Oopsie, I grabbed the wrong gun.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Especially if the civilian is a POC.

A friend's take -    A sidearm and a taser could never be confused. Not because of shape, size or weight, but because of placement. When you wear “gear” for a living, y

Back to the OP topic.....  Ok I'm getting fucking sick and tired of hearing politicians, Civil rights leaders and such say this shooting was not an accident.  WTAF?   It was either an accidental

Posted Images

1 minute ago, chum said:

Pretty soon there won't be anyone left to do the job, even the douchy ones won't want to. Then what?

Bingo! Who the hell would want that job if they can't play god now and then?

3 minutes ago, chum said:

Pretty soon there won't be anyone left to do the job, even the douchy ones won't want to. Then what?

No answer to my question. Not surprised.

I wonder if you think "douchey" cops should be doing "the job"?

4 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Complying is good, or bad, depending on something.....

comply.jpg

Because he was white he wasn't getting beaten up?I think at that point, being vastly outnumbered, physical force was not an option. See the difference?

5 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Bingo! Who the hell would want that job if they can't play god now and then?

God? They're called first responders. They're who you call when you need help. Or, you could try God.

5 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

No answer to my question. Not surprised.

I wonder if you think "douchey" cops should be doing "the job"?

Dumb question, given the subject of resisting arrest.

5 minutes ago, chum said:

Dumb question, given the subject of resisting arrest.

So, you feel he deserved it.  Car stopped, hands out the window, cops taunting him with guns drawn, pepper spray.  

Good thing you aren't in charge of officers like this.  One has been fired, as he was way outside the bounds of protocol.

Too many people of color wind up ventilated by police, while their melanin-challenged brethren are taken without injury. 

It's happened for centuries.  The only difference is now it is on tape and "douchey" cops are being held accountable for it.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Well....just look at the current prison populations and crime rates, race-wise, and then compare them to the racial make up of this country....and you'll quickly understand why blacks get scrutinized (and shot at), percentage wise more than white people do. 

Duh, you dip shits.. stats and math. Even Stevie Wonder can see why this shit keeps happening. So quit crying over this crap and instead of blaming the police...maybe start up some online classes for minorities to teach them how to behave a bit better in a civilized society?.....

Wait.......what?  Nothing about the blacks being lazy?

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

So, you feel he deserved it.  Car stopped, hands out the window, cops taunting him with guns drawn, pepper spray.  

Good thing you aren't in charge of officers like this.  One has been fired, as he was way outside the bounds of protocol.

Too many people of color wind up ventilated by police, while their melanin-challenged brethren are taken without injury. 

It's happened for centuries.  The only difference is now it is on tape and "douchey" cops are being held accountable for it.

"Douche". Got it. Not a word I use much. 

Back to the subject. Yes, its a good thing I'm not in charge, that's for sure. 

Just now, chum said:

"Douche". Got it. Not a word I use much. 

Back to the subject. Yes, its a good thing I'm not in charge, that's for sure. 

Not a word I typically use, either.  It was used by Rick and I responded to it.

It IS a good thing you aren't in charge.  Murdering cops might get a promotion.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

Not a word I typically use, either.  It was used by Rick and I responded to it.

It IS a good thing you aren't in charge.  Murdering cops might get a promotion.

From which of my posts did you draw that conclusion?

I can't open these files up from here, but I'm guessing that the annual numbers of police-civilian 'contacts' are more than 10. And probably more than 47. And they all can't be home runs.

This link should be quite interesting to some of you here.....

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=70

10 minutes ago, chum said:

From which of my posts did you draw that conclusion?

Your implication the cops in Virginia were acting appropriately.

Intelligent people disagree.  One has been fired.  The lawsuit will certainly hit the district hard.

Maybe if cops didn't act "douchey", they could keep their job and the city wouldn't have to pay settlements.

Oh, and people of color would feel safer.

11 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

It's implied.

Seriously? You got THAT out of what I wrote?

And you fuking wonder why this country is so racially divided.....while you post up your g-damn crap like THAT? Nice job, Hat-of-Ass...way to help to 'unite' our country. Jeezis key-rhyst.....

"I need to drive my two-year-old to daycare tomorrow morning. To ensure we arrive alive, we won't take public transit (Oscar Grant). I removed all air fresheners from the vehicle and double-checked my registration status (Daunte Wright), and ensured my license plates were visible (Lt. Caron Nazario). I will be careful to follow all traffic rules (Philando Castille), signal every turn (Sandra Bland), keep the radio volume low (Jordan Davis), and won't stop at a fast food chain for a meal (Rayshard Brooks). I'm too afraid to pray (Rev. Clementa C. Pickney) so I just hope the car won't break down (Corey Jones).
When my wife picks him up at the end of the day, I'll remind her not to dance (Elijah McClain), stop to play in a park (Tamir Rice), patronize the local convenience store for snacks (Trayvon Martin), or walk around the neighborhood (Mike Brown). Once they are home, we won't stand in our backyard (Stephon Clark), eat ice cream on the couch (Botham Jean), or play any video games (Atatiana Jefferson).
After my wife and I tuck him into bed around 7:30pm, neither of us will leave the house to go to Walmart (John Crawford) or to the gym (Tshyrand Oates) or on a jog (Ahmaud Arbery). We won't even walk to see the birds (Christian Cooper). We'll just sit and try not to breathe (George Floyd) and not to sleep (Breonna Taylor)."
These are things white people simply do not have to think about."
44 minutes ago, chum said:

I’ve heard this argument since the late 80s when I was in high school, and every single time afterwards when anyone has dared to ask about police accountability. 

it’s just more law and order talking point bullshit.  As soon as the racist legacy asshole cops are in jail or fired, the people truly interested in helping their communities will take the reins, and we will quickly see majority BIPOC law enforcement in all large cities. 

A decade later, when white towns realize their cops are shit, they will headhunt skilled black cops from places like Atlanta.  The world works in mysterious ways. 

• Like 2

at best this tragedy was a cop making a huge mistake, at worst it was a planned assassination by another racist sociopath playing the "watch me get away with murder" game, humans are crafty devious fuckers

I have no doubt that Chauvin knew exactly what he was doing. His fellow cops on the scene protected him while he did it.

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:
"I need to drive my two-year-old to daycare tomorrow morning. To ensure we arrive alive, we won't take public transit (Oscar Grant). I removed all air fresheners from the vehicle and double-checked my registration status (Daunte Wright), and ensured my license plates were visible (Lt. Caron Nazario). I will be careful to follow all traffic rules (Philando Castille), signal every turn (Sandra Bland), keep the radio volume low (Jordan Davis), and won't stop at a fast food chain for a meal (Rayshard Brooks). I'm too afraid to pray (Rev. Clementa C. Pickney) so I just hope the car won't break down (Corey Jones).
When my wife picks him up at the end of the day, I'll remind her not to dance (Elijah McClain), stop to play in a park (Tamir Rice), patronize the local convenience store for snacks (Trayvon Martin), or walk around the neighborhood (Mike Brown). Once they are home, we won't stand in our backyard (Stephon Clark), eat ice cream on the couch (Botham Jean), or play any video games (Atatiana Jefferson).
After my wife and I tuck him into bed around 7:30pm, neither of us will leave the house to go to Walmart (John Crawford) or to the gym (Tshyrand Oates) or on a jog (Ahmaud Arbery). We won't even walk to see the birds (Christian Cooper). We'll just sit and try not to breathe (George Floyd) and not to sleep (Breonna Taylor)."
These are things white people simply do not have to think about."

He forgot to add, (ill keep my guns loaded, a round chambered, and be ready to shoot anything that moves.)

Americans, armed and dangerous. 

8 minutes ago, Keith said:

He forgot to add, (ill keep my guns loaded, a round chambered, and be ready to shoot anything that moves.)

Americans, armed and dangerous. 

Yep.  He could have added that to the part about Philando Castile, as he was lawfully carrying.  Funny how the NRA was so very fucking quiet about that.

34 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Your implication the cops in Virginia were acting appropriately.

Intelligent people disagree.  One has been fired.  The lawsuit will certainly hit the district hard.

Maybe if cops didn't act "douchey", they could keep their job and the city wouldn't have to pay settlements.

Oh, and people of color would feel safer.

Your crack about my lack of intelligence because I disagree with your point of view is duly noted. As far as feeling safer, refer to the Chris Rock video.

3 hours ago, El Mariachi said:
3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Should a person's skin color matter, in whether a government official issues a split-second death sentence for a petty infraction?

Gee, that really sounds SO much like "freedom" to me

Of course not....but that wasn't my point now, was it. In fact, in this day and age, the opposite should occur.......cool, calm and collective as we used to say. For both 'parties'. But hey, if you can't figure out that doing douchey things around armed law enforcement officials may not end up well for you.....maybe you should not do douchey things. (And this goes double for for women having kids.....but with no dads around. Which is the Number 1 cause of why almost every inner-city kid who gets into big trouble....does so. Sons & Daughters NEED their Fathers to be there for them. All of them, worldwide......

Ah well, when you rant and stomp about how people with different-colored skin need to learn how to behave around cops, it seemed like that was your point.

What "douchey thing" was this guy doing? And repeat question....

16 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

How exactly is this

th?id=OIF.RqTfPhlczwv1DEeN5aL%252bFw%26p

resisting arrest?

Should cops have the absolute unquestioned power to immediately kill any citizen who displeases them?

That is what "not complying" or "resisting arrest" etc etc add up to... the cop screams conflicting or impossible "orders" then BLAM-BLAMMITY-BLAM you're dead.

To repeat... that really does not sound like "freedom" to me

- DSK

3 minutes ago, chum said:

Your crack about my lack of intelligence Because I disagree with your point of view is duly noted. As far as feeling safer, refer to the Chris Rock video.

The Lieutenant in the video was calm and asked reasonable questions.

The charge of "resisting arrest" is used too frequently and way too broadly.  

Those cops were showing what big swinging dicks they were.  When they realized they fucked up, they offered to let him go (which they absolutely should have done, from the get-go) if he would keep it quiet.

In the bodycam footage, Gutierrez is heard telling Nazario he had spoken with the police chief and had two options: the officers could either wait with him until he could drive home -- "go do your deployment, go continue serving my country" -- and release him without charges. Or they could "push the issue," write him a ticket for no license plate display and charge him with obstruction of justice.

"There's no need getting this on your record," Gutierrez is heard saying in the bodycam footage. "If you want to fight it and argue ... if that's what you want, we'll charge you, have you go to court, notify the commander, do all that," Gutierrez said.

Linky.

Fuck them.  They fucked up.  They knew it.  They tried to cover it up.

• Like 2
Just now, Bus Driver said:

The Lieutenant in the video was calm and asked reasonable questions.

Full stop. Go back and educate yourself on how to interact with law enforcement.

Just now, chum said:

Full stop. Go back and educate yourself on how to interact with law enforcement.

Go back and watch the video.  Those cops were out of control.  They violated policy.  Their supervisors agree with me, not you.  A civil rights investigation has been opened.  One has been fired for misconduct.  The city is going to pay millions in a settlement.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/04/14/us/derek-chauvin-trial#kim-potter-charged-daunte-wright

Dont know if this is paywalled or not. Cop who shot Duarte will be charged with 2nd degree manslaughter

She is entitled to Due Process.  And, she'll receive it.

Daunte Wright was also entitled.  He didn't.

20 minutes ago, chum said:

How should one interact with law enforcement, when they stop you for "no license plate" when yes you DO have a license plate clearly displayed; when you are calm and holding both hands up and obviously presenting no threat, and they pepper spray you 3 times?

Educate us all, please.

- DSK

13 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

How should one interact with law enforcement, when they stop you for "no license plate" when yes you DO have a license plate clearly displayed; when you are calm and holding both hands up and obviously presenting no threat, and they pepper spray you 3 times?

Educate us all, please.

- DSK

Uhhhhhh,     do      what       you're       told      ?

14 minutes ago, Voyageur said:

She fucked up. accidentally? possibly? The one on trial in mpls. had time to think.

Sooo, do you think she just wanted to shoot someone today?

43 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

She is entitled to Due Process.  And, she'll receive it.

Daunte Wright was also entitled.  He didn't.

Have you heard about her 26 year long history in the police department. Concerning another police shooting that happened some time ago? This chick is no saint, that's for damn sure.....

Point 1 - why are tasers shaped like pistols with and carried in holsters?  Doesn't that seem just a bit stupid?

Point 2 - Police have become militarized. I still remember the controversy when Houston cops were asking to carry something besides revolvers. Reform the police is a real and needed thing - starting with not defending bad cops. I have LE family and it isn't a topic to bring up, turn a cop in and expect to be on your own for a long time. It's easier to get rid of a bad doctor (and that ain't easy). 

1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/04/14/us/derek-chauvin-trial#kim-potter-charged-daunte-wright

Dont know if this is paywalled or not. Cop who shot Duarte will be charged with 2nd degree manslaughter

This shouldn't be paywalled.  https://www.npr.org/2021/04/14/987228386/officer-who-shot-daunte-wright-arrested-to-be-charged-with-2nd-degree-manslaught

2 hours ago, Mike G said:

The freedoms that come with living in America are vastly different for some people.

Any update on this?
What I saw in that video is, at the very least assault, and most probably a hate crime for which that white piece of shit should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I tip my hat to that young African American, he handled himself in an exemplary manner and if I had a choice between having him or that white oaf as a neighbor, there is no question as to who I’d choose.

Unfortunately, his reaction is the exception rather than the rule and in most of these recent cases, the victim of the police violence in some way contributed to their situation.

And please don’t get me wrong, I’m not for one second trying to imply that we don’t have a policing problem, we absolutely do but nothing in this world is an absolute and we are never going to find a solution until we stop thinking and acting in a binary fashion.

52 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Educate us all, please.

- DSK

Last time I was pulled over, for a “faulty marker light”, I immediately lowered the window, turned on my interior lights and put both hands out the window and awaited instructions from the officers.

Sad third world shit but that’s the reality of the world in which we live at present.

3 hours ago, benwynn said:

I was wondering where I was going to get an actual assessment of the overall issue in this county.  As it turns out, it is the personal experience of one guy in one city, and that person is you.   

Thanks.  Now I know.  It's good to have this unquestionably settled once and for all. 

You’ve an agenda, I get it but your agenda is contributing to the killing African Americans and of police.

You need to stop it, you fool.

3 hours ago, Mike G said:

The freedoms that come with living in America are vastly different for some people.

Something tells me that this fuker got on the phone with either Bekins or Mayflower moving companies less than an hour later, after realizing that half the country now knows what a complete white-trash-racist-cunt he is. And that people know where he lives. No way in hell he's gonna be able to stay there.....might need to pickup a phone book for Iowa or Montana and start calling some property management companies.....

On 4/12/2021 at 11:26 AM, AJ Oliver said:

Very soon the Reich will be along to 

attack the character of the victim. 

The thing I noticed in the released Video, which was pretty good, was the perp realizing the first officer was having trouble with the cuffs and he bolted in the car. Then it looked like he was reaching for something across to the passenger side. If I were there I would have been ready to shoot too.

If I were an officer, I would have my taser on my right, I'm right handed, and my side arm on the left in reverse so I could still grab it with my right or left. Shoot that little fucker in the ass with a taser and he would think twice next time

But the one questions remains, Why do so many AA, resist arrest when they find out that they have been caught with outstanding warrants. What a bunch of dipshits. Did they not learn anything in school. Maybe the schools should start teaching kids to have respect for others and this shit would stop.

3 hours ago, Mike G said:

Anyone know enough how this Twitter thing works, to find out how this thing 'progressed'....so to speak? Like has this pig-fuker been outed by now, etc etc etc?.....

25 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

Last time I was pulled over, for a “faulty marker light”, I immediately lowered the window, turned on my interior lights and put both hands out the window and awaited instructions from the officers.

Sad third world shit but that’s the reality of the world in which we live at present.

That's what this guy did.... wearing an Army uniform no less... and got his life threatened and pepper sprayed 3 times.

You?

- DSK

1 hour ago, chum said:

Uhhhhhh,     do      what       you're       told      ?

And then you get pepper sprayed 3 times, once with the officer actually knocking your arm out of the way (from holding both your hands up) and reaching into your car so he can spray you more directly.

Then what?

And let's hear about how important your RIGHTS are when you -must- instantly comply with an order given by the government, or be put to death... this is what you're saying should be the case.

- DSK

33 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

You’ve an agenda, I get it but your agenda is contributing to the killing African Americans and of police.

You need to stop it, you fool.

I have an agenda?   I haven't seen it.   Is it a word document or something?  Powerpoint?

I'll need some dates from my agenda so I know whether or not I am on schedule.

If "Make Sea Warrior Look Like an Idiot" is on it, that's obviously completed. 

Just now, benwynn said:

I have an agenda?   I haven't seen it.   Is it a word document or something?  Powerpoint?

Haven't you covered all this in your local antifa support group meetings?

12 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Haven't you covered all this in your local antifa support group meetings?

They are pot lucks and to be honest:  I just show up for the pasta salad that somebody brings, as it is amazingly good.

Now, if you will pardon me, I have to go cut the lawn.  It's on my agenda. 

15 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Good on ya boothy, This is fucked up, The kid lived a pretty close apparently.  Duche nozzle and his kin need to be lit up.  Community is questioning the head cop for not pressing assault charges.  

1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

Have you heard about her 26 year long history in the police department. Concerning another police shooting that happened some time ago? This chick is no saint, that's for damn sure.....

Yep, I did.  Also, that she was involved with training recruits.  Yikes.

1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

Something tells me that this fuker got on the phone with either Bekins or Mayflower moving companies less than an hour later, after realizing that half the country now knows what a complete white-trash-racist-cunt he is. And that people know where he lives. No way in hell he's gonna be able to stay there.....might need to pickup a phone book for Iowa or Montana and start calling some property management companies.....

Could be.  Or, he feels perfectly comfortable in the "tight-knit community" where they "take care of each other".  

11 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Could be.  Or, he feels perfectly comfortable in the "tight-knit community" where they "take care of each other".  

Good to see a "tight-knit internet community" taking care of this piece of shit.

20 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Good on ya boothy, This is fucked up, The kid lived a pretty close apparently.  Duche nozzle and his kin need to be lit up.  Community is questioning the head cop for not pressing assault charges.  

It's slow and expensive to open these up on a Mexican beach with like a 1.5 G network. Just wanna know what this fucker's military record looks like? And/or... has he been a racist twat-spud most of his life? 

(Trust me, I understand why Americans will pay more to live behind 'The Gates'....but jfc, this was beyond over the top.....:angry:

2 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

It's slow and expensive to open these up on a Mexican beach with like a 1.5 G network. Just wanna know what this fucker's military record looks like? And/or... has he been a racist twat-spud most of his life? 

(Trust me, I understand why Americans will pay more to live behind 'The Gates'....but jfc, this was beyond over the top.....:angry:

Fort Jackson Commanding General Jonathan Pentland Responds to Viral Video

Jonathan Pentland, a United States Army sergeant first class, is the subject of an investigation into a viral video from Columbia, South Carolina.

in News
Reading Time: 6min read
Fort-Jackson-Commanding-General-Jonathan

ADVERTISEMENT

Jonathan Pentland, a United States Army sergeant first class, is the subject of an investigation into a viral video from Columbia, South Carolina. According to now-deleted images on his unit’s Facebook profile, the 42-year-old Pentland is stationed at Fort Jackson in Columbia. On Tuesday, April 13, 2021, a day after the video was uploaded online, social media users named Pentland.

Pentland is seen kicking, insulting, and shouting at a young Black male named Deandre in the Columbia neighborhood where he lives in the video below.

In the video, which was shared on Facebook, Pentland can be heard asking Deandre to leave the area and questioning him as he claims to live there as well. According to the woman who posted it, the incident occurred on a public sidewalk in Columbia’s Summit area. Pentland also allegedly broke Deandre’s phone, according to her.

“This is by no way condonеd by any military mеmbеr,” Fort Jackson Commanding Gеnеral Milford Bеaglе Jr. twееtеd aftеr hundrеds of Twittеr usеrs forwardеd thе vidеo to accounts affiliatеd with Fort Jackson, many accusing Pеntland of discriminatory conduct and wondеring if thе Army condonеd it. Wе’ll gеt to thе bottom of this as soon as possiblе.”

Pеntland and his wifе, Cassiе Pеntland, did not immеdiatеly rеspond to rеquеsts for commеnt from Hеavy. Thе Richland County Shеriff’s Dеpartmеnt, City of Columbia Policе Dеpartmеnt and Fort Jackson and U.S. Army mеdia rеprеsеntativеs also did not immеdiatеly rеspond to rеquеsts for commеnt and morе information.

Hеrе’s what you nееd to know about SFC Jonathan Pеntland and thе viral vidеo:

1. Pеntland Can Bе Hеard in thе Vidеo Saying ‘What Is It That You’rе Doing Hеrе?,’ ‘You Can Walk Away or I’ll Carry You Out of Hеrе’ & ‘You’rе in thе Wrong Nеighborhood Mothеrf*****’

The 3-minute virаl video does not show whаt led up to the moment where Pentlаnd wаs confronting the young Blаck mаle on а sidewаlk in his Columbiа neighborhood. It stаrts with Pentlаnd telling Deаndre, “go аwаy right now.” Deаndre tells Pentlаnd to cаll the police аnd Pentlаnd’s wife, Cаssie Pentlаnd, tells him they’ve аlreаdy been cаlled. The couple cаn be heаrd telling Deаndre he wаs “picking fights” with people in the neighborhood.

Pеntland thеn asks him, “What is it that you arе doing hеrе?” and hе rеpliеs, “Walking.” Pеntland thеn says, “Thеn walk.” Dеandrе can bе hеard saying hе is walking back to his housе, and Pеntland’s wifе cuts in and says, “Wеll you’vе bееn hеrе likе 15 minutеs now,” and both Pеntlands thеn tеll him to kееp walking. “Walk away,” Pеntland says. “Walk away right now. You nееd hеlp? I’m happy to hеlp.” Pеntland thеn dеniеs hitting Dеandrе.

“Thеrе’s a diffеrеncе bеtwееn pushing you…,” Pеntland can bе hеard saying. Hе thеn tеlls him hе is “aggrеssing on thе nеighborhood,” and thеn as Dеandrе bеgins walking down thе sidеwalk, Pеntland violеntly shovеs him in thе shouldеr, lifting him off his fееt. Thе Army sеrgеant first class thеn says, “You bеttеr walk away,” and thеn yеlls, “You walk away. You’rе talking to my wifе right now.”

Pеntland says, “You еithеr walk away or I’m going to carry your a** out of hеrе.” Dеandrе tеlls Pеntland not to touch him and Pеntland says, “What arе you going to do?” Hе thеn says, “Lеt’s go, walk away. I’m about to do somеthing to you. You bеttеr start walking right now. … You’rе in thе wrong nеighborhood mothеrf*****. Gеt out.”

Dеandrе thеn tеlls Pеntland hе livеs in thе nеighborhood, and Pеntland asks, “Whеrе? Whеrе’s your housе? What’s your addrеss?” Thе young man says hе doеsn’t havе to tеll him and Pеntland’s wifе thеn says, “Maybе wе should walk you homе.” Thе soldiеr thеn says, “Right now you arе harassing thе nеighborhood. … Wе arе a tight-knit community. Wе takе carе of еach othеr. … I havе nеvеr sееn you bеforе in my lifе.”

Pеntland thеn gеts into Dеandrе’s facе and says, “Chеck it out mothеrf***** I’m not playing with you. You еithеr gеt your a** moving or I’m going to movе you. … I’m about to show you what I can do. You bеttеr walk away. Walk away.”

Thе vidеo was postеd on Facеbook by a Columbia woman, Shirеll Johnson, who said shе was walking in thе nеighborhood with a friеnd, Vinnеtta Yvonnе Knight Osbornе, on Monday night, April 12, 2021, whеn shе was thе incidеnt unfolding. Johnson said in a Facеbook post thе vidеo was rеcordеd by a “young lady,” Shadaе, and givеn to hеr to post onlinе. Johnson said shе, Shadaе and hеr friеnd did not know Dеandrе bеforе Monday night.

“Shе saw thе young man in distrеss and knеw hе didn’t do anything wrong so shе startеd vidеoing for his safеty! (Smart girl❤️). Shе sеnt mе thе vidеo last night and I got thе ok to post it,” Johnson wrotе on Facеbook on April 13. “I havе bееn in contact with both D (as I call him now) to chеck on him and thе young lady Shadaе who did thе vidеo. Both arе doing ok but still procеssing. Last night wе all bondеd bc wе noticеd a young man in distrеss and hе happеnеd to bе black!”

In a longеr vеrsion of thе vidеo postеd by Johnson, Dеandrе can bе hеard tеlling Pеntland hе doеsn’t know him and asking him his namе, which Pеntland rеfusеs to givе him. Hе asks Pеntland if hе is an “officеr of thе law,” and Pеntland rеpliеs, “I’m about to throw you out. I can do a hеll of a lot morе than you think you can. Just movе along.”

Pеntland’s wifе, Cassiе, can bе hеard tеlling Dеandrе, “Sir, you’rе acting likе a child. Movе on. You pickеd a fight with somе random young lady that’s onе of our nеighbors.” Dеandrе can bе hеard tеlling hеr that hе didn’t pick a fight with anyonе, and that hе was thе onе who had somеonе run up to him.” Thе vidеo еnds as Johnson and hеr friеnd walk up and intеrvеnе.

Johnson addеd, “Wе waitеd with him until thе officеr arrivеd and wе rеpеatеdly informеd thе officеr that D was assaultеd (you all didn’t sее thе sеcond instancе) whеn hе slappеd his hand and his phonе fеll and crackеd. Thе officеr told us that his supеrvisor told him that hе could only chargе thе whitе guy with malicious injury to propеrty and not assault!”

According to Johnson, Dеandrе livеs in thе Summit nеighborhood not far from whеrе thе incidеnt occurrеd in a plannеd community callеd Thе Lakеs at Barony Placе. Shе said hе has bееn “walking plеnty of timеs and hе livеs in thе summit!” Shе addеd, “Dеandrе was calm throughout.”

Johnson addеd, “Vinnеtta and I only wantеd to gеt D to safеty bc thе situation was gеtting out of control and that whitе guy was vеry angry and yеlling at him ovеrpowеring him. Wе circlеd back to gеt him out of that situation bc wе rеfusеd to sее D go to jail or lying thеrе dеad simply bc hе was black. Thе only thing hе did was bе black whilе walking!!!”

Columbia rеsidеnts havе rеachеd out to thе Richland County Shеriff’s Dеpartmеnt asking why chargеs wеrеn’t filеd. Onе woman wrotе on Facеbook on thе dеpartmеnt’s pagе, “Why was Jonathan Pеntland only issuеd a citation for propеrty damagе whеn hе is on vidеo clеarly assaulting a young man and thеrе wеrе multiplе witnеssеs stating thеy saw thе assault? Who was thе RCSD supеrvisor who issuеd thе dirеctivе not to procееd with assault chargеs? Why wеrе thе propеr chargеs not filеd? Is this thе narrativе that RCSD wants to support-that a strangеr can walk up to you during your aftеrnoon walk and assault you with no consеquеncеs?”

1). Being a tough muthafuker in the Army is a very good thing.

2). Being a racist thuggy cunt off base or off the battlefield, in public.....is a very un-good thing. I think he needs to be bitch slapped from both ends.....militarily AND civilly....

• Like 1

He needs to be court marshalled and demoted in rank at least.  He brought dishonour to the military.  I would not depend on the local LE to do anything as they are as racist as Pentland.

5 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

Meanwhile the DC Capitol police officer that shot Ashli Babbett will not be charged.  So shooting a white unarmed white female who's only crime was trespassing and breaking a window was justified???? 

He was charged with protecting lawmakers from the mob.  She was clearly intending to do a little more than shake hands.

Maybe one of the folks who often tout "If you comply with the cops, you won't get hurt" can chime in here.

16 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

Meanwhile the DC Capitol police officer that shot Ashli Babbett will not be charged.  So shooting a white unarmed white female who's only crime was trespassing and breaking a window was justified???? 

Obviously. They should have shot them all for treason and sedition. They can’t even tell anyone where she is buried or her coffin will melt from all the urine. 

What is this? False equivalency day? Between QU's comparing of COVID to AIDS (wrt vaccine passports), and GD's comparing the DC Police officer who shot (alleged seditionist) Babbett with a cop who kills a black person in a traffic stop, it sure seems like it.

Oh well, have at it . . .

2 hours ago, benwynn said:

Be careful, he’s an immigrant. I hear they are dangerous. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gone Drinking said:

Meanwhile the DC Capitol police officer that shot Ashli Babbett will not be charged.  So shooting a white unarmed white female who's only crime was trespassing and breaking a window storming the room the Vice President of the US was in was justified???? 

What happened to obeying the commands of police?

Generally, people who are using deadly force in the vicinity of the President and Vice President are given a pretty low threshold before being taken out. Especially when they've been chanting death threats against the Pres. or V.P.

- DSK

Dear Chum,  

Before you post legal opinions, do some research.  A cop yelling "Get out of the car" while pointing a gun at someone does not make it anything a "legal order".   Don't confuse something said by a an "officer of the law" with a statement that automatically has legal validity.  

There was no explanation, no probable cause, no threat, no evidence of any violation.    And ultimately the cop started back pedalling fast trying to make sure the driver/victim didn't push what happened up the ladder.  Given some time to cool down, the cop knew he had fucked up and was at risk.  He was correct.  He's out of a job...for trying to enforce a non-legal order by physical assault and intimidation. 

Ooopsy.  Lesson learned by the cop?  It seems so.  But not, apparently, by you.

Sincerely,

• Like 1
6 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Seriously? You got THAT out of what I wrote?

And you fuking wonder why this country is so racially divided.....while you post up your g-damn crap like THAT? Nice job, Hat-of-Ass...way to help to 'unite' our country. Jeezis key-rhyst.....

It’s questionable if this is your country.  Evidence suggests your country of choice is Mexico and it’s unclear that you can recross the border.

Just saying..

1 hour ago, Gone Drinking said:

This is the stupidest thing I’ve Read on PA today and my way of context Rickie has posted several times already.

Troubling.

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

This is the stupidest thing I’ve Read on PA today and my way of context Rickie has posted several times already.

Troubling.

GD does set the bar whenever it posts.

35 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Dear Chum,  

Before you post legal opinions, do some research.  A cop yelling "Get out of the car" while pointing a gun at someone does not make it anything a "legal order".   Don't confuse something said by a an "officer of the law" with a statement that automatically has legal validity.  

There was no explanation, no probable cause, no threat, no evidence of any violation.    And ultimately the cop started back pedalling fast trying to make sure the driver/victim didn't push what happened up the ladder.  Given some time to cool down, the cop knew he had fucked up and was at risk.  He was correct.  He's out of a job...for trying to enforce a non-legal order by physical assault and intimidation. 

Ooopsy.  Lesson learned by the cop?  It seems so.  But not, apparently, by you.

Sincerely,

Is that a legal opinion?:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Gone Drinking said:

Personally I listened to what many insurrectionists were saying,   It’s a civil war.   They tried to overthrow an election, it’s ok to shoot them.   That’s implied by the word “war”

4 minutes ago, Lark said:

Personally I listened to what many insurrectionists were saying,   It’s a civil war.   They tried to overthrow an election, it’s ok to shoot them.   That’s implied by the word “war”

The Congress was in session when they stormed the building. I was shocked that they didn’t martyr everyone who entered the building without authority or assaulted a cop. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Lark said:

Many of the pre-insurrection (failed, ill-conceived and chaotic) postings included phrases like, "I am prepared to die for our pResident," and "This is war."  So...shit happens, right?   

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The Congress was in session when they stormed the building. I was shocked that they didn’t martyr everyone who entered the building without authority or assaulted a cop. 

Maybe not so shocking.

Latest information coming out was that the Capitol cops were explicitly instructed by their leadership to not use their "heavier" crowd-control gear and munitions.  Thus no stun grenades or rubber bullets or such.   Apparently much of the cops anti-riot gear was sequestered in a locked bus nearby that the cops on site didn't have a key to access.  

So...it appears that perhaps some folk were hoping for a different outcome????  Maybe???

4 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Maybe not so shocking.

Latest information coming out was that the Capitol cops were explicitly instructed by their leadership to not use their "heavier" crowd-control gear and munitions.  Thus no stun grenades or rubber bullets or such.   Apparently much of the cops anti-riot gear was sequestered in a locked bus nearby that the cops on site didn't have a key to access.  

So...it appears that perhaps some folk were hoping for a different outcome????  Maybe???

Of course.    They expected Trump would be brave enough to lead his troops,    They thought the militias would be a little more effective since they held such a numerical advantage and talked real tough online.   Those that wanted a revolution were very disappointed.   

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's what this guy did.... wearing an Army uniform no less... and got his life threatened and pepper sprayed 3 times.

You?

- DSK

I complied and was let go with a warning.

If I received a command to exit the vehicle I’d politely ask why but would comply.

My wife, a woman of color always complies and get this, even though she has a lead foot, she’s only ever received one ticket in her life, and that ticket the judge threw out because the jurisdiction in which she received it is a notorious revenue machine and the judge acknowledged as much to her. 

Set a positive tone for the interaction and chances are you’ll be just fine no matter what your skin color. 

5 hours ago, benwynn said:

Of course you’ve an agenda.

I’d say you and your ilk are more destructive to race relations than the KKK or the most diabolical police person could ever possibly hope to be.

You don’t give two flying fucks about equality or race relations, you only care about virtue signaling and using the misfortune that is upon us in this country to further your sinister political agenda.

Unfortunately, Puke like you are to self absorbed to see what the rest of us see in you.

2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Be careful, he’s an immigrant. I hear they are dangerous. 

Hey there, 

you’ve been away for awhile I see.

Busy fucking over old ladies and the less fortunate as usual I presume....

9 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

Set a positive tone for the interaction and chances are you’ll be just fine no matter what your skin color. 

Philando Castile will be delighted to hear the good news

- DSK

27 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Philando Castile will be delighted to hear the good news

- DSK

That was the actions of a coward who had no business ever being a police officer.

But did you really have to go back to 2016 to find an example to suit your narrative?

Ps. Personally, I don’t believe in conceal carry because of this and other relatable reasons..

Is it true that this Daunte guy's outstanding warrant was for something to do with an 'illegal' firearm charge of some sort?....

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Keeping an officer's firearm holstered when beating on him takes white magic.