4 minutes ago, jzk said:

You didn't answer the questions.  How is she advocating people to be more confrontational if they don't get the verdict they want?  Is she saying to carry bigger signs?  Who would they be "confronting" and how?

Did Trump incite violence on the Capitol?

I am only able to comment on the actual words she used.  You seem to believe you possess an ability to discern a hidden meaning.

Shame that ability is only used when discussing statements made by Democrats.

"Fight Like Hell" > "Get More Confrontational"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who knew a 9 minute video of him killing someone would result in him being found guilty of killing someone.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, jzk said:

Where in any of Trump's statements did he call for violence and insurrection at the Capitol?  What is the "other part?"

The part about the “violent mob”.  You keep not pointing to that language.  I’m beginning to think you’re just bullshiting 

Bonus please point out where I specifically said Trump called for “violence and Insurrection “ at the Capitol.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

I am only able to comment on the actual words she used.  You seem to believe you possess an ability to discern a hidden meaning.

Yes, it seems you lack the ability to understand words in context or even discuss them.

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

The part about the “violent mob”.  You keep not pointing to that language.  I’m beginning to think you’re just bullshiting 

Whom did Maxine want the people to confront and how?

1 minute ago, Fakenews said:

It seems you invent words out of whole cloth.

Really?  Which of the words that I have used did I "invent?"  Do I get credit for the invention?

10 minutes ago, jzk said:

Really?  Which of the words that I have used did I "invent?"  Do I get credit for the invention?

“In the case of a Maxine Waters quote “violent mobs”.  Keep digging.

Edit: I can’t give you credit.  You probably heard it first on Faux news.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, jzk said:

Yes, it seems you lack the ability to understand words in context or even discuss them.

I can do so, quite easily.  Where I struggle is when folks like you use words that were never uttered as a means to attack what someone said.  That's dishonest.

"Violent mobs in the street" is a perfect example of you doing so. 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:
35 minutes ago, jzk said:

You're doing it wrong

"Anything any Democrat says" = terrible horrible very-bad.... raising the deficit, weak on terrorism, inciting riots by those inner-city minorities...

"Anything any Republican says, especially Trump" = bold and wonderful leadership

That's the way JZK  (and the other fascist assholes) analyze these things. The actual words spoken are irrelevant

- DSK

1 hour ago, jzk said:

Whom did Maxine want the people to confront and how?

Are you asking us to now guess her meaning?  If the level of confrontation is zero, then getting more confrontational means more than zero.  I'm not sure where your confusion is.  

11 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

You would kill to have my life, you little moronic fagista.....:lol:

Thank you for providing photo evidence of you being exactly the kind of dirt bag I imagined you being.  The fact you that you have to post pics of your supposed enviable life shows how fragile your ego must be.  Kill to have your life?  Please.  I feel sorry for tiny snowflakes like you.  

33 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Only non-hetero males and teenage girls Tweet these daze......

Yeah, Tweeting became totally gay after they banned your boy Shitstain.

12 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

You would kill to have my life, you little moronic fagista.....:lol:

Your "favorite ex", suggesting more than one.

Alcoholism and broken promises.  Some may strive for that, but I'm not one of them.

2 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

You mean the guy who absolutely fuked with your empty heads for 5 fuking years? Like I've said before....Trump was the best f'ng thing to happen to American politics since the Gals got the right to vote....:rolleyes:

He lost in a landslide.  Feeling a bit out of touch with most everyone else?

6 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

This is the best 10 minute political video ever that showcases just how fuking myopic, bigoted, ignorant and comically out of touch the Leftistas are. Still kills me every time I watch it.....:lol:

So, which one hikes up your blood pressure more, Cankles or Greta?

- DSK

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

You mean the guy who absolutely fuked with your empty heads for 5 fuking years?

Yeah, for sure. Owning the libs made all that corruption and disastrous policies 

so worth it. 

Stay in Mexico. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, El Mariachi said:

Just because YOU didn't like his policies.....doesn't make them 'disastrous'. Not by any stretch of your papered imagination.....:lol:

What were his tax policies? Environment? Foreign affairs & treaties? Immigration? Trade? Infrastructure ?? 

Other than very vague impressions you don't know any of this, do you ?? 

You could prove me wrong, but you won't because you are both uninformed and lazy. 

(And to correct a misapprehension that I may have created above, let me state 

that I am an admirer of Mexico and its people. 

They don't deserve y'all ) 

37 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Yeah, Tweeting became totally gay after they banned your boy Shitstain.

Well, Trump I'm sure still shits his pants several times a day so I'm sure El M still considers that manly and something to copy.  If anyone (besides Trump) ever needed massive doses of Adderall, we've got our own poster child in El M.  

Who else here has posted (several times in the past week) a shirtless photo of themselves on the beach surrounded by a broken down truck and some homeless mutts?  I can only think this is the 'before' picture for a local gym.  Did you ever such great muscle tone on someone with nothing better to do than work out?  8" dick?  Mexico is metric dipshit; check your unit's units.  Very Trump-like, everything about him is better than anything about any of us.  Putz.  

When he was in First Grade, El M came home from school really excited.  His mom asked him why he was so happy.  He confided in her that during afternoon recess, all the boys ducked around the corner of the building and showed each other their pee pees and he had the biggest one.  His mom shook her head in disgust, "well you should, you're 17 yrs old!" 

16 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Just because YOU didn't like his policies.....doesn't make them 'disastrous'. Not by any stretch of your papered imagination.....:lol:

Yeah, the coal miners and the manufacturing workers all made GREAT progress!! And don't forget, Trump kept us safe from North Korea!!

- DSK

24 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yeah, the coal miners and the manufacturing workers all made GREAT progress!! And don't forget, Trump kept us safe from North Korea!!

- DSK

And all those wonderful tariffs, what a boon to the farming community.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

funny thing because "disastrous" is the exact word the former guy used to describe anything that anyone else did.

1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

This is the best 10 minute political video ever that showcases just how fuking myopic, bigoted, ignorant and comically out of touch the Leftistas are. Still kills me every time I watch it...

Anybody else get the impression he avidly watches this sort of thing? I never watch partisan bull crap videos, let alone repeatedly.

Hes going back to the source for more and more hate. Like it’s a drug.

Obviously needs a more constructive hobby to displace mainlining RW hate spew. 

1 hour ago, Gangbusters said:

funny thing because "disastrous" is the exact word the former guy used to describe anything that anyone else did.

Don't forget "draconian and non-binding"...

things that make you go: huh?

- DSK

55 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Oh fuk me, how soon you Leftista twat-waffles forget.....:lol:

FB_IMG_1611236223021.jpg

Forget what?  No one laughed and Kathy Griffin was rebuked immediately and promptly "cancelled".  

2 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

The Former Guy's "policies" were little more than "Find me anything and everything the previous guy did and I'll reverse it with an EO."

Of course, when his predecessor used EOs, that was bad.

5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

The Former Guy's "policies" were little more than "Find me anything and everything the previous guy did and I'll reverse it with an EO."

You forgot "Whatever enriches me and my family".

Just now, Ishmael said:
6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You forgot "Whatever enriches me and my family".

Thank you for the edit.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

You forgot "Whatever enriches me and my family”

Don’t mind me, I’m just here from the hypocrisy police.

I’m just taking notes....

7 hours ago, Swimsailor said:

Are you asking us to now guess her meaning?  If the level of confrontation is zero, then getting more confrontational means more than zero.  I'm not sure where your confusion is.  

Yes, we are discussing what she meant.  What do you think she meant by increasing the level of confrontation.  Do you think the level of confrontation was zero?

If you think she meant peaceful "confrontations, could you give me some examples?  Like what is she asking people to do exactly?

8 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I can do so, quite easily.  Where I struggle is when folks like you use words that were never uttered as a means to attack what someone said.  That's dishonest.

"Violent mobs in the street" is a perfect example of you doing so. 

You used "violent mobs in the street" in quotes.  You were quoting me.  I did not use quotations because it was not an exact quote.  It was just her meaning.

Unless you can explain some other meaning behind getting more confrontational.  

• Downvote 2
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Your "whataboutism" is duly noted.

I agree, it is whataboutery but unless you condemn Nancy and all other politicians for their money grabbing and insider trading and other shenanigans then you shouldn’t bring up the improprieties of those politicians you disagree with, otherwise you are a hypocrite.

So which is you?

11 minutes ago, jzk said:

You used "violent mobs in the street" in quotes.  You were quoting me.  I did not use quotations because it was not an exact quote.  It was just her meaning.

Unless you can explain some other meaning behind getting more confrontational.  

You are so fucking lame.  

15 minutes ago, jzk said:

Yes, we are discussing what she meant.  What do you think she meant by increasing the level of confrontation.  Do you think the level of confrontation was zero?

If you think she meant peaceful "confrontations, could you give me some examples?  Like what is she asking people to do exactly?

IMAGINE if she was advocating for violent mobs. Just IMAGINE!!!

5 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

I agree, it is whataboutery but unless you condemn Nancy and all other politicians for their money grabbing and insider trading and other shenanigans then you shouldn’t bring up the improprieties of those politicians you disagree with, otherwise you are a hypocrite.

So which is you?

I have been quite clear about my disgust at how politicians enrich themselves while in office - without concern for political affiliation.  If you haven't noticed that, I can't help you.

I will go on record, right here, with my objection to Speaker Pelosi and her continued reign in the House.  She has passed her "use by" date (IMHO) and it is time for someone younger to take over.  I said that before she returned to the position she holds, and remain firm in that.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I have been quite clear about my disgust at how politicians enrich themselves while in office - without concern for political affiliation.  If you haven't noticed that, I can't help you.

I will go on record, right here, with my objection to Speaker Pelosi and her continued reign in the House.  She has passed her "use by" date (IMHO) and it is time for someone younger to take over.  I said that before she returned to the position she holds, and remain firm in that.

Agreed

One of the hallmarks of a true leader is training their successor; Mme Pelosi has spoken of this but so far not taken real action. I hope I'm wrong.

IMHO the best thing she could do is encourage/groom several of the younger Reps with national stature & potential, and step down within the year. Not because she's doing a bad job, she has done a great job... but "done" is the operative word here

- DSK

21 hours ago, Mark K said:

In the wake of Trump's 1/6 telling a crowd seriously contemplating a riot to get more confrontational is 3 dimensionally fuked up   The gal is 80, I think the use-by date has passed. She's always seemed a bit nutty but she's been a pretty sharp cookie through most of her career. A lot of people found that out the hard way when they tried to pull the wool on her. 

Don't think that's going to get him a re-trial though. Call it a hunch. 

I don't think it will get him a retrial, but I think it will partly be grounds for the appeal that gets granted.  

28 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I don't think it will get him a retrial, but I think it will partly be grounds for the appeal that gets granted.  

Like your argument on the Articles of Impeachment, I assume the defense will come up with any/all possible reasons for a retrial.  This one is way down on the list of probabilities. The best chance (and still low probability) that I've read has to do with the 3rd degree Murder conviction.  MN does something weird there that most states do not.  Even if that gets tossed, he's still sitting in the cell for the 2nd degree conviction.  

Maryland in-custody deaths to be reviewed after former medical examiner testified in Chauvin trial

"The cause of death opinion, particularly the portion that suggested open-air carbon monoxide exposure as contributory, was baseless, revealed obvious bias, and raised malpractice concerns," read the letter published by The Baltimore Sun, which first reported the review.

The doctors also took issue with the "undetermined" classification, saying it falls outside standard practices and conventions regarding in-custody deaths.

On Friday, representatives for Attorney General Brian Frosh and Gov. Larry Hogan confirmed to NBC News that they agreed to a review.

On 4/22/2021 at 7:29 PM, Burning Man said:

If a mistrial is ruled, wouldn't the state re-try him? 

This case is far too political to ever get a retrial.

Wont happen, and in my opinion shouldn't happen.

Its very clear what and who took this mans life.

4 minutes ago, Keith said:

Its very clear what and who took this mans life.

In case you have not figured it out yet, to the US racist Reich (including here on PA)

that man's life had zero value. 

In fact, it had negative value - they cheered and tried to justify that cold-blooded murder. 

29 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Holy fukoly but you just became the biggest piece of shit on P/A in years. Wfd.....Oh Papered Cunt One......

Hey, don't talk like that, you're still in this.  Keep saying that all of us are dumber than shit if we don't see things your way and you'll be right back in front.  Be more graphic about your sexual conquests.  Oh, that whole thing about all of us envying your life was gold, more of that.  In other words, just be you.   

Don’t look now but there’s a fishy killing of a black man by police in NC.  Multiple cops perforated the victim and they’re holding on to the body cam footage for dear life.  

Naturally he was unarmed and the call for EMS said he was  shot in the back.

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Someone said looking at the video that it “looked like he was comfortable, like he had done it before”. 

More than comfortable: He looked confident, arrogant and even had a hand in his pocket. Chauvin was getting off on it......

3B84FB45-F603-4781-BE8A-CFB71D520C38.jpeg

2 hours ago, Sidecar said:

More than comfortable: He looked confident, arrogant and even had a hand in his pocket. Chauvin was getting off on it......

3B84FB45-F603-4781-BE8A-CFB71D520C38.jpeg

Well, if you're going to fuck yourself there's gotta be some adjusting to do. 

On 4/23/2021 at 12:38 AM, Swimsailor said:

I confront some of you quite frequently and maybe I should be more confrontational . Lock me up.

Confrontational or being more confrontational may not mean what you'd like it to mean.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Seriously? You fuking fuk? You have ANY credible evidence of that?

Read you some @Mohammed Bin Lyin - and there are others. 

Dude, you demand evidence but never provide a lick of it yourself. 

12 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Holy fukoly but you just became the biggest piece of shit on P/A in years. Wfd.....Oh Papered Cunt One......

Snowflake say what?

13 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

In case you have not figured it out yet, to the US racist Reich (including here on PA)

that man's life had zero value. 

In fact, it had negative value - they cheered and tried to justify that cold-blooded murder. 

Its a serious tragedy that in the USA after MLK you all haven't figured it out yet. 

Truly fucking sad.

The USA continues to be a very dangerous country to be in.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Keith said:

Its a serious tragedy that in the USA after MLK you all haven't figured it out yet. 

Truly fucking sad.

The USA continues to be a very dangerous country to be in.

So, when you say USA, you are judging each of us the same?  Are Bob and Doug McKenzie representative of every Canadian male?  

I don't disagree we have our problems.  

13 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

plenty of evidence right here in the early pages of this very thread .

Just now, Cal20sailor said:

So, when you say USA, you are judging each of us the same?  Are Bob and Doug McKenzie representative of every Canadian male?  

I don't disagree we have our problems.  

Your American culture is violent, and racism hasn't changed.

Try looking from the outside in.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Keith said:

Your American culture is violent, and racism hasn't changed.

Try looking from the outside in.

We have areas of extreme violence, and we have large areas where crime and violence are unheard of.  You paint with a very broad brush.  

I wouldn't go as far as to call it a culture, as I feel most of us are appalled and doing what we can to change things for the better.  

Just now, Cal20sailor said:

I feel most of us are appalled

Can not agree , IF the majority were appalled change would follow , they are not and it does not .

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Mid said:

Can not agree , IF the majority were appalled change would follow , they are not and it does not .

fair amount of truth here.

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

We have areas of extreme violence, and we have large areas where crime and violence are unheard of.  You paint with a very broad brush.  

I wouldn't go as far as to call it a culture, as I feel most of us are appalled and doing what we can to change things for the better.  

I would hope so, but I've seen very little change.

You all continue to be a highly armed dangerous population in fear of your fellow humans, and your personal safety.

But that's the American culture.

6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The majority doesn’t control here. 

True enough , you're a Republic and the system of checks and balances is broken .

Will it require a civil war ( krist but that's an oxymoran ) to reset ?

58 minutes ago, Mid said:

True enough , you're a Republic and the system of checks and balances is broken .

Will it require a civil war ( krist but that's an oxymoran ) to reset ?

I hope not but we have a segment of our population that seems to find great pleasure in owning another segment. 

• Like 1

Literally and figuratively.

As for the checks and balances being broken, I don't think they're broken so much as gamed. Like a virus mutating until it figures out a cell's defense mechanisms, conservatism has mutated into a paranoid populism, gaming the checks and balances of the republic. This recalls Franklin's warning, a republic ... if you can keep it.

A classic example of what rational people have to overcome to make any progress at all:

The keynote speaker at a Minnesota county Republican Party’s event last month told members that George Floyd’s murder at the hands of police was “planned since 2016.” On March 27, New Zealand author Trevor Loudon addressed an audience of hundreds of members of the Wabasha County Republican Party at a dinner in a church, the Bemidji Pioneer reports. Loudon promoted conspiracies, claiming more than a hundred Democratic members of Congress deserve to be investigated for espionage for “working with foreign governments and the communist and Islamic movements,” that Floyd’s murder was a longstanding conspiracy, that the coronavirus was released to purposefully kill Donald Trump’s re-election chances, and that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from Donald Trump via rigged voting machines. A GOP state senator, Michael Goggin, attended the event and posed for a photo with Loudon. Wabasha County Republicans called the event “an amazing night” on Facebook and said Loudon did “an amazing job.” Previously, Loudon has said that Barack Obama was born in Kenya and likened him to Hitler and Stalin.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/minnesota-gop-event-featured-conspiracy-theorist-trevor-loudon-who-said-george-floyds-murder-was-planned?ref=home

3 hours ago, Mid said:

True enough , you're a Republic

Wrong, we live in an oligarchy. 

Think about it, if the USA were a republic, we would have in place policies that are overwhelmingly popular such as M4A, $15 min wage, wealth taxes. 

The modern United States has also been described as an oligarchy because economic elites and organized groups representing special interests have substantial independent impacts on U.S. government policy, while average citizens and mass-based interest groups have little or no independent influence.

And here is a quantitative study showing the same result . .

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Keith said:

What makes you think that I have not figured it out ?? 

Just because I state that fact about Mr. Floyd, does not imply that I did not know about racism prior to that . .  

And to be fair, a number of nation-states experience ethnic tensions - some worse than the US. 

Much of Latin America, for example, is violently racist and discriminatory toward indigenous people. 

Canada has, and has had, its own issues. 

3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Just to give 'em a hard time, I posted that on a Kiwi sailing web site. 

5 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

What makes you think that I have not figured it out ?? 

Just because I state that fact about Mr. Floyd, does not imply that I did not know about racism prior to that . .  

And to be fair, a number of nation-states experience ethnic tensions - some worse than the US. 

Much of Latin America, for example, is violently racist and discriminatory toward indigenous people. 

Canada has, and has had, its own issues. 

The first time I ever experienced overt racism was in Saskatchewan, CN. I was on the trans Canada HWY, and stopped at an A&W for lunch. The people in front of me, a family of four, were black. When They got up to the counter to order, the girl taking orders leaned around and asked me what my order was. The father said "Excuse me, but I think we're next in line." The girl ignored him, and asked me again what my order was.

I said that "This family is in front of me, take them first" She said "Fuck it! I ain't servin' no niggers!" And stomped off the line. The next counter person came over, apologized, and took their order. The manager came out and asked who was causing trouble. The counter person took my order, and told me she was sorry, and my meal was on the house.. The manager kept on asking who it was that was causing trouble. I was still standing at the counter, so I told him that it was his counter person who had refused to serve the black family (now seated and eating uncomfortably) that had caused the problem.The manager offered me a free comp meal. Me..... Not the family.

As I walked out (I decided to have my meal to go.) I stopped briefly by the family's table, and apologized. "I'm sorry that happened. and I don't know what else to say..."

The father looked at me and said "It happens everywhere, but thank you for caring."

I was 24 y/o and had never seen anything like that in my life.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

The first time I ever experienced overt racism was in Saskatchewan, CN. I was on the trans Canada HWY, and stopped at an A&W for lunch. The people in front of me, a family of four, were black. When They got up to the counter to order, the girl taking orders leaned around and asked me what my order was. The father said "Excuse me, but I think we're next in line." The girl ignored him, and asked me again what my order was.

I said that "This family is in front of me, take them first" She said "Fuck it! I ain't servin' no niggers!" And stomped off the line. The next counter person came over, apologized, and took their order. The manager came out and asked who was causing trouble. The counter person took my order, and told me she was sorry, and my meal was on the house.. The manager kept on asking who it was that was causing trouble. I was still standing at the counter, so I told him that it was his counter person who had refused to serve the black family (now seated and eating uncomfortably) that had caused the problem.The manager offered me a free comp meal. Me..... Not the family.

As I walked out (I decided to have my meal to go.) I stopped briefly by the family's table, and apologized. "I'm sorry that happened. and I don't know what else to say..."

The father looked at me and said "It happens everywhere, but thank you for caring."

I'm 69 and have never seen anything like that - anywhere.

51 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I'm a year older still and I come from Saskatchewan and I never saw anything approaching that at all. Not denying racism exists there, particularly regarding First Nations, but never anything that overt. 

3 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

I've been traveling most of my life, I've never seen, or heard of anything like that anywhere in Canada, especially in a town in Saskatchewan. 

1 minute ago, Keith said:

I've been traveling most of my life, I've never seen, or heard of anything like that anywhere in Canada, especially in a town in Saskatchewan. 

I taught a student who had been brought up a blatant racist.  His own family was white trailer trash.  He never reformed the entire time I knew him - after a few incidents where his racism was called out by teachers or other students, he just flew under the radar.

There is covert racism toward black, asian and aboriginal people in Canada.  Living here in Surrey-by-the-Sea it does rear its ugly head from time to time.

Growing up in the late 60's, I was a paperboy.  When I went to cash in one day, the teller gave me too much money.  I didn't notice it until I got home.  The one black kid who worked out of my paper shack got the blame for keeping the money.   I gave the money back as soon as I found out what had happened.  I never saw him again.  

10 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

There is covert racism toward black, asian and aboriginal people in Canada. 

The KKK actually traces its origins to Canada, but there, it was known as the Eh-Eh-Eh!

37 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

I taught a student who had been brought up a blatant racist.  His own family was white trailer trash.  He never reformed the entire time I knew him - after a few incidents where his racism was called out by teachers or other students, he just flew under the radar.

There is covert racism toward black, asian and aboriginal people in Canada.  Living here in Surrey-by-the-Sea it does rear its ugly head from time to time.

Growing up in the late 60's, I was a paperboy.  When I went to cash in one day, the teller gave me too much money.  I didn't notice it until I got home.  The one black kid who worked out of my paper shack got the blame for keeping the money.   I gave the money back as soon as I found out what had happened.  I never saw him again.  

Few would be stupid enough to say there is no racism here - there's lots of it but rarely that overt and, as I said, I've never seen anything like that refusal of service.

On the other hand, my wife's cousin was in the Aberdeen Mall in Richmond a few years ago. Counterintuitively it is a Chinese mall - there was an uproar over the lack of English signage there at one time.

Kathleen was at a counter or in a store and was told by the Asian woman to go to another store "where they served white people".

I rode ambos for awhile with another EMT... we were the two token white guys employed by the company.

He often brought a gun with him, saying it was protection against the (insert racist crap here) living in the projects who came out after dark.

Although I pushed back on it, and told him I didn't want anything like that in my vehicle, I didn't strenuously call him on his racism despite simultaneously becoming friends with many of the other employees. I was young, and definitely trying to keep my head down. Ended up learning a lot from that job, though almost none of it was related to medicine. 

I figured out later that I was marked as a narc, and that everyone was on best behavior around me (and resentful). After I was there for a year, and did nights like every other newbie, I gradually got accepted and took better shifts and assignments, got invited to BBQs and bachelor's parties. I think they were astonished I was legit.

What worked there was keep your racist & hateful opinions to you & your partner, and be kind towards everyone else. Everyone I worked with had, at times, negative things to say about every other ethnic group... but even the most intimidating guys, including the other white guy in my ambo, were absolute sweethearts to patients and hospital, nursing home staff, regardless of color. 

I think social media or these times have broken down some of the social guardrails that used to guide social interactions. The truth of our opinions is uglier than we had naively thought it was.

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Don't get around much, do you ? 

Ever been to Halifax ? 

Ethno-centrism is in all of us . .  

but some way more than others, 

and some of us try to ameliorate it, 

and some do not. 

28 minutes ago, Mike in Seattle said:

If Maxine's "Confrontational" comments weren't bad enough ,,, 

, now it gets even worse with a tainted Juror.

BLM activist made way onto Chauvin's jury, giving possible path to appeal (lawenforcementtoday.com)

he was going to go for appeals anyway. It's his right.  NO jury is pure. So what if some guy was part of BLM?

4 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Uhhhhmmmm....I've only experienced the EXACT fuking opposite. Seriously. In the South, on the east coast, Kentucky, The Virginia's, Illinois, Missouri, Mexico, Guatemala, Peru and Costa Rica. A lot....and personally. What you just described? In 64 years on this planet? 

Not. Fuking. Once.....

Correct.

You never noticed it, not once.

If there were some objective way to test this, I'd bet a lot that it's happened more than a dozen times right under your nose. And you you didn't notice it because you think that's the way it's supposed to be. But a black person cutting in line obviously pisses you off.

- DSK

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

he was going to go for appeals anyway. It's his right.  NO jury is pure. So what if some guy was part of BLM?

And he wasn't really "part of BLM", he went to an MLK Jr. Memorial march in DC and apparently wore a BLM T-shirt once.   And he answered the jury voir dire questions honestly.  

So, they ain't got taint.  But the best way they could challenge the jury is by demonstrating that this juror, like others, was an intelligent, open-minded citizen who cared for civil rights.  Clearly not a peer of Chauvin, who is apparently a sociopath and proven to be a murderer.