Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

And he takes the Fifth. 

For those who are defending him - What did The Former Guy have to say about people who take the 5th?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who knew a 9 minute video of him killing someone would result in him being found guilty of killing someone.

Posted Images

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

Did any expert witness testify that George Floyd would have died even without the knee on his neck for 9+ minutes?

I still say hung jury. 

Unfortunately, that is a real possibility even with the overwhelming evidence of his guilt. It only takes one person on the jury who believes cops can do no wrong or blacks can do no right to let him walk. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, LenP said:
47 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Did any expert witness testify that George Floyd would have died even without the knee on his neck for 9+ minutes?

I still say hung jury. 

Unfortunately, that is a real possibility even with the overwhelming evidence of his guilt. It only takes one person on the jury who believes cops can do no wrong or blacks can do no right to let him walk. 

Unfortunately I think you're right

No idea on the odds, but it seems pretty likely

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Did any expert witness testify that George Floyd would have died even without the knee on his neck for 9+ minutes?

I still say hung jury. 

That may be the outcome, but I’d give conviction on the second degree manslaughter charge a slightly better than even chance. 
That said, I didn’t watch the last two days of the trial; did the defense score any points?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sean said:

did the defense score any points?

Well, not being a lawyer (thanks be to the deity), 

the defense seems to have had a whole lot of trouble 

coming up with competent expert witnesses. 

Several had to walk back their testimony under cross exam  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sean said:

That may be the outcome, but I’d give conviction on the second degree manslaughter charge a slightly better than even chance. 
That said, I didn’t watch the last two days of the trial; did the defense score any points?

No.  They brought in a retired pathologist who claimed carbon monoxide poisoning could have contributed to Floyd’s death.  He got destroyed on that and other questionable testimony during cross

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

No.  They brought in a retired pathologist who claimed carbon monoxide poisoning could have contributed to Floyd’s death.  He got destroyed on that and other questionable testimony during cross

So basically no defense. Closing arguments should be interesting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sean said:

So basically no defense. Closing arguments should be interesting. 

That won't matter.  We all watched video of the defendant kneeling on a man's neck for over 9 minutes, until the guy on the ground went from pleading to dead. Look at how many people in this thread jump to put the dead guy on trial. How many of them would feel that way if it was their loved one calling for his mama?

All it takes is one piece of shit like that to hang the jury.  I'm betting there is at least one. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

All it takes is one piece of shit like that to hang the jury.  I'm betting there is at least one. 

odds on , look on

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That won't matter.  We all watched video of the defendant kneeling on a man's neck for over 9 minutes, until the guy on the ground went from pleading to dead. Look at how many people in this thread jump to put the dead guy on trial. How many of them would feel that way if it was their loved one calling for his mama?

All it takes is one piece of shit like that to hang the jury.  I'm betting there is at least one. 

I hope you're wrong.  If you're right, fuck the scales of justice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El Mariachi said:

1). Oh trust me, there'll be at least one.

 

2). And then the riots will start and it'll be f'ng hell-on-Earth.....once again.

 

3). I almost wish that I was one of those semi-crazy homeless guys like we have here in Hell-A, with nothing to do but walk down the street talking to myself, carrying a golf club and suddenly coming up behind  Chauvin during this incident.....and thinking 'Hey, this ain't quite right'....and teeing off this fuker's right ear and aiming for the fences. 

 

Seriously? The more I think about this entire fukasco......the more that I want to see all four cops disappear....for at least 5 more election seasons. F'ng asshole.....

If it is a hung jury there should be protests. There shouldn't be riots but there will be. If you tell masses of people that a cop can kneel on their neck long enough to kill them and it will be their fault, they will likely not take that well, particularly after a bunch of rednecks attacked cops and smeared shit on our Capitol and got to go home that night.  Go figure.  I wouldn't take it well. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

Well, not being a lawyer (thanks be to the deity), 

the defense seems to have had a whole lot of trouble 

coming up with competent expert witnesses. 

Several had to walk back their testimony under cross exam  

It would be an interesting fly on the wall experience to have listened in on the defense attorney's calling up experts for hire.  

"Uhm, no.  I'd really rather be a character witness for Matt Gaetz. Thanks for asking."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

fuck the scales of justice.

what scales of justice? you mean the scales of technicalities?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

what scales of justice? you mean the scales of technicalities?

The ones that apparently only exist for us white guys.  As a white guy, I will be embarrassed if this POS is not found guilty.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

The ones that apparently only exist for us white guys.  As a white guy, I will be embarrassed if this POS is not found guilty.  

If he goes free, there are many towns in Florida and Texas who would hire him as chief.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Wall well we'll, if I was a pussified Leftista twat-waffle SJW candy-ass.....I'd be reposting your post on Twitter right now....demanding your immediate execution for being the most racist Phuk-apple in America in the past three minutes......

Do you realize none of us take you seriously, you are a very loud clown.

Put a gun in your mouth and end it.  You clearly are unhappy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

That hurts me about as much as being turned down by Michelle Obama. But nice try.....

She's a lot more popular than you are. Don't put the gun in your mouth, that was wrong.  Sorry.  

Why the angst, each of your posts are acidic or teen-age testosterone driven, grow up!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

She's a lot more popular than you are. Don't put the gun in your mouth, that was wrong.  Sorry.  

Why the angst, each of your posts are acidic or teen-age testosterone driven, grow up!

He’s making up for lost time

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I hope that I'm never that unhappy.

I’m with you. Or that cynical.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Relax, I've got cynical covered.

I used to be a cynic. I’ve morphed into a realist. Otherwise known as YCMTSU

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

That hurts me about as much as being turned down by Michelle Obama. But nice try.....

you don't care that you're this guy, fucko de clown? alrighty then..

5797d417c2d4cb9403878395858e5426.png.bf61bf224f298e1cb3ef66750e0c009f.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking liars.  

Officials have contended that Toledo did have a gun in his hand, and argued in court as recently as this past weekend in the trial of Ruben Roman, a 21-year-old also accused of fleeing from police with Toledo, that Toledo died in an "armed confrontation" with police.

 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Fucking liars.  

Officials have contended that Toledo did have a gun in his hand, and argued in court as recently as this past weekend in the trial of Ruben Roman, a 21-year-old also accused of fleeing from police with Toledo, that Toledo died in an "armed confrontation" with police.

Prosecutor Misspoke In Saying Adam Toledo Had Gun In Hand When He Was Shot Dead By Police, State’s Attorney’s Office Says

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

 

you don't care that you're this guy, fucko de clown? alrighty then..

5797d417c2d4cb9403878395858e5426.png.bf61bf224f298e1cb3ef66750e0c009f.png

More this guy I think.

Bozo The Clown 46-Inch Bop Bag, Costumes - Amazon Canada

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

How about a 13 year old with his hands up?

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/548522-bodycam-footage-of-officer-fatally-shooting-13-year-old-released

 

Wait. Sources say he had an overdue library book so it’s justified. 

JFC, take their guns away from them.  Trigger-happy goons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Boothy is far from an asshole and would be a great guy to have a Pacifico on the beach with.  He seems a little bitter that he's back in Redondo or wherever, but nah, he's solid.

He is a racist gun nut cunt.

He hates furrainers but lives in Mexico.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

How about a 13 year old with his hands up?

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/548522-bodycam-footage-of-officer-fatally-shooting-13-year-old-released

 

Wait. Sources say he had an overdue library book so it’s justified. 

Can anyone tell us why the kid was running away from the police? Why were the police chasing him?

Why is a 13 yo running down the street with a gun should the police be less concerned because he was just a 13 yo with a gun? 

From your link

Quote

The officer, whose name has not been released, is then heard yelling "show me your f---ing hands," and Toledo is seen slowly turning to the officer with both of his hands raised in a clear surrender pose.

Though a gun is not clearly visible in Toledo's hand, the officer yells "drop it" twice before shooting Toledo once in the chest. The young teen then falls to the ground, and a weapon is not visible on the ground as other officers arrive and begin CPR.

 

Perhaps the fake news should investigate incidents properly before reporting this video shows the kid was shot just after he threw a gun the gun is also visible on the ground. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkB4_nIfODo

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

How many of them would feel that way if it was their loved one calling for his mama?

All it takes is one piece of shit like that to hang the jury.  I'm betting there is at least one. 

Floyds girlfriend Courtney Ross said George called her mama it came out in court her phone number was under the name mama in Floyds phone.

Floyds mother died in 2018.

George had 98% oxygen saturation in blood from autopsy so there will be quite a few on the jury saying not guilty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

How about a 13 year old with his hands up?

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/548522-bodycam-footage-of-officer-fatally-shooting-13-year-old-released

 

Wait. Sources say he had an overdue library book so it’s justified. 

Sorry sol.  I've watched every angle.  We're raking a cop over the coals based on what we see of 100 repetitions of a video with slow motion sitting in a chair.

The speed of what happened, the kid struggling in his pocket with his right hand, that cop had reason to be scared.

I can't fault the cop on this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mid said:

wait 4 it

He didn’t do it during rebuttal and he won’t do it at close  I’ve been watching the trial.  The lead prosecutor is sharp, much better than the defense attorney.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grrr... said:

Sorry sol.  I've watched every angle.  We're raking a cop over the coals based on what we see of 100 repetitions of a video with slow motion sitting in a chair.

The speed of what happened, the kid struggling in his pocket with his right hand, that cop had reason to be scared.

I can't fault the cop on this one.

Yup. I was wrong. He had a gun and pitched it. That was a split second decision, not a nine minute murder. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether or not he had a gun should be irrelevant.   Was the cops safety at risk should be the determining factor. Cops don't get to be judge and executioner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mid said:
Quote

“If he even hints that there are test results that the jury has not heard about, it’s going to be a mistrial, plain and simple,” Cahill said.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/testimony-concludes-in-chauvin-trial-with-rebuttal-witness

From your link

Quote

The prosecution and expert witnesses called by the prosecution have argued that Floyd died due to a lack of oxygen, or asphyxia, caused by Chauvin's restraint.

Tobin was able to testify on the oxygen saturation in Floyd’s blood. According to autopsy results, Floyd’s blood contained 98% oxygen saturation,

The 98% oxygen saturation level in Floyds blood from autopsy results debunks the bullshit from the bullshitters the prosecution calls experts claiming asphyxia or lack of oxygen caused death. How can anyone keep a straight face and claim lack of oxygen had anything to do with his death with a 98% oxygen saturation level?

 

Dr Baker who did the autopsy said this he didn't agree with all the other bullshitters called experts from the prosecution perhaps he understood the oxygen saturation levels in blood test.

Quote

Asked if, in his opinion, the positioning of Chauvin's knee would cut off Floyd's oxygen supply, Dr. Baker said, 'In my opinion it would not'

Dr. Baker stated that he did not find the cause of death to be asphyxia or low oxygen levels.

Dr. Baker said that in other circumstances he would consider the levels of fentanyl in Floyd's bloodstream to be 'lethal

The level of fentanyl George had would be either lethal or not lethal there is no way the bullshitters can spin that one.

Chauvin will walk and BLM and their supporters will feel they're justified in burning looting and murdering in response.

If i was a taxpayer in Minnesota i would be outraged they paid $27 million of taxpayers money to settle a case for someone who died from a self inflicted fentanyl overdose.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inshallah said:

Whether or not he had a gun should be irrelevant.   Was the cops safety at risk should be the determining factor. Cops don't get to be judge and executioner.

Oh wow.  We've got a MAJOR candidate for middle management here.  Seriously.

So it isn't whether the cop sees a gun.  Because if it's nerf gun, he was never at risk.  Even though he thought he was.  You want to put them in an impossible position.

 

Upper management at my plant demanded that security not hand out masks because of their cost.  Everyone was provided numerous masks by their area managers.  Yet many would forget them at home, or forget to request additional.  As a result, people who came to work were not allowed in or left and came back late.  Production lines suffered.  And the middle-managers in the production departments came and told us THAT was unacceptable as well, and that those people should be let in.

Fucked either way.  You're a perfect middle manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Oh wow.  We've got a MAJOR candidate for middle management here.  Seriously.

So it isn't whether the cop sees a gun.  Because if it's nerf gun, he was never at risk.  Even though he thought he was.  You want to put them in an impossible position.

 

Upper management at my plant demanded that security not hand out masks because of their cost.  Everyone was provided numerous masks by their area managers.  Yet many would forget them at home, or forget to request additional.  As a result, people who came to work were not allowed in or left and came back late.  Production lines suffered.  And the middle-managers in the production departments came and told us THAT was unacceptable as well, and that those people should be let in.

Fucked either way.  You're a perfect middle manager.

sound like your blaming middle management for hiring forgetful people...

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yup. I was wrong. He had a gun and pitched it. That was a split second decision, not a nine minute murder. 

Maybe the kid had a gun, and maybe not. 

Lots of urban cops carry guns (both fake and real) to plant at the scene. 

And not just in Bal-mere 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/8xvzwp/baltimore-cops-carried-toy-guns-to-plant-on-people-they-shot-trial-reveals-vgtrn

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Watch the . . 

You better up your game Mr. Reich . . 

MBL puts you to shame for real fascist chutzpah.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:
23 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yup. I was wrong. He had a gun and pitched it. That was a split second decision, not a nine minute murder. 

Maybe the kid had a gun, and maybe not. 

Lots of urban cops carry guns (both fake and real) to plant at the scene. 

And not just in Bal-mere 

You're calling Sol a bullshitter? Sure sounds like it....

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Maybe the kid had a gun, and maybe not. 

Lots of urban cops carry guns (both fake and real) to plant at the scene. 

And not just in Bal-mere 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/8xvzwp/baltimore-cops-carried-toy-guns-to-plant-on-people-they-shot-trial-reveals-vgtrn

I thought much the same until I watched more video of the incident at Grrr’s behest. The gun is visible in his hand from one angle. Another angle show him pitching it behind the fence just as he raises his hand and turns. We need to weed out bad cops but not at the expense of all cops being put at risk. This one had less than a second to make a decision. I don’t think he made the wrong one in this case, after watching more angles of the incident. Cops don’t have to wait until they are shot to make the call. 
 

Going forward, I will be interested in other indicia of whether the kid was armed.  Gun powder residue? Fingerprints on the gun?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 7:07 AM, Inshallah said:

Whether or not he had a gun should be irrelevant.   Was the cops safety at risk should be the determining factor. Cops don't get to be judge and executioner.

A Minneapolis memorial to Black people killed in police custodyA Minneapolis memorial to Black people killed in police custodyCredit...Joshua Rashaad McFadden for The New York Times

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Except....'custody'.....implies that they were actually cuffed, detained, in jail or locked in a squad car. So I'll go out on a limb here and guesstimate that 80 prevent of those 'tombstones'....represent people who resisted arrest, tried to flee in a vehicle, assaulted a law enforcement officer, pointed something at an armed cop, ignored simple orders, were higher than a fuking giraffe's ass, reached for something they shouldn't have, tried grabbing an officer's weapon....etc etc etc.

 

So they weren't in police custody....by any stretch of the imagination......

You would have to be naive as Shirley Temple to think that all of those deaths by cop were justified.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I thought much the same until I watched more video of the incident at Grrr’s behest. The gun is visible in his hand from one angle. Another angle show him pitching it behind the fence just as he raises his hand and turns. We need to weed out bad cops but not at the expense of all cops being put at risk. This one had less than a second to make a decision. I don’t think he made the wrong one in this case, after watching more angles of the incident. Cops don’t have to wait until they are shot to make the call. 
 

Going forward, I will be interested in other indicia of whether the kid was armed.  Gun powder residue? Fingerprints on the gun?

What makes it difficult is he told the kid to show his hands, the kid did, and turned with raised above his shoulders empty hands when he was shot. The shot was justifiable in the current ROE doctrine, but IMO the troubles are due to that doctrine, that a cop is justified in shooting when, essentially, startled. 

   They need to take a long look at that. We The People are not real happy with fear-biting police. The odds that a cop will ever fire his weapon outside the range in an entire career is only about 1 or 2%. Much of the public does not have an accurate take on this, as nearly all the coverage of that job is about shootings, it appears the cops are patrolling the streets of Baghdad or Kabul if all you see is the news.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mark K said:

What makes it difficult is he told the kid to show his hands, the kid did, and turned with raised above his shoulders empty hands when he was shot. The shot was justifiable in the current ROE doctrine, but IMO the troubles are due to that doctrine, that a cop is justified in shooting when, essentially, startled. 

   They need to take a long look at that. We The People are not real happy with fear-biting police. The odds that a cop will ever fire his weapon outside the range in an entire career is only about 1 or 2%. Much of the public does not have an accurate take on this, as nearly all the coverage of that job is about shootings, it appears the cops are patrolling the streets of Baghdad or Kabul if all you see is the news.  

Also as I understand it there were two people that the cop was responding to.  One was the 13 yo kid the other an adult is his twenties.  Guess who he chose to pursue....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I thought much the same until I watched more video of the incident at Grrr’s behest.

You may well be correct. 

I watched the vid - so painful - but have not studied it. 

But police planted gunz at crime scenes is a real thing, and almost always employed against dark skinner folks. In addition to Bal-mer, Columbus Ohio cops used to be well known for it. 

Google this and you will get a ton of hits . . "cities where police plant guns at crime scenes" 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

You may well be correct. 

I watched the vid - so painful - but have not studied it. 

But police planted gunz at crime scenes is a real thing, and almost always employed against dark skinner folks. In addition to Bal-mer, Columbus Ohio cops used to be well known for it. 

Google this and you will get a ton of hits . . "cities where police plant guns at crime scenes" 

Oh I have no doubt about that. We’ve all heard those stories. We are living through the sea change brought about by the camera phone and security video age. The same stuff was happening before, we just didn’t see it so the cops got the benefit of the doubt. Remove the video and Chauvin may not even be facing charges. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is something to ponder . . . 

In practice, the way the law works in the US is that if a policeperson thinks that they are somehow threatened, or they even feel threatened, they have a right to shoot to kill - especially if the person on the receiving end of the fusillade is of dark skin. 

That is how it works. 

And then this: Reich Wing state legislatures around the country are changing laws to give average citizens that same right to open up if they perceive a threat. 

What could possibly go wrong ?? 

I'm just waiting for the next mass shooter to offer the defense that, "They were all threatening me." 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

You may well be correct. 

I watched the vid - so painful - but have not studied it. 

But police planted gunz at crime scenes is a real thing, and almost always employed against dark skinner folks. In addition to Bal-mer, Columbus Ohio cops used to be well known for it. 

Google this and you will get a ton of hits . . "cities where police plant guns at crime scenes" 

That cop who shot a (black of course) guy in the back in SC got caught on video doing exactly that except with his Taser.

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 10:48 AM, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

From your link

The 98% oxygen saturation level in Floyds blood from autopsy results debunks the bullshit from the bullshitters the prosecution calls experts claiming asphyxia or lack of oxygen caused death. How can anyone keep a straight face and claim lack of oxygen had anything to do with his death with a 98% oxygen saturation level?

 

Dr Baker who did the autopsy said this he didn't agree with all the other bullshitters called experts from the prosecution perhaps he understood the oxygen saturation levels in blood test.

The level of fentanyl George had would be either lethal or not lethal there is no way the bullshitters can spin that one.

Chauvin will walk and BLM and their supporters will feel they're justified in burning looting and murdering in response.

If i was a taxpayer in Minnesota i would be outraged they paid $27 million of taxpayers money to settle a case for someone who died from a self inflicted fentanyl overdose.

You don’t understand a few basic physiological facts.

ABGs (arterial blood gases) are a blood sample taken from arteries. They cannot be taken at autopsy: such a person is dead, their blood is coagulated and there is zero oxygen left bound to hemoglobin.

Arteries are pulsatile. Cadavers really shouldn’t have a pulse.

A coroner taking an ABG at autopsy is the start of a joke, not evidence to outrage taxpayers.

An ABG with98% saturation is only possible when blood is FLOWING past lungs receiving oxygen and CO2 either not being generated or being effectively washed out with tidal respiration. IE, breathing.

Breathing can be spontaneous or artificial.

The ABG sample you are talking about was taken at the ER where Mr Floyd was brought after being intubated and either while CPR was administered or he had “spontaneous return of circulation”, ie, successful resuscitation.

So, in the ER, Mr Floyd’s body and/or brain could be dead, but effective resuscitation efforts were getting oxygen into blood flowing past his lungs. I don’t know if he had a natural heart rhythm and respirations when this lab was drawn, or CPR and a ventilator.

The point of the sample was only to refute stupid and distracting testimony about carbon monoxide.

If CO is present in the blood, it is very difficult to dislodge from hemoglobin, and a 98% SaO2 rules out the possibility of it contributing to his death.

CO has 240 times the affinity for hemoglobin than does oxygen, and so it will stay affixed to hemoglobin, preventing that molecule from delivering oxygen to the tissues and carrying CO2 back out. Body tissues are starved for oxygen because there is no oxygen in the blood, since it is all bound up with carbon monoxide.

98% hemoglobin saturated with oxygen in the ER means Floyd wasn’t killed by CO poisoning. It is otherwise meaningless and your conjecture about this meaning he wasn’t choked to death is simply you making stuff up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the level of fentanyl, it’s hard to say what constitutes a “lethal level” since humans are different in metabolism, in past medical and pharmaceutical history and given the frequently fentanyl is taken in combination with other drugs, in this case methamphetamine.

Lets just acknowledge that the level in Mr Floyd’s blood (11 micrograms per ml) is higher than required for anesthesia... with the caveat that anesthetic norms aren’t based on people who regularly take opioids.

Frequent users habituate to both the beneficial & dangerous effects of the drugs. Their requirements when they do have surgery can be high enough that anesthesiologists turn to nerve blocks, Tylenol, NSAIDs, ketamine.... multimodal analgesia with much less reliance on opioids which may be ineffective at usual doses.

With that said, I found testimony given on this topic instructive. Dr. Daniel Isenschmid, a toxicologist at NMS Labs in Pennsylvania, presented data at trial from more than 2,300 blood samples in  fentanyl DUI cases from the last year. He showed that while the average fentanyl blood level was close to 9.6 ng/ml, a quarter of people tested had 11 ng/ml or higher. (Important to note: Blood samples were taken from drivers who tested positive for fentanyl and were alive at the time of collection.)  

Finally, the way fentanyl kills is via respiratory depression: the brain stops telling the body to breathe.

Mr Floyd died begging Officer Chauvin for air.

”I can’t breathe.” George Floyd’s dying utterance proves this theory of his death is false.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I thought much the same until I watched more video of the incident at Grrr’s behest. The gun is visible in his hand from one angle. Another angle show him pitching it behind the fence just as he raises his hand and turns. We need to weed out bad cops but not at the expense of all cops being put at risk. This one had less than a second to make a decision. I don’t think he made the wrong one in this case, after watching more angles of the incident. Cops don’t have to wait until they are shot to make the call. 
 

Going forward, I will be interested in other indicia of whether the kid was armed.  Gun powder residue? Fingerprints on the gun?

Yes to the first question, nothing yet about the second one.

Quote

After he was tackled and arrested in the early hours of March 29, Murphy said, Roman dropped a pair of gloves that later tested positive for gunshot residue. Adam’s right hand also tested positive for gunshot residue, Murphy said.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its no wonder why people are dangerous in America.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9483471/Fury-Maxine-Waters-tells-Minnesota-BLM-protesters-weve-got-confrontational.html

"'We gotta stay on the street,' Waters was recorded saying, adding that protesters needed 'to get more confrontational' and they should ignore the curfew in place."

Whats wrong with your leaders???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody sounds jealous of Representative Maxine Waters’ power and prestige. The way she dares to exert her influence over American politics and society really triggers some impotent fools, I suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Somebody sounds jealous of Representative Maxine Waters’ power and prestige. The way she dares to exert her influence over American politics and society really triggers some impotent fools, I suppose.

"'We gotta stay on the street,' Waters was recorded saying, adding that protesters needed 'to get more confrontational' and they should ignore the curfew in place."

I guess you missed this part, because you wanted to.....

Without the rule of law, you have nothing.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Keith said:

"'We gotta stay on the street,' Waters was recorded saying, adding that protesters needed 'to get more confrontational' and they should ignore the curfew in place."

I guess you missed this part, because you wanted to.....

Without the rule of law, you have nothing.

The civil war ended more than 150 years ago and white people are still killing black people with virtual impunity.

Much, much less than in the past but it still goes on at a rate almost unknown in other advanced nations.

When was the last time a cop knelt on a black guys neck for 8 minutes and killed him in Canada?

How long would you be "reasonable" if it was you? Don't you think a century and a half is time enough?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Keith said:
3 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Somebody sounds jealous of Representative Maxine Waters’ power and prestige. The way she dares to exert her influence over American politics and society really triggers some impotent fools, I suppose.

"'We gotta stay on the street,' Waters was recorded saying, adding that protesters needed 'to get more confrontational' and they should ignore the curfew in place."

I guess you missed this part, because you wanted to.....

Without the rule of law, you have nothing.

I'm not going to condone everything Maxine Waters has ever said or done. Pointless, really, since she operates according to her own sense of right and wrong, and civil disobedience has long been a way for marginalized groups to draw attention to important issues.

I believe in the cause for which she is fighting, so I am biased in her favor in this circumstance. I would say to Keith that we don't have the rule of law if police can kneel on our necks for nine minutes, we have tyranny in the form of a police state. Protesting against gross injustice, refusing to accept illegitimate civil authorities is our responsibility as citizens.

I guess you would accept any authoritarian action, including the murder of civilians, as long as it offered the semblance of quiet and orderliness.

But if you actually wish for the "rule of law," then this situation is more complicated than your simplistic approach can accommodate. I reject your childish notions and willingness to submit to evil with a badge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

335 million people in this country.

190 million of them are adults.

How many instances of 'police interactions with the public' occur here every year?

And how many Derek Chauvins do we have?

 

Do the fuking math and you'll quickly see that the odds on getting kneed-2-death by an American law enforcement officer.....are pretty much on par with the number of people who die every year from Coral snake bites.....in f'ng Greenland.

 

Jfc.....

Should we just shrug our shoulders and say "Doesn't happen too often"?

That's what you post sounds like.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

I could go on & on about how most of the riots took place in Democratically run cities, where the rioters were bitching about this & that....in the same cities they live in....run by the same fuk-stik Democrats that have ruined them....but yet they keep voting for said fuk-sticks?

 

The irony of burning down your town because the people you continue to vote for that have ruined it.....is beyond ironic....and borders on hilarity. Seriously.....last year's riots were like a cross between Clockwork Orange and Monty Python.....:lol:

That's a total deflection from the question asked.

Granted events like Chauvin murdering someone on full video are rare, does that mean we should just shrug it off when it happens as atypical?

Or should we prosecute the fuck out of the perpetrator partly to ensure such events STAY atypical?

It's a pretty straightforward question.

FKT

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

I could go on & on about how most of the riots took place in Democratically run cities, where the rioters were bitching about this & that....in the same cities they live in....run by the same fuk-stik Democrats that have ruined them....but yet they keep voting for said fuk-sticks?

 

The irony of burning down your town because the people you continue to vote for that have ruined it.....is beyond ironic....and borders on hilarity. Seriously.....last year's riots were like a cross between Clockwork Orange and Monty Python.....:lol:

You don't want to go there, trust me. NYC was cleaned up by Rudy, who went ape-shit on gun grabbing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

I could go on & on about how most of the riots took place in Democratically run cities, where the rioters were bitching about this & that....in the same cities they live in....run by the same fuk-stik Democrats that have ruined them....but yet they keep voting for said fuk-sticks?

 

The irony of burning down your town because the people you continue to vote for that have ruined it.....is beyond ironic....and borders on hilarity. Seriously.....last year's riots were like a cross between Clockwork Orange and Monty Python.....:lol:

Thanks.  But, that has nothing to do with your post about Chauvin being a rare occurrence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Thanks.  But, that has nothing to do with your post about Chauvin being a rare occurrence.

Mary snatchi has a dog in this fight, hence the venom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, phillysailor said:

I'm not going to condone everything Maxine Waters has ever said or done. Pointless, really, since she operates according to her own sense of right and wrong, and civil disobedience has long been a way for marginalized groups to draw attention to important issues.

I believe in the cause for which she is fighting, so I am biased in her favor in this circumstance. I would say to Keith that we don't have the rule of law if police can kneel on our necks for nine minutes, we have tyranny in the form of a police state. Protesting against gross injustice, refusing to accept illegitimate civil authorities is our responsibility as citizens.

I guess you would accept any authoritarian action, including the murder of civilians, as long as it offered the semblance of quiet and orderliness.

But if you actually wish for the "rule of law," then this situation is more complicated than your simplistic approach can accommodate. I reject your childish notions and willingness to submit to evil with a badge. 

Sorry to see you wholeheartedly endorse the Trumpista's anti rule of law mind set, leading to the American wall-mart style rush at the capital building.

Your seriously poor law enforcement training in America clearly speaks for itself, over and over and over and over again.

Sad really.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Keith said:

Sorry to see you wholeheartedly endorse the Trumpista's anti rule of law mind set, leading to the American wall-mart style rush at the capital building.

Your seriously poor law enforcement training in America clearly speaks for itself, over and over and over and over again.

Sad really.

 

 

 

 

I don't think that it's the training so much as who's doing the training, and who's being trained. You have a bunch of brain damaged Iraq war veterans training a bunch of drug addled Afghanistan war veterans.

Policing used to be done by people from the neighborhood, or at least the town/city, who generally wanted to help. Yes, there were bullies who couldn't get a job in a used car dealership when their HS football career was over, and a few people who just wanted to make those HS bullies pay for the rest of their lives, but by in large, policing was an honorable calling.

 Now it's what people who went to war do when their time is up in the USMC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I don't think that it's the training so much as who's doing the training, and who's being trained. You have a bunch of brain damaged Iraq war veterans training a bunch of drug addled Afghanistan war veterans.

Policing used to be done by people from the neighborhood, or at least the town/city, who generally wanted to help. Yes, there were bullies who couldn't get a job in a used car dealership when their HS football career was over, and a few people who just wanted to make those HS bullies pay for the rest of their lives, but by in large, policing was an honorable calling.

 Now it's what people who went to war do when their time is up in the USMC.

Fair enough, that could be a large part of the problem, and in every single American police encounter the officer must approach it from the point of view that the person they are dealing with regardless of who they are, will be armed with a gun.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Since testimony began on March 29, at least 64 people have died at the hands of law enforcement nationwide, with Black and Latino people representing more than half of the dead. As of Saturday, the average was more than three killings a day."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/17/us/police-shootings-killings.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Did you actually go back and read all those reports and discover WHY 80% of those stupid fuk-sticks GOT perforated?.....

Did you ?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

Hmmmm.....maybe because 'white people' make up like 73% of America's population?.....:lol:

Time to circle the wagons and shoot yer way out because that is already a rapidly declining number....and look at the cities where whites are a minority and you begin to understand why the locals are getting a little testy.

No word on how the Covid will affect those numbers but considering the number of stupid white republicans that prefer not to wear a mask or to get vaccinated -white might be a minority sooner than you think.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/new-census-data-shows-the-nation-is-diversifying-even-faster-than-predicted/

The new data shows that, by 2019, the white population share declined nearly nine more percentage points, to 60.1%. The Latino or Hispanic and Asian American population shares showed the most marked gains, at 18.5% and nearly 6%, respectively. While these groups fluctuated over the past 40 years, either upward (for Latinos or Hispanics and Asian Americans) or downward (for whites), the Black share of the population remained relatively constant.

The declining white population share is pervasive across the nation. Since 2010, the white population share declined in all 50 states (though not Washington, D.C.) (download table A), and in 358 of the nation’s 364 metropolitan areas and 3,012 of its 3,141 counties. Moreover, as of 2019, 27 of the 100 largest metropolitan areas have minority-white populations, including the major metropolises of New York, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and Miami—as well as Dallas, Atlanta, and Orlando, Fla., which reached this status by 2010 (download Table B).

Most noteworthy is the increased diversity in the younger portion of the population. In 2019, for the first time, more than half of the nation’s population under age 16 identified as a racial or ethnic minority. Among this group, Latino or Hispanic and Black residents together comprise nearly 40% of the population. Given the greater projected growth of all nonwhite racial minority groups compared to whites—along with their younger age structure—the racial diversity of the nation that was already forecasted to flow upward from the younger to older age groups looks to be accelerating.

A MODEST BUT UNPRECEDENTED DECLINE IN THE NATION’S WHITE POPULATION

An important finding in the new census data is the decline of the nationwide white population for the third consecutive year. Between 2016 and 2019, the white population declined from 197,845,666 to 197,309,822, in yearly amounts of -97,507, -212,957 and -225,380. This three-year loss of over a half-million whites was enough to counter gains earlier in the decade, in total yielding a loss of white U.S. residents from 2010 to 2019.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Keith said:

Sorry to see you wholeheartedly endorse the Trumpista's anti rule of law mind set, leading to the American wall-mart style rush at the capital building.

Your seriously poor law enforcement training in America clearly speaks for itself, over and over and over and over again.

Sad really.

The difference being that fighting for equality and human rights is a legitimate basis for civil disobedience, while fighting for lies, white supremacy and an authoritarian leader is not.

I’m sorry you don’t understand the moral contrast.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

The difference being that fighting for equality and human rights is a legitimate basis for civil disobedience, while fighting for lies, white supremacy and an authoritarian leader is not.

I’m sorry you don’t understand the moral contrast.

I also don’t see how Representative Waters’ words call for attacking the police with flagstaffs, chemical sprays and worse.

Calling for conflict with racist cops, challenging curfews set by a racist local power structure and other examples of civil disobedience do not infer violence, unless you are willing to mischaracterize her words and intent.

All too often, POC calling for civil disobedience are labeled violent, unhinged and dangerous. It’s why MLK gained such attention from the FBI, and it’s a dog whistle attracting clicks and $ from white supremacy supporters now.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Somebody sounds jealous of Representative Maxine Waters’ power and prestige. The way she dares to exert her influence over American politics and society really triggers some impotent fools, I suppose.

Yeah it is really commendable that she is advocating violence in the streets based on the outcome of a criminal trial with a reasonable doubt standard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
<