Looking for a 30'-32' raceable cruiser in the Pacific NW.

It is time to be a boat owner again.

Once upon a time we would gather at this place called Whidbey Island for a week or so and race boats when we were not storming the rum tent.

Back in the glory days they had a "Performance 30" fleet for boats in this size range.

If you were there in the day you knew this fleet.

If you know of anything for sale in this size range, plus or minus a few feet, let me know.

Who else misses WIRW?

Thx in advance.

i'd take a look at the one in Bellingham. Checks many boxes. you'd rarely sail with more than 4. decent turn of speed. galley, 2 sinks, 4 bunks and a head. Any boat over 30 feet becomes exponentially expensive with less reward per additional dollar spent.

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/boa/d/bellingham-1982-30-sailboat/7303426999.html

Damp cores and rudder bearing replacements via the internet will be thrown out to scare you. Go in eyes open, pay for a great survey and be ready to settle on the price that works to address those problems. 

On 4/8/2021 at 11:34 AM, Black Jack said:

i'd take a look at the one in Bellingham. Checks many boxes. you'd rarely sail with more than 4. decent turn of speed. galley, 2 sinks, 4 bunks and a head. Any boat over 30 feet becomes exponentially expensive with less reward per additional dollar spent.

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/boa/d/bellingham-1982-30-sailboat/7303426999.html

Damp cores and rudder bearing replacements via the internet will be thrown out to scare you. Go in eyes open, pay for a great survey and be ready to settle on the price that works to address those problems. 

Had a J/30 once. It is not a boat I would own again but agree with your advice on getting a great survey! Thx again.