THAT DAMN REPUBLICAN CANCEL CULTURE

Hours before Rangers home opener, Gov. Abbott says he won't throw out first pitch

ARLINGTON, Texas — Hours before the Texas Rangers were set to have Texas Gov. Greg Abbott throw out the ceremonial first pitch for the first home opener at the new Globe Life Field stadium, the governor announced he would no longer participate in any Major League Baseball events, including Monday's game. 

The governor also said the state of Texas would not "not seek to host the All-Star game or any other MLB special events" and sent a letter to the Rangers explaining his decision. 

Abbott said his announcement was in reaction to the league's decision to move its 2021 All-Star game and Draft from Atlanta after Georgia passed a controversial new voting law that critics say will support voter suppression while proponents argue the law will uphold "election integrity."

Read more: https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/politics/texas-rangers-home-opener-gov-greg-abbott-says-wont-throw-out-first-pitch-texas-wont-host-any-mlb-events/287-8d3eec7e-3e21-4c6b-9f7b-a92207227e68 

Garsh! That's gonna hep his conomie....

23 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Hours before Rangers home opener, Gov. Abbott says he won't throw out first pitch

ARLINGTON, Texas — Hours before the Texas Rangers were set to have Texas Gov. Greg Abbott throw out the ceremonial first pitch for the first home opener at the new Globe Life Field stadium, the governor announced he would no longer participate in any Major League Baseball events, including Monday's game. 

The governor also said the state of Texas would not "not seek to host the All-Star game or any other MLB special events" and sent a letter to the Rangers explaining his decision. 

Abbott said his announcement was in reaction to the league's decision to move its 2021 All-Star game and Draft from Atlanta after Georgia passed a controversial new voting law that critics say will support voter suppression while proponents argue the law will uphold "election integrity."

Read more: https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/politics/texas-rangers-home-opener-gov-greg-abbott-says-wont-throw-out-first-pitch-texas-wont-host-any-mlb-events/287-8d3eec7e-3e21-4c6b-9f7b-a92207227e68 

Maybe the MLB could make a compromise.

They could ban mask wearing at the game.   And black people. 

10 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Maybe the MLB could make a compromise.

They could ban mask wearing at the game.   And black people. 

I think Abbot has already chosen his hill to die on. If he had half a brain he would have shown up wearing a Hank Aaron jersey with a MLB All Star Patch.

Might be fun to watch Tucker try to get it over the plate..... W/o a bounce...

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Not to make light of his disability but I think this has more to do with him not being able to toss a baseball sixty feet.

At this point I could probably lob one 60', but I'd also probably be in the hospital with another fractured vertebrae w/in an hour or so.

I used to be able to sizzle them in at a blistering 45MPH up until my early 40s..... Well.... Maybe mid 30s....

50 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

The best example of Republican cancel culture you will see today. After telling the world to boycott Coke, look what he had hiding behind his phone today.

If that's a glass bottle, it likely came from Mexico, I believe.

42 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

If that's a glass bottle, it likely came from Mexico, I believe.

It looks like glass, the Mexican soft drinks use raw sugar and a lot more of it. Right up Trump’s alley. He also could have pilfered it from one of the Mar a Lago housekeepers.

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

It looks like glass, the Mexican soft drinks use raw sugar and a lot more of it. Right up Trump’s alley. He also could have pilfered it from one of the Mar a Lago housekeepers.

What do they put in Diet Coke from Mexico?  Wouldn't be sugar.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

What do they put in Diet Coke from Mexico?  Wouldn't be sugar.

Custom export with anything you want. Adderall, cocaine, (Jr's favorite), botox, (you know who), overnight shipping too!

I am curious when are the R’s gonna cancel themselves?

Seems like they’re well on the way..........vote for the lunatics far right of right....

It’ll be just fine.....really or maybe not.

12 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

EDE8573F-ECC7-46DF-9A9D-48C47DC10742.jpeg

That's cute and of course I love the emojis however the terms "boycott" and "cancel culture" are not interchangeable, half-wit.  

Cancel culture (or call-out culture) is a modern form of ostracism in which someone is thrust out of social or professional circles – whether it be online, on social media, or in person.

A boycott is an act of nonviolent, voluntary and intentional abstention from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest, usually for moral, social, political, or environmental reasons.

You should paste this on your forehead.  :D

11 hours ago, Venom said:

That's cute and of course I love the emojis however the terms "boycott" and "cancel culture" are not interchangeable, half-wit.  

Cancel culture (or call-out culture) is a modern form of ostracism in which someone is thrust out of social or professional circles – whether it be online, on social media, or in person.

A boycott is an act of nonviolent, voluntary and intentional abstention from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest, usually for moral, social, political, or environmental reasons.

Methinks you doth protest too much.

Save your crocodile tears for the pedophiles and religious full-hate half wits your team keeps electing. You need to conserve your strength & faux rage for where it counts.

Keep fighting your self-righteous bullshit fight! You’re doing jus’ fine.

7 minutes ago, phillysailor said:
11 hours ago, Venom said:

Expand  

Save your crocodile tears for the pedophiles and religious full-hate half wits your team keeps electing. You need to conserve your strength & faux rage for where it counts.

So, all of the corporations and organizations who are choosing to not do business with Georgia are boycotting.  And, Venom is okay with that.

48 minutes ago, phillysailor said:
12 hours ago, Venom said:

Expand   Expand  Expand  

Who gave all those polysyllables to Vermin?

I'm surprised any literate person would have that much to do with that idiot piece of trash.

7 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

That's awesome.  A plagiarist swiping material from Wikipedia of all places, while calling any other living creature a half-wit. I suppose it's better than Conservapedia, but it comes off a bit like Matt Gaetz calling someone else unchaste. 

• Like 1

Regardless all this political hoo-ha, the folks at Coors' Field and Sandlot Brewery are happy, they just got the unbelievable windfall of the 2021 All-Star game.

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That's awesome.  A plagiarist swiping material from Wikipedia of all places, while calling any other living creature a half-wit. I suppose it's better than Conservapedia, but it comes off a bit like Matt Gaetz calling someone else unchaste. 

While the cut and paste made it look like he has half a brain, at least he threw in the emoticon at the end to remind us all that he's still an idiot. 

14 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Save your crocodile tears for the pedophiles and religious full-hate half wits your team keeps electing.

Not my team, fuck-wit. 

14 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

So, all of the corporations and organizations who are choosing to not do business with Georgia are boycotting.  And, Venom is okay with that.

Like when predominantly black Atlanta lost out on more than $100 million in revenue when the MLB decided to move the All-Star game to majority white Denver?

8 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

If he has any integrity, he'll take a voluntary time-out.

I'll be here, all week.  Try the veal.

OR use his other sock...