Brisbane to Gladstone race is on!

Brisbane is coming out of lockdown and the official word from the QCYC is that the race is on!

Race page

https://www.brisbanetogladstone.com/

Watch the start live at 12pm Brisbane time, tomorrow April 2nd

https://www.brisbanetogladstone.com/livestream-of-the-race-start/?fbclid=IwAR3WUwZcKswTKEfl6YGf7MYvFo0ibyvhGkSYSlsc8oxbJydmek08K_3_Uo8

Follow and watch live on FB 

https://www.facebook.com/brisbanetogladstone

• Like 1
9 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

I noticed no Matrix

Got a major FOMO! But I have milestone family Birthday party & and a house handover to do. 

12 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

I noticed no Matrix

I think there will be at least a couple of NSW boats not fronting either because they couldn't get their crew to QLD due to the shut down.

37 minutes ago, podrick said:

When did they change the start time from 11am to 12pm?

They mentioned that in the skippers briefing. Seemed to be something about getting some official motorboat out for the start.

36 knots gusting 42 at Double Island Point. It’s going to be a difficult night, especially around Breaksea Spit. Lots of yachts out already.

Yeah pretty fresh and a fair bit of carnage overnight- 8 boats now retired. Spiesy and James are having a ding dong battle for LH now.  If Mayfair win it they will be the smallest boat to take LH in 40 years. 

Wistari could get the big dish in its 51st race. What a cracker of a race. 

Don’t know what 52’s big righthander was all about last night- maybe lost a checkstay and couldn’t Gybe? If they went any further out they would have been in trouble with Scomo for leaving the country!

Yep cracker of a race from Wistari pacing with Bene 40.7 & Cookson 12 all night in an old plywood boat! 

Pagan & Joanne Brodie having a nice close race as usual (two Tasman Seabirds) 

Hope BJ crew are all ok. 

9 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

image.thumb.png.420d2a3b1f774144236f2ab779c3ca9f.png

Just listened to the interview with Bradford, reaching, high 20's wind speed, reefed main, jib, pretty conservative. Glad they are all ok.

I'm cheering for the Rogers 46, that was one boat I found hard to keep up with, wickedly quick for a 46'.   

Woulda been a fun race in the Pogo. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, SteveJH said:

That'll buff right out.....

Hopefully no one injured.

I'd hate to think how much a replacement rig and sails would cost for a 100 footer!

Luckily he can afford it.

Squark just made a big divot in his yearly sales target. ;)

• Like 1
On 4/3/2021 at 1:17 PM, Jethrow said:

Squark just made a big divot in his yearly sales target. ;)

I take it "Squark" is MB?  I'm tipping the order book will be looking pretty good because a few new sails will be required to suit the new, taller mast.

28 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

I take it "Squark" is MB?  I'm tipping the order book will be looking pretty good because a few new sails will be required to suit the new, taller mast.

i heard its getting a twin skin main shorter rig and lifting foils this time...... but that could just be the rum talking

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

Yes that’s him. Taller mast on their VO70’ didn’t work out to well.