Desirable and Undesirable Characteristics of Offshore Yachts

2 hours ago, Elegua said:

Very undesirable.  According to the intarwebs, it's a 1978 Pearson 323 named Delilah or maybe Ginny out of Virginia. 

I don't understand why this is in this thread. There appeared to be nothing wrong with the boat.

FKT

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That in no way diminishes the validity of their choices. They are buying the boat for themselves, not for you or me. I happen to prefer a deep fin, spade rudder, tall carbon rig, paradoxically on a wo

This has turned into Desirable and Undesirable Characteristics of Offshore Posters.

You know who to get the best advice from? Delivery skippers. It isn't their boat, they aren't in love with her and blind to her flaws. They have to get the boat from A to B despite the weather or

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Autonomous said:

Curious. Whatever the distress was it is not obvious to me.

There was some text at one point after they got the owner aboard. I think it said he tried to clear into Bermuda, was refused, was stooging about, got a bit far away, saw weather coming and asked for rescue.

I *think* that's what it said, not sure. Someone paying more attention will confirm, refute or add details.

FKT

A new category of disaster at sea: Covid distress.

Pretty sure SOLAS covers emergency entry when running out of water, food, etc. so maybe he was just distressed about not being able to have a beer at the White Horse in St Georges?

43 minutes ago, Jim in Halifax said:

A new category of disaster at sea: Covid distress.

Pretty sure SOLAS covers emergency entry when running out of water, food, etc. so maybe he was just distressed about not being able to have a beer at the White Horse in St Georges?

Even for a devout worshipper at the Church of Beer, it would a bit extreme to abandon your boat just because of a postponed pint.

I reckon that there must have been something deeper and darker going on in his head.  Poor divil.

5 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I don't understand why this is in this thread. There appeared to be nothing wrong with the boat.

FKT

It’s another boat sacrificed by an owner with poor characteristics. 

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

I buzzed through it on mute, but gleaned that he was waived off by Bermuda and told to stand by, with bad weather setting in.

What isn't apparent is whether this was this past June, or June 2020.  If June 2020, then it would have been understandable that Bermuda wouldn't let him in. However, they have been letting in other US boaters during the past couple of months.

Or maybe it's this:  No vaccination?  Notice that he is on deck with the ships' crew, and they are all wearing masks while talking with him. He is not.  Covid scoffer?