Oopsie, I grabbed the wrong gun.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Especially if the civilian is a POC.

A friend's take -    A sidearm and a taser could never be confused. Not because of shape, size or weight, but because of placement. When you wear “gear” for a living, y

Back to the OP topic.....  Ok I'm getting fucking sick and tired of hearing politicians, Civil rights leaders and such say this shooting was not an accident.  WTAF?   It was either an accidental

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, mad said:

Are they not issued in different colours?  especially for dummies?

Tasers are supposed to be one the weak arm side and the gun on the dominant side.  No way this should happen except that when alarmed (which seems to be all the time with some) cops go for the gun all the time.

My reasonable suggestion?  Partially disarm the police and enact strict gun control.  

BTW nothing in evidence that this guy did anything deserving of being tazed let alone shot dead.

• Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I didn't know you could taze someone through a door.

Just heard that....the guy was in his car driving AWAY?....

A friend's take - 

A sidearm and a taser could never be confused.
Not because of shape, size or weight, but because of placement.
When you wear “gear” for a living, you practice and become adept at knowing where EVERY essential item is so that you can readily access it without looking down or over at it.
No marine, soldier, airman or sailor has reached for an AR mag and pulled a drag grenade by accident.
No police officer has ever meant to pull pepper spray, but grabbed handcuffs by accident. They are located in different positions and the wearer is trained to acclimate themselves with the location by muscle memory and not needing to look.
But the funny thing is: what officer intending to draw the firearm, has ever mistakenly drawn AND FIRED the taser? We always accept the excuse because it’s possible without actually considering if it is probable.
After but a short period of driver training, you don’t even need to look at the pedals.
Because you know where they are and can place your foot the proper distance between the two. The left can even find the clutch in a manual.
Perfectly.
This is muscle memory.
  • Like 3
  • Downvote 1

Someone in government there (the mayor?) just said during a press conference a while ago 'That a thorough investigation must be made before determining exactly why & how this incident occurred (those words are mostly mine, 'cuz I was driving).....whether insufficient training, accidental or INTENTIONAL'.

Wow, that's some strong voodoo right there. Glad I'm 3200 miles away from that town......

From watching the video, it does seem this was incompetence and not intentional, which makes me wonder how that much incompetence can be tolerated within any PD. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:
A friend's take - 

A sidearm and a taser could never be confused.
Not because of shape, size or weight, but because of placement.
When you wear “gear” for a living, you practice and become adept at knowing where EVERY essential item is so that you can readily access it without looking down or over at it.
No marine, soldier, airman or sailor has reached for an AR mag and pulled a drag grenade by accident.
No police officer has ever meant to pull pepper spray, but grabbed handcuffs by accident. They are located in different positions and the wearer is trained to acclimate themselves with the location by muscle memory and not needing to look.
But the funny thing is: what officer intending to draw the firearm, has ever mistakenly drawn AND FIRED the taser? We always accept the excuse because it’s possible without actually considering if it is probable.
After but a short period of driver training, you don’t even need to look at the pedals.
Because you know where they are and can place your foot the proper distance between the two. The left can even find the clutch in a manual.
Perfectly.
This is muscle memory.

I agree. (And I dont know the details of this thread. Another shooting where the cops were afraid and shot someone?)

• Like 1

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-13/minnesota-officer-meant-to-draw-taser-not-handgun/100064496

Assuming it's not geo-blocked the video is in the article. To me, it's just blatant stupidity and incompetence. From the first officer that couldn't get the cuffs on to the dumb fu k that pulled the trigger. 

I can't understand even in the heat of the moment how a trained officer could fuck that up. She's waving a black gun around before she fires. If she didn't know it was a gun rather than a taser as she shot, she wasn't aiming before and just being reckless. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, LenP said:

From watching the video, it does seem this was incompetence and not intentional, which makes me wonder how that much incompetence can be tolerated within any PD. 

AS hard as it is to fill the ranks of most PD's it is no wonder they basically have a comer take all.  Most don't even have the capability to do proper psych testing to weed out the bad ego trippers.  A lot of places can't fill the slots they think they need.  It is no wonder we keep seeing incompetence from a lot of LEO's.

Now some states do do a reasonable attempt on their state level "Sate Patrols", but the local 'yokers' leave a lot to be desired.  If you need to find a cop around here just go to the local coffee shop.  There is always some there, but don't depend on them to be examples of the community they in which they serve, other than their waist measurements.  Around here they either shaved heads, huge girth, or the double whammy, both.

To be fair I have had little direct contact with LE, but when I have, I have had mixed reactions and in some of the strangest locals.  Some good and some not so good.  One thing I have noticed is they are on the most part on a looong ego trip.  They do not like their positions to be questioned as they are to be treated as near gods.  Yes sir, no sir, can I bow down now sir?

A friend shared this.  She has a point.

So, today he coverage of the trial of a cop (accused of putting his knee on the neck of a Black man, killing him), was interrupted for coverage of yet another cop killing an unarmed Black man (20 minutes away from where that trial was taking place), which was then interrupted for coverage of a school shooting.
So, this is us......
  • Like 1

Wasn't it Hill Street Blues, where the squad sat and listened to the gruff commander sitting up on a podium giving the day's orders.  I would think that he would  drill into their heads:

Think before you act.

Don't do anything stupid.

Keep us out of trouble.

But WTF do I know?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Fat Point Jack said:

Wasn't it Hill Street Blues, where the squad sat and listened to the gruff commander sitting up on a podium giving the day's orders.  I would think that he would  drill into their heads:

Think before you act.

Don't do anything stupid.

Keep us out of trouble.

But WTF do I know?

What I was told by an old-time retired cop:

He admits they did a lot of extra-judicial ass kicking and head knocking. He also said they were far less likely to pull a gun on someone because they were confident they could kick ass without one. He thinks too many of today's cops are pussies that HAVE to use a gun, that is their only tool. Then you mix in ex-Army cops that learned to interact with the public in wonderful places like Baghdad where shooting first and not worrying about asking questions later was a thing and you get what we have now :o

It is difficult for me to fathom how the mistake was made, but even more difficult to believe the cop purposely executed the kid intentionally.   We've all done some pretty stupid shit in our day. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

He admits they did a lot of extra-judicial ass kicking and head knocking. He also said they were far less likely to pull a gun on someone because they were confident they could kick ass without one. He thinks too many of today's cops are pussies that HAVE to use a gun, that is their only tool. Then you mix in ex-Army cops that learned to interact with the public in wonderful places like Baghdad where shooting first and not worrying about asking questions later was a thing and you get what we have now :o

The other scenario I considered just after my post above is that she could have actually pulled her gun out intentionally, shot him accidentally, and now is covering it by claiming she thought it was a taser.  That's not an intentional shooting, but still is a fucked up thing to do. 

2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

The other scenario I considered just after my post above is that she could have actually pulled her gun out intentionally, shot him accidentally, and now is covering it by claiming she thought it was a taser.  That's not an intentional shooting, but still is a fucked up thing to do. 

That's my thought.  Careless and reckless.  I hate to think it could have been intentional.

The claim that this was an accidental discharge is an insult to police who train and are disciplined to avoid mistakes, this was a negligent discharge, and the officer who let that happen had better hope her file was filled with training exercises and proof that she was qualified to be on the street.

Time and again, we see officer involved shootings that happen in a moment of panic. These incidents should not happen, and when they do, the whole line of people responsible for the failure should get the boot, from the officer responsible, to the training officer, to the psychologist who stamped their file fit for duty, and the Chief of Police, because the buck should stop there.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Blow back from a dumb war.

Why these officers are not charged with manslaughter at a minimum baffles me. You're trained (presumably) and you make a fatal mistake due to you negligence.

It's no different than stepping on the gas pedal instead of the brake as you approach an intersection filled with disabled schoolchildren in a crosswalk. Being led by a nun in a wheelchair. Oh wait, it's usually a black dude.

image.jpeg.cffc2b076a72fadc5d24bd8c45c966f2.jpegimage.jpeg.7602567a9f3e958dbb73d5689d0ae59c.jpeg

Some Tasers.

(a) They shouldn't be black.

(b) Shouldn't have a pistol grip

(c) Make them so different in form factor that doesn't feel like a gun or even vaguely resemble one. How about rubber chicken? (little spikes fly out from the feet)

"Don't move bro, I'll chicken you"

rubber-chicken-prop.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, benwynn said:

It is difficult for me to fathom how the mistake was made, but even more difficult to believe the cop purposely executed the kid intentionally.   We've all done some pretty stupid shit in our day. 

I think if the cop intended to use a firearm, there would have been a lot more shots fired.

If the use of a taser was justified, I think this cop will be in a lot less trouble.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, benwynn said:

I haven’t watched it, but supposedly she was yelling taser a few times before firing, so I’m not sure that theory works. My guess is that she initially drew her gun on purpose, then decided a taser was more appropriate. In the heat of the moment, didn’t realize she hadn’t made the switch. Completely inexcusable, but the only idea I can think of. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Monkey said:

I haven’t watched it, but supposedly she was yelling taser a few times before firing, so I’m not sure that theory works. My guess is that she initially drew her gun on purpose, then decided a taser was more appropriate. In the heat of the moment, didn’t realize she hadn’t made the switch. Completely inexcusable, but the only idea I can think of. 

i had same thought

34 minutes ago, Monkey said:

The department's explanation is an insult to people's intelligence. A Taser weighs around 8 ounces, while a 9mm handgun weighs around 34 ounces. A gun is balanced, a Taser is not, a Taser has a different trigger, and any weapon demands that you keep your finger off the trigger or firing mechanism unless you intend to fire. The female cop had 26 years experience, she flat out should have known better. 

You can boil this down to inadequate training or the wrong person for the job. What is sad is that it took the Brooklyn Center PD 26 years to find that out.

• Like 3

I have been stopped by the pigs in this metropolis a few times.  The kid fucked up. Taser might have been less bad. 4 cops could not cuff him ? The police would have been able to find that car in a few minutes. No bullets required. Have any of you seen what a hollow point police round does?

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

173657325_10215470456274097_7555808535193365847_n.jpeg

• Like 1

Bout fucking time. It’s astonishing she DIDN’T immediately resign despite knowing her at best gross incompetence and negligence killed a 20 year old.  “I’m sorry for your death, I meant to sell you a pumpkin latte, I’m ashamed to say I poured you a cyanide espresso instead.  Maybe I’ll quit in a few days?”

My dumb hot neighbor failed the RN test three times. She is now Detroit PD having breezed through despite being fully conspiracy theorized over the last four years.   there’s something very wrong with police recruitment in this country and things will continue the way they are as long as it continues as is. 

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Bout fucking time. It’s astonishing she DIDN’T immediately resign despite knowing her at best gross incompetence and negligence killed a 20 year old.  “I’m sorry for your death, I meant to sell you a pumpkin latte, I’m ashamed to say I poured you a cyanide espresso instead.  Maybe I’ll quit in a few days?”

My dumb hot neighbor failed the RN test three times. She is now Detroit PD having breezed through despite being fully conspiracy theorized over the last four years.   there’s something very wrong with police recruitment in this country and things will continue the way they are as long as it continues as is. 

Any idea of the amount of education/training your neighbor received to enforce the law?  Something tells me it is a bit less than you received in law school.

About 120 days, half classroom and half physical training. Law school was 3 years and you leave knowing less than you enter. 

thing is that as long as angry dumb kids think being a cop is an awesome way to show off your power, and as long as PDs keep accepting angry dump people as cops, this shit will keep happening. 

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

That's my thought.  Careless and reckless.  I hate to think it could have been intentional.

Except the video indicates she yelled "taser" a few times before she fired, which lends me to believe that yeah, she screwed up royally and thought she had a taser.  A young guy is dead because of it.  I don't know what she will be charged with but I am pretty sure it will be something.

30 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

My dumb hot neighbor failed the RN test three times. She is now Detroit PD having breezed through despite being fully conspiracy theorized over the last four years.   

This is fascinating because the whole point of the RN test is to simply find out:  In a job where pushing a med the wrong way can kill somebody- are you a careless or reckless person?  That's it.  The NCLEX-RN is simply a desperate attempt to weed out the most very dumb or careless people. 

7 minutes ago, bridhb said:

Except the video indicates she yelled "taser" a few times before she fired, which lends me to believe that yeah, she screwed up royally and thought she had a taser.  A young guy is dead because of it.  I don't know what she will be charged with but I am pretty sure it will be something.

Having never held the weapon she was issued or a Taser, I will rely on those who have.  Their analysis is she had to be nucking futs to confuse the two. 

From how and where they are carried, to the material of which they are made, to the mass of each being wildly different from the other. 

She was jacked on adrenaline and out of control.  Not exactly characteristics one should look for in a police officer.

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

173657325_10215470456274097_7555808535193365847_n.jpeg

Jeffreaux will be along to tell you it’s just an isolated incident.

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I think I mentioned this before....I took the California Highway Patrol exam, for practice.  Passed the written, went to the oral.

A 30-minute interview was cut down to 2 minutes after I answered the first question.

Basically "if you pulled over an off-duty officer for speeding, would you write them a ticket?"

I said "if everybody was speeding and I happened to pull him over, no.  But if he blew by everybody else, yes."

They all 3 stood up and shook my hand and basically said "thank you.  NEXT!"

I realized as I walked out that they were weeding out honest people, and choosing liars.

• Like 1
On 4/12/2021 at 2:17 PM, Fakenews said:

Tasers are supposed to be one the weak arm side and the gun on the dominant side.  No way this should happen except that when alarmed (which seems to be all the time with some) cops go for the gun all the time.

My reasonable suggestion?  Partially disarm the police and enact strict gun control.  

BTW nothing in evidence that this guy did anything deserving of being tazed let alone shot dead.

Bullet goes in the shirt pocket.   

41F683DD-E4F6-465D-8DDE-D5FC4C74737C.jpeg

I’m watching the full video of the army Lt accosted by police,   I’m not sure why a soldier needs a ‘service dog’, but he does a good job not getting murdered by the police.   It’s pathetic nobody in that town had the balls to try and keep their police from going postal on the US Army.   

After threatening him, pulling guns, pepper spraying him, because he wanted witnesses and didn’t want the police to shoot him when he got out of the car they say “you’re probably nervous because of the BLM movement,”.  

6 minutes ago, Lark said:

I’m watching the full video of the army Lt accosted by police,   I’m not sure why a soldier needs a ‘service dog’, but he does a good job not getting murdered by the police.   It’s pathetic nobody in that town had the balls to try and keep their police from going postal on the US Army.   

After threatening him, pulling guns, pepper spraying him, because he wanted witnesses and didn’t want the police to shoot him when he got out of the car they say “you’re probably nervous because of the BLM movement,”.  

Soldiers who have served in combat and have PTSD, others wounded badly enough to require assistance, use service dogs. Service dogs are the best pets because they are even tempered and well behaved, most service dogs are donated to service members, and require many months of training before they are ready to be taken home. Non profits that perform this function do their job well and are worthy of consideration when you have a few extra bucks to contribute.

4 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

thing is that as long as angry dumb kids think being a cop is an awesome way to show off your power, and as long as PDs keep accepting angry dump people as cops, this shit will keep happening. 

And as long as the Unions and their ‘brothers and sisters in blue’ and the judicial system keeps covering up for them and as long as dirty cops are all but immune from discipline let alone prosecution, nothing will change.

Edit 

this dirtbag cost the city of Chicago millions and has a potential $44 million judgment against the city from one of his victims 

6 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

FB_IMG_1608782845635.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that rednecks and police work are incompatible. At the least, they are unqualified to lecture any child on morals and common sense.

11 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Soldiers who have served in combat and have PTSD, others wounded badly enough to require assistance, use service dogs. Service dogs are the best pets because they are even tempered and well behaved, most service dogs are donated to service members, and require many months of training before they are ready to be taken home. Non profits that perform this function do their job well and are worthy of consideration when you have a few extra bucks to contribute.

First of all, emotional support animals have no recognized training or certification standards.    Second problem:  if he was incapacitated due to his service and unable to function he shouldn’t be on active duty and in uniform.   He’s medically unfit,  This guy is a medic, and is supposed to be reliable in high pressure situations.   A line officer is supposed to be reliable with his squad’s lives and weapons,   Finally, he proved level headed and calm, far superior to the cops,    In my opinion he has no need for emotional support, he was the poster child of cool under the threat of death.   Alone, he did far better then the navy boat crew that surrendered to Iran.   

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

And as long as the Unions and their ‘brothers and sisters in blue’ and the judicial system keeps covering up for them and as long as dirty cops are all but immune from discipline let alone prosecution, nothing will change.

Edit 

this dirtbag cost the city of Chicago millions and has a potential $44 million judgment against the city from one of his victims 

Holy shit...

7 minutes ago, warbird said:

Resisting arrest has become dangerous...

That is not a sentiment we will embrace but it is a truth.

Getting pulled over by the popo has become dangerous,  

That is not a sentiment we will embrace, but it is  truth (unless you are old and white).  

As I’ve gotten older I look much less dangerous to them and they seldom wait for a second car before turning on the lights.   

5 minutes ago, warbird said:

I agree that a lot of the trouble is caused by idiots challenging the police but challenging the police authority shouldn’t be a death sentence.

11 minutes ago, Lark said:

First of all, emotional support animals have no recognized training or certification standards.    Second problem:  if he was incapacitated due to his service and unable to function he shouldn’t be on active duty and in uniform.   He’s medically unfit,  This guy is a medic, and is supposed to be reliable in high pressure situations.   A line officer is supposed to be reliable with his squad’s lives and weapons,   Finally, he proved level headed and calm, far superior to the cops,    In my opinion he has no need for emotional support, he was the poster child of cool under the threat of death.   Alone, he did far better then the navy boat crew that surrendered to Iran.   

A service animal is trained to work with individuals with disabilities and perform tasks for them as needed. A comfort animal provides a valuable service but does not have the same status as a service dog.

Who said the soldier was incapacitated due to his service? If you know something the rest of us don't know please inform us. I only pointed out the possibilities for having a service dog, he could have been transporting it for a friend for all I know.

9 minutes ago, warbird said:

How exactly is this

th?id=OIF.RqTfPhlczwv1DEeN5aL%252bFw%26p

resisting arrest?

- DSK

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

A service animal is trained to work with individuals with disabilities and perform tasks for them as needed. A comfort animal provides a valuable service but does not have the same status as a service dog.

Who said the soldier was incapacitated due to his service? If you know something the rest of us don't know please inform us. I only pointed out the possibilities for having a service dog, he could have been transporting it for a friend for all I know.

In the video he tells the cops it’s his dog, and he calls it a service dog,   IMO he is abusing the title, a common occurrence.   That is my only criticism of his behavior.   I would have gotten out of the car sooner, but the cop was so emotional he might have panicked and shot him for sneezing, having a cell phone, or unlocking his door.    Here is a legal critique.    

21 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

I agree that a lot of the trouble is caused by idiots challenging the police but challenging the police authority shouldn’t be a death sentence.

Agree... but 3 officers were on the scene.  That is a lot of resisting.  I will not endorse the outcome, tragedy, but LE's biggest concern has to be returning home at night/end of shift. I have some LE friends I will see in the next month or so and probably this event will have been overshadowed by the next "stupid perp" story....

23 minutes ago, warbird said:

A few simple Yes Sir/No Sir/I know I fuked up Sirs costs you absolutely nothing.....and will most likely allow to see the next morning's sunrise. Admitting you screwed up and just quietly resign yourself to the fact that you're going to jail for a day or six or whatever should be Plan A if you wanna see your family again....or whatever. Replacing Plan A and going straight to Plan B, which is resisting arrest, reaching for a gun, assaulting an armed police person, running your vehicle into a cop car, pulling out a knife or just being a completely belligerent douche-kayak....probably won't end well for ya. Learning & using some common sense, some manners and some morals is not a bad thing. Just takes some good parents, teachers and/or intelligent mentors to pass those 'skills' along. 

I have NO idea why this is so f'ng hard to understand?.....

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

A few simple Yes Sir/No Sir/I know I fuked up Sirs costs you absolutely nothing.....and will most likely allow to see the next morning's sunrise. Admitting you screwed up and just quietly resign yourself to the fact that you're going to jail for a day or six or whatever should be Plan A if you wanna see your family again....or whatever. Replacing Plan A   straight to Plan B, which is resisting arrest, reaching for a gun, assaulting an armed police person, running your vehicle into a cop car, pulling out a knife or just being a completely belligerent douche-kayak....probably won't end well for ya. Learning & using some common sense, some manners and some morals is not a bad thing. Just takes some good parents, teachers and/or intelligent mentors to pass those 'skills' along. 

DO NOT introduce that into the dialog.  You  will labeled a hater, a mysoginst and a holocaust perpetrator.  :D

8 minutes ago, warbird said:

DO NOT introduce that into the dialog.  You  will labeled a hater, a mysoginst and a holocaust perpetrator.  :D

I can handle all of that shit. What would kill me however....is being accused of fuking Chelsea Handler. Or even worse? Seeing a Photoshopped pic of me in the audience of The View, holding a sign that reads 'Joy, Please Marry Me!!!'......

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, warbird said:

Agree... but 3 officers were on the scene.  That is a lot of resisting.  I will not endorse the outcome, tragedy, but LE's biggest concern has to be returning home at night/end of shift. I have some LE friends I will see in the next month or so and probably this event will have been overshadowed by the next "stupid perp" story....

Well, I think what you said there is questionable, 

firstly, a police officers job isn’t inherently dangerous. It’s not even in the top ten of most dangerous professions. Try being a steepleJack or a roofer for example if you want an adrenaline rush. Trust me on that one.

Secondly, too many police officers are nothing short of cowards and thugs who act like pack dogs, all nice and shit when you deal with them one on one out of uniform but when they get together with powers entrusted to them they act like thugs.

For the generous compensation that for the most part they get, they should be required to complete the same level of training and vetting as their contemporaries ie. Nurses and technicians etc who are required to have a 4 year degree and who command similar pay.

The police profession should no longer be viewed as the dumping ground where little Johnnie who flunked out of high school and who barely passed the GED is sent because he’d otherwise end up on the unemployment heap.

We should demand much more from those with whom we entrust so much authority and power.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, El Mariachi said:

I can handle all of that shit. What would kill me however....is being accused of fuking Chelsea Handler. Or even worse? Seeing a Photoshopped pic of me in the audience of The View, holding a sign that reads 'Joy, Please Marry Me!!!'......

Oh Stop, give us something believable like Rosie O'Donnell.

Just now, badlatitude said:

Oh Stop, give us something believable like Rosie O'Donnell.

'Cuz I care about you enough to not wanna fuk up your sleeping patterns for the next week or so.....

29 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

A few simple Yes Sir/No Sir/I know I fuked up Sirs costs you absolutely nothing.....and will most likely allow to see the next morning's sunrise. Admitting you screwed up and just quietly resign yourself to the fact that you're going to jail for a day or six or whatever should be Plan A if you wanna see your family again....or whatever. Replacing Plan A and going straight to Plan B, which is resisting arrest, reaching for a gun, assaulting an armed police person, running your vehicle into a cop car, pulling out a knife or just being a completely belligerent douche-kayak....probably won't end well for ya. Learning & using some common sense, some manners and some morals is not a bad thing. Just takes some good parents, teachers and/or intelligent mentors to pass those 'skills' along. 

Guy has a gun in your face and yells

"KEEP YOUR HANDS IN VIEW! YOU'RE ABOUT TO RIDE THE LIGHTENING!"  

"GET OUT OF THE CAR" 

...so how are you going to unbuckle the belt?

Those cops got all pissed off because the guy slowly continued an extra half mile to a lit area. Happens all the time to cops, and that shit doesn't happen to most. Hardly any. The guy was in uni-fucking-form. Yeah...typical gang-banger.  Those cops are out of a job, rightfully.   

33 minutes ago, warbird said:
39 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

A few simple Yes Sir/No Sir/I know I fuked up Sirs costs you absolutely nothing.....and will most likely allow to see the next morning's sunrise. Admitting you screwed up and just quietly resign yourself to the fact that you're going to jail for a day or six or whatever should be Plan A if you wanna see your family again....or whatever. Replacing Plan A   straight to Plan B, which is resisting arrest, reaching for a gun, assaulting an armed police person, running your vehicle into a cop car, pulling out a knife or just being a completely belligerent douche-kayak....probably won't end well for ya. Learning & using some common sense, some manners and some morals is not a bad thing. Just takes some good parents, teachers and/or intelligent mentors to pass those 'skills' along. 

Expand  

Expand   Expand  

DO NOT introduce that into the dialog.  You  will labeled a hater, a mysoginst and a holocaust perpetrator.  

Because cops should be allowed to just kill you for sassing them?

Funny thing that you love these rants but you cannot answer simple questions

- DSK

29 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

I see you as more of a Kathy Griffin in drag..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lark said:

In the video he tells the cops it’s his dog, and he calls it a service dog,   IMO he is abusing the title, a common occurrence.   That is my only criticism of his behavior.   I would have gotten out of the car sooner, but the cop was so emotional he might have panicked and shot him for sneezing, having a cell phone, or unlocking his door.    Here is a legal critique.    

Interesting video, we know the cop was fired, and the Lt has hired a lawyer, but I would be interested to see if this impacts his military career in some fashion.

1 hour ago, warbird said:

54 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

I can handle all of that shit.

I think you just failed Warbird's victimhood test.   He keeps his unfairness card in a holster on his dominant side, by the way.

• Like 1

Because I’ve had guns in my face, had frustrated cops make me walk the centerline with my eyes closed, make me wait for back up to arrive, etc, I don’t try to piss them off (anymore).   Occasionally it happens anyway.   The second to last time I got pulled over was last fall driving back from the marina after a moonlight sail.   It’s a drive I know well, but I was going slow because it’s hard to find my turn on a country road in the dark, plus deer are common.  Of course that lit up the bubble gum machine for distracted driving (he couldn’t claim I was drunk after talking to me).   I had the keys on the dash so he knew I wouldn’t rabbit, my hands were on the wheel, my license and insurance were out and dragnet was on satellite radio when he strutted up to the window.    I forgot to get the registration.    When he demanded it I started to reach for the glove box, then froze realizing it might spook the cop to see me rummaging in the dark on an empty state highway.   I slowly explained what I was doing and offered to let him get it himself if he was scared.    Of course he had to put on the tough guy act and ask if he looked scared.   Being older and wiser, I didn’t reply that his wearing sunglasses at night kept me from looking for tense eyebrows and pupil dilation.  Not being entirely stupid, I was very careful to give him permission only to look in the glovebox for the registration, not to toss the car trying to find something to seize.     

Aside from El Mariachi (whom I understand no longer drives at night but has his nurse drive for him), how have others changed their interactions with police?

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Interesting video, we know the cop was fired, and the Lt has hired a lawyer, but I would be interested to see if this impacts his military career in some fashion.

Should it?   Aside from perhaps not needing a military pension, I mean.

32 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Well....just look at the current prison populations and crime rates, race-wise, and then compare them to the racial make up of this country....and you'll quickly understand why blacks get scrutinized (and shot at), percentage wise more than white people do. 

Duh, you dip shits.. stats and math. Even Stevie Wonder can see why this shit keeps happening. So quit crying over this crap and instead of blaming the police...maybe start up some online classes for minorities to teach them how to behave a bit better in a civilized society?.....

2 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Well....just look at the current prison populations and crime rates, race-wise, and then compare them to the racial make up of this country....and you'll quickly understand why blacks get scrutinized (and shot at), percentage wise more than white people do. 

Duh, you dip shits.. stats and math. Even Stevie Wonder can see why this shit keeps happening. So quit crying over this crap and instead of blaming the police...maybe start up some online classes for minorities to teach them how to behave a bit better in a civilized society?.....

Let's start with properly funding public education?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Have you ever wondered why the "underclass" "generationally unemployed" "uncivilised"   in many UK and European housing estates are White?

There's a place in Amsterdam where ABN-AMRO had to bus it's staff to work from the train station because of multiple knifings, muggings and sexual assaults. It was indeed a white neighbourhood.

Think about it.

9 hours ago, Mark K said:

Guy has a gun in your face and yells

"KEEP YOUR HANDS IN VIEW! YOU'RE ABOUT TO RIDE THE LIGHTENING!"  

"GET OUT OF THE CAR" 

...so how are you going to unbuckle the belt?

Those cops got all pissed off because the guy slowly continued an extra half mile to a lit area. Happens all the time to cops, and that shit doesn't happen to most. Hardly any. The guy was in uni-fucking-form. Yeah...typical gang-banger.  Those cops are out of a job, rightfully.   

Yeah it wasn't funny, but when I watched the video, it reminded me of this:  (73) Freeze or Get Down On The Ground - YouTube

7 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

You’re a rancid piece of shit and 5 years marinating your brain in tequila has done you no favors.  Why the hell did you re-emerge here?

7 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Should a person's skin color matter, in whether a government official issues a split-second death sentence for a petty infraction?

Gee, that really sounds SO much like "freedom" to me

- DSK