Idiot sailor of the day...

...And a possible Darwin award winner if the crew acts as many  would fear (yesterday in Vigo):

This is how our harbor looks today... Not very usual.

IMG-20210330-WA0005.jpg.7dffc79698fae3d127000a81543d87b9.jpg

I remember the sailboat sailing into the Maltese falcon in San Francisco, I think he quit sailing after that?

Well, the Sailing Yacht A agent has already filed a request of an investigation, I think that poor idiot is in for fun ride...

I must say, that monster is not as hideous in close distance as it is in pictures, I sailed by her last Friday during a J70 training session and once you see it for a while you kind of get used to it.

Is this going to be one of those cases where the paint is some special candy metallic sparkle paint made from unicorns and cannot be touched up, the whole boat must be repainted, and thus the bill for removing two scratches will be $10,780.500.12 or so :rolleyes:

* riffing on the case someplace like maybe Boston where a 420 hit a docked boat and they claimed 7 figure damages for the reason stated above and some maritime law limited the recovery to the value of the boat that hit them, which was probably a grand :lol:

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, chuso007 said:

I must say, that monster is not as hideous in close distance as it is in pictures, I sailed by her last Friday during a J70 training session and once you see it for a while you kind of get used to it.

Nah - sink it or give out free eye bleach.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Laurent said:

The video in the OP stops just when it is getting interesting!

I want to know if the mast got caught up in that open hatch and snapped!

Ime am thicking 'yes'................                           :)

7 hours ago, chuso007 said:

...And a possible Darwin award winner if the crew acts as many  would fear (yesterday in Vigo):

This is how our harbor looks today... Not very usual.

I said  Starboard !

and don't worry about the paint,  I'll take care of it , call me ....    800-555-1212  

That's where Captain Nemo had all his gold hidden, maybe that's why MY Azzam and SY A are here... Who knows...

The Tall ship was recently built here (Sea Cloud III) and  she's on her sea trials. 

Probably a rental.

One of my favorite scenes in Newport Beach, CA: a guy and a gal in a rental Hunter 18.5 or something like it. The boat is in the middle of the channel, totally in irons, both sails flapping in the light breeze, boat drifting backwards about .5 knot. The bow is pointed in the direction of the rental dock about .5 miles away, directly upwind and my guess is the guy's rental time is about up and he doesn't have enough money to pay for another hour.

The gal is sitting all the way aft, arms folded defiantly across her chest, lips pursed, glaring daggers at the guy.

The guy is standing in the middle of the cockpit, pointing directly into the wind, and yelling to anyone and everyone within earshot: "I just want to go that way! I just want to go that way!"

• Like 3
5 hours ago, chuso007 said:

Hey chuso, I think you need to go to Specsavers!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chuso007 said:

That's where Captain Nemo had all his gold hidden, maybe that's why MY Azzam and SY A are here... Who knows...

The Tall ship was recently built here (Sea Cloud III) and  she's on her sea trials. 

Vigo is also the port where U-96 sneaks into at night to resupply - in the movie Das Boot.

• Like 4
On 3/30/2021 at 5:55 AM, PirateDave said:

Hey Sailboats  have rights over powerboats !!!!!!  NOW GET OUTA  MY WAY OR  I WILL  PUSH YOU ASIDE................

That ain't a powerboat... that's a lee shore.

If you park your shiny bauble where inexperienced sailors like to bob around then it seems like you have only yourself to blame when it gets scratched.

On 3/30/2021 at 8:28 PM, chuso007 said:

Vigo, NW Spain

Erasmus Experience in Vigo, Spain by Bea | Erasmus ...

Hey chuso007, do you live in Vigo? I might be coming out there for work in a few months time and could do with some mid week racing?

On 3/30/2021 at 8:52 AM, chuso007 said:

Perfect response from a J70 sailor.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:22 AM, oioi said:

Hey chuso007, do you live in Vigo? I might be coming out there for work in a few months time and could do with some mid week racing?

Sure do, but no races here midweek... Only saturdays and Sundays. But maybe we can arrange some sailing, I'm definitely up for it

Saw this monstrosity cross the fleet at the start of Giraglia a couple of years ago... aesthetically speaking, we would be better off had those guys been in something a bit bigger and pointier.

IMG_2919.thumb.jpg.697f3e2fed0977212d8ab3c624e80bfc.jpgH

• Like 1

If one is going to do it right, hire professionals or is this a honor among thieves kinda thing?

News-P-542599-637335309497273387.jpg

On 4/4/2021 at 9:17 PM, chuso007 said:

Sure do, but no races here midweek... Only saturdays and Sundays. But maybe we can arrange some sailing, I'm definitely up for it

Great cheers,  I'll give you a shout if / when I'm heading over