New Readers and Writers sub forum?

NEW!

Book and writers forum

Heads up.

One for the readers and writers.

Scot’s given the OK for a new sub forum in the Non Sailing part of the forum.

What else? Readers and Scribblers Anarchy. (or something :) )

Focus on all things nautical of course, but all Genres welcome.

Somewhere to talk about that great book you’ve just finished.

Post your short essays

Even an anarchistically organised book club.

Please PM me if you have any thoughts .

Meli

PS, there's a poll on the Sailing Anarchy Forum.

We're already on it . . 

8 hours ago, Left Shift said:

And the premise [of Haldeman's Forever War]is different from 1984 exactly how?

I'll treat that as a serious question - pretty rare on PA these days !!

It has been a while since I have read those two books (BTW, have you??), but 

FW cleverly uses the time travel element, which 84 does not. 

84 is earthbound, FW is not. 

In 84 the regime is more malevolent . . the protagonist is fooled, not tortured 

But as to the basic premise, if you reduce any anti-war books far enough, 

they are gonna be as General Smedley Butler described them in 

War is a Racket 

Hope that helps 

image.jpeg.d069d82c4a5ad1fc129cd38d43c1e854.jpeg

Good-Oh

Um I need people to vote on the poll in SA because Scot would like me to find a sponsor. Not a deal breaker  but I said I's see what I could do.

To do that I need to show that there's interest. Or not and save me some phone dollars.

There's a couple of small Nautical Book/map/chart shops in Florida, SoCal and Baltimore I'm going to call and chat with tonight.

So. please?

The Poll's anonymous so :)

2.5 billion results to book forum on google. This is a sailing board and you're not a sailor.

GA is there if you want to talk about a book.

38 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Um I need people to vote on the poll in SA because Scot would like me to find a sponsor.

Fuck Meli, now you are pimping for cash for the Ed?  Did he offer you a cut?

1 minute ago, Randro said:

Fuck Meli, now you are pimping for cash for the Ed?  Did he offer you a cut?

i dont think i'd get rich of 3/5 of fuck all :)

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

i dont think i'd get rich of 3/5 of fuck all :)

But I thought it was good enough for us to use this forum for the price of being marketed to constantly.  Is the next stage volunteering our time to make money for the site owner?  One that bans our arses for fuck all and is a rude cunt in the process?  Fuck that.

Just now, Randro said:

But I thought it was good enough for us to use this forum for the price of being marketed to constantly.  Is the next stage volunteering our time to make money for the site owner?  One that bans our arses for fuck all and is a rude cunt in the process?  Fuck that.

are you still grizzling about that? Ive been banned from forums, really, for no reason at all.. Get over it.

2 hours ago, Randro said:

So... why exactly do you continue to post here?

- DSK

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

are you still grizzling about that? Ive been banned from forums, really, for no reason at all.. Get over it.

I am over it.  But the lessons learned are still here. One of those is how things are done.

Just had a look and there are forums with no sponsor already.  It would be easier to get at sponsor if a forum was getting lots of posts.  Getting someone to pay the Owner for something that does not exist ... just a fair bit harder.

6 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

So... why exactly do you continue to post here?

- DSK

For the people who are here and the subject matter discussed.

6 hours ago, Randro said:

For the people who are here and the subject matter discussed.

And I assume for the lightly moderated nature of the place?

The willingness for the Admin to overlook blatant socks?

There is such a forum on another sailing site. 

Good, polite people - but not very deep in analysis 

And that is OK  

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

And I assume for the lightly moderated nature of the place?

The willingness for the Admin to overlook blatant socks?

Nah don't really care about the socks so much.  I had a go at one for a specific purpose, but it didn't end well and was a waste of my time really. 

The blatant spammers who post shit that farcebook is banning  is the problem here.  I don't mind the personal attacks, that's all part of the fun, but continuing to post bullshit that is dangerous is not ok.  COVID deniers are the worst, but there are others.

8 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

There is such a forum on another sailing site. 

Good, polite people - but not very deep in analysis 

And that is OK  

How do the good, polite people react to being called Nazis over there? Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, chum said:

How do the good, polite people react to being called Nazis over there? Asking for a friend.

There are conservatives over there, but no Nazis that I am aware of. 

No in-your-face hate, no stalking, no gratuitous obscenity. 

So you can tell right away that you are not on PA. 

And as you well know, I do not call conservatives Reichistas. 

It is a label one has to earn. 

Do you honestly think that the low-lifes who stormed the capitol, 

and those who support them, do not merit the Reich label ?? 

7 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

I think you've mistaken me for someone else you were ranting at, but carry on.

7 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

And as you well know, I do not call conservatives Reichistas. 

From my point of view you call anyone who doesn't agree with you a Nazi, but then I haven't been reading your drivel in awhile, you may have changed your habits here.

What you should do is start a new sub forum like Meli and ask to moderate that. You could hold court there just like the old days. You could give out reading assignments, grade essays, the whole nine yards. I'm sure it would be robustly attended.

You are entertaining sometimes at least when I do drop in on one of your many spats here.

1 hour ago, chum said:

I think you've mistaken me for someone else you were ranting at, but carry on.

From my point of view you call anyone who doesn't agree with you a Nazi, but then I haven't been reading your drivel in awhile, you may have changed your habits here.

What you should do is start a new sub forum like Meli and ask to moderate that. You could hold court there just like the old days. You could give out reading assignments, grade essays, the whole nine yards. I'm sure it would be robustly attended.

You are entertaining sometimes at least when I do drop in on one of your many spats here.

I'm not starting anything. neither have I ever suggested I ever moderate anything.

Why are you right wingers so insecure? Scared mommy might take your toys away and wash your nasty mouths out again?

There really is something deeply damaged with the likes of you, Mike in Seattle and Bluecrab . Bluecrab's even following the main post in SA. I mean who follows a thread that they have no interest in? unless it's to watch the reaction to their own nasty contributions and the pack behaviour.?

Bunch of shriveled little dicks.

I don’t know Meli, maybe I find you so objectionable because you’re here every day talking about all you find objectionable about America. It’s gets a little old after awhile, like a day or two. Actually you make me sick, so I don’t read much of your hate anyway. I have to admit to getting some guilty pleasure from seeing you roasted. 

Forgive me, but I thought I read where you wanted to start a book forum and you contacted the mods (again) about doing so. I never mentioned you wanted to moderate it, that was your inside voice I think.

I’m sure you have much experience in life with shriveled dicks.

Kind of reminds me of another Scot, but at least this one doesn't lie about making money off the forum.

Last time I posted stories on a public/private forum, they all got deleted, and disappeared into thin air when I disagreed with the forum owner's pet fella.

I'll be happy to post amusing anecdotes, but I'm unlikely to put the kind of effort I once did into something that I can't control ever again.

10 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

There are conservatives over there, but no Nazis that I am aware of. 

No in-your-face hate, no stalking, no gratuitous obscenity. 

Do they have many Homos?

10 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Do many of those that stormed the Capital post on here? You called me that and I have just checked my diary and I am pretty sure I wasn't in DC in early Feb.

I think a writers Forum is a great idea, I have wanted to try my hand at creative writing for some time. Here is a few lines - let me know if you think I have a future.

The morning light fell softly across her naked body. Her huge full breasts rose and fell with her gentle breathing, her erect nipples resembling AA batteries as they stood proudly, each casting a long shadow in the dawn light across her body down to the trimmed bush of her gaping women-hood. She turned her beautiful heart face towards me and as the fire in her eyes betrayed her wanton lust. She smiled and began stimulating herself and running her tongue around her full lips.

Her identical twin sister lay next to her and said, 'It my turned to be fucked first today' as she reached with her long slender fingers for my bulging horse member...

To be continued...

6 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

her erect nipples resembling AA batteries

keep ya day job .

10 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I think a writers Forum is a great idea, I have wanted to try my hand at creative writing for some time. Here is a few lines - let me know if you think I have a future.

The morning light fell softly across her naked body. Her huge full breasts rose and fell with her gentle breathing, her erect nipples resembling AA batteries as they stood proudly, each casting a long shadow in the dawn light across her body down to the trimmed bush of her gaping women-hood. She turned her beautiful heart face towards me and as the fire in her eyes betrayed her wanton lust. She smiled and began stimulating herself and running her tongue around her full lips.

Her identical twin sister lay next to her and said, 'It my turned to be fucked first today' as she reached with her long slender fingers for my bulging horse member...

To be continued...

How many pages until your Mom comes in and you plead with her to keep doing it until you just need glasses?

- DSK

On 4/14/2021 at 3:25 AM, Shortforbob said:

Poor poor Poisonous MelishortforTrump,,a Victim

I think I hear the band warming up, and I want the first dance.

https://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/221802-meli-you-stupid-cow/

:) 

On 4/15/2021 at 12:56 AM, Randro said:

Nah don't really care about

Go study up on dagger boards and center boards 

6 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

Poor poor Poisonous MelishortforTrump,,a Victim

I think I hear the band warming up, and I want the first dance.

https://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/221802-meli-you-stupid-cow/

:) 

Actually, Meli was banned from a certain forum for basically the same reason that I was. Standing up to a lying bully, and not backing down when the owner threatened not only us, but about a dozen other members. All banned for life from there now. I don't miss it at all. I do miss a few of the people that I neglected to get contact info from before I was purged.

On 4/16/2021 at 11:37 AM, LB 15 said:

To be continued...

If you included a lot of references to guns, Baby Jesus, and bad persons of Negro/Mexican heritage, you'd make millions.