A completly new theory of gravity, time dilation and dark matter.

Five years ago i was very surprised to learn that nobody understands what makes gravity work.  So I decided to solve it for myself.  After lots of study and ideas both good and bad, I've come up with a completely new concept based on gluon spin.  I wrote a paper on it.  I'm not an academic, so my paper won't meet scientific academic standards, but you are welcome to take a look and make any comments on the subject matter (but not on my looks or sanity).

There is even boat stuff and weather stuff involved!

Have fun!

GluonColourChargeTimeDilationGravityDarkMatter.pdf

19 minutes ago, Foolish said:

Five years ago i was very surprised to learn that nobody understands what makes gravity work.  So I decided to solve it for myself.  After lots of study and ideas both good and bad, I've come up with a completely new concept based on gluon spin.  I wrote a paper on it.  I'm not an academic, so my paper won't meet scientific academic standards, but you are welcome to take a look and make any comments on the subject matter (but not on my looks or sanity).

Have fun!

GluonColourChargeTimeDilationGravityDarkMatter.pdfUnavailable

"Unavailable". Maybe for the best.

11 minutes ago, Tax Man said:

The OP is in BC.  Weed has been legal there for a while.

What's legal got to do with it?

Foolish, for whatever BB reason, you can't upload PDF's to SA. Best bet is to link it from Google Docs or OneDrive, etc.

I don't think that everybody here is approaching a very serious subject with the appropriate amount gravitas.  It's a weighty subject and should be taken as such. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

you can't upload PDF's to SA

never tried BUT does changing the extension to .jpg , uploading and changing back to .pdf once downloaded work ?

Just now, Ed Lada said:

I don't think that everybody here is approaching a very serious subject with the appropriate amount gravitas.  It's a weighty subject and should be taken as such. 

low hanging fruit .

Just now, Ed Lada said:

I had to pick it before it fell and rotted on the ground.

outa repo , have an IOU :P

58 minutes ago, Foolish said:

Have fun!

GluonColourChargeTimeDilationGravityDarkMatter.pdfUnavailable

I think the pdf got sucked into a black hole....

1 minute ago, Mid said:

and now my head hurts ....

Certainly my head hurt a lot while I was doing this.  Then, one day I was listening to one of the most famous physicists talking about his profession and he said "you know how your head hurts when you think about something really complex, while our heads hurt like that every day." 

1 minute ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

I think the pdf got sucked into a black hole....

download it , I DARE ya :D

3 minutes ago, Mid said:

and now my head hurts ....

yeah... but I think it does explain why you don't fall thru the floor when you roll our of bed ... kinda sorta

Just now, Foolish said:

Certainly my head hurt a lot while I was doing this.  Then, one day I was listening to one of the most famous physicists talking about his profession and he said "you know how your head hurts when you think about something really complex, while our heads hurt like that every day." 

so basically you need machoistic tendencies ...

Just now, Bump-n-Grind said:

yeah... but I think it does explain why you don't fall thru the floor when you roll our of bed ... kinda sorta

see Foolish , that's the kind of stuff we need

1 minute ago, Mid said:

so basically you need machoistic tendencies ...

It's no different from launching a spinnaker in 25 knots of wind, singlehanded.  Fun while you're doing it but painful a few hours later.

one of the things I've been doing during the pandemic is rewatching all of the old Carl Sagan Cosmos shows and shit like "What the bleep do we know" and other rather esoteric science shows that have rolled out over the last few decades, so this didn't make my head hurt nearly as much as it would have, say, two years ago... it's not that I understand any of this shit more now, it's just that I've become more numb to those things that made my head hurt LOL

2 minutes ago, Foolish said:

It's no different from launching a spinnaker in 25 knots of wind, singlehanded.  Fun while you're doing it but painful a few hours later.

now that I understand :)

"viscosity of space"  my new favorite phrase of the day ;)

Time travel is fascinating. I've always wondered about the going back in time paradox of trying to changing things. Lately I've come to believe that you cannot change something that has already happened but that is where the creation of an alternate timeline happens and you may be stuck there. I think I read something about Quantum signatures that locks you to your time and moving about in time can create problems when you fuck with things.

Also from our point in time, how can you go forward in time when it has not happened yet? I know that time is not linear but still, the future is not written yet. 

2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Some may find the subject attractive such as one object to another.

8 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

Time travel is fascinating.

It's settled that travel into the past is impossible.  But travel into the future is rather simple.  If you were to take a rocket at a high speed, nearing the speed of light, OR if you were to orbit around a black hole for a little while, then when you return to Earth you would find yourself in the future, watching the year 3000 go by.  Have fun there!  

In  my paper I unify gravitational and kinetic time dilation.  As far as I know this is the first time this has been done.

Does this bathing suit make my vulva look fat? Be honest, honey!

3 minutes ago, VWAP said:

gravitity is working here

And you can clearly see time dilation at work.

working overtime ,,,,

my extremely underedumacated opinion on this subject is that sooner or later, all of the molecules-atoms-particles-gluons and muons and Biggs Hosuns  that make up our current configuration will end up getting sucked up into one black hole or another and spit out somewhere else to start all over again .... 

you may feel free to quote me on this at your own risk :blink:

2 minutes ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

my extremely underedumacated opinion on this subject is that sooner or later, all of the molecules-atoms-particles-gluons and muons and Biggs Hosuns  that make up our current configuration will end up getting sucked up into one black hole or another and spit out somewhere else to start all over again .... 

Surprisingly not.  The universe is expanding, and the rate of expansion is actually accelerating.  So we are spreading apart faster and faster.  The current thought is not that we collapse into another big crunch, but rather that all the galaxies separate enough that the sky becomes black.   But there is a lot of debate on this.

1 minute ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

end up getting sucked up into one black hole or another and spit out somewhere else to start all over again .... 

I wase kinda hoppeng foire that.....................               :)

e6bb346e1282767233d7b92a7cea2128.jpg

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Foolish said:

Surprisingly not.  The universe is expanding, and the rate of expansion is actually accelerating.  So we are spreading apart faster and faster.  The current thought is not that we collapse into another big crunch, but rather that all the galaxies separate enough that the sky becomes black.   But there is a lot of debate on this.

says you! becomes black where? 

shit may be too far away for "us" to see it. meaning that existing sources of light have burned out, but it's also speculated that there are sources of light too far away from us for their light to have made it here yet, or ever... or their light has already been sucked into black holes betwixt there and here.. so it keeps expanding... so what?  at some point, long after we're gone, the gravity will catch up ... I hope it does anyway, I'm still missing a few socks and car keys and I'm hoping they're out there somewhere... 

20 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I wase kinda hoppeng foire that.....................               :)

e6bb346e1282767233d7b92a7cea2128.jpg

I hope you're onto something here ... 

17 minutes ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

at some point, long after we're gone, the gravity will catch up ...

Currently the evidence is the opposite of this, that the universe will continue to expand and accelerate, forever. 

It was Edwin Hubble’s seminal 1929 PNAS paper, “A relation between distance and radial velocity among extra-galactic nebulae” (1), that led to a turning point in our understanding of the universe. In his short paper, Hubble presented the observational evidence for one of science’s greatest discoveries—the expanding universe. Hubble showed that galaxies are receding away from us with a velocity that is proportional to their distance from us: more distant galaxies recede faster than nearby galaxies

https://www.pnas.org/content/112/11/3173

Let me tell you that even if you dive deeply into this, it still takes a few years before some of these concepts make any sense. 

18 minutes ago, Foolish said:

Currently the evidence is the opposite of this, that the universe will continue to expand and accelerate, forever. 

It was Edwin Hubble’s seminal 1929 PNAS paper, “A relation between distance and radial velocity among extra-galactic nebulae” (1), that led to a turning point in our understanding of the universe. In his short paper, Hubble presented the observational evidence for one of science’s greatest discoveries—the expanding universe. Hubble showed that galaxies are receding away from us with a velocity that is proportional to their distance from us: more distant galaxies recede faster than nearby galaxies

https://www.pnas.org/content/112/11/3173

Let me tell you that even if you dive deeply into this, it still takes a few years before some of these concepts make any sense. 

I'm not a physicist, but I'm pretty sure that it's not Hubble that you're looking for to support the eternally expanding universe proposition.

Something to do with Dark Energy, perhaps? That's much more recent than 1929.

Just sayin'.

1 hour ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

at some point, long after we're gone, the gravity will catch up

Gravity is not a force...

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

Gravitey dose notte bende, it bendes lighte. 

The angelle of the earthe creates the 'darke earley' effectte.

Deepening_gravity_well.png

Gravity indeed bends.

3 hours ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

"viscosity of space"  my new favorite phrase of the day ;)

....missing the download,  I am wondering how this might translate to my favorite "flat earth theory"?

45 minutes ago, chuso007 said:

Gravity is not a force...

to be trifled with!!

Hmmm. Downloaded the PDF. My computer got bricked. Be careful out there.

3 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

Time travel is fascinating. I've always wondered about the going back in time paradox of trying to changing things. Lately I've come to believe that you cannot change something that has already happened but that is where the creation of an alternate timeline happens and you may be stuck there. I think I read something about Quantum signatures that locks you to your time and moving about in time can create problems when you fuck with things.

Also from our point in time, how can you go forward in time when it has not happened yet? I know that time is not linear but still, the future is not written yet. 

But the future HAS happened, we just aren't there yet.

6 hours ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

I'm not a physicist, but I'm pretty sure that it's not Hubble that you're looking for to support the eternally expanding universe proposition.

Something to do with Dark Energy, perhaps? That's much more recent than 1929.

Just sayin'.

Others hypothesized that the universe might be expanding before Hubble, but Hubble confirmed that expansion was in fact happening by analyzing the Doppler effect on star light.

Dark matter and dark energy are sort of like Krakens. We see evidence of strange physics, but we lack the full story.

8 hours ago, Foolish said:

In  my paper I unify gravitational and kinetic time dilation.  As far as I know this is the first time this has been done.

tenor.gif

Clicked on the URL version and some dodgy addresses spun up.  Synching something.

7 hours ago, apophenia said:

Dark matter and dark energy are sort of like Krakens. We see evidence of strange physics, but we lack the full story.

That's why I came up with an idea of dark matter in my paper. It should really be called dark gravity because there is no "matter" involved.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Randro said:

Clicked on the URL version and some dodgy addresses spun up.  Synching something.

It should just take you to my Sugarsync page where you can download the paper.

1 minute ago, Foolish said:

It should just take you to my Sugarsync page where you can download the paper.

I am by no means terribly well versed on physics.  A while back I dated a woman a few times that had a PhD in philosophy and a PhD in physics. which makes sense because most of the early physics scholars were philosophers as well.  At some point the two disciplines come together.  The woman was a university professor and had a way of explaining these concepts in a way that it made some sense to me.  But I quit dating her because I discovered she loved alcohol as much as she loved physics.  So my education in the subject ended abruptly.

But the way I understand it is that 'string theory' has all the answers because it just ties everything together.  With a nice neat bow even!  

Some of you actually clicked on his link??  From the "Master of Singlehanded Sailing" in his own mind to now Astrophysics from "not an academic".  This dude is not on the radar of any of the most brilliant minds on Earth and we should believe he came up with a completely new "correct" theory that no one has thought of before. 

My name is Bernie and I have something to sell you.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

But the way I understand it is that 'string theory' has all the answers because it just ties everything together.  With a nice neat bow even!  

EM_81282_PS12182020-EDS-394.jpg

not sure if I am pro or anti-matter

Oh well, doesn't matter.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

But the way I understand it is that 'string theory' has all the answers

Right now there is debate, about 50/50, on string theory versus loop quantum gravity as the ultimate theory.  I have a stronger belief in loop quantum gravity because it fits very well with the rest of my ideas.  But string theory requires some 10 dimensions and I just can't find any evidence that fits with that.  But both theories are well discussed in the literature.

1 minute ago, Foolish said:

Right now there is debate, about 50/50, on string theory versus loop quantum gravity as the ultimate theory.  I have a stronger belief in loop quantum gravity because it fits very well with the rest of my ideas.  But string theory requires some 10 dimensions and I just can't find any evidence that fits with that.  But both theories are well discussed in the literature.

Of course string theory requires 10 dimensions. Why do you think our numbers are based on 10s.  Coincidence?   The answer isn't 42, nobody in their right mind believes there are 42 dimensions except maybe VWAP and Douglas Adams.  So obviously the answer is 10.  QED.

2 hours ago, Snow Guy said:

This dude is not on the radar of any of the most brilliant minds on Earth and we should believe he came up with a completely new "correct" theory that no one has thought of before. 

I've done a lot of research on this and I have not found any papers that discuss gluon charge/spin as the source of gravity (but I have found quark spin as the source) but certainly that doesn't mean others have not thought of this and I just did not see their papers.  And in all my reading on loop quantum gravity, I have not found anyone else who has associated gluon charge and the gluon field with a dilation in time. But also that doesn't mean others have not discussed it, and I just haven't found it. 

Is my concept correct?  I don't know.  but at least it is plausible. I'd love to discuss it with a physicist if you know of one.

2 minutes ago, Foolish said:

Is my concept correct?  I don't know.  but at least it is plausible. I'd love to discuss it with a physicist if you know of one.

Caulleng Mickey, caulleng Mickey, plesae reportre to the witte curtissey phone.............                  :)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Caulleng Mickey, caulleng Mickey, plesae reportre to the witte curtissey phone.............                  :)

Oh, now you've done it!   

Why didn't you just say Beetlejuice 3 times.  Sheesh.

2 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:
5 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Oh, now you've done it!   

Why didn't you just say Beetlejuice 3 times.  Sheesh.

I stopte at to!  I wase tryning to be a reverente............                    :)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, nota said:

read the rules as they are very pickie about how a question is presented

I have been very heavily involved with physics forums, particularly the physics stack exchange, during my research over the past 5 years.  It was based on the answers I received that I was able to develop these concepts.  Unfortunately these types of forum do not appreciate new, speculative ideas.  As I mentioned in one discussion, I'll stick to earth, air, fire and water from now on.

21 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Ooo, dat's heavy, man

3 minutes ago, Foolish said:

I have been very heavily involved with physics forums, particularly the physics stack exchange, during my research over the past 5 years.  It was based on the answers I received that I was able to develop these concepts.  Unfortunately these types of forum do not appreciate new, speculative ideas.  As I mentioned in one discussion, I'll stick to earth, air, fire and water from now on.

Many of us would like to grok your new theory

- DSK

5 minutes ago, Foolish said:

very true that is why I would try simple Q's about spin and other points you mention

rather then dropping a whole new theory all at once there

but there are real PHd's who are willing to discuss stuff there IF you play by their rules

1 minute ago, nota said:

very true that is why I would try simple Q's about spin and other points you mention

I have already been through all of that.  It is only after all of these questions were answered that I was able to put the whole thing together.  I spent five years, with many wrong ideas, before I came up with this.  If you were to look at my earliest questions you would laugh.

I did not know Wikipedia can be used as a cite for a technical paper.  

I learned something new today.  Box checked.

10 hours ago, apophenia said:

Others hypothesized that the universe might be expanding before Hubble, but Hubble confirmed that expansion was in fact happening by analyzing the Doppler effect on star light.

Perhaps, but the OP cited to Hubble in support of his assertion of an eternally expanding universe. That was NOT Hubble. He did confirm the expansion, but it was decades before it was discovered that the rate of expansion was actually accelerating, not declining as expected. Again, I am neither a physicist nor cosmologist, but my understanding is that it was the discovery of this acceleration that led to the discovery/theory of dark energy (dark matter is an entirely different, and unrelated animal).

It is also my understanding that, while an eternally expanding universe is now more accepted than the "Big Crunch" (largely due to the 'discovery' of dark energy), that remains far from settled.

And of course, none of this takes into account the recent unexpected results from Fermi and CERN regarding the muon, which may well turn cosmological physics on its head. (See? Now it's morning!)

I would love to be corrected if I'm wrong here.

So why does the bacon grease spatter sideways and not straight up?

And what is that screechy noise from the other side of the room when I leave the mess and sit down to eat?

Physics is a strange science. 

• Like 1

last link worked

it created an MS word doc not a pdf

but is readable and caused no problems to d/l it

not sure I understand the total idea

but your presentation seems not to be whoo or BS

I would try to put basic parts in small bites to their Q page and see what they say about them

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell2 said:

did not know Wikipedia can be used as a cite for a technical paper.  

Go back to the op where I say that this paper does not meet the standards of an academic paper, because I'm not an academic. 

25 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

Perhaps, but the OP cited to Hubble in support of his assertion of an eternally expanding universe. That was NOT Hubble. He did confirm the expansion, but it was decades before it was discovered that the rate of expansion was actually accelerating, not declining as expected. Again, I am neither a physicist nor cosmologist, but my understanding is that it was the discovery of this acceleration that led to the discovery/theory of dark energy (dark matter is an entirely different, and unrelated animal).

It is also my understanding that, while an eternally expanding universe is now more accepted than the "Big Crunch" (largely due to the 'discovery' of dark energy), that remains far from settled.

And of course, none of this takes into account the recent unexpected results from Fermi and CERN regarding the muon, which may well turn cosmological physics on its head. (See? Now it's morning!)

I would love to be corrected if I'm wrong here.

I think we are in complete agreement, just possibly stumbling over words.

DE/DM is an unknown variable that we need to solve for. CERN and Fermi produce data in volumes that push the state of the art of IT, and that's on top of the data reduction that occurs within the instruments themselves.

28 minutes ago, Windward said:

So why does the bacon grease spatter sideways and not straight up?

And what is that screechy noise from the other side of the room when I leave the mess and sit down to eat?

Physics is a strange science. 

My biggest question for the past 35 years? Does the Earth weigh more? Or less? Than it did a thousand years ago?.....

16 minutes ago, Foolish said:

in total between 40,000 and 41,000 tonnes is being added to the mass of the planet each year.

See https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-16787636

But.....how IS that even possible? When you think about it....given that all that extra 'stuff'.....originated on our planet?....:D