Ron Desantis - Burning this bitch down

“You want to go to a movie theater. Should you have to show that? No. You want to go to a game, should you have to show that? No. You want to go to a theme park? No. We’re not supportive of that,” DeSantis said.

Criminal Idiocy .

1 minute ago, Zonker said:

What if some country like say France says "Hey you've got to show proof of vaccination to visit"?

Freedom fries?

7 minutes ago, Zonker said:

What if some country like say France says "Hey you've got to show proof of vaccination to visit"?

won't be nothing new , back in the day proof of vaccines where required to visit multiple countries .

Vaccination (Yellow Books) Record Books

• Like 4

Well I guess Gaetz and Greenburg already made a mockery of the States ID system De Boy just said fuck it it cheaper to go wit the flow which will be perfect until the first negligence lawsuits at which point the bullshittery will be suddenly become low profile.

59 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Well I guess Gaetz and Greenburg already made a mockery of the States ID system De Boy just said fuck it it cheaper to go wit the flow which will be perfect until the first negligence lawsuits at which point the bullshittery will be suddenly become low profile.

I think he has already done some legislation that prevents businesses from being held responsible for covid issues.

1 hour ago, bridhb said:

I think he has already done some legislation that prevents businesses from being held responsible for covid issues.

Oh yeah. They’re good to go. 

I seem to remember seeing a sign on a door of a restaurant that said "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason." I assume that was originally to keep dark skinned people out of the white  only dining room. But now DeSantis is saying that no business can refuse service to anyone for any reason... I'm so confused.

• Like 1

While I don't completely agree with his EO - I sorta get the point behind it.  It's reminiscent of "Show us your papers, please!".   I could see a vax passport being used as a political weapon that will further drive a massive wedge in an already fragile society.

OTOH, I do think that certain enterprises like schools and such should be able to deny access to anti-vaxxers.  So I don't know what the answer is.  I think the only real equitable answer is to continue COVID mitigation protocols until herd immunity has been achieved rather than open up only to folks who have gotten the vaccine.  

There are also real issues with using a vax PP to gain access.  There are legitimate reasons people can't or won't get the vaccine, kids are not eligible yet and so on.  If you make exceptions for them, they very easily could transmit the virus anyway and you defeat the entire point of the PP.  

But let's be clear @Zonker, this is an entirely different conversation from using a vax PP to travel to another country.  I would have no issue with that as a requirement at all.  

I would add that one of the largest groups that are "vaccine-hesitant" (I fucking HATE that term, btw) are blacks.  Are all you SJWNJs really interested in barring access to public places to blacks because they don't have their vax PP?  Just the thought of that must cause severe cognitive dissonance.  

57 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

While I don't completely agree with his EO - I sorta get the point behind it.  It's reminiscent of "Show us your papers, please!".   I could see a vax passport being used as a political weapon that will further drive a massive wedge in an already fragile society.

OTOH, I do think that certain enterprises like schools and such should be able to deny access to anti-vaxxers.  So I don't know what the answer is.  I think the only real equitable answer is to continue COVID mitigation protocols until herd immunity has been achieved rather than open up only to folks who have gotten the vaccine.  

There are also real issues with using a vax PP to gain access.  There are legitimate reasons people can't or won't get the vaccine, kids are not eligible yet and so on.  If you make exceptions for them, they very easily could transmit the virus anyway and you defeat the entire point of the PP.  

But let's be clear @Zonker, this is an entirely different conversation from using a vax PP to travel to another country.  I would have no issue with that as a requirement at all.  

Dude, it’s not a requirement of a govt, it’s a requirement of a business. How is that “show us your papers?”

39 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I would add that one of the largest groups that are "vaccine-hesitant" (I fucking HATE that term, btw) are blacks.  Are all you SJWNJs really interested in barring access to public places to blacks because they don't have their vax PP?  Just the thought of that must cause severe cognitive dissonance.  

No one is barring anyone from “public places” sorry for your ongoing confusion.

59 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I would hope the USofA institutes a inbound vaccine passport requirement. It’s good policy.

Without something like a Vaxx-port 

good luck with the Canadians ever opening up the US border again. 

I do so miss Pelee Island !! 

image.jpeg.bdc0d4a5c356daaa750149e2ecf026d4.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I would hope the USofA institutes a inbound vaccine passport requirement. It’s good policy.

It should apply to backward states like Florida. Stop them dead at the Georgia/Alabama border without a passport. Of course, that border could crawl northward as time went on.

2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

this is an entirely different conversation from using a vax PP to travel to another country.

Yeah but if you are a Florida resident you CAN'T get one. He could have made an order saying "no business shall require a vax passport to access it".

Saying "show us your papers" is BS. If you're pulled over by the cops you need to show a driver's license. If you want to buy booze, again, provide proof you're of age. Want to get on a plane? Show some ID. If a business wants to do business only with people that have vaccinated and are less of a risk to their staff, I think that's OK.

The order prohibits the issuing of any vax documents. This is the text of the order.

No Florida government entity, or its subdivisions, agents, or assigns, shall be permitted to issue vaccine passports, vaccine passes, or other standardized documentation for the purpose of certifying an individual’s COVID-19 vaccination status to a third party, or otherwise publish or share any individual’s COVID-19 vaccination record or similar health information."

• Like 2

What about the rights of the business owners? It thought the GOP wanted business owners to have rights against the big-bad Deep State that seeks to order them to make gay wedding cakes and such? Just joking there...The only information in all this is DeSantis wants the R nomination for POTUS, and he ain't messing around. Going full-retard on the first pitch. 

I realize you wrote "one of".  Heard a blurb on NPR, while driving to get my second Pfizer dose ironically, that the largest "hesitant" group is white male republicans.  The complaint was that Trump could solve that problem with a simple statement.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Zonker said:

Yeah but if you are a Florida resident you CAN'T get one. He could have made an order saying "no business shall require a vax passport to access it".

Saying "show us your papers" is BS. If you're pulled over by the cops you need to show a driver's license. If you want to buy booze, again, provide proof you're of age. Want to get on a plane? Show some ID. If a business wants to do business only with people that have vaccinated and are less of a risk to their staff, I think that's OK.

The order prohibits the issuing of any vax documents. This is the text of the order.

No Florida government entity, or its subdivisions, agents, or assigns, shall be permitted to issue vaccine passports, vaccine passes, or other standardized documentation for the purpose of certifying an individual’s COVID-19 vaccination status to a third party, or otherwise publish or share any individual’s COVID-19 vaccination record or similar health information."

Govt can’t, but I got my vaxx card from my HC provider. Can they do that in Floriduh?

I have a card with dates of my two shots with CDC LOGO

issued by the county [miami dade] at a site run by the fla national guard

so the gov issued it but can't require me to show it I guess

the state Gop is nuts

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Zonker said:

The Florida state run vaccine center I went to issued me a CDC card showing the date of both of my doses.  That sort of goes against DeSantis's order.  What I think he has also mandated is that no businesses in Florida can require showing that card for service or entry.  He has already made it impossible for the enforcement of any mask mandates.

Vaccine passport: ideally electronic, cloud storage, can easily reinstall if I drop my phone over the side, can access from 3rd party device if need be like border crossing or airport. 

White paper CDC card: laminate? Put in baggie? Drag on international travel?  What if I lose it? If no central database or vaccine records online, harder to replace than a lost State Dept passport. 

As for the records privacy issue, I can disclose my protected health data to anyone and everyone if I want to. Presumably by getting a vaccine passport I want to. 

• Like 1

I can see it when traveling to a different country BUT our you really going to require swiping into the grocery store considering so many people apparently can’t get any type of photo ID 

5 minutes ago, tommays said:

our you really going to require swiping into the grocery store considering so many people apparently can’t get any type of photo ID 

fwiw you currently can't get into one here sans mask at the moment , so the answer is yes .

People who have been careful for 13 months, got vaccinated, are not going to,want to mingle maskless with maskless unvaccinated people. So knowing who else is in that restaurant or plane or venue matters to a decent fraction with a lot of disposable income.

This is mean spirited, but after being told I should hide at home with the other expendable vulnerables, I look forward to standing in herds with the same breeders that have been running aound with their kids (maskless, #becausefreedom), my mask under my nose, saying "gee honey, I am not coughing near as much as last night is your fever down" while breathing on their unvaccinatable tykes. 

• Like 4

Death rates in Ottawa County Michigan are up by 250%.  In Fulton County Georgia, death rates are only up 30%.

I'm glad this little issue is fading into the rear view member.

The businesses w/ signs on the door that say: "MASK REQUIRED TO ENTER THIS STORE" while only half the employees, and 1/20th of the customers are wearing masks around here would suggest that people still don't think this is a real thing.  I heard at least 3 people in the past 2 days declaring that it was a hoax, while lamenting their friends who died of pneumonia, or the flu, or lung failure over the last year.

When I got my Moderna shots back in January they gave me a card with data on the batch, etc.  I placed it inside my passport so I can show it when traveling for deliveries.  As of yet it has had no. effect on testing requirements.

Hopefully, those cards will have some weight.

To summarize--- employers can require Hep B., tetanus, etc.  We can require voters to show id (like that one)---- but we cannot require anyone to get a COVID vaccine or provide a common card to prove inoculations, or require them in facilities where spreading the disease could result in deaths.     That makes perfect sense.

NOT

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

The businesses w/ signs on the door that say: "MASK REQUIRED TO ENTER THIS STORE" while only half the employees, and 1/20th of the customers are wearing masks around here would suggest that people still don't think this is a real thing.  I heard at least 3 people in the past 2 days declaring that it was a hoax, while lamenting their friends who died of pneumonia, or the flu, or lung failure over the last year.

Per the CDC, 80% of people need to be vaccinated for it to be downgraded from pandemic to epidemic.  We will never get there, when 40% of Trumpublican's, or just plain Regressive's will shun the vaccine....  I noticed when we were in Charleston, SC recently, there were lots of folks not wearing masks, but back home in CT, it's nearly 100% in practice here.

23 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Vaccine passport: ideally electronic, cloud storage, can easily reinstall if I drop my phone over the side, can access from 3rd party device if need be like border crossing or airport. 

White paper CDC card: laminate? Put in baggie? Drag on international travel?  What if I lose it? If no central database or vaccine records online, harder to replace than a lost State Dept passport. 

As for the records privacy issue, I can disclose my protected health data to anyone and everyone if I want to. Presumably by getting a vaccine passport I want to. 

Give me 15 minutes with a word processing program and some card stock, and I could whip them out in batches.  Add to that the fact that many of them are filled out by hand, who would be able to tell a legit one from one I made?

I do think the inclusion of the Lot # is in case something goes sideways.

5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Give me 15 minutes with a word processing program and some card stock, and I could whip them out in batches.  Add to that the fact that many of them are filled out by hand, who would be able to tell a legit one from one I made?

I do think the inclusion of the Lot # is in case something goes sideways.

Yes, anything not electronic and signed/verified by some health agency is like those "disability" cards people printed to get out of wearing  masks on planes or emotional support peacocks.

On 4/3/2021 at 11:33 AM, Zonker said:

And yet, you guys lose your fucking shit over having to show ID at the voting booth.  Seems incongruent.......

• Like 2

Yeh, I was looking at my card, no serial number, just a form I could scan and produce in any quantity.   Of course there is a little traceability as the lot number and location are there but that would not be accessible except by  authorised health care professionals due to HEPA.   But with attitudes in the USA it is unlikely a standard will be agreed upon for an e vac card via smart phone.  Again the rest of the world will leave us in their wake and may damn well make it very difficult to travel international for US citizens.

On 4/3/2021 at 11:45 AM, Mark K said:

What about the rights of the business owners? It thought the GOP wanted business owners to have rights against the big-bad Deep State that seeks to order them to make gay wedding cakes and such? Just joking there...The only information in all this is DeSantis wants the R nomination for POTUS, and he ain't messing around. Going full-retard on the first pitch. 

Sorry, I misread the OP.  I thought he was overriding local gov'ts requiring a vaxx-port.  If businesses want to do it on their own, I'm perfectly fine with that.  Sorta.

But I think it becomes a slope massively prone to slip & falls.  Do we do the same for all other vaccines such as polio, chicken pox and such??  Wasn't there a recent outbreak of Chicken Pox a few years ago in NY and some other cities?  Or some such??  That icy slope could eventually extend to businesses not serving blacks because they are statistically more likely than whites as a % of their demographic representation to commit violent crimes.  Isn't it businesses' right to protect themselves?  

BUT...... if we are going to do the vaxport - I would go all in and deny ALL medical care to anyone who refuses to get the Covid vaccine without a legitimate medical excuse when they present at the hospital with covid symptoms.  And no, I'm not being sarcastic.  

On 4/3/2021 at 12:35 PM, NeedAClew said:

I always take a pic or scan of every important document and keep it on my phone and backed up in the cloud.  DL, Mil ID, insurance card, passport, etc.  It's saved me on numerous occasions when I've needed something and didn't have it with me.  I even got pulled over once and didn't have my wallet with me.  But I showed the officer my DL and car insurance on my phone and he was cool with that.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

Sorry, I misread the OP.  I thought he was overriding local gov'ts requiring a vaxx-port.  If businesses want to do it on their own, I'm perfectly fine with that.  Sorta.

But I think it becomes a slope massively prone to slip & falls.  Do we do the same for all other vaccines such as polio, chicken pox and such??  Wasn't there a recent outbreak of Chicken Pox a few years ago in NY and some other cities?  Or some such??  That icy slope could eventually extend to businesses not serving blacks because they are statistically more likely than whites as a % of their demographic representation to commit violent crimes.  Isn't it businesses' right to protect themselves?  

BUT...... if we are going to do the vaxport - I would go all in and deny ALL medical care to anyone who refuses to get the Covid vaccine without a legitimate medical excuse when they present at the hospital with covid symptoms.  And no, I'm not being sarcastic.  

Desantis' order was that businesses had to allow people without masks. He doesn't have the authority to do that too. This is just pandering the the RW nut-base that dominates the process of nominating R candidates. 

Nearly every state has laws that require some vaccinations in school kids. 

19 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

People who have been careful for 13 months, got vaccinated, are not going to,want to mingle maskless with maskless unvaccinated people. So knowing who else is in that restaurant or plane or venue matters to a decent fraction with a lot of disposable income.

This is mean spirited, but after being told I should hide at home with the other expendable vulnerables, I look forward to standing in herds with the same breeders that have been running aound with their kids (maskless, #becausefreedom), my mask under my nose, saying "gee honey, I am not coughing near as much as last night is your fever down" while breathing on their unvaccinatable tykes. 

There is a dark part of me that sometimes dreams of being able to carry around a little spritzer bottle with a solution of live COVID so I can spray in the faces of those retards who are in stores with their masks around their chins.  Someone's gotta thin the herd and I'm more than willing to do my part.  

j/k. 

Maybe.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

DUDE!

I was at work on friday after a flight and was finishing up my paperwork before heading out to start the weekend.  There were 3 other pilots in the office and they got into a conversation about COVID, the vaccine and trump.  I always stay out of these political conversations at work because no good could come of it and I usually just tune it out.  But as I overheard some of what they were saying, I started paying more and more attention.  One guy was going on about how Covid was a hoax and all the deaths were just flu deaths and they were calling it covid because the hospitals get more gov't money if they call it covid vs anything else.  The 2nd was talking about how he was refusing to get the vaccine - and all agreed.  Then another got going on how the election was stolen and that trump actually didn't lose because of all the fraud.  The circle jerk kept going until I packed up and walked out shaking my head.  And what's the most sad is these are 3 highly educated dudes with Master's degrees, well spoken, and overall the nicest guys you'd ever meet and who would give you the shirt off their back.  When the propaganda and brainwashing is strong enough to do this to folks like this.....  we are in big trouble.  Because this is not going away anytime soon.  

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, Burning Man said:
On 4/3/2021 at 7:45 PM, Mark K said:

I can foresee a hellish amount of stand-offs for business owners having to "police" this, turning away irate customers, especially from restaurants and bars.

A very real possibility of violence and potentially people getting shot at the time or as settling a grievance at being turned away.

17 minutes ago, mad said:

I can foresee a hellish amount of stand-offs for business owners having to "police" this, turning away irate customers, especially from restaurants and bars.

A very real possibility of violence and potentially people getting shot at the time or as settling a grievance at being turned away.

Would you like a table in the vaccinated or unvaccinated section this evening, Ma’am?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

And yet, you guys lose your fucking shit over having to show ID at the voting booth.  Seems incongruent.......

Umm, how does state discrimination against folks who for whatever reason don’t have some form of ID, and Disney not letting in a redtard who hasn’t gotten their shots who is a risk to many of their (under 16) patrons? 

50 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

DUDE!

I was at work on friday after a flight and was finishing up my paperwork before heading out to start the weekend.  There were 3 other pilots in the office and they got into a conversation about COVID, the vaccine and trump.  I always stay out of these political conversations at work because no good could come of it and I usually just tune it out.  But as I overheard some of what they were saying, I started paying more and more attention.  One guy was going on about how Covid was a hoax and all the deaths were just flu deaths and they were calling it covid because the hospitals get more gov't money if they call it covid vs anything else.  The 2nd was talking about how he was refusing to get the vaccine - and all agreed.  Then another got going on how the election was stolen and that trump actually didn't lose because of all the fraud.  The circle jerk kept going until I packed up and walked out shaking my head.  And what's the most sad is these are 3 highly educated dudes with Master's degrees, well spoken, and overall the nicest guys you'd ever meet and who would give you the shirt off their back.  When the propaganda and brainwashing is strong enough to do this to folks like this.....  we are in big trouble.  Because this is not going away anytime soon.  

Talk is cheap

When are they going to be willing to fight?

- DSK

28 minutes ago, mad said:

I will turn myself away when I see the covidian patrons and will let the business know how much I had planned to spend. 

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

I always take a pic or scan of every important document and keep it on my phone and backed up in the cloud.  DL, Mil ID, insurance card, passport, etc.  It's saved me on numerous occasions when I've needed something and didn't have it with me.  I even got pulled over once and didn't have my wallet with me.  But I showed the officer my DL and car insurance on my phone and he was cool with that.  

Yeah I do too but would rather have something more official to show and get thru immigration more quickly 

On 4/2/2021 at 11:46 PM, Ease the sheet. said:

I'm sure most Floridians would reply with "who is France?"

Uh Uh - They know it's Big Bill France of NASCAR fame.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Burning Man said:

And yet RW goes into a rapid spittle projecting tizzy when we talk about vaccine cards.

WTF???  Both groups play to their crowd of supporters like a teenager lighting his farts.  We need some common sense from both sides of nutterville. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gangbusters said:

Would you like a table in the vaccinated or unvaccinated section this evening, Ma’am?

That’s going to difficult to enforce, there’s enough issues and friction with pro and anti masks already.

It’s almost inevitable there’s going to be a 2 tier system somehow. 

2 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

I will turn myself away when I see the covidian patrons and will let the business know how much I had planned to spend. 

I’ll be doing the same, it’s how this is all going to settle down that’s of morbid interest. 

I kinda don’t care if a bunch of redtards decide to attend Darwin parties, but it’s a bummer the human Petri dishes are gonna generate new variants.

• Like 1

Yesterday I was in the pharmacy waiting for my script to be brought to the counter. They got it wrong (good thing I checked). They told me it would be 20-30 minutes before they could redo it. I asked if I could use the rest room. "sorry sir, that's for staff only".... Really?! The second time I've heard that in a week in conjunction with med/pharma people.

So I went to the next nearest place where I knew where the rest room was. The only bar in the county. Saturday at noon, there were probably 20+ people in there, including the bar tender and cook. I was the only one wearing a mask. I still had 10 minutes to kill after slamming a beer, so I went to the food store. Saturday before Easter. Maybe 40 people in the store not incl. Staff. I was the only customer wearing a mask.

The Grand neighbor came over later that day. Just for a visit. She wasn't feeling well enough to do any yard work. I asked her what was wrong. "Head ache, sneezy, tired, lots of stuff in my throat..." I asked how long she'd been like this. "About a week" Today she was feeling the same, but wanted to mow the lawn. While she was working, I called her "dad" who is an EMT. I asked if she'd been tested. He said "She's just making stuff up. If she hasn't gotten Covid by now, she's not going to get it." I asked if he'd gotten the vaccine. "No. Why would I? If I haven't gotten it by now, I'm not going to get it"... This is the mentality. Tomorrow I will call our county health dept. and see if they can mandate a test for the girl, and I will call the health dept. one county over where the EMT works and tell them that one of their EMTs has been in close proximity with a suspected covid case.

I doubt that anyone will do anything, but I can try.

The stupid runs deep around here.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gangbusters said:

Now THAT^^ would work nicely.  Well done!

3 hours ago, Raz'r said:
4 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Umm, how does state discrimination against folks who for whatever reason don’t have some form of ID, and Disney not letting in a redtard who hasn’t gotten their shots who is a risk to many of their (under 16) patrons? 

I was countering the argument of "what's the big deal - you need an ID for everything these days just to exist day to day?".  

46 minutes ago, Snore said:

We need some common sense from both sides of nutterville. 

As always.

That's the problem with ideology, of whatever stripe.

49 minutes ago, mad said:
3 hours ago, Gangbusters said:

That’s going to difficult to enforce, there’s enough issues and friction with pro and anti masks already.

It’s almost inevitable there’s going to be a 2 tier system somehow. 

I'm almost willing to risk the inevitable hurt feelings and possible potential for violence just to see people without masks shuffled off to the "no mask, no vax" corner to be served and then sit there for an hour while the waitress gets suited up in full Ebola PPE/respirator to take their order.  Dude, that would be worth the price of admission right there.  

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I kinda don’t care if a bunch of redtards decide to attend Darwin parties, but it’s a bummer the human Petri dishes are gonna generate new variants.

I'm hoping they get the newer virulent strains of the virus and expire quickly before they can procreate some more.  

12 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Yesterday I was in the pharmacy waiting for my script to be brought to the counter. They got it wrong (good thing I checked). They told me it would be 20-30 minutes before they could redo it. I asked if I could use the rest room. "sorry sir, that's for staff only".... Really?! The second time I've heard that in a week in conjunction with med/pharma people.

So I went to the next nearest place where I knew where the rest room was. The only bar in the county. Saturday at noon, there were probably 20+ people in there, including the bar tender and cook. I was the only one wearing a mask. I still had 10 minutes to kill after slamming a beer, so I went to the food store. Saturday before Easter. Maybe 40 people in the store not incl. Staff. I was the only customer wearing a mask.

The Grand neighbor came over later that day. Just for a visit. She wasn't feeling well enough to do any yard work. I asked her what was wrong. "Head ache, sneezy, tired, lots of stuff in my throat..." I asked how long she'd been like this. "About a week" Today she was feeling the same, but wanted to mow the lawn. While she was working, I called her "dad" who is an EMT. I asked if she'd been tested. He said "She's just making stuff up. If she hasn't gotten Covid by now, she's not going to get it." I asked if he'd gotten the vaccine. "No. Why would I? If I haven't gotten it by now, I'm not going to get it"... This is the mentality. Tomorrow I will call our county health dept. and see if they can mandate a test for the girl, and I will call the health dept. one county over where the EMT works and tell them that one of their EMTs has been in close proximity with a suspected covid case.

I doubt that anyone will do anything, but I can try.

The stupid runs deep around here.

I've always said there IS actually a cure for stupid.  But it either usually involves an act of god or putting yourself at risk of going to jail.  If there is a god, I'd like to believe that COVID is the cure for stupid.  Maybe if we stopped intervening to save these people from themselves, we'd have a lot less stupid.  Just saying.

1 minute ago, Burning Man said:

I've always said there IS actually a cure for stupid.  But it either usually involves an act of god or putting yourself at risk of going to jail.  If there is a god, I'd like to believe that COVID is the cure for stupid.  Maybe if we stopped intervening to save these people from themselves, we'd have a lot less stupid.  Just saying.

It's just extra sad that some of the seriously stupid is coming from people we depend on to potentially save our lives. An EMT saying that he wouldn't get the vaccine because he would have caught it by now if he was going to get it.....

The idea of being a typhoid Mary doesn't click with meatheads like this. It's really sad, because as much of a ham fisted, bacon brain that he is, he's very nice, and quite helpfull, when he's not running off on vacation, or working 72 hour shifts because he went on vacation, and needs to make payments on two vehicles, a boat, a mortgage, and 2 alimonies.

On 4/3/2021 at 2:33 PM, Zonker said:

So what?  You get a genuine CDC vaccination record card when you get the inoculations.  Why should the state agencies create another proof of vaccination?  Will FLs be valid in any other state?

0x0.jpg?fit=scale

On 4/3/2021 at 8:43 PM, NeedAClew said:

Southwest Airlines passengers dance and cheer as couple accused of refusing to wear masks get thrown off flight

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I was countering the argument of "what's the big deal - you need an ID for everything these days just to exist day to day?".  

Your faux analogy is noted.

30 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I'm almost willing to risk the inevitable hurt feelings and possible potential for violence just to see people without masks shuffled off to the "no mask, no vax" corner to be served and then sit there for an hour while the waitress gets suited up in full Ebola PPE/respirator to take their order.  Dude, that would be worth the price of admission right there.  

It used to be the “smoking” section, until the restaurant workers got the states to recognize unsafe workplaces. I think there might be a bit of a precedence here...

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

It used to be the “smoking” section, until the restaurant workers got the states to recognize unsafe workplaces. I think there might be a bit of a precedence here...

That's like having a "no peeing" side of the pool for those that want to swim in pee-free water.

On 4/3/2021 at 12:22 PM, nota said:

I have a card with dates of my two shots with CDC LOGO

issued by the county [miami dade] at a site run by the fla national guard

Truly confused by the Governator's executive order in that case. Why bother? Just pandering to the right wing crowd?

4 minutes ago, Zonker said:

Truly confused by the Governator's executive order in that case. Why bother? Just pandering to the right wing crowd?

If you read between the lines, he's just saying what the HIPAA rules already say. "No etc. etc. shall provide to a 3rd party any information etc. etc."

So yes, he's pandering to the nut cases.

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

If you read between the lines, he's just saying what the HIPAA rules already say. "No etc. etc. shall provide to a 3rd party any information etc. etc."

So yes, he's pandering to the nut cases.

Who seem to be in the majority down there.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Who seem to be in the majority down there.

There's no seem.... It's seemless in some areas.

11 hours ago, Burning Man said:

I'm happy with that arrangement, the added bonus is that most of them in the plague seating area are the arseholes I've been trying to avoid for years.

11 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Meals delivered through a air-gapped hatch?

1 hour ago, mad said:

I'm happy with that arrangement, the added bonus is that most of them in the plague seating area are the arseholes I've been trying to avoid for years.

The bonus now is they are highly visible!!!

So mine came back with an attitude last week, ended up in the ER over the weekend. If my experience there is any indication, there is a significant part of our population who simply do not and will not understand the concept of how a virus like this works. The ER waiting room is small, so everyone there heard the nurse and me talking about being positive with Covid and my symptoms, which were obvious at that point without talking about it. Yet still, there were folks who insisted on crowding into my space with only a bandana or with a mask hanging below their nose. I would not want to be in the same building with me, and here these folks were happily snorting up my covid fumes.

Most folks who do get it will survive, and will also spread it to others, and those others may be trying to do everything right.  It seems that this new variant is much more contagious among kids, and also making kids more sick. We think that may be how it got to us, since my son has a handful of in person classes. 

The only way out is mass immunization, and even that is not perfect. My mother had both vaccine shots (Moderna), and still ended up with pneumonia with this right alongside me in the ER. I have no doubt it would have been much worse without the vaccine, but she still got it and was still contagious for some time. If everyone got vaccinated, then the possible vectors reduce to a non-viable level for major outbreaks. Without that, I think we are going to be dealing with this for a long time. 

23 minutes ago, LenP said:

So mine came back with an attitude last week, ended up in the ER over the weekend. If my experience there is any indication, there is a significant part of our population who simply do not and will not understand the concept of how a virus like this works. The ER waiting room is small, so everyone there heard the nurse and me talking about being positive with Covid and my symptoms, which were obvious at that point without talking about it. Yet still, there were folks who insisted on crowding into my space with only a bandana or with a mask hanging below their nose. I would not want to be in the same building with me, and here these folks were happily snorting up my covid fumes.

Most folks who do get it will survive, and will also spread it to others, and those others may be trying to do everything right.  It seems that this new variant is much more contagious among kids, and also making kids more sick. We think that may be how it got to us, since my son has a handful of in person classes. 

The only way out is mass immunization, and even that is not perfect. My mother had both vaccine shots (Moderna), and still ended up with pneumonia with this right alongside me in the ER. I have no doubt it would have been much worse without the vaccine, but she still got it and was still contagious for some time. If everyone got vaccinated, then the possible vectors reduce to a non-viable level for major outbreaks. Without that, I think we are going to be dealing with this for a long time. 

You're right. Get through it and get well. 

32 minutes ago, LenP said:

Thanks for the update, hoping for the best for you and yours.

I think we are all going to be ok. Kids are already all better, and Marie has never had a symptom. They have me on prednisone and doxycycline, back home and feeling much better although the combo of doxy, prednisone, and ibubrofen is taking it's toll on my stomach. Still, one week of that mitigated with a double dose of omeprazole and I should be as good as new, or at least as good as I was a couple weeks ago. 

I sure do hope that we get a fully vaccinated population, this will not be fun as a new yearly event. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

It's just extra sad that some of the seriously stupid is coming from people we depend on to potentially save our lives. An EMT saying that he wouldn't get the vaccine because he would have caught it by now if he was going to get it.....

The idea of being a typhoid Mary doesn't click with meatheads like this. It's really sad, because as much of a ham fisted, bacon brain that he is, he's very nice, and quite helpfull, when he's not running off on vacation, or working 72 hour shifts because he went on vacation, and needs to make payments on two vehicles, a boat, a mortgage, and 2 alimonies.

Read a news story about nursing homes where 40% of staff refuse vaccine when offered. I sure hope I never need care from anyone so ignorant. 

15 hours ago, LenP said:

Agree with all.  Is this a relapse of a previous Covid infection?  Do you have one of the UK or RSA variants?  

Hang in there and get better.