6 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

PB, with all due respect and affections, everything you cite is a governmental function. Requiring a vaccine card for say entering a bar or attending a concert watching a ball game. It is one thing to ask folks to mask up, it is wholly another to have them present medical documentation. is vastly different. 
I will again reference an earlier example, should people need to present proof that they do not have a social disease or AIDS to be allowed into an adult themed event?

• Like 1
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of folks "recovering" from Covid are ending up in LTC facilities with severe complications, on oxygen and/or with clots and strokes. These are folks in their 40s and 50s. The course of the disea

I think that we could solve this problem if massage parlors and strip clubs started requiring proof of vaccination. They are truly on the front line. They are also very popular with Evangelical white

I can't believe we eradicated polio and smallpox. Social media has not improved society one bit.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, sailingbeme said:

I wonder how the African Americans & illegal immigrants are going to be able to get a vaccine passport if required? Democrats have have turned the GA voter ID it into a race issue that there not intelligent enough to get one of those. 

They would get it from the clinic that gives the vaccine, or from their regular health care provider who would of course have their vaccination record

I wonder where bigoted dick-heads are going to get their vaccine passports from... well actually never mind I don't give a shit about that

- DSK

• Like 1
Just now, Point Break said:

No problem with the disagreement........and I will admit my HIPPA compliance experience which is considerable is completely within the public/governmental sector. The distinction might be important but I don’t think so......(he says without a great degree of confidence :D). It is an interesting spin on the question.......I might have to do a little internet sleuthing......or as my adult kids say “GTS” which apparently stands for “Google That Shit”. 

You're right. I've had so many discrimination training sessions I can't keep track. I can discriminate across customers for many, many things, just not those listed in the Cali list of protected classes. As of now, vaccine status ain't on that list. Someone "might" try to take them to court on the medical condition, but we keep kids out of school due to anti-vax status, so I doubt there's any traction there:

Protected Classes

• Race
  • Color
  • Religion (includes religious dress and grooming practices)
  • Sex/gender (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/ or related medical conditions)
  • Gender identity, gender expression
  • Sexual orientation
  • Marital status
  • Medical Condition (genetic characteristics, cancer or a record or history of cancer)
  • Military or veteran status
  • National origin (includes language use and possession of a driver’s license issued to persons unable to provide their presence in the United State is authorized under federal law)
  • Ancestry
  • Disability (mental and physical including HIV/AIDS, cancer, and genetic characteristics)
  • Genetic information
  • Request for family care leave
  • Request for leave for an employee’s own serious health condition
  • Request for Pregnancy Disability Leave
  • Retaliation for reporting patient abuse in tax-supported institutions
  • Age (over 40)
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

OK, most of Europe then.  I can understand Iceland doing that, they are a small isolated country with limited visitors.  I would be very difficult and troublesome to implement in continental Europe.  And I haven't heard of any country here talking about it.  Yet.

What are the rules for the stopover in Iceland?  How long can you stay, is there a minimum?  Kind of a clever incentive to get tourists there actually.  

I think the minimum is two nights, not sure what the maximum is. I think it is an excellent idea. TAP (Portugal) has a similar offer. It really is not any extra expense for an airline to do this at one of their hubs. I am surprised an American carrier hasn't done it using NYC, Atlanta etc for the stopover from say Kansas City to London.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

What sock is this? Diskishness right out the gate. 

Don't know about your elk, but this vaccine passport thing is pretty idiot proof. I've got one sitting in front of me. Get a shot, get a card. Done.

Got both my shots too... no  issues with me on having a " vaccine passport " sounds like a good idea to me. Just like having to have a photo I D or voter registration # to be able to vote. Why is that so difficult an Democrats up in arms about that and crying jim crow. They seem to think blacks are so incompetent they cant do the minimum required to vote. Getting a vaccine passport now too?  good lordy, how will they manage that?

So a very brief GTS makes it clear that for several reasons which I won’t bother to repeat (links below) including who are “covered entities” or in plain talk, who the HIPPA restrictions apply to. One good point is that HIPPA is not the only statute that addresses privacy of any information medical or otherwise that may the basis for a legal challenge. One of the links also point out that POTUS, the National, State and County Public Health officials have considerable powers to quarantine, require vaccine proof to enter the country etc. There is even a Cali elected official proposing a statute to make vaccination passports illegal to require in any setting although I don’t see that growing any legs in the current climate. So my own conclusion is it is not a HIPPA violation as currently interpreted until a legal constitutional challenge (which is the only basis I can see to overturn an existing federal statute) might find its way through the courts in.........2-5 years. :lol: Links below, lots more easy to find. 

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778526

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/cybersecurity/does-a-vaccine-passport-violate-hipaa-experts-weigh-in.html

Vaccine passports are easy to implement:

• A fragile piece of paper that is invalid if laminated, like the SSN card. For traditionalists.
  • Android & iOS apps that activate when a QR code is scanned. QR code contains a cryptographically signed payload to eliminate fraud. For everyone.
  • App unlocks snapchat, etc. filters with "I'm vaccinated" stamps.

The filters are key, because that's how party people will manage the guest list. 

Everyone has a smartphone, even homeless people. You can issue the paper cards at vaccination time to guarantee that everyone has one. But the app is what people will actually use.

If Apple and Google don't have a similar app ready to go, they could cook one up in under 48 hours. If the Feds paid Google fifty cents on the dollar to supply basic Android phones and a year of data service to every human being within the US boarders who doesn't yet have a phone, they might go for it.

I'm politically naive enough to think that situations like this are when Executive Orders should actually be used. We need to end the pandemic. We need people to get vaccinated. We would like people to be able to interact safely. Lot of upside, and the downside is measured in headcount.

8 minutes ago, apophenia said:

Vaccine passports are easy to implement:

• A fragile piece of paper that is invalid if laminated, like the SSN card. For traditionalists.
  • Android & iOS apps that activate when a QR code is scanned. QR code contains a cryptographically signed payload to eliminate fraud. For everyone.
  • App unlocks snapchat, etc. filters with "I'm vaccinated" stamps.

The filters are key, because that's how party people will manage the guest list. 

Everyone has a smartphone, even homeless people. You can issue the paper cards at vaccination time to guarantee that everyone has one. But the app is what people will actually use.

If Apple and Google don't have a similar app ready to go, they could cook one up in under 48 hours. If the Feds paid Google fifty cents on the dollar to supply basic Android phones and a year of data service to every human being within the US boarders who doesn't yet have a phone, they might go for it.

I'm politically naive enough to think that situations like this are when Executive Orders should actually be used. We need to end the pandemic. We need people to get vaccinated. We would like people to be able to interact safely. Lot of upside, and the downside is measured in headcount.

I'm sorry, Mr. Apophenia, you will not be allowed on It's a Small World as your Health Passport indicates that you have High Cholesterol and a Bladder Retention issue, the Friendly Folks at Disneyland!

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, sailingbeme said:

Got both my shots too... no  issues with me on having a " vaccine passport " sounds like a good idea to me. Just like having to have a photo I D or voter registration # to be able to vote. Why is that so difficult an Democrats up in arms about that and crying jim crow. They seem to think blacks are so incompetent they cant do the minimum required to vote. Getting a vaccine passport now too?  good lordy, how will they manage that?

How can folks continually mistake gov't services and private industry?

• Like 1

It really can't be a HIPAA violation as the person passing on the info is the owner of the info. You have full rights to share your med history as you see fit.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, silent bob said:

I'm sorry, Mr. Apophenia, you will not be allowed on It's a Small World as your Health Passport indicates that you have High Cholesterol and a Bladder Retention issue, the Friendly Folks at Disneyland!

Imagine! (and yes, they can do it, just like they say pregnant women and fat fucks with bad tickers shouldn't go on Space Mountain)

13 minutes ago, silent bob said:

Normally, I'm against discrimination of any kind. It isn't fair, it isn't kind, it isn't civilized. But if the Walt Disney company wants to ensure that I'm not seated next to an adult diaper fetishist for fifteen minutes in a dark tunnel then I think I might be willing to compromise on my core principles.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, silent bob said:

They should require suicide prevention course attendance prior to riding that one.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Raz'r said:
2 hours ago, sailingbeme said:

How can folks continually mistake gov't services and private industry?

This was a stupid racist rant when he posted it the first time, now apparently he's on a repeat loop

- DSK

27 minutes ago, sailingbeme said:

Racist?.. yea right, just giving my opinion and pointing out what's going on. Look who just played the race card.. they always do 

Umm, you did.

Can you at least see why I think Gov't should go out of it's way to ensure people have their rights

And businesses, well, they are the opposite. They want to attract you to their business, if asking for vaccine cards kills them, they will likely rethink their strategy. 

• Like 2

Private schools can still require proof of vaccinations. Companies can require drug tests for employment. Life insurance and disability insurance companies can and do require access to health records in order to insure someone.  And while I am not sure why the discussion went to sex clubs, they certainly could require proof of a clean bill of health before entry although they are more likely to require use of condoms. There is nothing illegal about asking for proof of vaccination before entering a private business. Businesses are restricted from discriminating against folks for a very narrow and specific set of reasons, race, religion, sex, etc. They can and do require dress codes and all other manner of restrictions, just not the narrowly defined list of reasons which represent illegal discrimination. The only time where it would be an issue is if someone had a medical condition which precluded them from receiving a vaccine and they were refused entry, then you *might* see an ADA case out of it, although a likely acceptable alternative would be proof of a negative covid test as providing an accommodation for the individual.  

11 hours ago, sailingbeme said:

Racist?.. yea right, just giving my opinion and pointing out what's going on. Look who just played the race card.. they always do 

yea right... it's the other guy that's always the problem, huh

Aren't you proud of being a racist?

Perhaps you should be, apparently it's one of your best qualities

- DSK

• Like 1

It is amazing that some rich folks game the system and pay lots of $$ to get a vaccine when they are not eligible, while others who are eligible to get it free invent some conspiracy theory based reason not to get it.  Maybe the governments should have banned masks in order to get people to protest by wearing one.  It is amazing this place has lasted almost 250 years.  Unfortunately not confident we will get to 500 at this rate.  

• Like 3

In theory any entity could create a voluntary vaccine passport system, or the WHO could do it, etc.  Does not have to be the US government.  Health care facilities are accredited by outside entities like the Joint Commission or DNV, not the government but the government recognizes these accreditations as valid.  Ditto for university accreditations.  

You can share your health info with anyone you like; some people even share it on the internet to unknown entities when they fill out surveys, questionnaires, etc. on line.  If you ever requested a special meal or some other accommodation on a conference registration site you disclosed personal health info about allergies or mobility or vision or hearing status.  Hell some folks send off their DNA, which is about as personal as it gets for health info, just out of curiosity.  We used to have to redact personal health info from posted public comments because folks will post on an open website that their brother is schizophrenic and psych hospitalized and add their name and city.

2 minutes ago, NaptimeAgain said:

In theory any entity could create a voluntary vaccine passport system, or the WHO could do it, etc.  Does not have to be the US government.  Health care facilities are accredited by outside entities like the Joint Commission or DNV, not the government but the government recognizes these accreditations as valid.  Ditto for university accreditations.  

You can share your health info with anyone you like; some people even share it on the internet to unknown entities when they fill out surveys, questionnaires, etc. on line.  If you ever requested a special meal or some other accommodation on a conference registration site you disclosed personal health info about allergies or mobility or vision or hearing status.  Hell some folks send off their DNA, which is about as personal as it gets for health info, just out of curiosity.  We used to have to redact personal health info from posted public comments because folks will post on an open website that their brother is schizophrenic and psych hospitalized and add their name and city.

Not only do they give away their DNA and all rights to it, they actually pay the Chinese to take it.

I've never figured that out, other than to say that P.T.Barnum's estimate of the number of suckers born per minute is drastically low.

But IMHO showing proof of vaccination is a very acceptable little bit of private personal health info to divulge to the public.

- DSK

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NaptimeAgain said:

Why reinvent the wheel.  The yellow international shot record has been produced for years.  I know doctors her in Europe always have a pile of them, do docs in the US still do the same? 

Get a new one or bring your old one, get is filled out, signed and stamped and that's that.  Then the federal government can pony up some spare change and publicize the campaign. 

If Scarlett Johansson looked straight at the camera and waved one of those, and said if somebody had one of those they would have a much better chance of ever talking to her, that would make me want to get one!

No different than the TSA pre-screen card, we used to get, but now you have to pay to get them, and we don't fly enough to warrant the cost.

2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

No different than the TSA pre-screen card, we used to get, but now you have to pay to get them, and we don't fly enough to warrant the cost.

For the hundred bucks or whatever it costs, it's worth it for one trip to me.  

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

yea right... it's the other guy that's always the problem, huh

Aren't you proud of being a racist?

Perhaps you should be, apparently it's one of your best qualities

- DSK

Right out of the playbook, call them a racist....what a tool. 

54 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

How is it no different?
TSA is a governmental function. Going to a bar or baseball game is not sir.

I find it alarming how many of you would surrender your right to privacy.
I find in unconscionable how many of you would surrender another's right to privacy.

I would also add Billy that only 8.5% of the population has had Covid according to the CDC.
Currently we are running at 62.5 k new cases per week. So the percentage of people in the US contracting is 0.18%.
Statistically very small number. Do not think it rises to the level of "Show me your papers!"

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

For the hundred bucks or whatever it costs, it's worth it for one trip to me.  

We only take two, one and a half hour Commuter planes, to get from Hartford/Springfield BDL, to Charleston, CHS, not unpleasant at all.  Changing in Dulles is a joy, compared to Charlotte, where the gates are miles apart.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

I would also add Billy that only 8.5% of the population has had Covid according to the CDC.
Currently we are running at 62.5 k new cases per week. So the percentage of people in the US contracting is 0.18%.
Statistically very small number. Do not think it rises to the level of "Show me your papers!"

That's WITH the lockdowns and masks that you Trumpalos hate-hate-hate.

This virus has proven that it can double in less than 3 days. That means by Thursday, 125k new cases, by Sunday a half a million, a week later a half million a day.

Do we want to let it loose again?

- DSK

What great secret personal info would we really be disclosing?  Gee I had a COVID vaccine just like a hundred million other Americans.  Seems much ado about pretty much nothing compared to all the other more uniquely personal data that gets routinely disclosed daily through shopping loyalty programs.  People will share all sorts of shit to get a discount.  Hmmm, half price discount air fares for anyone with a COVID passport.  Capitalism at work.  Choose to fly, or drive yourself.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

A much tinier percentage of the population died on 9/11.  We got a whole Department of Homeland Security from that.  Tiny percentage are killed by drunk drivers but we have DUI laws.  COVID is a bigger deal than most of the other shit people worry about, like getting cancer from insecticides, power lines, etc.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, NaptimeAgain said:

What great secret personal info would we really be disclosing?  Gee I had a COVID vaccine just like a hundred million other Americans.  Seems much ado about pretty much nothing compared to all the other more uniquely personal data that gets routinely disclosed daily through shopping loyalty programs.  People will share all sorts of shit to get a discount.  Hmmm, half price discount air fares for anyone with a COVID passport.  Capitalism at work.  Choose to fly, or drive yourself.

Ridiculous to think that proving you have been vaccinated is an invasion of ones privacy???  I will never give up my DNA without a court order, but everything else is an open book as far as I am concerned.  

And as to choose to fly or drive, why would anyone drive 750 miles and back?  I takes 2 days each way, unless you drive straight through at night, when there's no traffic around major cities, and at 56 cents a mile it costs $840.00!!   2 round trip tickets is $450 and 4 bucks a day to park at LAZ fly self-park at BDL.  Leave at lunchtime and arrive at cocktail hour, perfect!!  At least a half dozen people asked if we drove; I asked them if they were nuts, or just bad at math! :P

34 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

How is it no different?

I find in unconscionable how many of you would surrender another's right to privacy.

You are very very bad at basic English and logic. You might want to read at least one book in your life. It must be hard on your family to have someone around who knows so little and is so persistently incorrect about all facts. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

You are very very bad at basic English and logic. You might want to read at least one book in your life. It must be hard on your family to have someone around who knows so little and is so persistently incorrect about all facts. 

JT has moments of logical thoughts, but not always!!

1 hour ago, quod umbra said:

For fuck sake YES! Stop being a dumb shit.

Do not think it rises to the level of "Show me your papers!"

What's the big deal?  You have to show your ID for lots of things.  I have to show my company ID card every morning before being allowed on site.  You are taking privacy and making a High Mass, out of a Hail Mary!

5 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

What's the big deal?  You have to show your ID for lots of things.  I have to show my company ID card every morning before being allowed on site.  You are taking privacy and making a High Mass, out of a Hail Mary!

for some reason it's Too RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC, and Too American to ask for Any ID to VOTE Butt ....................

1 hour ago, NaptimeAgain said:

All the big-box stores are now giving "veterans discounts"

All you have to do is give them your DD-214 to scan, and you get like 3% off... and it's not on everything, just "most selected merchandise"

Then there's all the places that want to scan your drivers license

Then there's all the data-gathering that your favorite web sites do.

Currently I am getting twice-a-day nasty-grams from Microsoft because they finally figured out that some of the personal data they have on me is incorrect. Wow, who would have guessed that I don't really have 4 different middle initials and 2 different birthdays (neither of which is July 4th, 1904)? Too bad for them, at this point they don't have anything I want. Ss-sh, don't tell them that my mother's maiden name wasn't really Smith, either!

- DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's WITH the lockdowns and masks that you Trumpalos hate-hate-hate.

This virus has proven that it can double in less than 3 days. That means by Thursday, 125k new cases, by Sunday a half a million, a week later a half million a day.

Do we want to let it loose again?

- DSK

Consider the source.  Quod Crisco is always on the other side of things.  

37 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

All the big-box stores are now giving "veterans discounts"

All you have to do is give them your DD-214 to scan, and you get like 3% off... and it's not on everything, just "most selected merchandise"

Then there's all the places that want to scan your drivers license

Then there's all the data-gathering that your favorite web sites do.

Currently I am getting twice-a-day nasty-grams from Microsoft because they finally figured out that some of the personal data they have on me is incorrect. Wow, who would have guessed that I don't really have 4 different middle initials and 2 different birthdays (neither of which is July 4th, 1904)? Too bad for them, at this point they don't have anything I want. Ss-sh, don't tell them that my mother's maiden name wasn't really Smith, either!

- DSK

If I lived in the US I might let them scan my VA medical card, that has no useful information on it other than my name.  I would never let them scan my DD 214.

Every time I come back to the US and go shopping for anything, they all want to sign me up for their loyalty card.  I tell them I live in Poland and I am only there for a short visit and that usually shuts them up.  Otherwise they can get quite persistent about it.

17 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Consider the source.  Quod Crisco is always on the other side of things.  

The source, which you must have missed, is The CDC.

And I am NOT Cristo. Never have been, never will be.
Nor am I Snaggletooth, as many seem to think......or am I?

56 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

for some reason it's Too RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC, and Too American to ask for Any ID to VOTE Butt ....................

Woody, I usually avoid your posts. But this is 100% spot on.
Funny thing is, a person cannot get public assistance nor file taxes with e-file without ID.

18 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

The source, which you must have missed, is The CDC.

And I am NOT Cristo. Never have been, never will be.
Nor am I Snaggletooth, as many seem to think......or am I?

Please, just quit while you're ahead, OK?

On 4/11/2021 at 4:29 PM, warbird said:

So it is not a vaccine?  It is One-A-Day vitamins or Flinstone Chewables?

So Dodo??  Did you get tested??  Do you have the "Heard" Antibodies, and if not, will you get the vax??  Serious question....  

21 hours ago, quod umbra said:

PB, with all due respect and affections, everything you cite is a governmental function. Requiring a vaccine card for say entering a bar or attending a concert watching a ball game. It is one thing to ask folks to mask up, it is wholly another to have them present medical documentation. is vastly different. 
I will again reference an earlier example, should people need to present proof that they do not have a social disease or AIDS to be allowed into an adult themed event?

If the thrower of said event deems it so, and you are voluntarily going to said event, they absolutely have the right to refuse you...  Just like if you are too hammered to stumble up to the bar and order your third shirley temple they will not put a funnel down your throat and pour the cherry 7up deliciousness down your throat..  They will simply refuse you service.  Easy peasy.  You don't like it, Move on. Your MLB or NFL or whatever example...... Fuck you, there are 30,000 other people that would gladly take your ticket at full price right behind you that got the vax just so they could come to the venue....  Why are you special??  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, quod umbra said:

How is it no different?

Dude, you gave up more of your privacy rights when you registered on this site than you do by showing you were vaccinated. Nobody is forcing you to get vaccinated, but there is no law that says a business has to let you mingle with and infect their customers. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, LenP said:

Dude, you gave up more of your privacy rights when you registered on this site than you do by showing you were vaccinated. Nobody is forcing you to get vaccinated, but there is no law that says a business has to let you mingle with and infect their customers. 

I assume that Qum Under has no problem logging on to Facebook or using Google, both of which know what he gave his Junior High girlfriend for her birthday.  And what he is likely to have and and where he is likely to go for lunch. 

But hey, yeah, don't let anyone know you've been vaccinated for Covid, unlike what you told your college about measles or polio.  

13 minutes ago, LenP said:

Just make sure you never give any of your personal info to this guy as he has a long and sordid history here.  To date with this ID has behaved well, hope it stays that way.

37 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

I assume that Qum Under has no problem logging on to Facebook or using Google, both of which know what he gave his Junior High girlfriend for her birthday.  And what he is likely to have and and where he is likely to go for lunch. 

But hey, yeah, don't let anyone know you've been vaccinated for Covid, unlike what you told your college about measles or polio.  

He probably thinks he's a Libertarian, poor bastard.  :lol:

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

If the thrower of said event deems it so, and you are voluntarily going to said event, they absolutely have the right to refuse you...  Just like if you are too hammered to stumble up to the bar and order your third shirley temple they will not put a funnel down your throat and pour the cherry 7up deliciousness down your throat..  They will simply refuse you service.  Easy peasy.  You don't like it, Move on. Your MLB or NFL or whatever example...... Fuck you, there are 30,000 other people that would gladly take your ticket at full price right behind you that got the vax just so they could come to the venue....  Why are you special??  

Qum Under also has trouble with grocery stores that post signs "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service".

37 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Just make sure you never give any of your personal info to this guy as he has a long and sordid history here.  To date with this ID has behaved well, hope it stays that way.

I am gonna stop you right there because you are full of it.
You and I had a pleasant msg exchange years ago at my initiation.
Our conversation worked its way around to a local sailmaker who we both know the owners of.
We both signed off our msg exchanges with our real names.
In a conversation I made the mistake of calling you by your first name and from that point on you have been off on this lie you like to roll out.
I do believe I tried to apologize to you at the time as I did not realize you were so sensitive. You would not accept that apology.
You are but a drama queen who reports anyone and everyone you decide you do not like. I find it all very creepy and very disingenuous.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

7 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Qum Under also has trouble with grocery stores that post signs "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service".

Yeah, that's it. 
You people are beyond clueless. You really are.
The science does not support what you are asking of people. This is the problem that comes to bear when all your decisions in life are on an emotional level, rather then facts and logic.

1 hour ago, LenP said:

Len, that is patently false. The only thing I gave up to register on this website was a disposable email address.

2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Please, just quit while you're ahead, OK?

Pffft,
And you are the most clueless of all.
Like Gissie said, you have an ego the size of a large country.
Little wonder you are on wife number 4.

15 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

Pffft,
And you are the most clueless of all.
Like Gissie said, you have an ego the size of a large country.
Little wonder you are on wife number 4.

Dude, you disappoint me.  I'm only on wife number 3.  You better correct your extensive database entry about my life.  Try to keep up man!  

And you are also mistaken about my ego, it's the size of a small continent.  Please note that in your records.  But don't be so jealous, I've earned it and if you weren't who you are, you could have a big and well deserved ego too!  :lol:  Choices Jack, choices.  Try making some better ones.

5 hours ago, quod umbra said:

How is it no different?

Hey, then don’t go to the ballgame. Jeebus yer dense

18 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Dude, you disappoint me.  I'm only on wife number 3.  You better correct your extensive database entry about my life.  Try to keep up man!  

And you are also mistaken about my ego, it's the size of a small continent.  Please note that in your records.  But don't be so jealous, I've earned it and if you weren't who you are, you could have a big and well deserved ego too!  :lol:  Choices Jack, choices.  Try making some better ones.

Australia, or Antartica?

49 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

I am gonna stop you right there because you are full of it.
You and I had a pleasant msg exchange years ago at my initiation.
Our conversation worked its way around to a local sailmaker who we both know the owners of.
We both signed off our msg exchanges with our real names.
In a conversation I made the mistake of calling you by your first name and from that point on you have been off on this lie you like to roll out.
I do believe I tried to apologize to you at the time as I did not realize you were so sensitive. You would not accept that apology.
You are but a drama queen who reports anyone and everyone you decide you do not like. I find it all very creepy and very disingenuous.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

Triggered? I just report the history, you report how you remember it - you were the queen of shit fights here, the PMs were your pleas for help in fighting your little squabbles.   Looks like nothing much has changed.

edit:  What you are writing is projection - I never reported you for anything and can count on one hand how many posters I have reported in the 16 years I've been here (with only this ID) and could still have a finger to salute you with.

2 hours ago, quod umbra said:

Yeah, that's it. 
You people are beyond clueless. You really are.
The science does not support what you are asking of people. This is the problem that comes to bear when all your decisions in life are on an emotional level, rather then facts and logic.

Len, that is patently false. The only thing I gave up to register on this website was a disposable email address.

Another one who gets it bass-ackwards.

What is it with you Trumpalos?

- DSK

29 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

I don't have a clue, myself, but don't you just want to pinch their rosy little cheeks they're so cute and sassy.  

(Well, I suppose I should disclose personal bias.  My nephew is the driving force behind Common Pass, after having worked for 20+ years on secure electronic transfer of health information in more than a dozen countries from Peru to Indonesia to Rwanda to the rural US to the US Army.  And he's made a huge effort on advocating for and supporting personal ownership of health records with major health care providers and multi-national agencies.  He was well down that personal privacy road before Covid hit.  He's had 200 people working - as an NGO - on the software and hardware and systems integration to structure secure patient-controlled health records for 10 years now. 

If there is any one person in the US who knows more about protecting health information, that would be a rare person indeed.   At a recent Oval Office meeting, Common Pass was recognized as the gold standard for secure health information.  For their science.)

There certainly are people on here who let their knee-jerk emotions run away with their opinions.  Oddly enough, they are usually the ones claiming they have some alternative facts we need to pay attention to.  

• Like 1
On 4/12/2021 at 4:07 PM, Raz'r said:

Imagine! (and yes, they can do it, just like they say pregnant women and fat fucks with bad tickers shouldn't go on Space Mountain)

It's okay, I’ll disclose that I’ve had the Kneezles and Smallcocks vaccines. So, I don’t have issues with either of those!

Methinks that some of you forget that Quod Umbra is just the new sock of an age old poster, who spends way too much time on here, to have gathered and cataloged so much info on so many users here.  Remember The Shadow, No. 6, JT and many others?  All the same, and I am not publicly outing him, that was done months ago, by another regular poster here.....

6 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Methinks that some of you forget that Quod Umbra is just the new sock of an age old poster, who spends way too much time on here, to have gathered and cataloged so much info on so many users here.  Remember The Shadow, No. 6, JT and many others?  All the same, and I am not publicly outing him, that was done months ago, by another regular poster here.....

Just another hemorrhoid on the anus that is SA.  

Nothing to see here folks.  Just make sure you have plenty of Preparation H.  

Billy, I don't think it's outing when you call out yet another sock in a long line of socks.  

image.jpeg.4450c9d70a8bcea60dfb60c15e091f2b.jpeg

14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Sorry, said this enough times that I suspect you have read it more then once. I did not vote for Donald Trump.
And I am not the one who has this completely backwards.
Good day.

16 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Triggered? I just report the history, you report how you remember it - you were the queen of shit fights here, the PMs were your pleas for help in fighting your little squabbles.   Looks like nothing much has changed.

edit:  What you are writing is projection - I never reported you for anything and can count on one hand how many posters I have reported in the 16 years I've been here (with only this ID) and could still have a finger to salute you with.

Complete and utter bullshit.
Not surprised. You crave acceptance of your PA peers.

I used to reach out to a number of posters. Ben Wynn, Bus Driver, what's his name with The Scream avatar, Kent Island, Billy Backstay. El Ricardo, even Woofey..... too many to mention or remember. Funny how only you recall it the way you do.

And you more than once bragged about reporting people with pride, including me. Own it.

16 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Little wonder all your relationship fail.

Too much poo flinging to read in this thread to really keep up...

But I will toss in (if it hasn't been done already) that these phones we all carry around have stolen every last drop of personal data they possibly can, and continue relentlessly.

Think of a conversation about a travel destination, or the fact that you may need a new microwave, that you are having at dinner.  Later that evening you are bombarded with ads for such products.

These phones are a boon and a curse at the same time.  Trojan horse 

Personal information?  Good luck with any tinfoil fantasy that we have any illusion of privacy.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Windward said:

Too much poo flinging to read in this thread to really keep up...

But I will toss in (if it hasn't been done already) that these phones we all carry around have stolen every last drop of personal data they possibly can, and continue relentlessly.

Think of a conversation about a travel destination, or the fact that you may need a new microwave, that you are having at dinner.  Later that evening you are bombarded with ads for such products.

These phones are a boon and a curse at the same time.  Trojan horse 

Personal information?  Good luck with any tinfoil fantasy that we have any illusion of privacy.

Stop making sense.

• Like 2

Complete and utter bullshit.
Not surprised. You crave acceptance of your PA peers.

I used to reach out to a number of posters. Ben Wynn, Bus Driver, what's his name with The Scream avatar, Kent Island, Billy Backstay. El Ricardo, even Woofey..... too many to mention or remember. Funny how only you recall it the way you do.

And you more than once bragged about reporting people with pride, including me. Own it.

Says the guy with more IDs than Happy Jack. This is how your shitfights start, you can stop anytime.  Or continue your whining by yourself as I am done, I of course could have warned Len with a PM but everything I am and do is as plain as the words in this post which is stating a fact not bragging.

On 4/12/2021 at 2:38 PM, quod umbra said:

So riddle us this, you have changed your position on the baker who refused the gay couple have you?
Yes? No?

I am not the conflicted one Bitch.

can the gay couple make you gay? I think you probably might be already maybe conflicted.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, quod umbra said:

Sorry, said this enough times that I suspect you have read it more then once. I did not vote for Donald Trump.
And I am not the one who has this completely backwards.
Good day.

Well, I'll give you credit for having somewhat better sense

However, "the science" indicates isolating and increased test/trace programs, on top of the vaccine effort. Just letting the virus "do what viruses do" is going to be HUGELY expensive and probably bring deeper political/economic unhappiness. The long term health effects of those who have recovered will be even more pervasive and damaging than the Spanish Flu.

For example, my wife's father was given several major medical interventions in the 1960s and retired early, his doctor blamed it on his exposure to Spanish Flu in his youth... my wife only found out about this after his death from long-term heart disease.

So, no... I don't have anything backwards, thanks

- DSK

On 4/11/2021 at 6:42 AM, chinabald said:

Will I need to show this vaccine ID in order to vote? 

Bazinga!

On 4/11/2021 at 7:11 AM, Bump-n-Grind said:

gawd yeah I remember those.. I've been trying to find mine for a couple years. When my dad got orders for Germany in '61, I had to get vaccinated for about 59 different things. We also had to show them in order to go to school... I got no problem with the concept. 

although they weren't called passports at the time.. they were called shot records.. I think the curren't verbage puts people off.

Agreed.  I heard an interesting NPR interview with an epidemiologist who said exactly the same thing regarding the term "passport".  https://www.npr.org/2021/04/12/986409983/poll-finds-republicans-particularly-opposed-to-vaccine-passport-messaging

Why not just call it a shot record like we always have.  That was never a controversial term and as previously said, no on balked at having to provide shot records for travel or to send kids to school.  Leave it to the dems to fuck this up by coming up with the term "Vaccine Passport".  It's working just as well as "Defund the police".  

Just saying.

On 4/11/2021 at 8:26 AM, d'ranger said:

I can't believe we eradicated polio and smallpox. Social media has not improved society one bit.

Ding to the bolded bit.  I would say that it has mightily contributed to our rapid decline as a civilized society.  And sadly I do not see it getting any better.  And yes I get the irony of saying this on a SM site.  To be honest, my life would have been absolutely fine without Sailing Anarchy.  But this is my only true SM vice.  I avoid farcebook like the plague and have never been anywhere near twatter or instasham.

On 4/11/2021 at 8:36 AM, Willin' said:

The fact that such cards could be easily faked shouldn't be a problem as the anti vaxxers would have to admit they are lying shams if they were caught with one.

When has that ever stopped the hypocritical fucks?  The concept of "shame" seems to be sorely missing from our societal toolkit.  

I carry a pic of my vax card in my phone.

On 4/11/2021 at 9:23 AM, Point Break said:

In fact.........here they are.......I have no problem with vaccine passports.

IMG_3613.JPG

Yup.  I still have my USAF yellow book.  I'll have to see if my mother still has my childhood vax cards.  I don't have them.

On 4/11/2021 at 2:53 PM, warbird said:

If you are vaccinated you don't need to worry about me passing it to you, think that through carefully.

Jesus, you are a fucking idiot!!!  You still don't get it.  It has nothing to do with you not being able to pass it to me.  It has to do with you and your moron anti-vaxx elk herd becoming a repository for the virus to continue to spread and even worse to mutate.  If it mutates to the point where it becomes vaccine resistant - then we are ALL yet again at risk.  

I'm just utterly gobsmacked that reasonably intelligent** people cannot grasp this concept.  It's the same with masks..... It's not about protecting you.  It's about protecting the rest of us FROM you.  Masks, combined with distancing, combined with hygiene combined with vaccines all contribute to protecting all of us.  It's never about one thing on it's own.  

And as I said before, at the risk of fucking up my own karma quotient - I continue to hope that you get covid and get miserably sick, pass it to your other anti-vaxx, anti-mask circle of family and friends and they also get miserably sick.  Not die, just fucking "wish you were dead, dear god shoot me now" sick.  Because it would accomplish two things:  1) it would drive home the lesson that you're a fucking moron.   And more importantly 2) if you survived, you would at least have some immunity from it which would protect the rest of us.  So please, go to your local bar this Friday night - kiss and hug everyone there and then make a point of going around to all your covidiot friends, hang out with them in tight quarters, kiss them on the mouth, sneeze all over them, cough without covering up and then let nature take its course.   

Just saying.

On 4/11/2021 at 11:36 AM, Willin' said:

I'm not even waiting for an official passport, I'm carrying a copy of my Vax card in my wallet already, just in case and because I'd be happy and proud to prove it if asked.

The fact that such cards could be easily faked shouldn't be a problem as the anti vaxxers would have to admit they are lying shams if they were caught with one.

All the time, I get apartment applicants who say their dog is a service animal, so exempt from exclusion.  I know that most of them are some phony Certificate they printed off of the web, so I simply tell them, the association does not allow dogs, period!

Let's come at this from a different angle.
If you are vaccinated, thus 85%+/- inoculated from catching or having a sever case of Covid, why do you care what others have or have not done?
That is to say you are in good shape WRT catching coronavirus, why is it you believe others need to demonstrate they too have gotten vaccinated before they can attend events you wish to attend? What's the difference to you?

For the record, I am awaiting my second jab. I do think those who are eligible should get the vaccine. Just not so sure or quick to yield to demands they prove that to a non-healthcare professional.

I will circle back to a question I have asked several times now but not one of you has endeavored to answer. Should a person with AIDS, or any other social disease, be required to prove they are not sick to attend an adult social event?

• Like 1