There is the eight fingers two thumbs method...

a calculator... fairly recent and ez to use

excel - this one cost a bit and some knowledge but once it's set up is simple to use

access - same as the excel option  but a little more bang for the buck.

Google,,, It's your Friend...  you can find many a different options there, some for free, others not

some you might get what you what, others work, but you always get what they are willing to give.

depending on how many boats you are scoring over how many races.. will take you down the path of no return

Remember.  Race Committee is a Thankless Job  - Do it Right and no one will notice. Do It Wrong and Everyone lines up to bitch about if...

1 hour ago, Brass said:

Will Sail wave do PHRF TOD?

From their site. 

Initial rating systems include: RYA PY & NHC, USSA PN, SCHRS, Texel, PHRF (TOD & TOT), CHS, IR2000 (IRC & IRM), ECHO, Victorian, General TCF, RORC.

You can also try their user group for help

https://forum.sailingresults.co.uk/search?q=tot perf

11 hours ago, Brass said:

Yes. Just enter course distance, elapsed times and ratngs. For TOT, you can enter your own A and B factors. For all methods, you can enter discard profiles, whether whether its a regatta or series, and any other special scoring rules described in the RRS.

On 4/2/2021 at 6:24 PM, Brass said:

On 4/3/2021 at 6:14 AM, Varan said:

Yes. Just enter course distance, elapsed times and ratings. For TOT, you can enter your own A and B factors. For all methods, you can enter discard profiles, whether whether its a regatta or series, and any other special scoring rules described in the RRS.

I think Sailwave is the most widely used scoring program internationally. They have good support and there are many who are really good with it.

To choose your rating system, you have to go to the Scoring System page. There you can choose all sorts of stuff. TOT or TOD for PHRF.You can see this is our Basic WW format. I already have the discard profile in for on discard every 4 races. Also because it is a long series I had to change the Scoring Codes so the DNF, DNS, RET and DSQ reflect Rule A9. In really big regattas, the Fleets tab is used to help split things up. You can have divisions within a fleet.

2021-04-04.thumb.png.0301ad7153bdfb1b950d29bd5ef8c473.png

Then you have to edit each race depending on the Distance and Start times. You can see that I have entered a Start A and Start B as the will be 5 minutes between the starts. I have not chosen the Competitors for the A/B starts yet because I have not added any competitors to the race yet.

1348572183_2021-04-04(1).thumb.png.ac08a05e20723db50207d05e7313de79.png

What I did to learn the program was to take some old results and stumble through the creation of a new regatta or series. Learn by doing not by someone telling you how and it will stick. Make sure someone is else is doing it too or you will be stuck as the scorer for ever. I will be scoring for the Club until I quit.

The one thing that is a bit difficult at first is the Publishing of the results.

I've been using Sailwave for about 4 years in PHRF TOD and lots of Opti. It is much easier when doing OD.

The one thing that is nice about Sailwave is being able to change ratings from race to race. We hit the first 2 boats and boost the last 2. By mid series the mid and tail end of the fleet gets to experience the moving up places. Otherwise the same boats dominate and people lose interest. WW is for fun, not a Championship.

importing a competitor list from registration programs is pretty easy using an exported CSV file. We use Regatta Network and their system exports many different CSV formats.

After posting the above, I remembered I created a document to help  the helpers. It is how we change the rating of boats for the next race and then finish and score. Currently we use -6, -3 for 1st and 2nd, reverse it for last and 2nd from last.

It also has instructions on how to Publish. I do not include the BCR (Back Corrected Rating) anymore. Use the BCE (Back Corrected Time) as it shows how far out of 1st place you were. Here is our 23 race WW series from 2019 https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/regatta_uploads/18696/2019WWseriesresults.html  You can see that many boats have lots of DNC. Under rule A2.2 they must be counted unless your SI says otherwise or you have a Qualification of say 1/3 of the 23 races must be sailed. This is also very easy to set up. For some reason we eliminated the Qualification.

Wet Wednesday Scoring and Rating Adjustment Procedure.pdf

On 4/4/2021 at 4:44 PM, sailman said:

Stop using ToD

I have pushed for the change to TOT but the old farts running the club do not understand it and changing is tough for some. It was difficult enough to get them off of the crappy spreadsheet scoring that some club member(engineer) designed 20 years ago. 

If there was someone who could make a presentation to BOD and race officers, maybe the change could happen.