Excited new EP is gonna drop soon

our band's debut EP is getting closer to completion.  Excited about this one, as I think the music is real good.

Here's the cover:

439974369_albumcover_v3.png.e5b816e33e1016182b9e8556f72ad39c.png

• Like 4

Which one is you?

• Like 1

Mandolin. Heh heh That gig Inwas playing with what I thought was the flu. I was miserable. In retrospect I think it was first bout with the rona. 

7 minutes ago, dacapo said:

Mandolin. Heh heh That gig Inwas playing with what I thought was the flu. I was miserable. In retrospect I think it was first bout with the rona. 

pretty cool Cap:D

I’ve been keeping a written diary of the process of recording this from writing the songs and rehearsing to finding a producer and recording studio and recording and starting the mixing process at some point I’ll put it down it’s very interesting to say the least for those who don’t completely understand the entire process other than listen to your favorite music on the radio and go to Apple tunes and listening  to it there’s 1 billion steps in between  

• Like 1

It's good to put a face to a name (Sometimes).

3 hours ago, dacapo said:

I’ve been keeping a written diary of the process of recording this from writing the songs and rehearsing to finding a producer and recording studio and recording and starting the mixing process at some point I’ll put it down it’s very interesting to say the least for those who don’t completely understand the entire process other than listen to your favorite music on the radio and go to Apple tunes and listening  to it there’s 1 billion steps in between  

PB cane helpe you turne "life experinences" into a booke licke he didde.........                                                  :)

5 hours ago, dacapo said:

BFA8183C-E6A5-4618-BE53-022B23E437C9.jpeg.01e570581ffedbae4ce379d2bb0cb4b6.jpeg

Gotthat "Little Steven" VanZandt look goin on there with the doo rag!

Is that a Gibson F-4 Mandolin?

8 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Is that a Gibson F-4 Mandolin?

No. 
I play a custom Kim Breedlove (Bend Oregon) made 11 years ago

A 1921 CF martin A Flat 

and a new Northfield Big Mon ( F5)

and not for this record but the next one

Eastman octave mandolin

6DECC7FD-9841-4870-A260-2E79F49A8AB2.thumb.jpeg.48cc741f454100e49671723d0acbb3e7.jpeg

the CF Martin AF. No. 6 knows this baby well. It was his grandfathers. It is sweet. I had it repaired and restored. Not a bluegrass mandolin per se, but perfect for one of our songs. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Mid said:

that's be me , subscriber #11 ....

I wrote the melody and orchestrated that   CMe up with the whiskey concept  Banjo player wrote the lyrics.  The recorded version that’s on the ep is phenomenal 

that  was our first time together since covid Shut things down. We didn’t even see each other for like 5 months. And then we did a Facebook live gig in the guitar players backyard to try and shake the rust off. 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, dacapo said:

6DECC7FD-9841-4870-A260-2E79F49A8AB2.thumb.jpeg.48cc741f454100e49671723d0acbb3e7.jpeg

the CF Martin AF. No. 6 knows this baby well. It was his grandfathers. It is sweet. I had it repaired and restored. Not a bluegrass mandolin per se, but perfect for one of our songs. 

its actually a CF Martin AK flattop

• 4 weeks later...

No link available.

I'm waiting with sardine breath..... Ummm...... I mean baited breath..... Err..... Bated..... That's what I mean.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I hate delays specially when they’re of my own doing

I am not the most artistic technically savvy person and screwed up a couple times with our digital streaming company to get our EP out well that’s done and over with

A week from Tuesday are a BBP will be on all streaming media for sale purchase or just plan on listening and here’s our first single poor boy

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Sweete!  Thack you.                                   :)

Thanks snaggs. FYI we’re playing the yralis championships at riverside next month :D

On 4/5/2021 at 6:50 AM, dacapo said:

its actually a CF Martin AK flattop

It is indeedie an AK Flat. New they sold for around $12 and now worth like 200 times that. Although it has a substantial sound box, it is not particularly loud nor twangie.

BTW I have been selling bootlegs of the EP in Washington Square Park for the past 3 months!
You can thank me later Dacapon.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, quod umbra said:

It is indeedie an AK Flat. New they sold for around $12 and now worth like 200 times that. Although it has a substantial sound box, it is not particularly loud nor twangie.

BTW I have been selling bootlegs of the EP in Washington Square Park for the past 3 months!

I bought one from a Rasta guy along with a bag of weed last week :P

• Like 1
5 hours ago, quod umbra said:

but it sounds perfect on the old timey song we wrote called Little Lost Soul

Curiously AK Flat mandolins, their bodies were built in a jig. So the bodies are all the same. The necks are all slightly different as they were built out of whatever scraps of wood Martin had laying around the shop.
Years ago I took the instrument to CF Martin in Nazareth, PA right down the road from where my Brother lived. When we walked into the factory and  the receptionist summoned all the craftsmen out into the lobby to see our Mandolin. They were all fascinated by it and checked it out as to how it was crafted, the workmanship. We were then treated to a tour of the whole facility including the museum. There was another AK Flat in one of the show cases and you could see the differences in the neck and head. But what really caught their eye was the case we had. It was in near pristine condition which they thought was quite exceptional and rare.
I struggled with giving this family heirloom to Dacapon. But in retrospect I knew I had done right by Grand Dad and the Mandolin as Michael has treated her with the care and respect the instrument deserved. I could not be more pleased that he has included her in one of his lovely recordings.
Thank you my friend.

• Like 1

ps...I FUCKING hate red tape ;-) 

the closer we get to the release, the more shit I need to fill out.

ASCAP info

fed. tax id info

business account info

individual writers signed forms for royalties  to be collected 

nbot to mention that we still have to deal with our LLC and get info into newspapers and all the other BS they want from us.

for each streaming site, we need to create a personal band site............fuck me there are over 20 digital streaming sites that our recording is going on...they think I fucking sit at a desk with a computer all day ? Im on the goddam water teaching sailing all day...sonofabitch   (1st world problems but i'm hangry and only have 1 beer left in the fridge) 

dacapon

On 7/14/2021 at 10:55 PM, dacapo said:

ASCAP info

fed. tax id info

business account info

nbot to mention that we still have to deal with our LLC and get info into newspapers and all the other BS they want from us.

for each streaming site, we need to create a personal band site............fuck me there are over 20 digital streaming sites that our recording is going on...they think I fucking sit at a desk with a computer all day ? Im on the goddam water teaching sailing all day...sonofabitch   (1st world problems but i'm hangry and only have 1 beer left in the fridge) 

dacapon

what animalles our they concernned abote?

On 7/14/2021 at 10:55 PM, dacapo said:

ASCAP info

fed. tax id info

business account info

dacapon

Blah, blah, blah....
The price of fame my friend.
Don't you have people to handle all this shit for you???
Cut me in for some royalties and I'll handle all this stuff.
All as I need is everybody's social security info, bank info, date of birth and Mother's maiden name and I should be all set!

Wait a second, it's a bluegrass band, never mind........
Let me know when you get into pop music.
I hear Britney Spears might be available for singing lead.

On 7/12/2021 at 3:04 PM, dacapo said:

I hate delays specially when they’re of my own doing

I am not the most artistic technically savvy person and screwed up a couple times with our digital streaming company to get our EP out well that’s done and over with

A week from Tuesday are a BBP will be on all streaming media for sale purchase or just plan on listening and here’s our first single poor boy

Dang!

That's good, really good... wish you luck with getting it out there, IMHO you deserve success

- DSK

9 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Dang!

That's good, really good... wish you luck with getting it out there, IMHO you deserve success

- DSK

i'd be thankful for a day off and some wind later today for a boat race ;-) 

• Like 1