Jump to content

Recommended Posts

White Evangelical Resistance Is Obstacle in Vaccination Effort

Stephanie Nana, an evangelical Christian in Edmond, Okla., refused to get a Covid-19 vaccine because she believed it contained “aborted cell tissue.”

Nathan French, who leads a nondenominational ministry in Tacoma, Wash., said he received a divine message that God was the ultimate healer and deliverer: “The vaccine is not the savior.”

Lauri Armstrong, a Bible-believing nutritionist outside of Dallas, said she did not need the vaccine because God designed the body to heal itself, if given the right nutrients. More than that, she said, “It would be God’s will if I am here or if I am not here.”

The opposition is rooted in a mix of religious faith and a longstanding wariness of mainstream science, and it is fueled by broader cultural distrust of institutions and gravitation to online conspiracy theories. The sheer size of the community poses a major problem for the country’s ability to recover from a pandemic that has resulted in the deaths of half a million Americans. And evangelical ideas and instincts have a way of spreading, even internationally.

There are about 41 million white evangelical adults in the U.S. About 45 percent said in late February that they would not get vaccinated against Covid-19, making them among the least likely demographic groups to do so, according to the Pew Research Center.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I respect their rats. Let them abstain. Get everyone vaccinated who wants a vaccine, and open things up. Let Darwin sort the rest out. 

For anyone who thinks that this is not a big deal if you are in a "low risk" group, you are mistaken and dangerously so. I am 52 and was very healthy coming into this, no risk factors at all. I s

ATLANTA, GA—In a surprise announcement today, the CDC revised its guidelines on social distancing. Vaccinated people can now ignore social distancing if needed in order to punch an unvaccinated person

Posted Images

1 hour ago, hobie1616 said:

White Evangelical Resistance Is Obstacle in Vaccination Effort

Stephanie Nana, an evangelical Christian in Edmond, Okla., refused to get a Covid-19 vaccine because she believed it contained “aborted cell tissue.”

Nathan French, who leads a nondenominational ministry in Tacoma, Wash., said he received a divine message that God was the ultimate healer and deliverer: “The vaccine is not the savior.”

Lauri Armstrong, a Bible-believing nutritionist outside of Dallas, said she did not need the vaccine because God designed the body to heal itself, if given the right nutrients. More than that, she said, “It would be God’s will if I am here or if I am not here.”

The opposition is rooted in a mix of religious faith and a longstanding wariness of mainstream science, and it is fueled by broader cultural distrust of institutions and gravitation to online conspiracy theories. The sheer size of the community poses a major problem for the country’s ability to recover from a pandemic that has resulted in the deaths of half a million Americans. And evangelical ideas and instincts have a way of spreading, even internationally.

There are about 41 million white evangelical adults in the U.S. About 45 percent said in late February that they would not get vaccinated against Covid-19, making them among the least likely demographic groups to do so, according to the Pew Research Center.

Mental illness is, regrettably, one of the diseases that is highly vaccine resistant.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hobie1616 said:

White Evangelical Resistance Is Obstacle in Vaccination Effort

Stephanie Nana, an evangelical Christian in Edmond, Okla., refused to get a Covid-19 vaccine because she believed it contained “aborted cell tissue.”

Nathan French, who leads a nondenominational ministry in Tacoma, Wash., said he received a divine message that God was the ultimate healer and deliverer: “The vaccine is not the savior.”

Lauri Armstrong, a Bible-believing nutritionist outside of Dallas, said she did not need the vaccine because God designed the body to heal itself, if given the right nutrients. More than that, she said, “It would be God’s will if I am here or if I am not here.”

The opposition is rooted in a mix of religious faith and a longstanding wariness of mainstream science, and it is fueled by broader cultural distrust of institutions and gravitation to online conspiracy theories. The sheer size of the community poses a major problem for the country’s ability to recover from a pandemic that has resulted in the deaths of half a million Americans. And evangelical ideas and instincts have a way of spreading, even internationally.

There are about 41 million white evangelical adults in the U.S. About 45 percent said in late February that they would not get vaccinated against Covid-19, making them among the least likely demographic groups to do so, according to the Pew Research Center.

Vaccine passport, mandatory to enter any commerical or government building that has the capacity of more than 5 people in it, country wide.

Then these idiotic religious fruitcakes can fuck off somewhere else if they don't like it.  But they won't be schooling, shopping, or going to events with the rest of us.  Have your stupid religions all you like.  Just don't use it as an excuse to endanger the rest of us.

Enact fines through the public health department if businesses don't follow the rules.  Revoke their business license, and fine their owners.  Hire 10,000 people immediately to just walk into stores with bodycams and no masks and verify businesses are enforcing the rules.  Pay 'em a 15 dollar / hour minimum wage.  Repeated violations result in escalating penalties, including jail time for the owner.  Period.

Police departments who are choosing not in enforce this will be arrested by the Federal Government.

I don't know how much of this is legal - but it's time to start looking into it.  Why?

image.png.b5659bcc7078c8d4b04580410bb2fce1.png

This is ridiculous.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The trouble is, even if only one of them survives, that person will declare indisputably that  divine intervention works and untold thousands of morons will suddenly get religion.

If only there were more testimonials to all the divine failures.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

as if there needs to be yet another entirely valid reason to say 'fuck right-wingers', they go and do it aginn..

that's all I've got. jesus tittyfucking krist, amen..

seriously, until they pull their heads out, yea, fuck 'em.  shrug

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Mental illness is, regrettably, one of the diseases that is highly vaccine resistant.

those with diagnosable mental illnesses deserve more credit than that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, the idiots will not only kill themselves, but also kill a lot of people who would like to have the vax, but can't get it for one reason oranother. Kinda like a Buck deer. One buck can fuck a few dozen does. One idiot anti-vaxer can infect hundreds or more innocent people. Masks don't protect the people wearing them, so much as they protect the people who aren't wearing them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Vaccine passport, mandatory to enter any commerical or government building that has the capacity of more than 5 people in it, country wide.

Then these idiotic religious fruitcakes can fuck off somewhere else if they don't like it.  But they won't be schooling, shopping, or going to events with the rest of us.  Have your stupid religions all you like.  Just don't use it as an excuse to endanger the rest of us.

Enact fines through the public health department if businesses don't follow the rules.  Revoke their business license, and fine their owners.  Hire 10,000 people immediately to just walk into stores with bodycams and no masks and verify businesses are enforcing the rules.  Pay 'em a 15 dollar / hour minimum wage.  Repeated violations result in escalating penalties, including jail time for the owner.  Period.

Police departments who are choosing not in enforce this will be arrested by the Federal Government.

I don't know how much of this is legal - but it's time to start looking into it.  Why?

image.png.b5659bcc7078c8d4b04580410bb2fce1.png

This is ridiculous.

It’s an interesting idea, but I could imagine that starting the civil war that Trump tried to start. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I respect their rats. Let them abstain. Get everyone vaccinated who wants a vaccine, and open things up. Let Darwin sort the rest out. 

sometimes, Darwin doesn't move fast enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Unfortunately, the idiots will not only kill themselves, but also kill a lot of people who would like to have the vax, but can't get it for one reason oranother. Kinda like a Buck deer. One buck can fuck a few dozen does. One idiot anti-vaxer can infect hundreds or more innocent people. Masks don't protect the people wearing them, so much as they protect the people who aren't wearing them.

It’s going to be an international struggle to figure out how to contain this, travel restrictions will force a certain group, but those that don’t and don’t want won’t care.  The same for rural areas as, I can’t see it being enforced. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the solution is to tell these fucking morons that there is now an "Anti-vaccine" shot available, and just plug them full of Covid19 virus. Those that live, it is god's will, those that die, well it was their time......

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I respect their rats. Let them abstain. Get everyone vaccinated who wants a vaccine, and open things up. Let Darwin sort the rest out. 

Yup.  I've said this a couple of times here and I hate myself a tiny bit for thinking this way..... but I do hope all the covid deniers, the maskless and vaxless all meet an untimely & unpleasant death.  Because I'm betting a significant % of them contributed to the continued spread of the pandemic and prevented it from being contained earlier.  Blood is directly on their hands.  

I am curious though Sol..... does your ire also apply to the over half of blacks who are likely to refuse the vaccine too?   

Quote

(CNN)More than half of Black adults in the US remain hesitant to get the Covid-19 vaccine and experts say new data underscores the need to prioritize equitable access and redouble efforts to build trust within communities.

I understand why they might be hesitant.  But is that a valid excuse to put the rest of us at risk?  I thought science was supposed to guide us, not myths and past history?

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Maybe the solution is to tell these fucking morons that there is now an "Anti-vaccine" shot available, and just plug them full of Covid19 virus. Those that live, it is god's will, those that die, well it was their time......

It could be done as mass entertainment:  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Vaccine passport, mandatory to enter any commerical or government building that has the capacity of more than 5 people in it, country wide.

Then these idiotic religious fruitcakes can fuck off somewhere else if they don't like it.  But they won't be schooling, shopping, or going to events with the rest of us.  Have your stupid religions all you like.  Just don't use it as an excuse to endanger the rest of us.

Enact fines through the public health department if businesses don't follow the rules.  Revoke their business license, and fine their owners.  Hire 10,000 people immediately to just walk into stores with bodycams and no masks and verify businesses are enforcing the rules.  Pay 'em a 15 dollar / hour minimum wage.  Repeated violations result in escalating penalties, including jail time for the owner.  Period.

Police departments who are choosing not in enforce this will be arrested by the Federal Government.

I don't know how much of this is legal - but it's time to start looking into it.  Why?

image.png.b5659bcc7078c8d4b04580410bb2fce1.png

This is ridiculous.

I'm not only OK with your proposal above, but I actually endorse it.  Does this also apply to blacks and latinos who are vaccine adverse and don't end up getting vaccinated?  Or do they get a waiver?  Now THAT would be a SJWNJ conundrum of epic proportions.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Yup.  I've said this a couple of times here and I hate myself a tiny bit for thinking this way..... but I do hope all the covid deniers, the maskless and vaxless all meet an untimely & unpleasant death.  Because I'm betting a significant % of them contributed to the continued spread of the pandemic and prevented it from being contained earlier.  Blood is directly on their hands.  

I am curious though Sol..... does your ire also apply to the over half of blacks who are likely to refuse the vaccine too?   

I understand why they might be hesitant.  But is that a valid excuse to put the rest of us at risk?  I thought science was supposed to guide us, not myths and past history?

Why would I feel any different about black people who deny science? This isn’t a racial issue to me, it is a public health issue. Let them take their chances too. That said, they ARE different from the folks who politicized a virus as a way to divide the public and the goobers who fell for that BS. They have historical reasons for mistrust. It doesn’t excuse them imo but it is a different motivation than the But Muh Rats crowd. 
 

The only group I would wish Covid on are those who raised doubts about the vaccines and then got vaccinated themselves. There is not enough harm in the world to match what those assholes deserve. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Yup.  I've said this a couple of times here and I hate myself a tiny bit for thinking this way..... but I do hope all the covid deniers, the maskless and vaxless all meet an untimely & unpleasant death.  Because I'm betting a significant % of them contributed to the continued spread of the pandemic and prevented it from being contained earlier.  Blood is directly on their hands.  

I am curious though Sol..... does your ire also apply to the over half of blacks who are likely to refuse the vaccine too?   

I understand why they might be hesitant.  But is that a valid excuse to put the rest of us at risk?  I thought science was supposed to guide us, not myths and past history?

Reasons are different from excuses.  Hesitancy from having been treated as unsuspecting medical test subjects is not the same as taking "guidance" from a blow-hard god-pusher.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Left Shift said:

Reasons are different from excuses.  Hesitancy from having been treated as unsuspecting medical test subjects is not the same as taking "guidance" from a blow-hard god-pusher.  

Agree, but at the same time, unless you have a pre-existing condition that doesn’t allow you to be vaccinated, like less than 2 years old or leukemia and waiting for a white blood cell donor, then the rules be the rules. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like these guys were right.

(Some) People are a waste of food.

People are a waste of food
Don't bother learning Chinese
Thou shalt find oneself perturbed
By less verbose calamities
Just get some Heinz baked beans,
A 12 gauge, bandolier and tinned dog food
We'll eat your dog, bury our dead
Or eat them instead
That's entirely up to you
And oh my,
I hear the sound of unshod hooves come the middle of the night
And oh why
Well, from now on 'til your grandkids finally get what you deserve
I'm going to be stuck here with you wookies
Eating fortune cookies
Until my guts churn
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

And once again our resident least racist poster interjects racism into a topic. 

It never ends.

It hasn't turned into a g*n thread yet, blessed be.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

Yup.  I've said this a couple of times here and I hate myself a tiny bit for thinking this way..... but I do hope all the covid deniers, the maskless and vaxless all meet an untimely & unpleasant death.  Because I'm betting a significant % of them contributed to the continued spread of the pandemic and prevented it from being contained earlier.  Blood is directly on their hands.  

I am curious though Sol..... does your ire also apply to the over half of blacks who are likely to refuse the vaccine too?   

I understand why they might be hesitant.  But is that a valid excuse to put the rest of us at risk?  I thought science was supposed to guide us, not myths and past history?

Deny all government services until vaccinated.  Time to throw down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I respect their rats. Let them abstain. Get everyone vaccinated who wants a vaccine, and open things up. Let Darwin sort the rest out. 

Yup. They are going to get it too. The vaxes just protect us from serious illness, really, with viruses there is no eliminating them. The best we can hope for (and this will be enough) is that when everybody is vaxed or has recovered on their own (the natural vaccination) at it's worst this bug will just be another cold bug.  

  When it gets in vaccinated people they will still be spreading bits of it around for awhile, even if they themselves have only mild or no symptoms, so when everybody stops wearing masks and shit because hardly anyone is going to the hospital anymore everybody is going to get it, just a matter of time.    

  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

I'm not only OK with your proposal above, but I actually endorse it.  Does this also apply to blacks and latinos who are vaccine adverse and don't end up getting vaccinated?  Or do they get a waiver?  Now THAT would be a SJWNJ conundrum of epic proportions.  

I live in a fairly rural, very "Red" part of North central Florida. I have a small amount of friends here, mostly because I'm not a very social person, and also because I'm kind of new to the area, only having lived here for 6 years or so.

 But.... Most of the acquaintances I have are very conservative. Most of them are serious Trumpists. A few are moderately liberal, but in New England they'd be considered conservatives. The black and Latino/a people I know don't talk about politics at all. But..... Every one of those black and Latino/a people say they're getting the vax ASAP. The Trumpists, especially the younger ones.... "No way! It's all a hoax! If I haven't caught it by now I never will" Or "If it's God's will that I should die, then I'll die."....

 No consideration of "If it's God's will that I contract the virus and kill off all my family and friends,then that's God's will"....:rolleyes:

Like I've said before on this subject, the stupid is very strong around here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

so, we are over a year, and almost 2.9 million deaths into this........  three weeks ago we added a new member to my family. we got lucky and saved a terrier/shepherd pup from the pound. she is three months two weeks old. she is now house broken....... i went to Lowes today. i saw three full grown fucking idiots not wearing their masks right. easier to train a pup than a person.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The only group I would wish Covid on are those who raised doubts about the vaccines and then got vaccinated themselves. There is not enough harm in the world to match what those assholes deserve. 

^^^^^^ This.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, basketcase said:

so, we are over a year, and almost 2.9 million deaths into this........  three weeks ago we added a new member to my family. we got lucky and saved a terrier/shepherd pup from the pound. she is three months two weeks old. she is now house broken....... i went to Lowes today. i saw three full grown fucking idiots not wearing their masks right. easier to train a pup than a person.

We’ve got a Covid puppy. It’s awesome. Congrats

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm good with vaccine passports. Retail businesses can then decide whether to restrict their customers or not. Vaccinated customers can decide which businesses to frequent. Unvaccinated customers can only go to the businesses that allow them.

I'll add that the small percentage of people with medical conditions that don't allow them to be vaccinated can have an exemption passport.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

We’ve got a Covid puppy. It’s awesome. Congrats

Us too. Although my wife probably should have thought a little more about this before she went to pick him up while I was in the hospital for spinal surgery.

 He's a good boy, for a boneheaded puppy. The last few weeks he's decided we need an underground parking garage under the driveway.... I see concrete work in the future..... Not too distant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Us too. Although my wife probably should have thought a little more about this before she went to pick him up while I was in the hospital for spinal surgery.

 He's a good boy, for a boneheaded puppy. The last few weeks he's decided we need an underground parking garage under the driveway.... I see concrete work in the future..... Not too distant.

I think you're a little old to start a pyramid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I think you're a little old to start a pyramid.

Even inverted?

 (I was thinking of just paving the entire 20 acres, and renting out spaces for RVs....)

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Us too. Although my wife probably should have thought a little more about this before she went to pick him up while I was in the hospital for spinal surgery.

 He's a good boy, for a boneheaded puppy. The last few weeks he's decided we need an underground parking garage under the driveway.... I see concrete work in the future..... Not too distant.

still easier to train then people. gawd people are fucking stupid. just put the fucking mask over your mouth AND nose. jfc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Reasons are different from excuses.  Hesitancy from having been treated as unsuspecting medical test subjects is not the same as taking "guidance" from a blow-hard god-pusher.  

I get that. But if the end result is the same, does it matter?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I respect their rats. Let them abstain. Get everyone vaccinated who wants a vaccine, and open things up. Let Darwin sort the rest out. 

Unfortunately for the rats they can't forcibly inject people yet.

9 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Deny all government services until vaccinated.  Time to throw down. 

 

4ostox.jpg

 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Venom said:

 

 

4ostox.jpg

 

I think it's very nice that the Nazi is sharing his vax card with the civilians.  He sets a good example for everyone.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 4:24 PM, d'ranger said:

And once again our resident least racist poster interjects racism into a topic. 

It never ends.

Wtf is racist about pointing out FACTS that blacks are vaxx hesitant and asking if the ire Sol and the rest of you feels for people who refuse to get vaccinated also extends to them?  Or do they get a pass because of their black skin and the hatred is only allowed for white men?  
 

nothing whatsoever racist about that question.  Someone needs to get through their thinking fucking head that not every question or comment that doesn’t conform to your SJWNJ talking points is racist. In fact I would submit that YOUR post attempting to shut down any conversation about the topic IS in fact the racist one. As evadent. 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2021 at 3:46 AM, Venom said:

Unfortunately for the rats they can't forcibly inject people yet.

 

4ostox.jpg

 

I'm looking forward to the days of reckoning for all of you idiots who stand in the way of progress.  Like trying to book a flight across the country, and being told something along the lines of: "Not vaccinated?  Sorry.... I guess you'll just have to fucking drive."

You should start saving now for tires and maintenance on the Yugo.  I think you're gonna need it.  And NO speeding.  You get caught doing that and a cop will pull you over and ask to see your license.  You know.... Like a Nazi.

Link to post
Share on other sites

By the numbers: 41% of Republicans say they don't plan to get a vaccine if it's available to them. Only 33% say they do plan to get vaccinated.

https://www.axios.com/republicans-coronavirus-vaccine-hesitancy-023bf32f-3d68-4206-b906-4f701b87c39f.html

2021-02-24-vaccine-skepticism-tablet.png

Since no names were given in the post I have to guess if someone is triggered or I hit a nerve.

  • 70% of Democrats and a plurality of independents (47%) say they plan to get vaccinated.
  • White Americans are now less likely than Black and Latino Americans to say they plan to get the vaccine.   Guess which group is Republicans in the graph - hint: pick red.
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

By the numbers: 41% of Republicans say they don't plan to get a vaccine if it's available to them. Only 33% say they do plan to get vaccinated.

https://www.axios.com/republicans-coronavirus-vaccine-hesitancy-023bf32f-3d68-4206-b906-4f701b87c39f.html

2021-02-24-vaccine-skepticism-tablet.png

Since no names were given in the post I have to guess if someone is triggered or I hit a nerve.

  • 70% of Democrats and a plurality of independents (47%) say they plan to get vaccinated.
  • White Americans are now less likely than Black and Latino Americans to say they plan to get the vaccine.   Guess which group is Republicans in the graph - hint: pick red.

Darwin, Chuckles. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Out here in CA, folks are fleeing the Bay Area to places like Fresno. Well, fleeing might not be the right word. Driving to Fresno, our version of Dumbfuckistan, getting the more easily available shot and then driving back home to civilization. Maybe they get some raisins too.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/leaving-sf-Bay-Area-vaccine-excess-supply-rural-16083960.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-CP-Spotlight

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Corona trenches of the Midwest . .  Ohio 

Since the Reich does not believe in science or the knowledge gained from it . . 

they have made their Corona pandemic responses political from the get-go:

masking, vaccines, etc. - they reject anything that comes from the health policy experts. 

How can any country deal with pandemics without science ?? 

I think we know the answer to that . .  

https://norwalkreflector.com/news/313796/legislators-align-with-anti-vaxxers/

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Under the bill, governments, schools and private businesses could still impose a vaccine requirement. However, the bill would force them to exempt anyone who submits in writing a claim of medical contraindication, “natural immunity,” or “reasons of conscience, including religious conviction.”

Are claims of medical contraindication, natural immunity, or reasons of conscience high falutin' words that mean stoopid?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

“reasons of conscience, including religious conviction.”

which of course can mean any thin rationale whatsoever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Wtf is racist about pointing out FACTS that blacks are vaxx hesitant and asking if the ire Sol and the rest of you feels for people who refuse to get vaccinated also extends to them?  Or do they get a pass because of their black skin and the hatred is only allowed for white men?  
 

nothing whatsoever racist about that question.  Someone needs to get through their thinking fucking head that not every question or comment that doesn’t conform to your SJWNJ talking points is racist. In fact I would submit that YOUR post attempting to shut down any conversation about the topic IS in fact the racist one. As evadent. 

Hmm, brings up blacks as a group, wonders why that’s racist. Could’ve said “inner city poor” or poor in general. Chose not too. Why?

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Darwin, Chuckles. 

Republicans really do want to kill their constituents. Quite amazing really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Republicans really do want to kill their constituents. Quite amazing really.

Well, the 2A does have a trigger clause for end of life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Out here in CA, folks are fleeing the Bay Area to places like Fresno. Well, fleeing might not be the right word. Driving to Fresno, our version of Dumbfuckistan, getting the more easily available shot and then driving back home to civilization. Maybe they get some raisins too.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/leaving-sf-Bay-Area-vaccine-excess-supply-rural-16083960.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-CP-Spotlight

 

Got Mine in the hippy commune of Santa Cruz, next Tuesday for the 2nd.  SO is in Santa Cruz right now waiting the 15 minutes to see if she’ll die of anaphylaxis. Guessing no as she’s texting me to get stamps and unclog the kids toilet 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Raz'r said:

Hmm, brings up blacks as a group, wonders why that’s racist. Could’ve said “inner city poor” or poor in general. Chose not too. Why?

Perhaps because he actually has some reason to do it.  The racism inherent in all of this is that for decades Black populations have been used as unknowing medical test subjects by Federal and local medical institutions, including the infamous syphilis experiments.  So, as a collective group, they are deeply suspicious of governmentally "recommended" medical treatment. 

This is not to say that, from reading his posts, Burning Man doesn't have some serious issues with discrimination.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

which of course can mean any thin rationale whatsoever. 

I'm dating a woman who is a Professor (Department Head) at a local university.  They have done things remotely this school year but are making plans to return to the classroom next fall.  They are making vaccinations a condition of attending classes.  However, they recognize that some students may have medical reasons for not being vaccinated or religious convictions against vaccination.  They plan to accept these and excuse them, but not on face value.  Those seeking exemption will have to do a fair amount of legwork to be excused.  This will not be a simple check a box and you're good to go.  Ergo, no 'thin rationales'.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to take vax shots that are not time tested, are only approved for emergency use, may have GASP SHUDDER side effects.

Just take veterinary medicines instead. At least you won't have worms. But the equine dosage may be a little high unless you live in a flyover state.

https://www.businessinsider.com/people-poisoning-themselves-by-using-horse-medication-for-covid-19-2021-2

https://todaysveterinarynurse.com/articles/what-veterinary-teams-need-to-know-about-ivermectin-and-covid-19/

I just ordered 200 tabs of pepcid off Amazon for when they start taking that again to ward off covid. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I'm dating a woman who is a Professor (Department Head) at a local university.  They have done things remotely this school year but are making plans to return to the classroom next fall.  They are making vaccinations a condition of attending classes.  However, they recognize that some students may have medical reasons for not being vaccinated or religious convictions against vaccination.  They plan to accept these and excuse them, but not on face value.  Those seeking exemption will have to do a fair amount of legwork to be excused.  This will not be a simple check a box and you're good to go.  Ergo, no 'thin rationales'.  

Ought to be at least as rigorous as conscious objector status was for Vietnam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NeedAClew said:

Ought to be at least as rigorous as conscious objector status was for Vietnam.

Unconscious objectors never seem to get anyone's ear.  ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cal20sailor said:

Unconscious objectors never seem to get anyone's ear.  ;)

They didn't have spellcorrect back in the day. Conscientious .... had to type it 3 times to stop autocorrect. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the J&J shot yesterday. I feel sort of crappy today, I hear that is a good sign. In and out of a large convention center in less than 30 minutes.  Fucking amazing operation.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

ATLANTA, GA—In a surprise announcement today, the CDC revised its guidelines on social distancing. Vaccinated people can now ignore social distancing if needed in order to punch an unvaccinated person in the face.

"We highly encourage punching as many unvaccinated people in the face as possible," said Dr. Nancy Messonnier. "We think this will be an effective tool for encouraging many more people to stop resisting the vaccination-- since our science indicates very few people enjoy being punched in the face."

The CDC confirms these new guidelines are "effective immediately," and will be in place until every unvaccinated person has been sufficiently punched.

"If people are still resistant after the first dose of punching, we recommend a second dose-- and in some rare cases-- a third dose, right in the nose," said Messonnier.

The CDC walked back their statement just a few hours later, suggesting that people still try to keep their distance from unvaccinated people by instead bonking them in the head with a long stick.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

They didn't have spellcorrect back in the day. Conscientious .... had to type it 3 times to stop autocorrect. 

Chrome apparently learns your usage. When I typed Dumbfuckistan in my earlier post, Chrome tabbed it out at fu.

Thank you, Google.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimbo Fisher, FB coach at A&M states players getting vaccinated is a personal choice. So what choice does that leave those who are vaccinated? "Uh, coach, not lining up next to or across from those assholes"?  Today at grocery 2 women no mask, one when checking out went around the shield to speak to the cashier in her face - I asked the cashier if she had been vaccinated yet, she said no, that's why I keep wiping everything down. The other one had a cherry red nose.  Can't fix stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Jimbo Fisher, FB coach at A&M states players getting vaccinated is a personal choice. So what choice does that leave those who are vaccinated? "Uh, coach, not lining up next to or across from those assholes"?  Today at grocery 2 women no mask, one when checking out went around the shield to speak to the cashier in her face - I asked the cashier if she had been vaccinated yet, she said no, that's why I keep wiping everything down. The other one had a cherry red nose.  Can't fix stupid.

Maybe she got punched in the beak, as per the CDC guidelines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 12:35 PM, AJ Oliver said:

DPN'T GET THE SHOT !! 

Too late, I already did - got two in fact; 

and so did the Admiral 

I am a vigorous 62 year old male.  When, in 5 years, other vigorous 62 year old males now 67 say they are still vigorous I might consider then getting the vaccine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warbird said:

I am a vigorous 62 year old male.  When, in 5 years, other vigorous 62 year old males now 67 say they are still vigorous I might consider then getting the vaccine.

Get the shot asshole.  I'm 63 and know I don't want a shot at your wife, no offense but if she's fucking you...<off topic, shame on me>.

Science, not politics.  Do you believe in gravity?  If no, I do know of some Lake Michigan cliffs on your side for ready testing.  What basis or rationale do you have to believe the shot(s) will hurt you, or do you just enjoy being an asshole and contributor to the Pandemic.  

I think Foxconn planted a chip, think Terminator and do the right thing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, warbird said:

I am a vigorous 62 year old male.  When, in 5 years, other vigorous 62 year old males now 67 say they are still vigorous I might consider then getting the vaccine.

Your version of the scientific method is pretty funny. Please apply the same logic to virtually all meds and get back to us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cal20sailor said:

Get the shot asshole.  I'm 63 and know I don't want a shot at your wife, no offense but if she's fucking you...<off topic, shame on me>.

Science, not politics.  Do you believe in gravity?  If no, I do know of some Lake Michigan cliffs on your side for ready testing.  What basis or rationale do you have to believe the shot(s) will hurt you, or do you just enjoy being an asshole and contributor to the Pandemic.  

I think Foxconn planted a chip, think Terminator and do the right thing!

Sorry  , I am not gambling with my health.....   I will not bend to virtue signaling from idiots, sorry that you do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Willin&#x27; said:

Your version of the scientific method is pretty funny. Please apply the same logic to virtually all meds and get back to us.

All other meds have years of testing and I do not take any meds anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Willin&#x27; said:

Your version of the scientific method is pretty funny. Please apply the same logic to virtually all meds and get back to us.

I spent years in labs testing hypothisies.  Did you think I was a stupid liberal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warbird said:

All other meds have years of testing and I do not take any meds anyway.

Alcohol is considered by many to be a med, you abstaining?  Say yes and I will have a good laugh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, warbird said:

I spent years in labs testing hypothisies.  Did you think I was a stupid liberal?

Ed, you're great, but not at spelling hypotheses.  I did research my entire career.  Hypotheses was much more prevalent than proven.  

Is it me or has spellcheck had a few beers and feeling strong on this site?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cal20sailor said:

Alcohol is considered by many to be a med, you abstaining?  Say yes and I will have a good laugh. 

Alcohol has been tested for centuries, China Virus vaccine not so much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, warbird said:

I spent years in labs testing hypothisies.  Did you think I was a stupid liberal?

Liberal? Nope!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, warbird said:

I am a vigorous 62 year old male.  When, in 5 years, other vigorous 62 year old males now 67 say they are still vigorous I might consider then getting the vaccine.

Oh he has not yet been touched.

One of my rw born again customers called me today. We have full and frank discussions, because we both feel like we cant discuss such stuff in general in TX. I'm atheist and in other countries conservative, but here considered to be liberal.

He is is his late 30's. He was always of the mind he would be careful, avoid getting it but it is what it is, and anyway, he had something last year that was like a really bad flu - it must have been covid. I got in may last year, and i should have been in hospital on o2, but i made it through. Hospital was not the place to be back then. He or his wife spoke with me daily, while i made it through. They never poo pooed me and my symptoms - and deliriums. But they see me as an old man. 

He has been waiting and seeing before getting the shot. We waited, he got terribly sick - which is why we hadn't spoken for 4 weeks - worse than the rest of his family. Not quite bad enough to be admitted, but bad enough that he seriously wanted to die. He doesn't exaggerate. Officially tested and monitored - just today allowed to be outside.

Tough sob too, oil fields and a history of being very tough in action, not just words. Laid him out flat.

It takes down the vigorous / tough ones too. Not just those with pre-existing. Mine took me down 3 weeks after i broke out in hundreds of spots, until I pulled 7 days working in 110f and 35 percent humidity / storms and mud for 12 hours a day. Then hallucinated a bit while driving back 4 hours to home and straight to the boat to isolate. 

You are 12 years older than me btw.

Don't care if you dismiss what i wrote or not - I've done my bit - passed on some info that isnt partisan or whatever. It's your choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

Ed, you're great, but not at spelling hypotheses.  I did research my entire career.  Hypotheses was much more prevalent than proven.  

Is it me or has spellcheck had a few beers and feeling strong on this site?

No spell check enabled here.  My spell check always changed Liberal to " stupid asshole" so I have disabled it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, warbird said:

Alcohol has been tested for centuries, China Virus vaccine not so much.

Yes, proven to be fatal to some and damaging to many others.  Please don't tell me you drink in moderation or shit will come out my nose from laughter.  

Dumb + Alcohol =  Warbird

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

Oh he has not yet been touched.

One of my rw born again customers called me today. We have full and frank discussions, because we both feel like we cant discuss such stuff in general in TX. I'm atheist and in other countries conservative, but here considered to be liberal.

He is is his late 30's. He was always of the mind he would be careful, avoid getting it but it is what it is, and anyway, he had something last year that was like a really bad flu - it must have been covid. I got in may last year, and i should have been in hospital on o2, but i made it through. Hospital was not the place to be back then. He or his wife spoke with me daily, while i made it through. They never poo pooed me and my symptoms - and deliriums. But they see me as an old man. 

He has been waiting and seeing before getting the shot. We waited, he got terribly sick - which is why we hadn't spoken for 4 weeks - worse than the rest of his family. Not quite bad enough to be admitted, but bad enough that he seriously wanted to die. He doesn't exaggerate. Officially tested and monitored - just today allowed to be outside.

Tough sob too, oil fields and a history of being very tough in action, not just words. Laid him out flat.

It takes down the vigorous / tough ones too. Not just those with pre-existing. Mine took me down 3 weeks after i broke out in hundreds of spots, until I pulled 7 days working in 110f and 35 percent humidity / storms and mud for 12 hours a day. Then hallucinated a bit while driving back 4 hours to home and straight to the boat to isolate. 

You are 12 years older than me btw.

Don't care if you dismiss what i wrote or not - I've done my bit - passed on some info that isnt partisan or whatever. It's your choice.

I was hit hard early Feb 2020, pretty much bedridden. There are a few local companies that have a big presence in China.  My neighborhood Christmas party that year feature a few of those globetrotting execs.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

Yes, proven to be fatal to some and damaging to many others.  Please don't tell me you drink in moderation 

What is moderation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

   Please don't tell me you drink in moderation or  

When you arrive at the starting line do you hope for a "midpack" finish?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, warbird said:

I was hit hard early Feb 2020, pretty much bedridden. There are a few local companies that have a big presence in China.  My neighborhood Christmas party that year feature a few of those globetrotting execs.

 

pretty much bedridden isn't being hit hard. You are fooling yourself if thats what you think people are saying when say they had it bad.

Here's mine:

- hallucinations

- no fever in the morning but just grows during the day till the night when you take what you have to try and sleep

- When your o2 drops below 90, you cannot think clearly at all. You can barely remember what you were thinking a minute ago. You put something down somewhere special because you know you will quickly forget, and 30 seconds later you can see it or remember where the special spot was. This lasted 5 days for me.

- my legs and ankles swelled up like crazy, and my kidneys almost shutdown (being a frequent stone sufferer i know my kidneys really well).

- if there had been sleeping pills on the boat, there was a time... well i might not have been here today to tell you about it.

- Im not going to forget the experience in a hell of a long time. 15 years ago I had double pneumonia, in hospital for 14 days, 12 years ago strep in ICU for 10 days with 90% blocked wind pipe. They were nothing compared to what i went through last year.

But keep reassuring yourself. I don't care - I've done more than my bit now.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, warbird said:

When you arrive at the starting line do you hope for a "midpack" finish?

There we go, something we can quantify.  Let's do Mac races, when, if ever, did you beat my boat?

Pretty much '84-'09 on L Mich.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike in Seattle said:

I posted the Axton to call out the PUSHERS in here.

If someone makes a decision ,  y'all should just back off. 

It worries me that I got that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

There we go, something we can quantify.  Let's do Mac races, when, if ever, did you beat my boat?

No idea.  I did one Mac on a Laser 28. Great time, pure sailing for 3 (almost) days.

Link to post
Share on other sites