24 minutes ago, Sean said:

boom

Yep, we're in St. Vincent and the Grenadines right now......fortunately, we're 50nm south on Mayreau as we just sailed from Bequia yesterday.  The government called for the evacuation from the north end of St. Vincent where the volcano is located at 4:30pm yesteday afternoon which resulted in quite a bit of chaos throughout the night as the roads were backed up with numberous accidents.  The ferry's were redirected to the north end of the island to help with the evac.  Hoping all are safe....

12 minutes ago, Huggy Bear Brown said:

Yep, we're in St. Vincent and the Grenadines right now......fortunately, we're 50nm south on Mayreau as we just sailed from Bequia yesterday.  The government called for the evacuation from the north end of St. Vincent where the volcano is located at 4:30pm yesteday afternoon which resulted in quite a bit of chaos throughout the night as the roads were backed up with numberous accidents.  The ferry's were redirected to the north end of the island to help with the evac.  Hoping all are safe....

Run out to Kick Em Jenny for us and see what is happening there! Maybe some boiled shrimp floating about?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Run out to Kick Em Jenny for us and see what is happening there! Maybe some boiled shrimp floating about?

:lol:  Love it.....and no kidding......  Kick em Jenny has been also restless for a while.  Alert level is Yellow and has been that way for over a year, so maybe there is a nice shrimp boil going on......problem is the cost for the PCR test to enter and depart Grenada is US$160 for each test.  Makes just buying shrimp and boiling myself a better value.  B)

Hypothesis - 

Globally, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes occur in swarms.  

Don't know if this has been tested - got to go work on the boat !! 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

used to be a Bene 3.7 named Kick Em Jenny that we raced against a bunch in St Maarten and Antigua. I think they've moved on to other boats since then. 

cruise ships coming in for evac..

image.png.9f06f6678f2483ec41f3305935aa245a.png

I took a cruise to Montserrat shortly after the last big eruption and the town downflow from the volcano still looked a lot like that. So depressing and it is a real gut punch to the Islanders. I think Monserrat is still somewhat active. But the mangos thrive in the ash rich soil!

I've been over Kick em Jenny when she was "calm" many times. Still pretty choppy. An amazing amount of fish right there too....

Friends on Grenada and Carriacou say that they can smell the sulphur.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

I'm mildly disappointed. I was looking forward to this erupting.

rexfeatures_9771174dk.jpg

She’s gay Don’t worry. BTW she’s a real good guitarist. 

On 4/11/2021 at 9:43 AM, Former MDR Vandal 1 said:

Kick'em Jenny advisory now listed as Orange.  5 KM exclusion zone in effect.

.....not sure where you're getting your information.  Currently listed as Yellow, which it has been for a period of time.  We're anchored only 25 miles from Kick'em Jenny and there have not been any notices given regarding the 5km exclusion zone.  http://uwiseismic.com/general.aspx?id=27

The ignorance or incompetance of US news reporting is on full display in this clip from ABC News.  They are reporting "a warning for those refusing to evacuate St. Vincent" and then they selectivly edit a press conference by the Prime Minister to make it appear he is talking about the whole island.  In fact, what he is addressing is only the evacuation of the north end of St. Vincent that is in the Red Zone and where the volcano is located.  The island of St. Vincent is not being evacuated......

18 minutes ago, Huggy Bear Brown said:

.....not sure where you're getting your information.  Currently listed as Yellow, which it has been for a period of time.  We're anchored only 25 miles from Kick'em Jenny and there have not been any notices given regarding the 5km exclusion zone.  http://uwiseismic.com/general.aspx?id=27

Tyrell Bay, Sauteres, Gouyave?

45 minutes ago, Huggy Bear Brown said:

The ignorance or incompetance of US news reporting is on full display in this clip from ABC News.  They are reporting "a warning for those refusing to evacuate St. Vincent" and then they selectivly edit a press conference by the Prime Minister to make it appear he is talking about the whole island.  In fact, what he is addressing is only the evacuation of the north end of St. Vincent that is in the Red Zone and where the volcano is located.  The island of St. Vincent is not being evacuated......

Don't worry. All the other reporting is spot on. Or not. 

Knoll's Law

We climbed Souferie 18 mths after the last eruption in 81. It was still smoking and shaking. The locals were already planting veges on the lower slopes. We met a guy on the river bed who showed us where the best track was. He had a bucket of maurijuana seedlings on his head and was heading up to the edge of the treeline to plant. 

• Like 1

Been reading too much British history lately and not enough current news.  Saw "St. Vincent erupts" and I thought it was going to be something about when John Jarvis lost his shit over Nelson's mistress, or ill-discipline  in the Mediterranean fleet.  The volcano is much worse, though it acts a bit like Old Jarvey. 

Thanks for the accurate report Huggy. Nice area...need to get back there. We chartered a one week loop from True Blue up to Bequia back to True Blue many years ago. Don't recall making it all the way to St. Vincent proper.

• Like 1
On 4/11/2021 at 5:16 PM, Ishmael said:

I'm mildly disappointed. I was looking forward to this erupting.

rexfeatures_9771174dk.jpg

The many incarnations of Annie Clarke