As a guy who spent 43-plus years in residential construction & high end fine finish carpentry (and other things) in So Cal for the semi-rich & somewhat famous Hollywood attention whores.... ^THIS^ is without a doubt the most fugliest of fugly monstrosities of an architectural  abortion I've ever seen.....and THAT includes the mansion on Sunset with the naked statues out front owned by some Middle East oil pump-fuker.....that thankfully got arson-aged one night. And the fuking psycho-fuk paranoid twat-waffle who built a miniature castle on a hill top east of Malibu.....that not only DID have a moat, but a fuking draw bridge as well. And a pair of 185 year old, 13 foot tall wooden doors at the entryway..... stolen from an ancient church in Sonora, Mexico.

To quote my dear departed Dad, 'Ricky? The rich....are just like you and me. Only completely fuking different' ....

• Like 9

Whatever happened to narrow gauge trains on these mega ranches?

I’ve seen several older systems (Spy Glass (built in the ‘70’s) and Newp Coast (built ‘90’s).  But none in the last decade.

The one up on Spy Glass was incredible. Lots of track, tunnels and rolling stock.  Very cool to watch.  Half expected a Disney family member to come riding by. Silly fun and special.

Developer Nile Niami once had grandeurs of listing his magnum opus, a 105,000-square-foot mega-mansion known as The One, for upwards of $500 million. Despite hitting the market for $160 million less than originally planned, the palatial estate could still become the most expensive home ever sold in the United States. 

https://www.livabl.com/2021/01/the-one-most-expensive-home-340-million.html

Anyone who would pay more than $13,723.00 for a home in Southern California...is certifiably fuking crazy......

• Like 1
2 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

As a guy who spent 43-plus years in residential construction & high end fine finish carpentry (and other things) in So Cal for the semi-rich & somewhat famous Hollywood attention whores.... ^THIS^ is without a doubt the most fugliest of fugly monstrosities of an architectural  abortion I've ever seen.....and THAT includes the mansion on Sunset with the naked statues out front owned by some Middle East oil pump-fuker.....that thankfully got arson-aged one night. And the fuking psycho-fuk paranoid twat-waffle who built a miniature castle on a hill top east of Malibu.....that not only DID have a moat, but a fuking draw bridge as well. And a pair of 185 year old, 13 foot tall wooden doors at the entryway..... stolen from an ancient church in Sonora, Mexico.

To quote my dear departed Dad, 'Ricky? The rich....are just like you and me. Only completely fuking different' ....

Why do you hate American creativity?

1 hour ago, blunderfull said:

Morphing away:

0E95C270-651A-4BEA-86D4-339916052311.jpeg

So Bill owns land all over the US that in total is a little less than 1/3 the size of Rhode Island.  

What I want to know is what is he doing with 69,000 acres in Louisiana????

33 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

So Bill owns land all over the US that in total is a little less than 1/3 the size of Rhode Island.  

What I want to know is what is he doing with 69,000 acres in Louisiana????

What's even more puzzling to me.....is what's he gonna do in New Mexico?.....:lol:

Presumably the previous owners liked BG's offer better than the others they may have gotten.  He clearly doesn't need the money.  He may be holding onto it both as an investment and to prevent someone from using it for a toxic waste dump or yet another golf course.  Time will tell.

Still, why would anyone want to live in a house like that? Even with money pouring out of your pockets, it has so many useless (to me) stuff that's just crazy.

Why on earth would you put 8 ovens in a kitchen that (his words) no one will ever use, even moreso, having an industrial kitchen one floor below it?

Sofas are so far apart you can't talk to whoever is sitting in front of you

It looks to me like a party house for rental, or a hotel, but certainly not a home/house.

28 minutes ago, chuso007 said:

Still, why would anyone want to live in a house like that? Even with money pouring out of your pockets, it has so many useless (to me) stuff that's just crazy.

Why on earth would you put 8 ovens in a kitchen that (his words) no one will ever use, even moreso, having an industrial kitchen one floor below it?

Sofas are so far apart you can't talk to whoever is sitting in front of you

It looks to me like a party house for rental, or a hotel, but certainly not a home/house.

Couldn't agree more!  Bank is about to take "TheOne" back, and he has been foreclosed on more than once in the past....  The affordable housing this asshole could have built instead, could have housed every single homeless person in LA County...

• Like 1

Still the most incredible thing in the video is the old guy's shirt and matching cowboy boots...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

The affordable housing this asshole could have built instead, could have housed every single homeless person in LA County...

Well, he mentioned that to make it more "sustainable" he put plastic flowers instead of real ones, you have to give him that...

I mean, what's a little plastic when you can save some water and use it on one of the seven pools, right?

3 minutes ago, chuso007 said:

Still the most incredible thing in the video is the old guy's shirt and matching cowboy boots...

Yeah, old guy with a 7,000 sq. ft home....

So many questions you want to ask a developer like Niami but, you’ll never get him to open I’d guess.   

The vid cams above the urinals so the ladies can watch?    Who does things like that?   And he offhands about most guys in LA are a-holes?    Begging for a poke in nose.

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

Couldn't agree more!  Bank is about to take "TheOne" back, and he has been foreclosed on more than once in the past....  The affordable housing this asshole could have built instead, could have housed every single homeless person in LA County...

You need to research this a little bit more before making a comment like this one. Both Hell-A County & Hell-A City have blown thru literally hundreds & hundreds of million dollars in the past decade on the homeless.....but the problem has just gotten worse. For a variety of reasons. Number 1 being that the vast majority of these people don't WANT help. The second is the Leftista politicians actively invite more homeless here, with promises of shiny objects & goodies. Third is the utter corruption of who gets these contracts to build shelters & housing units for these folks....and at 3 to 5 times the prices of what the private sector could do it for. These are donors and 'Freinds of Gavin & Garcetti' who are awarded these contracts......a lot which are no-bid types. Then there's the activist groups----both 'non-profit' and public sector....which supposedly are here to help solve this huge problem.....but in reality just $uck money out of the taxpayer's pocket. Trust me, this is nothing but one more huge fuking scam....just like the 'War on Drug's is.....

• Like 3

I watched/listened to a few seconds of the second video and the douche actually said that his favorite thing about the house, "was its ability to change the world"

Presumably he means in a positive way???  WTF

11 minutes ago, On The Hard said:

I watched/listened to a few seconds of the second video and the douche actually said that his favorite thing about the house, "was its ability to change the world"

Presumably he means in a positive way???  WTF

This fucker's 'house' has all of the aesthetics & architecturally pleasing lines of a Putin designed, Russian operated fuking abortion clinic. And anyone who would actually consider buying it.....should fuk-the-fuk-off back to Bejiing, Monaco, Tokyo, The Vatican, Mexico City, Johannesburg.....or Gnu Yawk......

• Like 1

Neither of those idiots can even pronounce "foyer".

Why would anyone want to live in a private hotel?

It's not even like it hasn't been done bigger and better - Buckingham palace was built as merely the town home of the Duke of Buckingham.

He needed a place in London for "The Season".

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Neither of those idiots can even pronounce "foyer".

Why would anyone want to live in a private hotel?

It's not even like it hasn't been done bigger and better - Buckingham palace was built as merely the town home of the Duke of Buckingham.

He needed a place in London for "The Season".

The Carnegies, the Fords, the Vanderbilts, the Rockerfellers, the Rothchilds, the Gettys, the Hearst'a, the Du Ponts and even the Mrs. Winchester of this country (despite how one feels about how they acquired/made their fortunes).....at least had some fuking class, style & and an eye for beautiful lines & curves & design....whereas this fuking place is literally as warm & inviting & stylefull (to me at least) as a concrete bunker in the Middle East. 

Just. F'ng. No....

• Like 2
19 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Anyone who would pay more than $13,723.00 for a home in Southern California...is certifiably fuking crazy......

The dementia is strong in this one. 

Just now, Al Paca said:
20 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

The dementia is strong in this one. 

El Marachi ist juste licke evereyoune ealse, onley diffrentte.............                         :)

• Like 1

This is the town where I was born & raised. Daddio paid $4,750.00 for our 2 bedroom/1 bath house in the 'Tree Section' of MB back in 1951. He couldn't afford paying $7,500.00 for a place on The Strand....because at 45 cents an hour....the $37.50 @ month mortgage he had to cover 70 years ago was tough enough. Fast forward to now. I bailed out of MB in '86.....and honestly wouldn't move back there if someone gave me a free fuking house on one of the walk streets. There's absolutely ZERO benefit to living in Southern California anymore. None. That hooker left the orgy 35 years ago.....

https://www.zillow.com/manhattan-beach-ca/luxury-homes/

It's Dog ugly. And seems to be purposefully offensive.

There seems to be a certain sub-set of .......homo sapiens, that enjoy taunting the rest of the population with their stupidity, and lack of taste. What they don't understand is that very few of the rest of us really don't give a flying fuck.

Notice the video star, with his Trump hair doo, and stupid boots saying that he'd never walked on actual grass before...

7 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

Give it a rest El Bommer. 

Check your P.O. box tomorrow afternoon....I just sent you 3 kilos of Mexican beach sand that you can start pounding immediately, right out of the box.....

• Like 1

Watched most of Pt 2 but had to bail.   Sensory overload.   Looks more like what I imagine a Dubai airport terminal would be.   

Nile started riffing on the Argentine ex-wifey again.  Maybe she’s the one coming for visit.  That would be a another bit of weirdness.  Actress/singer I believe he said.  

In other news:   Forbes makes it official - Kim Kardashian is a billionaire.   

Pretty darn happy with my little house in the beach community. 1200 sq feet. Walking (stumbling) distance to restaurants and bars. Walk to the grocery store where I know all the checkers names. Little town, iittle house, little problems. Can’t imagine why I would ever want some giant thing. |

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Point Break said:

Pretty darn happy with my little house in the beach community. 1200 sq feet. Walking (stumbling) distance to restaurants and bars. Walk to the grocery store where I know all the checkers names. Little town, iittle house, little problems. Can’t imagine why I would ever want some giant thing. |

But, see, here’s the thing, the difference between him and you: You are wise.

I've been in and/or have worked on homes that were so big.....the Mom's, the kids and the nannys had f'ng walkie talkies. 

Really.....

9 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Jfc but here's the house I was born & raised in. The one my Dad paid less than $5k for in 1951......

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1301-Elm-Ave-Manhattan-Beach-CA-90266/20416832_zpid/

Well apparently if you add one bedroom the value goes up to $1,871,395.

4 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

I've been in and/or have worked on homes that were so big.....the Mom's, the kids and the nannys had f'ng walkie talkies. 

Really.....

Beach houses with spas on 3rd floor roofs and pump/heater in basement.  Two guys with walkie/talkies for repairs.  Been there and more.  PITA.

And we’re talking no elevators of course.

I watch these vids and try to estimate how much I would charge for weekly service on pool/water features.   This “One” would be two guys/3x week.  Prolly start my bid at $1k/month.  That’s estimated on what I’ve seen so far.  Who knows how many water features there are?   Could be $3k month easy considering time spent getting around the property.

Nile doesn’t know that a “salt water pool”  IS a “chlorine pool.”    Camera man asks him which (salt or chlorine) the main pool is and he answers “salt.”   Neither guy knows what they’re talking about.

You make  chlorine with the salt.  AKA ‘salt water chlorine generators.”   I’ve had customers with these electrolysis units for years and still think there’s some magic going in on their “salt water” pools that gives them a “no chlorine” pool.   Haha.

3 hours ago, More Cowbell2 said:

Well apparently if you add one bedroom the value goes up to $1,871,395.

:lol:....

While I agree that 'house' is an obscene monstrosity, I do love the Murano crystal wings sculpture in the garden.

I bought this crystal decanter set in Murano a little more than 20 years ago.  I love the work they do there.  I can't imagine what that sculpture cost, they don't work cheap in Murano.

Murano.jpg

On 4/7/2021 at 1:58 AM, blunderfull said:

I wonder how they define "farmland"? Phil Anschutz's Wyoming ranch is nearly half a million acres. And Anschutz's ranch would fit two or three times over onto John Malone's or the King's ranch. Are these ranches not considered "farmland" since they grow cattle rather than corn and wheat?

16 hours ago, P_Wop said:

Well, if you're going to spend half a bil simoleons, at least build something you can take wherever you want.

Inside the Azzam: One of the Largest Superyachts Ever Built

That ugly-ass boat looks like someone melted down that ugly-ass house and poured it into a hull.

24 minutes ago, mikewof said:

I wonder how they define "farmland"? Phil Anschutz's Wyoming ranch is nearly half a million acres. And Anschutz's ranch would fit two or three times over onto John Malone's or the King's ranch. Are these ranches not considered "farmland" since they grow cattle rather than corn and wheat?

The King Ranch in Texas is the largest ranch in the US.  It is 825,000 acres.  That's 3,340 km2 or 1,289 mi2.  I suck at math but I think that's bigger than "nearly half a million acres".  The King Ranch grows a small amount (only 60,000 acres) of cotton and milo as well as horses and cows.

Where I come from in NW PA where farms are primarily grapes and other fruit along Lake Erie, and dairy farms farther south of the Lake, 500 acres is considered to be a huge farm.  150-200 acres is probably the average size.

I’m betting this becomes part of the Getty Museum.   Same style as new Getty (which you can see from “One”.)

Already set up with galleries & works. Ezy peezy.

2 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

The King ranch in Texas is the largest ranch in the US.  It is 825,000 acres.  That's 3,340 km2 or 1,289 mi2.  I suck at math but I think that's bigger than "nearly half a million acres".  The King Ranch grows a small amount (only 60,000 acres) of cotton and milo as well as horses and cows.

Where I come from in NW PA where farms are primarily grapes and other fruit along Lake Erie, and dairy farms farther south of the Lake, 500 acres is considered to be a huge farm.  150-200 acres is probably the average size.

Your math is fine,you just misread ...

"And Anschutz's ranch would fit two or three times over onto John Malone's or the King's ranch."

2 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Your math is fine,you just misread ...

"And Anschutz's ranch would fit two or three times over onto John Malone's or the King's ranch."

Yes, I did, sorry.  And there's no excuse for it, I haven't even had my gin and tonic yet.

5 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Yes, I did, sorry.  And there's no excuse for it, I haven't even had my gin and tonic yet.

maybe that is the reason.

hat, coat...

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, blunderfull said:

I’m betting this becomes part of the Getty Museum.   Same style as new Getty (which you can see from “One”.)

Already set up with galleries & works. Ezy peezy.

mackes sense.........             :)

4 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

And change the occupants....

Uhmmmm? I challenge you to find another set of parents who were cooler than mine.....:lol:

FB_IMG_1592007536063.jpg

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Uhmmmm? I challenge you to find another set of parents who were cooler than mine.....:lol:

That certainly explains a lot anyway.

7 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:
21 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

That certainly explains a lot of teh dick swaggere anyway.

fixte                            :)

54 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Slacker.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:
46 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

That certainly explains a lot anyway.

A judgement based on results achieved would male El M's challenge a walk in the park.

Of course, they might have done an excessive amount of acid which would debatably have made them cool.

Sat through the vids.  This is not a private residence..  It is a 100,000 sq ft concert/sports venue with a couple bedrooms thrown in.  The guy actually has a bunch of good ideas, and you throw enough $$ at something well you get this.  Guy seems cool, the brit does all these high end house shows so it is his schtick.  The Guest house makes the most sense, 4k ft, pool, rooms for like 6.  The "Clients" will be renting the big place for a mil a night or more when it is all up and running.  The theater (Could seat about 100 ish, is going to be used for premieres.  You could probably have the nightclub (1000 ish guests??)  A Stones  concert on the front lawn, the premiere going on in the stocked and staffed Theater and 50 - 100 people watching Venus and Serena play on the fully decked out tennis court while your closest friends lounged in the bowling alley watching MMA, playing pool and doing lines off the $1,000,000 security system they have on display.  All that while no one would know what else is going on.  And it is private so no permits etc I assume....  This is going to be the playground of the ultra rich 1% ers just minutes from the main drag in bel mar...   Pretty smart me thinks.  

2 hours ago, shaggy said:

Sat through the vids.  This is not a private residence..  It is a 100,000 sq ft concert/sports venue with a couple bedrooms thrown in.  The guy actually has a bunch of good ideas, and you throw enough $$ at something well you get this.  Guy seems cool, the brit does all these high end house shows so it is his schtick.  The Guest house makes the most sense, 4k ft, pool, rooms for like 6.  The "Clients" will be renting the big place for a mil a night or more when it is all up and running.  The theater (Could seat about 100 ish, is going to be used for premieres.  You could probably have the nightclub (1000 ish guests??)  A Stones  concert on the front lawn, the premiere going on in the stocked and staffed Theater and 50 - 100 people watching Venus and Serena play on the fully decked out tennis court while your closest friends lounged in the bowling alley watching MMA, playing pool and doing lines off the $1,000,000 security system they have on display.  All that while no one would know what else is going on.  And it is private so no permits etc I assume....  This is going to be the playground of the ultra rich 1% ers just minutes from the main drag in bel mar...   Pretty smart me thinks.  

Don’t forget the zip line to your yacht down in MDR.   

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, blunderfull said:

Don’t forget the zip line to your yacht down in MDR.   

Good luck sneaking THAT one past the Kali Coastal Commission.....:lol:

19 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Jfc but here's the house I was born & raised in. The one my Dad paid less than $5k for in 1951......

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1301-Elm-Ave-Manhattan-Beach-CA-90266/20416832_zpid/

So going from 5k to 1.871M over 70 years is an annual appreciation of 8.8%.

Pretty solid, but not out of this world...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Laurent said:

Agreed.....but about 14 years ago (when I dropped off a copy of my Dad's V-A loan docs to the guy in the house (who bought it from Mom in '63 after the divorce....blah blah blah), he called me up the next morning, thanked me for taking the time to do this....and said he was turning down cash offers every week from builders & r-e folks....for $2.2 million. I'd have to step back into my way back machine and check the log.....but I'm pretty sure that in the mid 2000's.....my 'hood was experiencing another buying spree....at absolutely insane prices.....

Ownership is an illusion. No one owns anything, only the assertion of rights over private or personal property supported by state sponsored violence and threat of another's greater power.

Every person will die leaving the assets of assertion to another. 

hot23.jpg

16 minutes ago, Black Jack said:

Ownership is an illusion. No one owns anything, only the assertion of rights over private or personal property supported by state sponsored violence and threat of anothers greater power.

Every person will die leaving the assets of assertion to another. 

Years ago I heard a guy on the radio say 'I want to die.....owing my banker a million dollars'.....:lol:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Laurent said:

People tend to ignore inflation when they talk about prices then and now.  It sound so much better that way.

The first time I flew to Europe was 1970.  Canadian Pacific Airlines had a 'youth fare'  It cost $400.00 R/T.  That's about half the price of a basic economy fare nowadays.  Whoops, in todays dollars $400.00 = $2,765.00.  You can get a business class ticket for that price nowadays if you book early enough.  But you know, everything was so much cheaper back in the day.

13 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

It's the wife's fault!  She makes it for me.  

Ah yes. One feels your pain. It’s so hard to find good staff these days.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Black Sox said:

Ah yes. One feels your pain. It’s so hard to find good staff these days.

Exactly!  I am on my 3rd wife and none of the could cook worth a damn.  I have to do the cooking FFS!  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Exactly!  I am on my 3rd wife and none of the could cook worth a damn.  I have to do the cooking FFS!  

toughen up princess , who's to blame for this eh ?

• Like 1

Having watched both videos, I have to say I quite like the basic design and architecture of the site - lots of light, open spaces, tasteful artwork, open to the outside, but with many cosy nooks to hide away with all amenities close at hand. I really like the idea of suede wallpaper to give a feeling of warmth. Also the location at the very top of a hill makes for great views.

The bad news is the sheer excessiveness and size of the whole thing... a club that can hold 2000 people? Really? And I really have no desire whatsoever to have a view of downtown Los Angeles from my house..

So, similar design and hill top location at about a quarter of the size might do me just fine. Though if I had the budget for that, I probably would still want the 50-car garage for my collection!

2 hours ago, alphafb552 said:

Having watched both videos, I have to say I quite like the basic design and architecture of the site - lots of light, open spaces, tasteful artwork, open to the outside, but with many cosy nooks to hide away with all amenities close at hand. I really like the idea of suede wallpaper to give a feeling of warmth. Also the location at the very top of a hill makes for great views.

The bad news is the sheer excessiveness and size of the whole thing... a club that can hold 2000 people? Really? And I really have no desire whatsoever to have a view of downtown Los Angeles from my house..

So, similar design and hill top location at about a quarter of the size might do me just fine. Though if I had the budget for that, I probably would still want the 50-car garage for my collection!

what car did the cowboy boot guy say he had that impressed the owner guy?  shit, fot that $$$ i want a 50 boat garage..  masts up, with a fucking private billion acre lake...  Stocked with salmon and prawns....  pearch too for the weekly fish fry

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, shaggy said:

what car did the cowboy boot guy say he had that impressed the owner guy?  shit, fot that $$$ i want a 50 boat garage..  masts up, with a fucking private billion acre lake...  Stocked with salmon and prawns....  pearch too for the weekly fish fry

a boat garage might be a bit tricky to combine with a hill top location - unless of course you use all the boats in the moat!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, alphafb552 said:

a boat garage might be a bit tricky to combine with a hill top location - unless of course you use all the boats in the moat!

Zip line..... He said it..  If it can get approved.  MDR..   Keep the, J(not 24, the real ones), the 100 ft gunboat and the 3 OD whatever they sail there next to the mega yacht.  Get there in 5 mins if you have the clearance..  Not hard with a 100' mast right??

On 4/9/2021 at 12:45 AM, mikewof said:

half a million acres" Pffft

Anna Creek station, South Australia is seven times bigger than Kings. 9142 square miles,5,851,000 acres. the one next door is 6564 and up the road a bit in the territory is another slightly smaller one 6222.

House could do with a makeover.

Anna Creek — Williams Cattle Company

34 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

Like they would let the likes of you in the land of OZ.

Well...yeah.....there IS that..........:lol:

11 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

You fucked up.

I'm 41 years into my first wife and gaining weight from her cooking is one of my biggest problems.

I have only experienced two chefs who could cook better than her.

5 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

You fucked up.

I'm 41 years into my first wife and gaining weight from her cooking is one of my biggest problems.

I have only experienced two chefs who could cook better than her.

I'm not sure where I fucked up.  I can tell you this much.  If I go for a 4th wife, cooking ability is going to be one of the top criteria.

I had to cook for my wife, myself and 2 of my wife's lady friends tonight.  A simple meal, spaghetti carbonara, steamed broccoli and a simple green salad.  I got everything prepped in advance, took my time.  The carbonara needs to be put together at the last minute, no problem.  But due to my physical condition, that little effort wore me completely the fuck out.  I will sleep very well tonight, I'm exhausted. 

I'm ready for somebody to cook good food for me for a change.  I don't know how much longer I can do it.

17 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I'm not sure where I fucked up.

You (we) grew up in an age where women were expected to be the cooks in the family.

You had three at bats and never got a single hit?