An interesting pair of graphs from the US CDC. First shows the enormous effect of Covid-19 versus the flu. At times this past year Covid was responsible for a third of all deaths in the country. Also, essentially no cases of the flu, presumably because wearing of masks and social distancing was enough to prevent almost all cases of the flu, but it was not enough to stop Covid completely. Just imagine what would have happened with no mask wearing and no social distancing. Second graph confirms the lack of flu problems this past winter. UK has similar data showing essentially no flu this past winter.

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 1.50.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 1.51.22 PM.png

47 minutes ago, TheDragon said:

Also, essentially no cases of the flu, presumably because wearing of masks and social distancing was enough to prevent almost all cases of the flu, but it was not enough to stop Covid completely. Just imagine what would have happened with no mask wearing and no social distancing.

LOL.....you're kidding mean?  What sort of scientist were you or were you just an over qualified lab technician?

Do you honestly believe what you have just written?  What's more are you proposing that every flu season countries enforce mask wearing and social distancing?  Presumably so you can go kite surfing.

You realise that influenza cases AND deaths are estimates (stated by the CDC) based on the increases in respiratory illnesses particularly pneumonia.  You realise that there has never been and still isn't comprehensive widespread community testing for influenza incidence.  Not anywhere near that of Covid-19.

You have stated that you are an expert in the field of PCR testing by posting "I was involved in the first PCR test at the Univeristy of Illinois in 1988" but you seem to very little understanding of the scientific method nor evidence based research.  Unbelievable!

What is the point of this latest Topic that you have created?

Surely even you would doubt the veracity of these graphs.  But assuming you have done due diligence answer this one question - HOW MANY OF THE INDIVIDUALS WHOSE DEATHS WERE ATTRIBUTED TO COVID-19 WERE TESTED FOR COVID-19 AND INFLUENZA?

5 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

It's well know that social distancing and good hygiene suppress viruses including the flu.

It worked 100 years ago.

Kate reminds me of some crone character from a bonnet drama.

Is he suggesting that people in Japan or other Asian countries who regularly wear masks are somehow being ridiculous?

or that to adopt a practice that is proven to reduce the spread of any virus is some how unwestern?

No wonder they get out of the Onsen when Americans get in :D

16 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Surely even you would doubt the veracity of these graphs.  But assuming you have done due diligence answer this one question - HOW MANY OF THE INDIVIDUALS WHOSE DEATHS WERE ATTRIBUTED TO COVID-19 WERE TESTED FOR COVID-19 AND INFLUENZA?

Actually, all of them, in the US In the last 12 months, 9190 deaths involving influenza according to CDC data. This mean they are not just throwing you in a box, they are testing. Upfront they have to test to know what you caught and how to treat you. You don't treat Covid and influena the same way.

Why in hell do we have to explain that.

Before someone gets hot on the difference between the numbers, note that the numbers in Dragon post are for pediatric deaths only.

Poor old Kate, knickers in a knot yet again. Can't stand the reality that masks and social distancing can prevent flu, but not quite covid.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, TheDragon said:

Poor old Kate, knickers in a knot yet again. Can't stand the reality that masks and social distancing can prevent flu, but not quite covid.

So if your right and masks and social distancing don't solve the covid scamdemic why are we all being made to were them ? most people didn't wouldn't have given up all of there social liberty's to save them self's from flue.  

On 4/5/2021 at 12:15 AM, PeterSailor said:

Actually, all of them, in the US In the last 12 months, 9190 deaths involving influenza according to CDC data. This mean they are not just throwing you in a box, they are testing. Upfront they have to test to know what you caught and how to treat you. You don't treat Covid and influena the same way.

Why in hell do we have to explain that.

That's not correct even the CDC says Influenza deaths are estimates.  There is no equivalent comprehensive Influenza PCR testing.

35 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

That's not correct even the CDC says Influenza deaths are estimates.  There is no equivalent comprehensive Influenza PCR testing.

More bullshit from the Unaposter - on average 140 children die from the flu - this past year it was one.

Cases are estimates, deaths are statistics.  Moron.

3 hours ago, d'ranger said:

More bullshit from the Unaposter - on average 140 children die from the flu - this past year it was one.

Cases are estimates, deaths are statistics.  Moron.

That isn't what I said.  I will reiterate - the CDC themselves state that Influenza cases, hospitalisations and deaths are estimates.

For those that want to review how the statistics are gathered check here: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/overview.htm

Look, Mikey, your sock doesn't fool anyone and the bullshit you post doesn't either. Illness are estimated, deaths are counted.  Incidence of flu and deaths were both dramatically reduced this year.

So, time to add this sock to the ignore bin.  buh bye asshole.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

Look, Mikey, your sock doesn't fool anyone and the bullshit you post doesn't either. Illness are estimated, deaths are counted.  Incidence of flu and deaths were both dramatically reduced this year.

That's not correct.  I cannot understand what motivates you.  Why do you wallow in the portrayal of doom and gloom using dubious statistics and metrics?

The fact is Influenza statistics have ALWAYS been estimates and STILL are.  If you read the CDC page I cited and then look at how each of the States record Influenza statistics you will see why.  It doesn't take a genius to work out that if someone dies of pneumonia (common cause of Covid-19 related deaths) and a PCR test has been recorded within 28 days then that death will be classified as a Covid-19 death.  No further testing will be done for Influenza!

Add to that the fact those who would be vulnerable to Covid-19 would also be vulnerable to mortality from Influenza.  So no wonder Flu stats are down (estimates that they are) and it has nothing to do with masks and social distancing!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

That's not correct.  I cannot understand what motivates you.  Why do you wallow in the portrayal of doom and gloom using dubious statistics and metrics?

The fact is Influenza statistics have ALWAYS been estimates and STILL are.  If you read the CDC page I cited and then look at how each of the States record Influenza statistics you will see why.  It doesn't take a genius to work out that if someone dies of pneumonia (common cause of Covid-19 related deaths) and a PCR test has been recorded within 28 days then that death will be classified as a Covid-19 death.  No further testing will be done for Influenza!

Add to that the fact those who would be vulnerable to Covid-19 would also be vulnerable to mortality from Influenza.  So no wonder Flu stats are down (estimates that they are) and it has nothing to do with masks and social distancing!

So social distancing and masks do not affect contagious diseases like flu?

9 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

So social distancing and masks do not affect contagious diseases like flu?

Prior to Covid-19 there has been no evidence that masks worn by the general public make any difference to influenza transmission.  That is quoting the CDC and WHO prior to Covid-19.

Since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic there has been no new conclusive evidence either way.  

God help society if masks, social distancing and influenza vaccination passports become law and are required every respiratory illness season.  Of course they won't because the civil unrest will be intolerable and uncontrollable.  The reality is that it is impossible to enforce social distancing without bringing society to a halt.  That is but one reason why they don't work.

Further extreme NPI measures (e.g. lockdowns and border closures) are only making the human immune systems naive just as indigenous tribes were before European invasion.  Don't be surprised if influenza seasons in the next few years are more severe for countries that have enforced extreme measures than those experienced previously.  

• Like 1

Go back to the Spanish Flu pandemic, the cities that wore masks and distanced faired much better than those that didn't. It is all researched and documented and easily understood unless you are Mikey the Unaposter.   Oh, and all those Asian countries that weren't devastated? Mask wearing is accepted there and not a threat to their masculinity.

Can't fix stupid and can't stop them from posting. Unless Scot would get off his ass and flick the fucker including BlatantBullshit although that may be another mikey sock.

36 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Go back to the Spanish Flu pandemic, the cities that wore masks and distanced faired much better than those that didn't. It is all researched and documented

Can you post a link to the research that confirms this?  I'd be really interested to read it.

On 4/8/2021 at 3:11 AM, d'ranger said:

Go back to the Spanish Flu pandemic, the cities that wore masks and distanced faired much better than those that didn't. It is all researched and documented and easily understood unless you are Mikey the Unaposter.   Oh, and all those Asian countries that weren't devastated? Mask wearing is accepted there and not a threat to their masculinity.

Can't fix stupid and can't stop them from posting. Unless Scot would get off his ass and flick the fucker including BlatantBullshit although that may be another mikey sock.

I don't think the few clicks from this part of the forum trickle enough money into the @Editor's pockets to justify keeping the bullshiters afloat.

So, Scot, what say you?

Maybe, if you decide to just keep ignoring the blatant BS propaganda, could you rename this subforum to Qrona Anarchy? So people would have a hint at what kind of content they can expect down here and would not waste the time or clicks.

• Like 2

I say that if people are dumb enough to spend half a second paying attention to anyone who is dumb enough to post complete horseshit on this topic, well ya kinda deserve it. Now having said that, give me other reasons to flick someone and you know that I'm not shy with the scythe. Hell, I'm permanently holding one!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Editor said:

I say that if people are dumb enough to spend half a second paying attention to anyone who is dumb enough to post complete horseshit on this topic, well ya kinda deserve it. Now having said that, give me other reasons to flick someone and you know that I'm not shy with the scythe. Hell, I'm permanently holding one!

While you're here, what happened to Jack?

The place is better without him, but we're not used to the place being too nice.

On 4/9/2021 at 5:34 PM, Editor said:

I concur, and this is probably the reason why so many (including myself) have BE and KSFB on ignore.

Others have simply stopped posting and mostly reading here (again, including myself), which is a pity because we had pretty knowledgeable people posting here when first hand information was rare. They, too, have mostly stopped posting. A few brave souls still take the time to kneecap the bullshitters, so kudos to them!

Sadly though, in the ways the internet works their efforts are mostly wasted. Unless that garbage is disposed of, the crawlers of Google, Facebook, Twitter and so on still see this shit and add another +1 to it's "relevance" which will result in feeding it to the unwashed masses out there. You know, the unmasked, Capitol raiding kind. :)

But of course this is your operation, your business, with your good name attached to it.

So it is also your decision to have halfwits or outright trolls redecorate your ship with feces.

Best, Grog

• Like 3
On 4/10/2021 at 8:54 AM, Ease the sheet. said:

While you're here, what happened to Jack?

The place is better without him, but we're not used to the place being too nice.

Skeleton at computer - Album on Imgur

• Like 2