Encountered this problem too. O-rings are standard parts, widely available. The only knurled head machine screws I've been able to find have much smaller heads than the SpeedSeal ones. Hand tight isn't nearly as tight as I want.

Reverse that  -   McM C cancelled my order "due to the cost of complying with US export regulations"!

WTF, I thought Oz was one of the US's closest allies, not like sending something from the US to one of those commie countries such as France.....

(We do have to jump through all sorts of form-filling hoops to mail stuff to our family and friends in the US now too, all at the US end.)

1 hour ago, Fleetwood said:

Reverse that  -   McM C cancelled my order "due to the cost of complying with US export regulations"!

WTF, I thought Oz was one of the US's closest allies, not like sending something from the US to one of those commie countries such as France.....

(We do have to jump through all sorts of form-filling hoops to mail stuff to our family and friends in the US now too, all at the US end.)

They have never shipped to Canada, AFAIK. Count yourself lucky.

McMaster used to ship to Canada but pulled out. Nevertheless, search industrial suppliers or even Amazon for thumbscrews. You will need to know the thread size and length. Same with the O-ring. These are common industrial parts. 

US export regulations can be time consuming to deal with. Prohibitive if over $2500, otherwise just annoying. You weren't going to use them to enrich uranium were you?

1 hour ago, DDW said:

[…]You weren't going to use them to enrich uranium were you?

Great. Now we can all look forward to “The Probe” next time we fly. 

1 hour ago, DDW said:

McMaster used to ship to Canada but pulled out. Nevertheless, search industrial suppliers or even Amazon for thumbscrews. You will need to know the thread size and length. Same with the O-ring. These are common industrial parts. 

US export regulations can be time consuming to deal with. Prohibitive if over $2500, otherwise just annoying. You weren't going to use them to enrich uranium were you?

They shipped to Oz last time I ordered a couple of years ago but new paperwork came in not long after - makes posting Chrissie pressies to the rels in the US a pain in the arse.

(Fortunately the R/W impeller on my current boat is in the open so thumb screws are a luxury not a necessity, unlike my previous boat where it was essentially inaccessible.)

10 hours ago, Ishmael said:

They have never shipped to Canada, AFAIK. Count yourself lucky.

MC shipped some G10 sheets to me in ON in Feb. They are (were)also one of our main parts suppliers at the museum I was working at until it closed due to C19 last year. 

1 hour ago, wick said:

MC shipped some G10 sheets to me in ON in Feb. They are (were)also one of our main parts suppliers at the museum I was working at until it closed due to C19 last year. 

I had heard they would still ship to certain commercial/industrial customers in Canada who have established accounts, just not the plebes.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Ishmael said:

It's just had a rattle-can rebuild. Even the hoses are red where the blue masking tape isn't.

Incorrect. A friend just installed this in his previously engineless 36 footer. Ran for the first time just this week. 

1 hour ago, Orion Jim said:

Incorrect. A friend just installed this in his previously engineless 36 footer. Ran for the first time just this week. 

My bad. New or rebuild?

55 minutes ago, Orion Jim said:

Brand new Beta 25. Just removed from the crate a month ago. 

Wow. Not used to seeing everything sprayed down to the hose clamps.

They still forgot a piece of blue tape.

7 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Wow. Not used to seeing everything sprayed down to the hose clamps.

They still forgot a piece of blue tape.

There isn’t much they bother to mask. It was the same with the new Universal M-25XPB I installed back in 07. Here’s my buddy's Beta still in the crate.

0D8F79C4-B8E3-44E7-8197-B66E1F803E24.thumb.jpeg.e4948ef1c0bfa7127afbdaf9fc644da2.jpeg