A Go Fund Me has been set up for Hobot who's trying to recover from COVID 19 - please donate.

Hobot got COVID-19 over six weeks ago. He's been in the hospital for four weeks. With COVID-19 he got pneumonia in the hospital, and his breathing became labored as he struggled to get oxygen. He was then sedated, then intubated and put on a ventilator. He developed stress ulcers in his stomach, requiring drugs to stop the bleeding and four units of blood, then another unit of blood last week. They cauterized the wound. The intubator was  removed and he was taken off the ventilator, to see if he could breath on his own.  Then the ulcers started bleeding again, and as they fought save him, he received nine more units of blood and they had to clamp the veins' supplying blood to the ulcers. His breathing became labored, and he was sedated and intubated and put him on the ventilator again.  He's finally got clear lungs, which means he's beat the pneumonia. Yesterday they removed the intubator, hopefully the final time.

Mark isn't working due to the COVID-19 and  had to shut his business down and can use the funds right now. The money will help with his mortgage, utilities, food and daily expenses. 

This is a very urgent situation, that requires financial support.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-mark-vraney?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf share-flow-1&fbclid=IwAR2_Hg_NvdUBjMdJbC20SRjBZs_sCqiXXFGjOjuzUVr9b9vR_Xx-OPXzYqE

• Like 2

HoBot has crewed on Bob Perry's  FRANCIS LEE for us and I can vouch for him as a really good guy.

Anything you can give will contribute to lowering his and his partner Hope's stress level.

This is a very worthwhile fund raiser for a really good guy who needs our help!

Bravo to Boomer for all he had done for HoBot and Hope these last couple weeks.

• Like 5

Come on people, break out those wallets!  Almost at $10,000 of a $25,000 goal in one day of the Go Fund Me account being created. This isn’t for some millennial slacker trying to sail around on someone else’s dime.  This is for a fellow sailor that needs some help for unforeseen medical expenses.  He has kept many of us entertained for long periods of time with the “Random Pic Thread”. I was able to scrounge through my couch cushions and borrow from my emergency rum fund to come up with a donation, so I’m sure that you can, too!  The Editor scratched up $500 from the office of Sailing Anarchy, and $100 out of his own wallet!  If HE can do it, you can too!  And a special “Thanks” goes out to @boomer for putting this together!  

Go the  HoBot @hobot!  

• Like 6

What a lot I've learned, and remembered, and re-remembered, from his photos. 

If it's not too old-fashioned, I'd venture to say that "Renaissance Man" well describes what he's been, and is.

Positive vibes to him and his loved ones (and to the ones who love him).

• Like 2
On 4/13/2021 at 2:35 PM, kimbottles said:

HoBot has crewed on Bob Perry's  FRANCIS LEE for us and I can vouch for him as a really good guy.

Anything you can give will contribute to lowering his and his partner Hope's stress level.

This is a very worthwhile fund raiser for a really good guy who needs our help!

Bravo to Boomer for all he had done for HoBot and Hope these last couple weeks.

Guys, if Hope does show up on this site, can we call for a moratorium on the usual greeting?  Please?

On 4/15/2021 at 7:14 AM, Cal20sailor said:

Guys, if Hope does show up on this site, can we call for a moratorium on the usual greeting?  Please?

I'm impressed that you felt the need to ask. 

• 2 weeks later...