Youtube served this into my feed... a build-kit 42, designed to fit into shipping containers.

I've no affiliation to these folks, and I'm not the biggest fan of formula-based vloggers who mill out content with clickbait. I haven't seen enough of their stuff to make a judgement but their website clicks for free to this boat: https://www.mjsailing.com/catamaran-build/ It looks pretty cool.

They were also looking at Schionning flat-pack cats, which seems like pretty well-tested technology at this point. The Max cat is apparently moulded and dry-fit aligned/assembled at the factory, then containerized with all the forms and cribbing to reassemble at your site. Align, bond, and glass the seams, then you can do all the rest of the fit-out on your own... and tons of it, there will certainly be.

Interesting design and build process.

There's not a huge amount of info kicking around on these boats... their name/brand is almost optimized NOT to web-search with specificity!

They are laid up in Viet Nam. and you can have one built to spec there, or get a boat-in-a-box.

https://maxcruisemarine.com/max42sc-sailing-catamaran/

Will be interesting to watch. I'm nowhere near in that market, until enough other folks buy them to generate a used market. :p ...and a used home-built catamaran-in-a-container from a relatively unknown yard? What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

It’ll be interesting to watch...and it should give them loads of content for years to come...but I can’t imagine taking a pass on $4/hr skilled labor in favor of doing it yourself. You’re basically admitting that your labor is worth less than that. I guess if you’re a YouTuber then you need content and that IS your job, but...no thanks. I would like to pass by, say hi, and check progress sometime, though. 

• Like 2

Ive followed MJ Sailing for a while - they had a trip to Lofoten i Norway last year I think - in a mono - alu -bec they was up in the Arctic - haha - didnt see much ice there. But interesting to se this building project - they have good vids about cost and why this design before Schionning or Grainger; short - this is CE- marked - save a lot of sanding and finish/paintwork - and also some layout stuff.