What’s it like to go mad?

5 minutes ago, The Big D said:

Post your answer by writing it out in your own feces on your bedroom wall. Post a pic.

I'm not that prolific.

Just now, Blue Crab said:

You're full of plenty of feces for a long novel.

But who is going to edit that piece of art?

4 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

You get started. We'll work out the details, photo ops and whatnot.

Shall I start with the drug cases?  Does sexual assault rank higher than murder?  Can I get a cash advance?

2 minutes ago, hasher said:

Shall I start with the drug cases?  Does sexual assault rank higher than murder?  Can I get a cash advance?

Just another bad day at work, counselor. Gotta move on or move out. 

Just now, Blue Crab said:

Just another bad day at work, counselor. Gotta move on or move out. 

Long gone.

4 hours ago, hasher said:

How do I know if I’ve gone mad?

ya make the cover

167511688_1152472578528608_4212983104222370880_n.jpg

• Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

ya make the cover

167511688_1152472578528608_4212983104222370880_n.jpg

I appreciate your effort, but having not looked into a mirror for several years, I am not quite sure if that is me.  Maybe if you could tell me my address I could finger it out.

King Donald the 45th could probably tell you..... If he could speak coherently on a subject for more than 3 seconds w/o veering off onto totally unrelated paranoid, and psychotic tangents.

5 minutes ago, The Big D said:

Just curious. What is the average number of posts for a fun thread to auger headlong into a fetid pile of political dogshit?

while to go yet , still haven't invoked Godwin's law.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, The Big D said:

Just curious. What is the average number of posts for a fun thread to auger headlong into a fetid pile of political dogshit?

European threads? Or African threads?.....

• Like 1
8 hours ago, hasher said:

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/what-s-it-like-to-go-mad-meet-the-man-who-found-out-1.4521054

Friedrich Nietzsche replies: “In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”

Good find. Figured it was an April 1 post, but apparently not https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/52576260-a-philosophy-of-madness

Expected someone to post the Weedo link as a rare example of individual insanity.

Irish Times writing about a Dutchman, speaking as a Yankee living in the southern part of the USA, this is right in my bailiwick.  

I was talking with myself about this just the other day. We got into an argument and now are not on speaking terms. On the up side....its a lot quieter in here now..........

2 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I was talking with myself about this just the other day. We got into an argument and now are not on speaking terms. 

If it becomes abusive, please do yourself a favor and call a helpline.

42 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I was talking with myself about this just the other day. We got into an argument and now are not on speaking terms. On the up side....its a lot quieter in here now..........

Reminds me of a scale of job performance I once had when writing performance appraisals for my staff.

Exceptional - Walks on water.

Commendable - Passes water in emergencies.

Meets requirements - Talks to self

Improvement required - Argues with self

Unacceptable - Loses those arguments.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, The Big D said:

When PA shitposters start posting in fun GA threads:

going-mad.gif

• Like 1

Dedication of Fredrik Backman's “Anxious People." (Author of "A Man Called Ove")

"This book is dedicated to the voices in my head, the most remarkable of my friends.

And to my wife, who lives with us."

6 hours ago, The Big D said:

The OP posed a very open ended question, and the mental state of POTUS #45 has been the subject of must discussion, as well as some books, so don't get your panties in a knot. BTW, Trump is/was very apolitical; he is just an attention/power hungry mental case, who only held a political office for 4 of his over 50 adult years. That is not a political statement.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bull City said:

The OP posed a very open ended question, and the mental state of POTUS #45 has been the subject of must discussion, as well as some books, so don't get your panties in a knot. BTW, Trump is/was very apolitical; he is just an attention/power hungry mental case, who only held a political office for 4 of his over 50 adult years. That is not a political statement.

When were they?

8 hours ago, The Big D said:

Are you new here?

Called myself, on the phone,

Just to see if I was home.

Asked myself, on a date

8 o'clock and don't be late.

I'm a nut.  I'm a nut.  I'm a nut.  I'm a nut.

7 hours ago, PurpleOnion said:

Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live.

C. Bukowski

Pretty sure I have been crazy once or twice.  I look back now and see that.

It's about the definition of Crazy.  Some people consider anybody who does not agree with them as crazy, so that must be me then.

15 hours ago, RedTuna said:

When PA shitposters start posting in fun GA threads:

"Uh oh, clean-up needed in the dairy aisle ... milk spilled in the dairy aisle ... dairy aisle ... chop chop to the dairy aisle... shopper attempted to shoplift some cheese for his whine, and passed the cheese in the dairy aisle, spilling milk ... and brown mystery fishy-smelling fluids in dairy aisle ... dairy aisle ... shoppers may wish to avoid the dairy aisle ... dairy aisle..."

• Like 2

When I was racing motorcycles, the people faster than me were crazy, the people slower than me didn't have a clue.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bridhb said:

When I was racing motorcycles, the people faster than me were crazy, the people slower than me didn't have a clue.

That's just everyday driving.

3 hours ago, ROADKILL666 said:
20 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

The Voices told me it's quite pleasant.

My voices say the same thing 

They lie. They always lie.

8 hours ago, Randro said:

Pretty sure I have been crazy once or twice.  I look back now and see that.

It's about the definition of Crazy.  Some people consider anybody who does not agree with them as crazy, so that must be me then.

Huh? Compared to how you used to be as Random, I'd assumed you had been involuntarily committed which also explained your absence. 

Oh wait ... that was Alex DeLarge.

On 4/2/2021 at 2:48 PM, Ed Lada said:

Why not go directly to the source and ask our own @mad.

Its very under rated, everybody should try it once :P