Exactly what is the definition of 'day sailer'?

This thing is schizophrenic.  Is it a day sailor?  Those outriggers are gonna be pretty unfriendly at a lot slips.  Who wants to deal with that shit when docking and pulling in and out of a slip?  If it's a day sailor, why the pinched topsides that removed all the deck?

If it's a racer, why do we have worthless LED 'tail lights' and pedestal lights to look cool?  Where the fuck are the life lines?

And while we're on the topic of LED's.  Who thought that was a good idea?  indirect LED lighting is one thing.  But bright red LED strips that are gonna confuse the fuck out of other boats that are trying to figure out your heading?  W.T.F.  Maybe they're just going with a masthead tri-color, but you'd think a boating company would know something about making navigation difficult for others.

Make up your mind guys.  You can't have a no-compromise racing machine with foiling and then call it a day sailer and stick some led lights on it for the 'pretty'.

Why can't these boat companies just make up their minds and figure out what they're trying to sell?

30 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

where are the pics?

The place one goes - front page

But I'll link 'em here:

F70-News-08.jpg

F70-News-02.jpg

image.png.2b496f86688ffae533bb18aada7cf9bd.png

Reminds me of the dodge tail lights.

image.png.98e023dcf1466926484ad91aa6727a08.png

5 hours ago, Grrr... said:

This thing is schizophrenic.  Is it a day sailor?  Those outriggers are gonna be pretty unfriendly at a lot slips.  Who wants to deal with that shit when docking and pulling in and out of a slip?  If it's a day sailor, why the pinched topsides that removed all the deck?

If it's a racer, why do we have worthless LED 'tail lights' and pedestal lights to look cool?  Where the fuck are the life lines?

And while we're on the topic of LED's.  Who thought that was a good idea?  indirect LED lighting is one thing.  But bright red LED strips that are gonna confuse the fuck out of other boats that are trying to figure out your heading?  W.T.F.  Maybe they're just going with a masthead tri-color, but you'd think a boating company would know something about making navigation difficult for others.

Make up your mind guys.  You can't have a no-compromise racing machine with foiling and then call it a day sailer and stick some led lights on it for the 'pretty'.

Why can't these boat companies just make up their minds and figure out what they're trying to sell?

Well don't buy one then. They will teach them a lesson.

However why does a 'Day' sailor need lights at all?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Grrr... said:

A boat with little to no accommodations.

6 hours ago, SEC16518 said:

Looks sweet, but I really don't get red taillights on a boat??

That's for when you do a stoppie, also known as an American Magic bear away.

• Like 1
On 3/30/2021 at 11:14 AM, Grrr... said:

Those outriggers are gonna be pretty unfriendly at a lot slips.

I'm assuming this boat will be dry sailed just like many big fast boats.

15 hours ago, Essex said:

Needs some fins at back. Guess i can ask.

You can have fins wherever you want. Just sign this change order and initial it...

On 3/30/2021 at 5:05 PM, SEC16518 said:

I really don't get red taillights on a boat??

You gotta let the boats behind know when you hit the breaks!