FDA Pausing Use Of Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine After Women Face Deadly Side Effect

News

BREAKING: FDA Pausing Use Of Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine After Women Face Deadly Side Effect

42e7d2b594b435652ebc99aba52f7870?s=46&d=

Published

2 hours ago

on

April 13, 2021
GettyImages-12911820761.jpeg

The COVID 19 vaccine rollout is facing a major hurdle today as FDA makes a major announcement about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

They’re recommending a pause in its use “out of an abundance of caution.”

Today FDA and @CDCgov issued a statement regarding the Johnson & Johnson #COVID19 vaccine. We are recommending a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution.

— U.S. FDA (@US_FDA) April 13, 2021

Federal public health authorities have identified six cases of rare and life-threatening blood clots, all of which affected women between the ages of 18 and 48. One woman has died and at least one is hospitalized in critical condition, according to the New York Times.

In accordance with the order, all federal distributors of the vaccine will halt use immediately, and they are asking state facilities to follow suit.

With almost 7 million doses distributed already, the 6 with serious side effects seems like an insignificant number. Especially considering CDC stats that suggest up to 600,000 people in the United States alone develop blood clots. The FDA defends the dramatic decision saying that “the particular blood clotting disorder that the vaccine recipients developed, known as cerebral venous thrombosis, is extremely rare.”

Of interesting note, that’s the same disorder linked to the AstraZeneca vaccine which has impacted its rollout in Europe.

The White House seems to be downplaying the impact of the pause, with a statement that says “This announcement will not have a significant impact on our vaccination plan.”

The word is 1 in a million have this issue. One another front, some of the people who get covid also have blood clotting issues. So did the chicken come before the egg.

chicken or the egg funny - Clip Art Library

Has anyone desrcibed the symptoms, or just that these things have occurred?

6 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Has anyone desrcibed the symptoms, or just that these things have occurred?

"Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis". Unusual bleeding and clotting. "Stroke like" complications.  Similar to clotting possibly associated with the AZ vaccine. Onset around the two week period after vaccination. Some anti-clotting meds may be contraindicated.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/13/health/blood-clots-johnson-vaccine.html

14 minutes ago, weightless said:

"Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis". Unusual bleeding and clotting. "Stroke like" complications.  Similar to clotting possibly associated with the AZ vaccine. Onset around the two week period after vaccination. Some anti-clotting meds may be contraindicated.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/13/health/blood-clots-johnson-vaccine.html

Interesting....

Do Dr.'s in Florida know about this, or is this something that only people who care would be aware of?

(I'm taking my wife in for an MRI because she's experiencing minor stroke like symptoms after her her J&J vax a few weeks ago. The Dr's say it's nothing to be concerned about, just seasonal affective disorder.... Kinda the wrong season for SAD as far as I know)

3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Interesting....

Do Dr.'s in Florida know about this, or is this something that only people who care would be aware of?

(I'm taking my wife in for an MRI because she's experiencing minor stroke like symptoms after her her J&J vax a few weeks ago. The Dr's say it's nothing to be concerned about, just seasonal affective disorder.... Kinda the wrong season for SAD as far as I know)

Awshit!  Hoping the Dr.s are right!

37 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Interesting....

Oh man, sorry about that. I don't know, of course. It appears to be very rare. Good luck, be well!

37 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Interesting....

Best wishes, lefty.

Anticoagulation is a nuanced and evolving clinical topic, as there are several biochemical pathways that result in clot formation.  Platelets and anti platelet drugs are yet another aspect of the story.  Young women are more likely to have certain conditions that raise the risk of clots even without vaccine exposure.  It's a rabbit hole once you start reading.

https://www.hopkinslupus.org/lupus-treatment/common-medications-conditions/anticoagulants/

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/view/bridging-to-warfarin-with-heparin-in-atrial-fibrillation-isnt-necessary-may-be-harmful

2 hours ago, Voyageur said:

So far Women in the high risk age group are still 125 times more likely to die of Covid than from this rare clotting condition.

Which doesn't even begin to address the many with lingering symptoms, the long haulers ranging from loss of taste and smell to life threatening.

Basic risk/reward makes vaccines no brainers.  Unless you think you are one in a million or seven.

Well let's see............the J&J has a one in every million serious side effect rate. The Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis (DPT) vaccine has a serious side effect rate (severe allergic reactions) of.................................1 in a million. So....I'll get me my DPT shot without panic over the complication rate but not a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine. Hmmmmmmmmm

A pause to sort it out is good since the complications seem to cluster around a certain gender/age group but this notion that suddenly the numbers are cause for panic............I guess it depends on how you feel about all the other vaccines you're been getting your whole life.

Pretty good pre SARS CoV2 (2017) article in the American Family Physician "journal" on vaccine safety with statistical comparisons of minor and major complications rates.

https://www.aafp.org/afp/2017/0615/p786.html

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Voyageur said:

So far Women in the high risk age group are still 125 times more likely to die of Covid than from this rare clotting condition.

I think the key here is "so far". Since people haven't been looking for this "so far" is probably "not less than". That, plus the desire to make sure that folks who do suffer this are get identified and get appropriate treatment, plus informed consent and such stack up to a good case for a pause and review IMO.

The chances of clotting issues from Covid are much higher than from the Jannsen vaccine. A pause is probably warranted, but the sooner we get to herd immunity the better. Vaccines are the best path at this point.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:56 AM, d'ranger said:

Which doesn't even begin to address the many with lingering symptoms, the long haulers ranging from loss of taste and smell to life threatening.

Basic risk/reward makes vaccines no brainers.  Unless you think you are one in a million or seven.

The problem is the Human gene pool is so polluted that there is no way they can develop something for everyone. I feel bad for people who let their health go to shit and many people do this. Some issues are genetic, some are just a lazy lifestyle. My wife is having problems because from the decisions she has made over the last 20 years. I tried to help steer her in a different direction but she would just say "Leave me alone and quit telling me what to do", so I went for long rides on my handcycle alone. A bit of RUM helped too :) 

Covid is the CCP's and WHO's way of trying to rid the population of the weak and infirmed. Call me a conspiracy nut but it just seems odd the way it happened.

1 minute ago, Mid said:

more dumbfok anti vac shit

No, I am not anti Vac, Ii got my first and my second is next Wednesday.

I merely pointed out that the human gene pool is so diverse (polluted) that making a ONE for ALL is virtually impossible. There will always be issues with you.

Please take your x-ray glasses off so you can see the real word.

1 minute ago, Meat Wad said:

No, I am not anti Vac, Ii got my first and my second is next Wednesday.

not you , woodies 500's thread on the issue

5 hours ago, Mid said:

not you , woodies 500's thread on the issue

JFC, please quote whoever you are commenting on. I feel like I am in a shit storm.

Scot has really let these forums go to shit.

• Like 1

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2105385?query=recirc_top_ribbon_article_7

Initial thoughts focusing on platelet antibodies.  Main article above.  Added a couple below for background reading to put things in some context.  Coagulation pathways and disorders are complicated topics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrombotic_thrombocytopenic_purpura

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2600013/

Saw this on social media, so cannot attest to the accuracy of the data, but I am sure some of you here can either prove or disprove this in short order.

DC1E3F7C-CF90-4C6A-9479-71F3CF784682.jpeg