Oh My God, Yes. Here Comes Executive Orders on Guns

White House says Biden is prepared to issue executive orders on guns

Source: Yahoo News

In the wake of two mass shootings in the U.S. in a single week, the White House said Friday that President Biden is prepared to issue executive orders to enact gun reform, circumventing the need for a divided Congress to pass legislation. 

White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters at a briefing that she couldn’t offer an “exact time frame” on when those orders would move off Biden’s desk, but said they were “one of the levers that we can use ... to help address the prevalence of gun violence and address community safety around the country.” 

Biden, however, made clear during his Thursday afternoon press conference that infrastructure rather than gun reform would be his next legislative priority, which led to complaints from gun control activists and progressive Democrats. 

Psaki said Biden understands their frustration and suggested that their ire be directed toward those members of Congress who are voting to block gun control legislation.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-says-biden-is-prepared-to-issue-executive-orders-on-guns-180754699.html 

3 minutes ago, Zonker said:

What about the black helicopters full of UN soldiers coming to take your guns? That was not mentioned yet for some reason.

Just watch Fox News for coming details

6 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Just watch Fox News for coming details

Black helicopters full of Asians coming to take your guns and your virgins! No country has ever seen anything like this! Send cash, stat!

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Black helicopters full of Asians coming to take your guns and your virgins! No country has ever seen anything like this! Send cash, stat!

Poor Donnie didn't figure they would start a Civil War before he got back. Too bad for him.

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Poor Donnie didn't figure they would start a Civil War before he got back. Too bad for him.

I know that's tongue in cheek however if push did come to shove I suspect the gun nutz may get a rude shock .

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

His one chance to lead from the front.......he’ll be right there.......

1 minute ago, Mid said:

I know that's tongue in cheek however if push did come to shove I suspect the gun nutz may get a rude shock .

That's been the big question all along. What would gun nutz do if backed to a wall? My guess is it would be just like the Capitol Insurrection. Badly planned, poorly executed and overwhelmed. Destined to failure from the get go.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Navig8tor said:

Ha Ha, Once a draft dodger, always a draft dodger. He would throw you in front of a bullet and let you die before he would show any bravery or leadership.

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Ha Ha, Once a draft dodger, always a draft dodger. He would throw you in front of a bullet and let you die before he would show any bravery or leadership.

Exactly what he did Jan 6th ....but he's still their guy........"march on the Capitol  I'll be right along....."

• Like 1

Well, well, well,

Many countries from around the world may be able to finally breathe a sigh of relief, as their citizens may soon be able to safety be in one of the most dangerous countries in the world, while potentially not having to worry about being shot to death while simply, driving, buying groceries, going to school or work or their local religious institute, or even at a live music concert.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Keith said:

Well, well, well,

Many countries from around the world may be able to finally breathe a sigh of relief, as their citizens may soon be able to safety be in one of the most dangerous countries in the world, while potentially not having to worry about being shot to death while simply, driving, buying groceries, going to school or work or their local religious institute, or even at a live music concert.

Don't believe all the good news. The Republicans still have the Supreme Court in their pockets. Expect Congress to enlarge the court if there is any resistance. There will be tons of negotiation before anything gets done.

This is a you're coming to the table whether you want to or not demand.

45 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

That's been the big question all along. What would gun nutz do if backed to a wall? My guess is it would be just like the Capitol Insurrection. Badly planned, poorly executed and overwhelmed. Destined to failure from the get go.

Well, I do sometimes wonder about that. The gunz nutz may act out, or maybe not . . 

I'm willing to take the chance. 

Don't want my grandkids to grow up in this sort of a shooting gallery. 

• Downvote 1

I doubt he'll do it.  And, even if he does, I expect it will not be what you may be hoping for.

This is just going to ramp up sales of weapons and ammunition.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, badlatitude said:

In the wake of two mass shootings in the U.S. in a single week, the White House said Friday that President Biden is prepared to issue executive orders to enact gun reform, circumventing the need for a divided Congress to pass legislation. 

White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters at a briefing that she couldn’t offer an “exact time frame” on when those orders would move off Biden’s desk, but said they were “one of the levers that we can use ... to help address the prevalence of gun violence and address community safety around the country.” 

Biden, however, made clear during his Thursday afternoon press conference that infrastructure rather than gun reform would be his next legislative priority, which led to complaints from gun control activists and progressive Democrats. 

Psaki said Biden understands their frustration and suggested that their ire be directed toward those members of Congress who are voting to block gun control legislation.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-says-biden-is-prepared-to-issue-executive-orders-on-guns-180754699.html 

So I guess ruling by executive order is bad..... only sometimes.  

Maybe he will pass an EO that retroactively punishes people who move their assault rifles out of state to avoid that state's gun laws and then sells that assault rifle in a private sale without a background check using the "gunshow loophole".  

1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

Maybe he will pass an EO that retroactively punishes people who move their assault rifles out of state to avoid that state's gun laws and then sells that assault rifle in a private sale without a background check using the "gunshow loophole".  

Never happen. I have too many high friends in places.

9 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I'm curious what you think this "Wall" is?  What EO is capable of making that big of a change that you think would start a civil war?

'wall': time for a new hobby. but it wouldn't go much past a temper tantrum.

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:
7 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Never happen. I have too many high friends in places.

Yeah, right.  But even supposing that is the case, I continue to be stunned by your incredible hypocrisy.  First, you circumvent CA gun laws regarding Assault rifles because you happened to have the mean$ to move it out of state all the while talking a good game about how AWs are bad and no one should have them.  You then sell this assault rifle in a private sale using the very gun $how loophole you constantly bitch about.  And finally, you claim that you will be above the law because you have the right friend$.  This ^^ is literally the Holy Trinity of hypocrisy.  And you of all people bitch constantly about social justice, equity, and fair play.  You sir, are the very FUCKING embodiment of "do as I say, not as I do".  Frankly, it's a bit disgusting to watch.  

1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

Yeah, right.  But even supposing that is the case, I continue to be stunned by your incredible hypocrisy.  First, you circumvent CA gun laws regarding Assault rifles because you happened to have the mean$ to move it out of state all the while talking a good game about how AWs are bad and no one should have them.  You then sell this assault rifle in a private sale using the very gun $how loophole you constantly bitch about.  And finally, you claim that you will be above the law because you have the right friend$.  This ^^ is literally the Holy Trinity of hypocrisy.  And you of all people bitch constantly about social justice, equity, and fair play.  You sir, are the very FUCKING embodiment of "do as I say, not as I do".  Frankly, it's a bit disgusting to watch.  

So, don't watch.

Riddle me this.  A cursory look at the cost of guns/ammo shows gun prices are up around 40% and ammo up 300-400% in the past year.  Why?  I'm guessing in our capitalistic society that demand is pretty fucking high.  Is it that simple?

Just now, Burning Man said:

I'm curious what you think this "Wall" is?  What EO is capable of making that big of a change that you think would start a civil war?

He could issue an Executive Order that requires everyone who has failed a background check be referred to law enforcement. He could issue an EO classifying 'ghost guns' as firearms and require that everyone that has purchased one to go through a background check. He will put a lot of thought into what he proposes and will make sure that any legal attempt to block his EO's is wasted energy.

10 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

LOL, get over it. 

• Like 1

If it were just the USA i wouldn't care but you have traded xx,000,000 guns for cocaine and stuffed up large sections of the world that were great tourist destinations.

So you like cocaine as well, so what, man up as a country, produce it locally, everybody be happy.

10 hours ago, Keith said:

Well, well, well,

Dude - we have a LONG way to go to be the most dangerous country in the world.

image.png.6cb73f1a5defd468f2f577aea1715666.png

WTF is going on though down in the islands? USVI, Saint Vincent, and Saint Kitts are right up there with South Africa :o

* now if you want to say the USA has a high murder rate for a 1st World country, that one is true, but there are plenty of worse places to be. Canada has about 1/3 of our murder rate.

52 minutes ago, Keith said:

Two people were killed and at least eight injured in Virginia Beach shooting incidents

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/27/us/virginia-beach-shootings/index.html

CNN isn't working for me - what is going on here?

Is it this one:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/shot-dead-separate-shootings-virginia-beach/story?id=76719454

12 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Not a fan - executive orders are the stevia of politics. We need real actual laws that will stick.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Not a fan - executive orders are the stevia of politics. We need real actual laws that will stick.

Executive Order 9981

Fun fact. We are 9th in firearms fatalities and have 4.4 times as many as the next highest first world country (Austria). We're 17th in firearms homicide and have 6.2 times as many as the next highest first world country (Canada).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

12 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Here we go again...

66362972.jpg

58 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Executive Order 9981

Fun fact. We are 9th in firearms fatalities and have 4.4 times as many as the next highest first world country (Austria). We're 17th in firearms homicide and have 6.2 times as many as the next highest first world country (Canada).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Not sure about the connection between the two :rolleyes:

I don't want some temporary feel-good "order" that won't survive a court challenge nor a change in administrations. An actual law with teeth is what I want to see.

I just want to make sure that Tom's gunz are grabbed first of all . . 

And as an aside, I would argue that the Reich has forfeited any gunz rights they might ever have had . . 

Armed demonstrations outside health professional's homes, and at public buildings 

are acts of political intimidation - nothing more. 

That should be banned. 

12 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Not sure about the connection between the two :rolleyes:

I don't want some temporary feel-good "order" that won't survive a court challenge nor a change in administrations. An actual law with teeth is what I want to see.

No connection but 9981 wasn't just a feel good order and has stood the test of time. To a certain degree, EOs are what a president makes of them. Congress then would never have passed integration of the armed forces. Never would have happened. Obama could have and should have closed Guantanamo but the constitutional law prof got the better of him.

Laws don't necessarily have teeth either. We had an assault gun ban but it was sunset. Republicans wouldn't even confirm an ATF director.

1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Pretty much impossible when the party of the Reich blocks everything, and is willing to damage the country 

for political gain. 

3 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Riddle me this.  A cursory look at the cost of guns/ammo shows gun prices are up around 40% and ammo up 300-400% in the past year.  Why?  I'm guessing in our capitalistic society that demand is pretty fucking high.  Is it that simple?

Yep.  However the reason for that huge demand is multi-faceted and complex.  Gun control efforts are going to be even more difficult now that blacks have become the fastest growing gun ownership demographic in the country.  I can see the D's twisting themselves into knots trying to figure out ways to take gunz away from people while trying not to look racist doing it.  I have to admit to enjoying a bit of delicious schadenfreude at the dilemma.  

14 hours ago, Zonker said:

What about the black helicopters full of UN soldiers coming to take your guns? That was not mentioned yet for some reason.

Jade Helm 15 redux?

14 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

14 hours ago, badlatitude said:

10 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

like he did in Vietnam! 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/09/16/fact-check-biden-received-multiple-draft-deferments-vietnam/5809482002/

“Born in November 1942, Biden came of age amid the Vietnam War. But unlike millions of men of his generation, he never served in the military.

Biden received five student draft deferments, first as an undergraduate at the University of Delaware and later as a law student at Syracuse University.

And after a medical exam in April 1968, he received the "1-Y" classification, which meant he could only be drafted in a national emergency.”

lol

35 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Yep.  However the reason for that huge demand is multi-faceted and complex.  Gun control efforts are going to be even more difficult now that blacks have become the fastest growing gun ownership demographic in the country.  I can see the D's twisting themselves into knots trying to figure out ways to take gunz away from people while trying not to look racist doing it.  I have to admit to enjoying a bit of delicious schadenfreude at the dilemma.  

Yes you do. But guns and ammo are decidedly low tech tech and its industry has really no barriers to entry to speak of. Consequently, you are being used like a wet rag by your 'suppliers' and I have to admit to enjoying a bit of delicious schadenfreude at the situation.

Oh looky Seawanker is in for a troll.

And your point is?

The same article also mentions Shitstain had a number of college deferments before being medically excluded for bonespurs.

The point being made is your fuckwit shitstain couldn’t lead his way out of a paper bag.

Did he not encourage the faithful to March on the Capitol?

Instead of leading he went to a junket with the family and followers to watch things unfold, hopefully he gets charged with inciting the rabble that killed a couple of cops.......

17 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Oh looky Seawanker is in for a troll.

And your point is?

The same article also mentions Shitstain had a number of college deferments before being medically excluded for bonespurs.

The point being made is your fuckwit shitstain couldn’t lead his way out of a paper bag.

Did he not encourage the faithful to March on the Capitol?

Instead of leading he went to a junket with the family and followers to watch things unfold, hopefully he gets charged with inciting the rabble that killed a couple of cops.......

Lol

Butthurt much Mr double standards?

No double standard, shitstain has proved time and again he is a snivelling coward, a fraudster. He is a con that only talks the talk.

Buy hey if you want to heed his word and send him money that will go nowhere except his back pocket, that's up to you.

Most people find it ironic that he wants to" Stop the Steal" by fleecing the flock.

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

Yes you do. But guns and ammo are decidedly low tech tech and its industry has really no barriers to entry to speak of. Consequently, you are being used like a wet rag by your 'suppliers' and I have to admit to enjoying a bit of delicious schadenfreude at the situation.

Dude, I've got years worth of ammo stocks and more importantly reloading components bought back when the market was sane.  I haven't bought a box of factory ammo in something like 7 years.  I do feel a bit of sympathy for my fellow shooters who were not so prescient.  I'm also waiting on the inevitable glut of stuff and prices to go back down once manufacturing catches up with demand.  Gun and ammo manufacturers have tried to increase output, but that doesn't happen overnight.  But by then the pandemic will be mostly over, BLM hopefully won't be burning more cities down and all the talk of AWBs will have faded away - therefore the panic buying will eventually die down.  

Ok, I get it now. You're feeling schadenfreude for other people wasting their money on expensive ammo, indirect schadenfreude so to speak. That's like sooo much better. As a liberal BLM + antifa supporter, I feel so indirectly owned.

29 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Dude, I've got years worth of ammo stocks and more importantly reloading components bought back when the market was sane.  I haven't bought a box of factory ammo in something like 7 years.  I do feel a bit of sympathy for my fellow shooters who were not so prescient.  I'm also waiting on the inevitable glut of stuff and prices to go back down once manufacturing catches up with demand.  Gun and ammo manufacturers have tried to increase output, but that doesn't happen overnight.  But by then the pandemic will be mostly over, BLM hopefully won't be burning more cities down and all the talk of AWBs will have faded away - therefore the panic buying will eventually die down.  

I seriously doubt that BLM burned down any cities.  Other than fat white men and their brainless female cock sockets being afraid of black people, there is no influence on gun/ammo sales. This is all trumped up BS by the people who want you to be afraid.

So be afraid. See where that gets you in life. Chances are it'll only get you dead sooner than later.

3 hours ago, Burning Man said:

It should be easy. Nearly all the ammo-sexuals doing mass killings are something other than black. In fact that arab guy could pass as white. Any fool can see white people need to be limited to muzzle loaders, and the 2nd amendment was written with those in mind to begin with.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/09/16/fact-check-biden-received-multiple-draft-deferments-vietnam/5809482002/

“Born in November 1942, Biden came of age amid the Vietnam War. But unlike millions of men of his generation, he never served in the military.

Biden received five student draft deferments, first as an undergraduate at the University of Delaware and later as a law student at Syracuse University.

And after a medical exam in April 1968, he received the "1-Y" classification, which meant he could only be drafted in a national emergency.”

lol

Asthma is a legitimate medical condition, you can't go into battle and ask everyone to hold it while you use your inhaler and wait the 20-30 minutes for it to take effect. The 1Y only moved him to the back of the line. There is a big difference between an asthma attack while in high school or college sports, and military service. In battle it means you endanger everyone around you when you have an attack.

Trump got a 4F rating meaning he could never be drafted. It also brings more doubt to the question of honesty because military doctors didn't reject him. His personal family physician wrote a letter to the draft board. He was active in sport after the classification, and years later he couldn't remember which foot got him out of serving. 

2 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

No double standard, shitstain has proved time and again he is a snivelling coward, a fraudster. He is a con that only talks the talk.

Buy hey if you want to heed his word and send him money that will go nowhere except his back pocket, that's up to you.

Most people find it ironic that he wants to" Stop the Steal" by fleecing the flock.

Lol

You ejits are a special kinda dumb thing that a senile old chap who spent nearly half a century in office without accomplishing much of anything is suddenly going affect change.

Lol x infinity 

36 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Asthma is a legitimate medical condition, you can't go into battle and ask everyone to hold it while you use your inhaler and wait the 20-30 minutes for it to take effect. The 1Y only moved him to the back of the line. There is a big difference between an asthma attack while in high school or college sports, and military service. In battle it means you endanger everyone around you when you have an attack.

Trump got a 4F rating meaning he could never be drafted. It also brings more doubt to the question of honesty because military doctors didn't reject him. His personal family physician wrote a letter to the draft board. He was active in sport after the classification, and years later he couldn't remember which foot got him out of serving. 

Do ya know who didn’t dodge service?

Tulsey, that’s who. And do ya know who got more votes in the primary than the current VP?

”but the system works “

As long as dummies like you have a vote then I fear nothing will ever change 

Yeah, it's about fuking time that all elected government officials, the Hollywooders, the athletes, the hypocritical talking heads and the 'elites' shed themselves of their private (and public) armed security details, the S/S, their CCW's, the various capitol police forces, their own 'scary black guns' and their body guards. Can't fuking wait and I'm very impressed that all these people have finally realized that their vaginas and penii are NOT more special than my family's, friend's and my fellow citizens of this great country. Ya wanna make new rules? Then it goes without saying you should lead by example and live by those same rules yourselves. Remember, Kids....it's all about fuking unity.....right?........:lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Yeah, it's about fuking time that all elected government officials, the Hollywooders, the athletes, the hypocritical talking heads and the 'elites' shed themselves of their private (and public) armed security details, the S/S, their CCW's, the various capitol police forces, their own 'scary black guns' and their body guards. Can't fuking wait and I'm very impressed that all these people have finally realized that their vaginas and penii are NOT more special than my family's, friend's and my fellow citizens of this great country. Ya wanna make new rules? Then it goes without saying you should lead by example and live by those same rules yourselves. Remember, Kids....it's all about fuking unity.....right?........:lol:

It's about time you showed your ugly ass in these forums again, the place hasn't been the same since you left.

44 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The doctor that sign the draft notice for Donnie, had an office in one of Fred Trumps slums , on Hillside ave, in the Queens, A street you don't want down at night, I use to work at a phone Bldg there ( so I know first hand). and the Doctor did it to get a favor from Fred. So the doctor never saw donnie , just another Trump lies

Did a Queens Podiatrist Help Donald Trump Avoid Vietnam? - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Just now, Not for nothing said:

The doctor that sign the draft notice for Donnie, had an office in one of Fred Trumps slums , on Hillside ave, in the Queens, A street you don't want down at night, I use to work at a phone Bldg there ( so I know first hand). and the Doctor did it to get a favor from Fred. So the doctor never saw donnie , just another Trump lies

Did a Queens Podiatrist Help Donald Trump Avoid Vietnam? - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

First class doctor, worthy of Trump's business.

The office where Dr. Larry Braunstein practiced podiatry in Jamaica, Queens. His daughters say he came to Donald J. Trump’s aid with a diagnosis of bone spurs during the Vietnam draft.

14 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I doubt he'll do it.  And, even if he does, I expect it will not be what you may be hoping for.

This is just going to ramp up sales of weapons and ammunition.

Happens. Every. F'ng. Time. And the feely good menstruating gun haters do much more harm to their 'cause' than good.

1). Los Angeles County gun buy-back program last week......445 cheap assed & rusty firearms turned in, in exchange for In & Out coupons (or whatever).

2). Los Angeles County gun purchase background checks and applications last week? I'm going with at least 13,000. Minimum.

Cracks me up every f'ng time.....:D

:D

27 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

It's about time you showed your ugly ass in these forums again, the place hasn't been the same since you left.

Where's the Fuk You middle finger emogie thingy, with the coke straw and the Martini?......:D

• Like 1

Ricky lives on the beach.

Ricky doesn't do masks.

Ricky avoids crowds and indoors anything.

Ricky pays people to go shopping for him.

And Ricky came up with his own C-19 vaccine 13 months ago. And it works so fantastically well that I probably should have partnered up with J & J or Pfizer. But whatever. Like wtf would I do with 3 billion dollars?.......:D

13 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Ricky lives on the beach.

Ricky doesn't do masks.

Ricky avoids crowds and indoors anything.

Ricky pays people to go shopping for him.

And Ricky came up with his own C-19 vaccine 13 months ago. And it works so fantastically well that I probably should have partnered up with J & J or Pfizer. But whatever. Like wtf would I do with 3 billion dollars?.......:D

An anti masker.  

Ricky’s not very bright.

10 hours ago, badlatitude said:

He could issue an Executive Order that requires everyone who has failed a background check be referred to law enforcement. He could issue an EO classifying 'ghost guns' as firearms and require that everyone that has purchased one to go through a background check. He will put a lot of thought into what he proposes and will make sure that any legal attempt to block his EO's is wasted energy.

'Put a lot of thought into what he proposes?' Holy fukoly, the same human Pez Dispenser that told millions upon millions of people on this planet that all you need is a double barreled shot gun to protect yourself.....and that it's perfectly acceptable to shoot blindly thru your front door if you feel threatened....with absolutely zero fuking clue who or what is on the other side? Seriously, this fuking moronic dip shit isn't qualified to run a pair of f'ng panty hose.....let alone a country populated by more than seven people.....:D

There's probably a good reason you went away, Boothe. Try it again, and see if it sticks this time.

41 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

An anti masker.  

Ricky’s not very bright.

Don't need masks where I live, dip shit......

On 3/27/2021 at 3:49 PM, Mark K said:

It should be easy. Nearly all the ammo-sexuals doing mass killings are something other than black. In fact that arab guy could pass as white. Any fool can see white people need to be limited to muzzle loaders, and the 2nd amendment was written with those in mind to begin with.  

Not according to @jocal505.  He thinks blacks are more far immature and more violent than white folks and are more prone to the hypnosis of a gun's power to control them.  It sounds like he is saying that blacks shouldn't own guns.  Which statistically does make some sense, given that the vast majority of gun murders are blacks killing other blacks.  Those white ammo-sexuals you spoke of are a drop in the bucket of the national murder rate numbers.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

Not according to @jocal505.  He thinks blacks are more far immature and more violent than white folks and are more prone to the hypnosis of a gun's power to control them.  It sounds like he is saying that blacks shouldn't own guns.  Which statistically does make some sense, given that the vast majority of gun murders are blacks killing other blacks.  Those white ammo-sexuals you spoke of are a drop in the bucket of the national murder rate numbers.  

I think you need a soundtrack.

This is just a giant case of stupid to make the hardcore lefties happy. It’ll get obliterated by the SC. I COMPLETELY support rethinking the 2nd amendment if done properly. Instead, we’ll just get endless political pandering with guns for everyone!  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Monkey said:

This is just a giant case of stupid to make the hardcore lefties happy. It’ll get obliterated by the SC. I COMPLETELY support rethinking the 2nd amendment if done properly. Instead, we’ll just get endless political pandering with guns for everyone!  

You can lead a horse to a drink, but we're not dealing with that here. Getting a jackass(read gun nuts) takes a bit more ingenuity.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

You can lead a horse to a drink, but we're not dealing with that here. Getting a jackass(read gun nuts) takes a bit more ingenuity.

This is the problem with you die hard lefties. YOU DONT LISTEN. Virtually every gun owner I know, myself included, wants more rules!!!  We hate the nut jobs just like everyone else. To be perfectly honest, I’d happily turn in both guns if the 2nd got repealed. Unfortunately, that would require doing things correctly. The NRA is a a product of your own stupidity. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Monkey said:

This is the problem with you die hard lefties. YOU DONT LISTEN. Virtually every gun owner I know, myself included, wants more rules!!!  We hate the nut jobs just like everyone else. To be perfectly honest, I’d happily turn in both guns if the 2nd got repealed. Unfortunately, that would require doing things correctly. The NRA is a a product of your own stupidity. 

No. Wayne LaPierre is not a liberal plant. We don't give money to the NRA and we don't spend exorbitant amounts for ammo ($0.80 / round for .223) and we don't go into a gun buying frenzy after a mass shooting.

America's gun violence far outstrips other first world nations and competes with the seconds and thirds. Our per capita gun ownership leads the world and doubles second place Falkland Islands. 

These are not liberal things.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

No. Wayne LaPierre is not a liberal plant. We don't give money to the NRA and we don't spend exorbitant amounts for ammo ($0.80 / round for .223) and we don't go into a gun buying frenzy after a mass shooting.

America's gun violence far outstrips other first world nations and competes with the seconds and thirds. Our per capita gun ownership leads the world and doubles second place Falkland Islands. 

These are not liberal things.

Well, then properly get the 2nd repealed. No problem here. Dopey executive orders will just rally the nutters and fund the NRA for years. Be as dumb as you’d like. 

28 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Every gun owner I know want less rules, the 33,000 on the books is exorbitant. The NRA is corrupt and has threatened to primary everyone that doesn't agree with them, they grade Congress on how they vote on gun matters, and make sure the war chests are full at election time. That's not Democratic politics, that's Republican politics at its very worst.

On 3/26/2021 at 11:04 PM, badlatitude said:

https://politics.theonion.com/trump-solemnly-lays-wreath-at-site-where-he-would-have-1832907992

3 hours ago, Monkey said:

Well, then properly get the 2nd repealed. No problem here. Dopey executive orders will just rally the nutters and fund the NRA for years. Be as dumb as you’d like. 

Dude, gun owners are not owning us liberals. You are overpaying firearms companies for your hobby. It is this whole fear thing, their whole fear thing, that drives up prices. And us liberals are not doing the fear thing. Your suppliers are. You are handing them money for the privilege of 'owning' us. It really doesn't work that way.

When I was driving through WY, UT and NV a few weeks back, you would not believe the gun ads on local radio. Damn, you would think antifa was going to invade Wells, NV, pop. 1022. I was just going to drive through on I80. I had no invasion plans whatsoever. Honestly, the food was not that good and girls were not that pretty. 

The only time I think of guns is pretty much here. Infinitely more brain cells are dedicated to fruits and vegetables, tits and ass, toys and work. It's just not my thing and it seems strange that some people would see guns as fundamental, defining. Kinda weird, really.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Every gun owner I know want less rules, the 33,000 on the books is exorbitant. The NRA is corrupt and has threatened to primary everyone that doesn't agree with them, they grade Congress on how they vote on gun matters, and make sure the war chests are full at election time. That's not Democratic politics, that's Republican politics at its very worst.

I'm a gun owner and don't mind the rules.  Frankly, the simple changes Biden has touted are a minimum of what is needed.  Guns are an incidental part of my life, if they disappeared tomorrow, my life would not change.  I enjoy the challenge of shooting at the range with the idea of improving each time (I don't).  And, I consider myself to be very liberal.  

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I'm a gun owner and don't mind the rules.  Frankly, the simple changes Biden has touted are a minimum of what is needed.  Guns are an incidental part of my life, if they disappeared tomorrow, my life would not change.  I enjoy the challenge of shooting at the range with the idea of improving each time (I don't).  And, I consider myself to be very liberal.  

It isn't the quantity of rules as much as the desperate need to refine, and clarify what is already on the books. I wish the hard core right would just come to the table and start the conversation, instead of using the opportunity to tell us why our ideas are useless. Biden's proposal is fair, let's start there instead of the usual reaction.

On 3/26/2021 at 11:15 PM, Keith said:

Well, well, well,

LOL  1 little exe order is not going to do shit...  Itll incite the RW $$$ machine into a frenzy.  Biden is smart to avoid this now, better to quell it until after midterms.  The turtle is playing the long (well long 2 year) game.  He knows If the nutters get riled up they can't loose the south, he just has to time it right.  I am sure he floated something to get Biden to address it.   This was a test shot across the bow.  

On 3/30/2021 at 3:00 PM, Burning Man said:

That's definitely not the problem. It's well documented nobody give a rusty fuck about black people. It's the classroom loads of dead white kids that's the problem. Muskets would give the faster ones a chance, less assault bayonets, of course. 

53 minutes ago, Mark K said:

That's definitely not the problem. It's well documented nobody give a rusty fuck about black people. It's the classroom loads of dead white kids that's the problem. Muskets would give the faster ones a chance, less assault bayonets, of course. 

Ever seen how many lead balls you can get fired in one shot from an 8 bore double-barrelled shotgun?

Of course after that, if it's muzzle-loader, there's plenty of time to run. But those first 2 shots...

I said what I think a few times. Class all self-loading centrefire firearms with a mag capacity greater than 5 rounds the same as fully auto firearms. That takes care of the vast majority of firearms that can cause seriously large numbers of deaths/injuries by a single shooter.

You guys are all absolutely shit-scared of trying for any sort of Constitutional reform whether it be firearms or voting so best of luck getting any lasting changes. Your societal split is now too wide & too deep to ever muster sufficient support to get any Constitutional change passed.

FKT

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Ever seen how many lead balls you can get fired in one shot from an 8 bore double-barrelled shotgun?

Of course after that, if it's muzzle-loader, there's plenty of time to run. But those first 2 shots...

I said what I think a few times. Class all self-loading centrefire firearms with a mag capacity greater than 5 rounds the same as fully auto firearms. That takes care of the vast majority of firearms that can cause seriously large numbers of deaths/injuries by a single shooter.

You guys are all absolutely shit-scared of trying for any sort of Constitutional reform whether it be firearms or voting so best of luck getting any lasting changes. Your societal split is now too wide & too deep to ever muster sufficient support to get any Constitutional change passed.

FKT

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Taxi-Driver-Robert-De-Niro-Clapping-Gif.gif

10 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Why even talk about such pie in the sky fantasies? Just like in Australia and Canada, battlefield .22's are considered weapons of war by the people who write the rules here and there's no indication that's going to change. Have you done anything at all to try to change it in your country?

10 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

, and then Meli gets the pressure cooker ,,

11 hours ago, Shambolic Tom said:

Why even talk about such pie in the sky fantasies? Just like in Australia and Canada, battlefield .22's are considered weapons of war by the people who write the rules here and there's no indication that's going to change. Have you done anything at all to try to change it in your country?

Nope, because I..... DON'T..... CARE.

Was that clear enough for you?

The fact that I recognise and acknowledge the ignorance and stupidity of those making gun laws and the anti-gun idiots here who have NFI at all in no way obligates me to attempt to change anything.

I have quite sufficient numbers and calibres of firearms for my needs and haven't seen any reason to buy an extra one in the last 30 years.

And in case you missed it, I DON'T CARE AT ALL ABOUT YOUR WHINING OVER A 22LR SEMIAUTO RIFLE WITH STUPID AND POINTLESS EXTRA FEATURES.

You only use that whining to deflect from my point about the ease of defining the guns that *should* be heavily restricted, because you don't actually want that or anything similar to happen, and are too gutless to make that explicit. Which is why everyone here treats you with utter contempt on this issue.

Gottit?

FKT

• Like 1
On 4/1/2021 at 6:15 PM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Nope, because I..... DON'T..... CARE.

Was that clear enough for you?

The fact that I recognise and acknowledge the ignorance and stupidity of those making gun laws and the anti-gun idiots here who have NFI at all in no way obligates me to attempt to change anything.

I have quite sufficient numbers and calibres of firearms for my needs and haven't seen any reason to buy an extra one in the last 30 years.

And in case you missed it, I DON'T CARE AT ALL ABOUT YOUR WHINING OVER A 22LR SEMIAUTO RIFLE WITH STUPID AND POINTLESS EXTRA FEATURES.

You only use that whining to deflect from my point about the ease of defining the guns that *should* be heavily restricted, because you don't actually want that or anything similar to happen, and are too gutless to make that explicit. Which is why everyone here treats you with utter contempt on this issue.

Gottit?

FKT

So your position can't even find meaningful support from you? Another reason it's a fantasy that has no chance of becoming law and thus is not worth discussing.

I think battlefield .22's and other weapons