Is the defense lawyer incompetent or does he just have a difficult case? I suspect the latter. But OJ got off so anything is possible.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who knew a 9 minute video of him killing someone would result in him being found guilty of killing someone.

Why not, they had one as President.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Are black people human?

That’s one of them there fancy schmancey rhetorical question isn’t it?
kinda like asking a leftie liberal if they are dumb.

2 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

That’s one of them there fancy schmancey rhetorical question isn’t it?
kinda like asking a leftie liberal if they are dumb.

Or.....'No, I stopped beating my wife after they cancelled Laugh-In.......

20 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Chicago's murder rate isn't that bad.  I doubt it's in the top 10 of the larger cities in the US.  Keep in mind the divisor is a very large number.  If you only consider South Chicago, sure, it's pretty bad.  

Edit:

https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/national/the-30-cities-with-the-highest-murder-rates-in-the-us/collection_0e7dd367-2f62-5822-b849-97f4e9a43e3d.html#7

Chicago's rate is less than West Palm Beach!

When you say “South Chicago” what you really mean is the African American neighborhoods, isn’t it?

1 minute ago, El Mariachi said:

Or.....'No, I stopped beating my wife after they cancelled Laugh-In.......

All I can say is thank fuk for google.

Lol

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Sean said:

Is the defense lawyer incompetent or does he just have a difficult case? I suspect the latter. But OJ got off so anything is possible.

OJ's lawyers were MUCH better than his prosecution.

On 3/29/2021 at 2:10 PM, AJ Oliver said:

If you did not see what happened as stone cold premeditated murder . . 

you more than likely have racial issues. 

Do you think the prosecutor has racial issues?  I ask because Chauvin was not charged with "premeditated" murder.  

4 minutes ago, jzk said:

Do you think the prosecutor has racial issues?  I ask because Chauvin was not charged with "premeditated" murder.  

You’re back!  But your question makes no sense.

Rusty I guess...

1 minute ago, Fakenews said:

You’re back!  But your question makes no sense.

Rusty I guess...

Been sailing the Caribbean.  

How doesn't it make sense?  

The statement was:

"If you did not see what happened as stone cold premeditated murder . . 

you more than likely have racial issues. "

I asked if the prosecutor has racial issues given that Chauvin wasn't charged with "premeditated" murder.

Hmm AJ’s quote didn’t appear when I read your post.

Odd.

But still a poor question.  Many reasons not to charge premeditated murder even if you believe that’s what it is.  Shake that rum out of your system and try harder!

44 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Yeah.  Sure.  Why didn't you mention which of you many expensive playthings to were on?

I walked by a Lepord  Condo Cat 43 the other day.  It’s about 25 feet wide and the boom is at least 10’ above the cockpit.  Truly an atrocious boat, the only way that thing will sail is downwind.   

30 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I walked by a Lepord  Condo Cat 43 the other day.  It’s about 25 feet wide and the boom is at least 10’ above the cockpit.  Truly an atrocious boat, the only way that thing will sail is downwind.   

Do you have a point?  Great party boat!  Ever sailed a multi?

4 hours ago, jzk said:

If the prosecutor, or anyone else, does not see premeditation there . .  

they're wrong. 

That life was snuffed out with premeditated and malicious intent. 

2 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

they're wrong. 

Disagree.  You really think Chauvin woke up that morning thinking today is the day I kill George Floyd?  He was able to manage to have his unit assigned to the fake $20 call?  I agree, the guy has a few screws loose.  The look on his face as he effectively choked the life out of Floyd was very odd.  But pre-meditated, no.  I don't know what the other 3 cops were doing but they are accomplices and should be charged as such.  

7 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

they're wrong. 

You're and idiot AJ though I agree with malicious intent premeditated murder charge would end in acquittal and so only add fuel to the fire. Nope the charges are correct and I believe they get a conviction and this scumbag will be going away for a very long time.

9 hours ago, Burning Man said:

I agree.  The problem is that SJWNJs want to put all of America on trial for what one POS cop did.  What chauvin did does not represent all of America or even all of white America.  It does not "prove" there is systemic racism in every facet of American life.  Which is what the SJWNJs want: is to attempt to use this trial to show that all of America is racist.  All it proves is that chauvin is a POS and possibly that the MPD is a racist po-LEECE department.  

But shitstain opportunists like al sharpton will play the race card until the cities burn some more.  

bullshit, it's the whole police culture on trial here as well as Chauvin. 

As for systematic racism in all facets of American life? Any demographic that's consistently under represented in anything, be it employment, banking, education, housing availability, there's some element of discrimination going on. if the common denominator within that  demographic is age, it's probably ageism, if its sex, it's probably sexism, if it's race or colour, it's something else?

If it quacks like a duck, i'm sure it's simply a moose with bad cough.

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

Disagree.  You really think Chauvin woke up that morning thinking today is the day I kill George Floyd?  He was able to manage to have his unit assigned to the fake $20 call?  I agree, the guy has a few screws loose.  The look on his face as he effectively choked the life out of Floyd was very odd.  But pre-meditated, no.  I don't know what the other 3 cops were doing but they are accomplices and should be charged as such.  

Yeah, the look on his face. Hands in pockets.

Perhaps it was simply having all those mostly black people telling him to stop, having the audacity to tell him what to do.

A little deadly doubling down until Floyd was "accidently"  dead.

I'm surprised the defence haven't used "his authoriteh" as a defence.

(actually, they kind of did in the opening statement)

He pulled a can of mace or something out at one point to threaten the crowd. then put his hands right back in his pockets.

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

I heard a radio show today say that Chauvin and Floyd had worked together as bouncers? in the past.  It could be that Chauvin had it in for Floyd, and just by chance got his opportunity and thought he would get away with it, because he's a cop and Floyd is black.   What confused Chauvin was the crowd trying to stop him.  Speculation, sure, but sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

White cops murdering blacks is just another American tradition, much like mass shootings and politicians banging underage girls. Business as usual. All-white jury will likely let him walk free. Riots will ensue, more blacks will be killed by cops.

More importantly, the stock market is doing well.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Happy said:

White cops murdering blacks is just another American tradition, much like mass shootings and politicians banging underage girls. Business as usual. All-white jury will likely let him walk free. Riots will ensue, more blacks will be killed by cops.

More importantly, the stock market is doing well.

Do a minute's research before you post stupid shit like this.  

I'm looking forward to the other police officers on the scene testifying.  They will throw Chauvin so far under the bus he will come out the other side.  

5 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

they're wrong. 

And they are racist too, right?

8 hours ago, Fakenews said:

I call it my twelve knot shitbox.  

IMG_20210314_163550__01.jpg

Just now, jzk said:

And they are racist too, right?

Just you you racist shill cunt.

shbokjlc.jpeg%25255B10%25255D.jpg?imgmax

9 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Yeah.  Sure.  Why didn't you mention which of you many expensive playthings to were on?

If you are bothered by people going sailing, aren't you on the wrong forum?

Or do you not believe that people on a sailing forum go sailing?

• Downvote 1

That's better, 1500 down is a nice round figure for Jerkz

• Like 1
On 3/29/2021 at 10:39 PM, Raz'r said:

Welcome back!  But Minneapolis ain't Milwaukee. Pretty sure no 3-strikes in Minnie-ville. You know, all those white meth kids, would hate to lock them up forever.

The State of Minnesota's "three strikes" law is codified in M.S. 609.1095, Subd. 2.

It is one of the many reasons the state has an unusually high prison population, even for the USA.

9 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Hmm AJ’s quote didn’t appear when I read your post.

Odd.

But still a poor question.  Many reasons not to charge premeditated murder even if you believe that’s what it is.  Shake that rum out of your system and try harder!

According to AJ, if you don't see this as premeditated murder, you have racial issues.  If it is so obvious that it was premeditated, then he should have been charged as such. 

But, of course, it wasn't.  

On 3/29/2021 at 7:24 PM, Mark K said:

It wouldn't take much to convince me he didn't intend to kill the guy, that he's merely a dumbass.

See this is the heart of the matter and is the reason they added the 3rd degree charge.  To convict for murder two, the prosecution has to prove to the satisfaction of the jury that Chauvin intended to kill.  That is going to be hard to do.

2 minutes ago, 2airishuman said:

See this is the heart of the matter and is the reason they added the 3rd degree charge.  To convict for murder two, the prosecution has to prove to the satisfaction of the jury that Chauvin intended to kill.  That is going to be hard to do.

Not really correct.  One of the charges is second degree unintentional murder.   In fact, none of the charges against him require intent to kill.  

6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

How’s the distraction play going, bullshitters?

You think properly understanding the charges is a "distraction?"

2 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Do a minute's research before you post stupid shit like this.  

I'm looking forward to the other police officers on the scene testifying.  They will throw Chauvin so far under the bus he will come out the other side.  

Depending on which direction said bus would be facing......Chauvin could end up in St. Looey, DeeTroyt, Shitcago or Baltymore......if those police officers testimonies (and arms) are strong enough.....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jzk said:

If you are bothered by people going sailing, aren't you on the wrong forum?

Or do you not believe that people on a sailing forum go sailing?

Not bothered, at all.  I enjoy sailing, myself.  But, this is PA, not SA.  So, your suggestion I am in the wrong forum is, well, wrong.

I just find those who feel the need to regale others with their specific belongings, especially when they do so in a way to brag, are usually full of shit.

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Not bothered, at all.  I enjoy sailing, myself.  But, this is PA, not SA.  So, your suggestion I am in the wrong forum is, well, wrong.

I just find those who feel the need to regale others with their specific belongings, especially when they do so in a way to brag, are usually full of shit.

I just said that I went sailing.  It is not like I put my Halberg Rassy 53 in my signature block.

Further, it is the PA section of Sailing Anarchy.  So, you can assume that there are people here that go sailing.  I went sailing.  I go sailing often.  Get over yourself.  

1 hour ago, jzk said:

I just said that I went sailing.  It is not like I put my Halberg Rassy 53 boat in my signature block.

Further, it is the PA section of Sailing Anarchy.  So, you can assume that there are people here that go sailing.  I went sailing.  I go sailing often.  Get over yourself.  

you had to mention it though :rolleyes:

Is it normal in the American legal system to have a 9 year old take the stand as a witness ?

12 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Yeah, I mentioned an actual example of someone flaunting their wealth, which seems to rub Bus the wrong way.  Well sometimes anyway.  I just said I was sailing.

19 minutes ago, Keith said:

Is it normal in the American legal system to have a 9 year old take the stand as a witness ?

Why not, they had one as President.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The Jokes just write themselves. 

Here's your Kool Aid, dummy. 

167110486_10216247644103500_500254007764

I'm shocked that you'd post such racist fat shaming 

So, is the defense saying that this witness was angry, therefore he can't be a witness?

If I watch someone kill someone else, I have no right to be angry? Or, maybe I do, because I'm white? WTF?  I'm angry, and I've not been able to actually watch the video cause it makes me too angry.

14 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

So, is the defense saying that this witness was angry, therefore he can't be a witness?

If I watch someone kill someone else, I have no right to be angry? Or, maybe I do, because I'm white? WTF?  I'm angry, and I've not been able to actually watch the video cause it makes me too angry.

Are they using that line of questioning on all of the eyewitnesses or just the black ones? 

3 hours ago, jzk said:

Yeah, I mentioned an actual example of someone flaunting their wealth, which seems to rub Bus the wrong way.  Well sometimes anyway.  I just said I was sailing.

You said you were sailing the Caribbean.  We are duly impressed.  Have a cookie.

17 hours ago, jzk said:

Been sailing the Caribbean.  

1 minute ago, Sean said:

It’s not getting any easier to watch. Damn

These types of trials always torture the witnesses.   While he is clearly the most serious, Floyd is not the only victim in this. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

These types of trials always torture the witnesses.   While he is clearly the most serious, Floyd is not the only victim in this. 

Apparently the jury is being traumatized as well. There’s only two spare jurors, hope that’s enough. A retrial would be awful.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Apparently the jury is being traumatized as well. There’s only two spare jurors, hope that’s enough. A retrial would be awful.

It is pathetic that we are even having a trial.

3 minutes ago, jzk said:

No it isn't.  Everybody in this country gets their shot in court.  Besides, the charges are very specifically defined.  The case has to be examined very closely to determine a verdict on each charge.  

Just now, benwynn said:

No it isn't.  Everybody in this country gets their shot in court.  Besides, the charges are very specifically defined.  The case has to be examined very closely to determine a verdict on each charge.  

We agree.

Just now, benwynn said:
6 minutes ago, jzk said:

Expand  

The foundation of our Justice system requires such.  Without it, well, not sure what it'd be like.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

The foundation of our Justice system requires such.  Without it, well, not sure what it'd be like.

Exactly.  

16 minutes ago, jzk said:

11 minutes ago, benwynn said:

No it isn't. 

10 minutes ago, jzk said:

We agree.

Ok.... So I guess this was a backhanded commentary on something Chelsea Handler said.

I don't even know who the fuck that is. 

2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Ok.... So I guess this was a backhanded commentary on something Chelsea Handler said.

I always get my legal information from the interwebs and their talking heads

8 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Yes.  Just pointing out that there are actual clowns out there that think in such a way.

10 minutes ago, benwynn said:

She was necessary as a standin because Oprah failed to tweet anything stupid. The go to move is to quote a stupid and tengentially related tweet from someone who is or appears to be liberal in order to deflect attention away from the actual crime. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jzk said:

Yes.  Just pointing out that there are actual clowns out there that think in such a way.

Well, I'm sure it enlightened somebody.  

Or not. 

11 minutes ago, LenP said:

She was necessary as a standin because Oprah failed to tweet anything stupid. The go to move is to quote a stupid and tengentially related tweet from someone who is or appears to be liberal in order to deflect attention away from the actual crime. 

Got it.  Makes sense now.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, benwynn said:
12 minutes ago, jzk said:

Well, I'm sure it enlightened somebody.  

Or not. 

Are actual clowns the de-facto guides to enlightenment now?

Maybe JZK was scared by a clown as a child, or perhaps he is not sure what a "clown" is?

So many questions...

- DSK

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Maybe JZK was scared by a clown as a child, or perhaps he is not sure what a "clown" is?

So many questions...

- DSK

Tucker Carlson said George Floyd died of a drug overdose. 

Just pointing out that are actual clowns out there that think in such a way

You're all welcome. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, benwynn said:

You're all welcome. 

Tucker Carlson is a pudgy racist fuck-head, not a clown

- DSK

12 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

So many questions...

- DSK

Did I mention that I met Gacy when he was a clown?

17 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Do you have a point?  Great party boat!  Ever sailed a multi?

F31 , F27, F28R,  F25c, Hobie 20 and 16 probably a Pringle or two.  Barges make great party boats too, you could stick a mast on one and call it a call it a sailboat but that would be ludicrous.

1 minute ago, Fakenews said:

F31 , F27, F28R,  F25c, Hobie 20 and 16 probably a Pringle or two.  Barges make great party boats too, you could stick a mast on one and call it a call it a sailboat but that would be ludicrous.

Bull Gator sailed the same types.  Another amazing coincidence!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Bull Gator sailed the same types.  Another amazing coincidence!

You’re an experienced GL sailor.  CYC?  I know a # of FBoats that sailed out of that area back in the day.  Ever sail on one?  Maybe you’re BG?

3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

You’re an experienced GL sailor.  CYC?  I know a # of FBoats that sailed out of that area back in the day.  Ever sail on one?  Maybe you’re BG?

Name the boats and you're saying the owner would know you?  I know most of them and could easily check.  I just find it funny you won't just admit to it and move on.  

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

You're all welcome. 

What does the evidence say he died from?

6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Ah, it's just a cheap shot aimed at BJ Porter, who's been trying to sell his HR53 for the last year now, while staying safe in NZ.

FKT

15 minutes ago, jzk said:

What gives you the impression that the trial is completed and that I was present to hear all of it?

Just now, benwynn said:

What gives you the impression that the trial is completed and that I was present to hear all of it?

What gives you the impression that "evidence" is limited to that which is presented at trial?

19 minutes ago, jzk said:

A knee on the neck. The rest is technical medical mumbo jumbo. 

1 minute ago, Sean said:

A knee on the neck. The rest is technical medical mumbo jumbo. 

Do you have a citation to such evidence?

1 minute ago, jzk said:

What gives you the impression that "evidence" is limited to that which is presented at trial?

I'm sorry.  

I saw a twitter from someone that there is evidence that he died from food poisoning from a bad burrito.  I don't recall the source, but I'll present that as evidence of what he died from.

Will that do, or did you need something more irrelevant?

21 minutes ago, jzk said:

Frankly it hardly matters if he had just ingested a handful of pills, if Chauvins actions were a  contributing factor to his death. especially as they knew he's just ingested something. I think I recall the defence offering information that Floyd swallowed something in an attempt to hide it.

Wow, someone ingests what you suspect are dangerous illegal substances so you stand on his neck face down and sit on his chest for 9 minutes. New improved and approved CPR maybe?

• Like 1
Just now, Shortforbob said:

Frankly it hardly matters if he had just ingested a handful of pills, if Chauvins actions were a  contributing factor to his death. especially as they knew he's just ingested something. I think I recall the defence offering information that Floyd swallowed something in an attempt to hide it.

Wow, someone ingests what you suspect are dangerous illegal substances so you stand on his neck face down and sit on his chest for 9 minutes. New improved and approved CPR maybe?

I bet the prosecutor approaches the causation element much differently than the people on this forum as it is a very important part of the case.  

Just now, jzk said:

I bet the prosecutor approaches the causation element much differently than the people on this forum as it is a very important part of the case.  

Contributing factors to a death in custody? well over here they'll a legal thing. Maybe not in the USA.:rolleyes: