I am shopping for new offshore foulies.  I have owned them all over the years.... Slam, Atlantis, Henri Lloyd, Musto, Patagonia, etc.  Will be used in West Coast/Pacific so I don't need "Ocean" grade but probably "Offsore" or a robust "Inshore" grade.  I like Salopettes, not pants with suspenders.  I have been to every web site -  Mauri, TeamOneNewport, Henri Lloyd, Helly Hansen, Zhik, etc.  Musto is gone, Henri Lloyd all on back order, etc.  It appears Covid has put the final nail in many suppliers and makers.  North Sails just rolled out some new gear but it is quite pricey.  Has anyone bought a set yet?

I have looked everywhere and am just not finding that great of a selection.  Any suggestions?  Comments on the North gear?

I've been happy with the mustang gear that I've purchased (Meris jacket and a couple inflatable PFDs). Seems well made and customer service seems good. I've had bad luck with most Zhik products, customer service is horrible, with the exception of their PFDs... I like them for dingy racing. 

https://www.musto.com/ still works for me.

Edit... If in the UK, check out https://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/musto-m-38.html. Used to ship to US with free two day delivery, but now they have a US version https://www.watersportsoutlet.com/musto-m-38.html.

Ordered a LPX smock from them the US one last summer with no issues.

Fisheries is also great. Purchased an MPX jacket from them not so long ago.

42 minutes ago, Varan said:

https://www.musto.com/ still works for me.

Edit... If in the UK, check out https://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/musto-m-38.html. Used to ship to US with free two day delivery, but now they have a US version https://www.watersportsoutlet.com/musto-m-38.html.

Ordered a LPX smock from them the US one last summer with no issues.

Fisheries is also great. Purchased an MPX jacket from them not so long ago.

Correct.  If you look at the site, the only product they have left is Musto BR2, which is non-Gore Tex shit.

6 hours ago, The Profit said:

I am shopping for new offshore foulies.  I have owned them all over the years.... Slam, Atlantis, Henri Lloyd, Musto, Patagonia, etc.  Will be used in West Coast/Pacific so I don't need "Ocean" grade but probably "Offsore" or a robust "Inshore" grade.  I like Salopettes, not pants with suspenders.  I have been to every web site -  Mauri, TeamOneNewport, Henri Lloyd, Helly Hansen, Zhik, etc.  Musto is gone, Henri Lloyd all on back order, etc.  It appears Covid has put the final nail in many suppliers and makers.  North Sails just rolled out some new gear but it is quite pricey.  Has anyone bought a set yet?

I have looked everywhere and am just not finding that great of a selection.  Any suggestions?  Comments on the North gear?

Are you in the PNW?  Last I checked, Trotac in Victoria still had a limited selection in stock of various brands.

7 hours ago, The Profit said:

I've been happy with my HH's Aegir set. Although the race jacket's collar is ridiculously high... glasses will fog up with hood on and collar done.

I have Rooster passage 3-layer, can recommend. Much cheaper than expensive makes. Awailable in all shades of matte black. Seems like at least one shop sells them at that side. 

23 hours ago, The Profit said:

Correct.  If you look at the site, the only product they have left is Musto BR2, which is non-Gore Tex shit.

https://www.watersportsoutlet.com/musto-m-38.html showed limited lpx, mpx, and hpx for great prices, but I didn't check the available size. It really sucks Musto is vanishing. I have always been happy with musto purchases, as expensive as they were.

1121367170_Screenshot_20210330-192309_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.bb860a40a7102db39ae409eb2397c175.jpg101648300_Screenshot_20210330-192220_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.426a5e94e515ea1b0d76fe41262c7344.jpg157541990_Screenshot_20210330-192102_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.789321e5a67f6845c1f6df186b7f858d.jpg

On 3/29/2021 at 6:57 PM, The Profit said:

It's reassuring that we don't need "Ocean" grade out here in the Pacific.

13 hours ago, Varan said:

https://www.watersportsoutlet.com/musto-m-38.html showed limited lpx, mpx, and hpx for great prices, but I didn't check the available size. It really sucks Musto is vanishing. I have always been happy with musto purchases, as expensive as they were.

1121367170_Screenshot_20210330-192309_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.bb860a40a7102db39ae409eb2397c175.jpg101648300_Screenshot_20210330-192220_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.426a5e94e515ea1b0d76fe41262c7344.jpg157541990_Screenshot_20210330-192102_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.789321e5a67f6845c1f6df186b7f858d.jpg

A lot of other companies like Gill have stepped up their game and make comparable products at better prices. Now for this line you have to be able to hit 50 knots: https://sailracing.com/us/men/sailing-clothing/50-kts-race-edition 

On 3/29/2021 at 7:23 PM, JoeBleaux said:

I've been happy with the mustang gear that I've purchased (Meris jacket and a couple inflatable PFDs). Seems well made and customer service seems good. I've had bad luck with most Zhik products, customer service is horrible, with the exception of their PFDs... I like them for dingy racing. 

3 hours ago, starsinker said:

Really like my Mustang Meris Salopettes - they go on sale sometimes, got mine for $400 cdn last year.

I've been very happy with Mustang EP 6.5 gear for about the last year now.

Material is of similar thickness to my previous Henri Lloyd Offshore gear (measured with micrometer) and build quality is at least as good if not better.

Plus it's nice to support a relatively local company for those who live in the PNW.

I am using Zhik and it's by far the best foul weather gear I've ever used.  After coming below in near freezing temperatures and totally wet, I'd do a quick wipe down with a chamois and lay down in my gear for a nap.  15 minutes later my outer layers were almost dry.  Holds no moisture.  I highly recommend it.  

Gul

cheap and ok quality ... (over here...in the Netherlands before brexit.. (don't know how it's now))

my trousers don't last longer than 3 years anyhow... (lots of dragon sailing (practicaly living in those things...))

last thing i bought was a smog for 120 EUR...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 5:55 AM, Upp3 said:

I've been happy with my HH's Aegir set. Although the race jacket's collar is ridiculously high... glasses will fog up with hood on and collar done.

MUSTO MPX smock here---  I'm a huge Musto fanboy but I gotta say the stupid collar on this thing is so doggone tall its just downright ridiculous.  like, if I put it in the "up" position, I think it's higher than the top of my head.    it is really truly just stupid.  ya can't simply push it aside either.  it's everywhere.   

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve had every mfg’s gear and I cannot speak highly enough of Zhik isotek2 kit. 
it’s hands down the best all around gear I’ve ever had- light, dry, breathable and full of ergonomic details. I love it. I switched from musto to Zhik 7 yes ago and they rock. Customer service is second to none.. 

they’re worth a look... 

• Like 1