he for once brought up that ESS bought the tech from Diebold originally.  But he has noooooo problem with their machines, since his guy won a lot of those states.  It's all such bullshit.  Whatever tech let's me vote from my phone as safely and easily as checking my bank account balance works for me.  He's just tilting at faux news spinning windmills.  Next.

6 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

two-stroke

I witnessed a rather innocent looking young lady (who was anything but innocent) asking the cashier at an adult store if they had anything by Briggs and Stratton (small engines apparently being something she did NOT know about).  The look on the guy's face was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. 

49 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I witnessed a rather innocent looking young lady (who was anything but innocent) asking the cashier at an adult store if they had anything by Briggs and Stratton (small engines apparently being something she did NOT know about).  The look on the guy's face was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. 

I have a friend who's last female companion (He's now married to a very unpleasant man),whom he swears had a vibrator  that she had to pull start, and it had "Evinrude" on the side....

2 hours ago, mikewof said:

any voter to be able to check and even tally the vote independently.

Oh sure, what could go wrong there?  "See, MY tally says Trump won!  See!  See!"

3 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Speaking of back bend, the Chinese have come up with a new Covid test method.  Instead of a nasal swab it's done anally.  The only issue in using it is, at what angle do you hang your butt out the car window for the test?

49 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Oh sure, what could go wrong there?  "See, MY tally says Trump won!  See!  See!"

The tally is the tally. It's counting votes, not so different from counting eggs, or marbles or bags of sand. If someone thinks it's rocket surgery, they're doing it wrong.

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

and bullshit spread when the fox-neuz ticker parade was wondering across the screen, yes.  All they're going to have to do is subpeona the producer/bookers (except the guy who died of 'rona, he's gone) and ask them a simple question: We're you instructed to book a continual stream of bullshitters on the Neuz. Yes or no.  Ok, so we know it's yes. Who told you to do that? 

Boom.

"Book"? Since when is news "booked"? I believe you're confusing the editorial content with the news. News and editorial have a different standard for defamation. The standard is generally more strict with news. Editorial content has more leeway.

Again, if you could post an example or two of Fox News doing that, we could discuss. But I haven't seen an example, and if you look in the Smartmatic and Dominion complaints, the examples they bring up are from editorial content, not news.

So, will Dominion and Smartmatic win a lawsuit against Fox Media (or Fox News) for editorial content? That's tough. For shitty, lying news? That's much easier. So, do you have an example of shitty, lying news, or just just shitty, lying editorial? One of the problems with television news in general though, is that it's very difficult sometimes to tell the difference between actual news and editorial. Maybe the Dominion lawyers can take that approach, that Fox didn't sufficiently distinguish between the two.

As an aside, in the Dominion complain, Dominion contends that their intention in the voting business was to achieve "transparent and accessible" elections. They have not done that, their process is not open for public review.

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

And yet, none of this has anything to do with the Dominion lawsuit against Fox. Nice redirect try, comrade. I wonder if you noticed the actual real theft of votes just perpetuated on the fine people of Georgia?

It does.

Dominion and Smartmatic and others control and protect intellectual property that decides the outcomes of our elections. We can't see what is happening under the surface of their algorithms, their processes, or their security. All we see is that votes go in, and results come out.

You and Sol have apparently confused the outcome of this most recent election with the general integrity (or lack of integrity) of the process. If a mugger steals your wallet twice and then on the third time, tips his hat and wishes you a good day, that neither means that he is out of the mugging business, nor that he won't later steal your wallet a third time.

As for vote theft, perhaps you haven't noticed that you're preaching to the choir?

24 minutes ago, mikewof said:

"Book"? Since when is news "booked"? I believe you're confusing the editorial content with the news. News and editorial have a different standard for defamation. The standard is generally more strict with news. Editorial content has more leeway.

Again, if you could post an example or two of Fox News doing that, we could discuss. But I haven't seen an example, and if you look in the Smartmatic and Dominion complaints, the examples they bring up are from editorial content, not news.

So, will Dominion and Smartmatic win a lawsuit against Fox Media (or Fox News) for editorial content? That's tough. For shitty, lying news? That's much easier. So, do you have an example of shitty, lying news, or just just shitty, lying editorial? One of the problems with television news in general though, is that it's very difficult sometimes to tell the difference between actual news and editorial. Maybe the Dominion lawyers can take that approach, that Fox didn't sufficiently distinguish between the two.

As an aside, in the Dominion complain, Dominion contends that their intention in the voting business was to achieve "transparent and accessible" elections. They have not done that, their process is not open for public review.

Dumbass, quit playing games. When it says Fox News on the scroll, and they've booked guest after guest allegedly defaming a company, who do YOU think is responsible?

I've no idea if they will be successful in their bid to hold Faux to account. I hope they are.

20 minutes ago, mikewof said:

It does.

Dominion and Smartmatic and others control and protect intellectual property that decides the outcomes of our elections. We can't see what is happening under the surface of their algorithms, their processes, or their security. All we see is that votes go in, and results come out.

You and Sol have apparently confused the outcome of this most recent election with the general integrity (or lack of integrity) of the process. If a mugger steals your wallet twice and then on the third time, tips his hat and wishes you a good day, that neither means that he is out of the mugging business, nor that he won't later steal your wallet a third time.

As for vote theft, perhaps you haven't noticed that you're preaching to the choir?

Sorry, the states are responsible for validating elections. They do a pretty good job, have done a pretty good job for a couple hundred years. Did the chad issue cause problems, indeed!  Is that fixed, yes.

I'm sorry if you don't trust Colorado election results. Why don't you call your Rep?

23 minutes ago, mikewof said:

It does.

What about ES&S machines?

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Sorry, the states are responsible for validating elections up till now. They do a pretty good job, have done a pretty good job for a couple hundred years. Did the chad issue cause problems, indeed!  Is that fixed, yes.

I'm sorry if you don't trust Colorado election results. Why don't you call your Rep?

When the elected politicians get to choose who wins the election, things might change in that regard.

11 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Has he really cracked and gone full Q?:P

Edit

Seems he has reading the Quotes:lol:

4 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Speaking of back bend, the Chinese have come up with a new Covid test method.  Instead of a nasal swab it's done anally.  The only issue in using it is, at what angle do you hang your butt out the car window for the test?

Like this.

Video of man mooning his arse on Sydney's northern beaches | Daily Telegraph

4 hours ago, mikewof said:

I believe that Fox News is the name that Fox Media uses to describe itself. If that is the case, then as long as they use 'News' to describe themselves, they should be held to a higher standard. If Fox Media doesn't identify itself with a disclaimer at the top of every show, then I think they have a problem.

8 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Well, someone's gotta test it now that you brought it up.  I can't do it.  I have a septic field.  So I think you're the volunteer.

27 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Well, someone's gotta test it now that you brought it up.  I can't do it.  I have a septic field.  So I think you're the volunteer.

I can mail him the base off an Osterizer if he films it.

FOX News Is Going to Have a Hard Time Overcoming the OVERWHELMING Evidence in the Dominion Lawsuit

Think Thiel v Gawker

FOX News Is Going to Have a Hard Time Overcoming the OVERWHELMING Evidence in the Dominion Lawsuit 
News Corpse 
Community (This content is not subject to review by Daily Kos staff prior to publication.) 
Friday March 26, 2021 · 6:51 PM EDT 

The bill is coming due for Fox News for having recklessly, repeatedly, and maliciously spread flagrant falsehoods to support Donald Trump's Big Lie over election fraud. Dominion Voting Systems has just announced that they are suing Fox for defamation to the tune of $1.6 billion. 

The Associated Press is reporting that Dominion's case argues that "the cable news giant falsely claimed in an effort to boost faltering ratings that the voting company had rigged the 2020 election." The story goes on to note that... 

"The lawsuit is part of a growing body of legal action filed by the voting company and other targets of misleading, false and bizarre claims spread by President Donald Trump and his allies in the aftermath of Trump’s election loss to Joe Biden. Those claims helped spur on rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 in a violent siege that left five people dead, including a police officer. The siege led to Trump’s historic second impeachment."

This lawsuit against Fox News follows on to Dominion's previously announced suits against Trump attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell (who is adopting the Tucker Carlson Defense), as well as Mike Lindell, the infamous MyPillow Guy. And Fox News has also been sued by Smartmatic, a voting software services company that alleges similar defamation in Fox's election reporting. 

Fox News is going to have a hard time defending itself from these lawsuits. There is an abundance of evidence that supports the claims, and most of it consists of video from Fox News itself. Their program hosts and guests relentlessly made baseless charges against Dominion on the air. Media Matters has documented some of the more egregious episodes in detail (with videos and transcripts). Here are some the featured headings: 

Dominion Was Used to Rig the Election for President Joe Biden and the Company Has Done This Before 
Dominion Is of Venezuelan Origin, Created at the Request of Hugo Chavez to Alter Election Results in Furtherance of an International Conspiracy 
Dominion’s Scheme Was Run by a Deputy of George Soros 
Kickbacks Were Paid to State Officials -- Including Those in Georgia - to Utilize Dominion Machines 
Smartmatic Owns Dominion and Its Software Is Embedded in Dominion Machines 
Dominion Machines Are Unreliable and Cannot Be Truly Audited

In addition to this lawsuit, Dominion's lawyers say that they are continuing to explore legal options that could include naming Fox News hosts such as Sean Hannity, Lou Dobbs, Jeanine Pirro, Maria Bartiromo, and more. The list of defendants could even extend to include Trump. Which would only be fair. There must be consequences for knowingly disseminating slanderous lies. And that is what Fox News does every day. This lawsuit should just be the first of many more to come. 

NOTE: Trump tried to peddle his Big Lie about election fraud again on Laura Ingraham's show Thursday night. But Ingraham cut him off. Ya think that had anything to do with this lawsuit? 

more... 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/3/26/2023063/-FOX-News-Is-Going-to-Have-a-Hard-Time-Overcoming-the-OVERWHELMING-Evidence-in-the-Dominion-Lawsuit

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Think Thiel v Gawker

News Corpse 
Community (This content is not subject to review by Daily Kos staff prior to publication.) 

The bill is coming due for Fox News for having recklessly, repeatedly, and maliciously spread flagrant falsehoods to support Donald Trump's Big Lie over election fraud. Dominion Voting Systems has just announced that they are suing Fox for defamation to the tune of $1.6 billion. 

The Associated Press is reporting that Dominion's case argues that "the cable news giant falsely claimed in an effort to boost faltering ratings that the voting company had rigged the 2020 election." The story goes on to note that... 

"The lawsuit is part of a growing body of legal action filed by the voting company and other targets of misleading, false and bizarre claims spread by President Donald Trump and his allies in the aftermath of Trump’s election loss to Joe Biden. Those claims helped spur on rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 in a violent siege that left five people dead, including a police officer. The siege led to Trump’s historic second impeachment."

This lawsuit against Fox News follows on to Dominion's previously announced suits against Trump attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell (who is adopting the Tucker Carlson Defense), as well as Mike Lindell, the infamous MyPillow Guy. And Fox News has also been sued by Smartmatic, a voting software services company that alleges similar defamation in Fox's election reporting. 

Fox News is going to have a hard time defending itself from these lawsuits. There is an abundance of evidence that supports the claims, and most of it consists of video from Fox News itself. Their program hosts and guests relentlessly made baseless charges against Dominion on the air. Media Matters has documented some of the more egregious episodes in detail (with videos and transcripts). Here are some the featured headings: 

Dominion Was Used to Rig the Election for President Joe Biden and the Company Has Done This Before 
Dominion Is of Venezuelan Origin, Created at the Request of Hugo Chavez to Alter Election Results in Furtherance of an International Conspiracy 
Kickbacks Were Paid to State Officials -- Including Those in Georgia - to Utilize Dominion Machines 

In addition to this lawsuit, Dominion's lawyers say that they are continuing to explore legal options that could include naming Fox News hosts such as Sean Hannity, Lou Dobbs, Jeanine Pirro, Maria Bartiromo, and more. The list of defendants could even extend to include Trump. Which would only be fair. There must be consequences for knowingly disseminating slanderous lies. And that is what Fox News does every day. This lawsuit should just be the first of many more to come. 

NOTE: Trump tried to peddle his Big Lie about election fraud again on Laura Ingraham's show Thursday night. But Ingraham cut him off. Ya think that had anything to do with this lawsuit? 

more... 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/3/26/2023063/-FOX-News-Is-Going-to-Have-a-Hard-Time-Overcoming-the-OVERWHELMING-Evidence-in-the-Dominion-Lawsuit

Woofer will be along with some Q bullshit shortly. Cant wait.

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Think Thiel v Gawker

News Corpse 

more... 

Bullshitters fare poorly in court. Q never shows up to testi-lie. Poor bullshitters. It isn’t just unfair, it is SO Unfair. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Sorry.  I've grown rather fond of Mr. Happy.

9 hours ago, Grrr... said:

I'd volunteer, but after the Veg-o-matic incident, I don't think we could get the results sanctioned.  

10 hours ago, Grrr... said:

A properly designed septic should have no problem dealing with raw flesh; plenty of bacteria to deal with such effluent. Bones or fur might cause it problems, but there’s plenty of culture to cancel your meat.

13 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I believe that Fox News is the name that Fox Media uses to describe itself. If that is the case, then as long as they use 'News' to describe themselves, they should be held to a higher standard. If Fox Media doesn't identify itself with a disclaimer at the top of every show, then I think they have a problem.

Fox Media is the whole empire, it includes everything from printed, to Fox Sports, Fox Network cartoons like Family Guy, movies, etc.. Fox News sseemed to see the writing on the wall with Dominion and Smartmatic when they fired Lou Dobbs, he was one of their big earners. If you read both the Dominion and Smartmatic complaints, you'll see that the majority of the complaints are with the editorial staff, like Dobbs and the others.

So, what responsibility does a news organization like Fox have with its editors, pundits and opnionators versus its actual news staff?

The rule of thumb is that they are fully responsible for their news staff, and the editorial staff has a much wider margin for fuck up, to a degree, they are not controlled by the news organization itself. It goes back to a Supreme Court decision about a riot thrity-some years ago, after a high school wrestling match, this newspaper writer wrote an opinion that the coach was responsible for the riot. The coach claimed he was a private figure, and then he sued, it worked its way up to the Supreme Court, the Court decided that the journalist's published account was his opinion, and opinion's have a high barrier of being able to be proved specifically right or wrong, it gave editors and opinionator's a lot more latitude to publish their ideas and be protected by the First Amendment.

It's part of the reason why we tend to see or hear the disclaimer at the front of these opinion shows about the "views presented do not necessarily reflect the opinions" etc..

So again, if you read the complaints, it's mostly about the opinions of these pundits and editors. The Opinion Defense would normally protect them to a large degree. In this case? I guess we'll see. But when I looked through the complaints, I didn't see anything about Fox News reporting. I used to work in that area for Dow Jones, APN, and a few others, they all had legal desks, that had some well-trod processes for handing potentially defaming material, I would be shocked if Fox News didn't have at least a few staff that are dedicated to that job. It's their job to protect the actual News organization from defamation suits before the horses get out of the corral. But they don't have a whole to do with the opinionator's, and nor would they want to, it's the opinionators like Hannity and Dobbs and Limbaugh and Giuliani and the rest who pull the viewers and draw eyes to the ads.

To your point, I don't know the rules anymore with the disclaimers ... they tend to use them before each show on the radio and I hear them, but I don't want TV news, so I have no idea what they're doing on TV anymore, they may just need to mention the separation between news and opinion once per day for all I know, maybe not at all. But if we had some YouTube clips here of the offending Fox News stuff, we could discuss a little better, I haven't seen any of them.

Jack Landau, the newsman from the 1970s who wouldn't divulge his Black Panther connections founded the Reporters' Committee for Freedom of Press, they have a better description of how the opinion defense works here: https://www.rcfp.org/journals/news-media-and-law-summer-2011/opinion-defense-remains-str/

The curious part here -- and potentially dangerous one -- is that lefties see Fox News as the enemy (which is fine) and thus see both Dominion and Smartmatic as their "friend". But that's my point, it can't be less truthful. These private companies are still pulling profits and money through elections like it's 1975, and we really don't need them anymore. And unlike the days of Diebold building ticker tape voting machines into their safes, we're now at this genuinely terrifying phase of voting history where we have no fucking clue what is going on inside of these electronic systems. It's closed, it's proprietary, and it's opposite of transparent. Fox may not be the friend of lefties (except I've noticed that lefties love Family Guy) but that doesn't necessarily create innocence for Dominion, Smartmatic and the rest. We need to move past these companies into open source, transparent elections.

17 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Dumbass, quit playing games. When it says Fox News on the scroll, and they've booked guest after guest allegedly defaming a company, who do YOU think is responsible?

I've no idea if they will be successful in their bid to hold Faux to account. I hope they are.

I see ... so you're suggesting they "book" guests for the opinion sections, but not the news sections?

17 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Sorry, the states are responsible for validating elections. They do a pretty good job, have done a pretty good job for a couple hundred years. Did the chad issue cause problems, indeed!  Is that fixed, yes.

What about the Diebold hacks? Are they "fixed"? Because Dominion purchased Diebold's IP. What about the screen miscalibrations, Fixed?

Do you not know? You wouldn't know, because the process is not transparent, and there is a reason it's "intellectual property" and not "open source." Unlike you it seems, I have a sufficiently reliable memory of votes in 2000 and 2008 and 2016, and I can't conclude that anything other than specific problems are "fixed" while the whole proprietary system is profoundly flawed.

Elections need to be transparent, open and reliable. Even you, in your deficient logic and lack of general intelligence, can't claim that about the system where we rely on front end and back end systems from private companies instead of using open sourced, public systems.

17 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

What about ES&S machines?

What about them? They've had their own share of opacities and problems.

Corporations have a need to protect their intellectual property when they manufacture and market things like snack cakes, cell phones, business software, automobiles, construction equipment, etc.. But the public voting process is profoundly incompatible with this corporate need for privacy and for intellectual property. I'm not sure why you have such a difficult time understanding that. (By the way, I mentioned many weeks ago that Dominion is in Denver.)

The vote for public office deserves a fully open-sourced process, where every person who votes should have a trackable and accountable way of both checking their vote and if they like, of computing the tally. We have the technology to do so now. We can still hire companies like ES&S, Dominion, Smartmatic and Diebold to build the machines that we need to scan the vote cards and put the results into the public blockchain, but we really, really, really do not need private companies controlling the back-end processing of these votes.

Yeah, I get it, you don't seem to really give a shit about the 2020 election since our folks won. Okay. But what about 2000? What about 2016? What about 2024? Are you going to crack-wise when shit is all fucked up again?