SeaTow Automated Radio Check - Still Available?

I became used to doing an automated radio check via SeaTow's service (VHF Channel 27 where my boat is) before going out, I noticed I'm not getting a response anymore and the website looks like a "page not found".  Has this service stopped?

8 hours ago, silent bob said:

Just call for a “Radio Check” on channel 16, and wait for the Coast Guard or someone else to tell you to get of the channel!  

Jerome yelled at me for that when we were hooking up the antenna.:ph34r::lol:

1 hour ago, sidmon said:

Sea Tow discontinued the service last year. Never have seen a reason why...

Eh maybe their company is hurting and they cut whatever small cost this service represented.  Thanks though.

10 hours ago, BrickTopHarry said:

I became used to doing an automated radio check via SeaTow's service (VHF Channel 27 where my boat is) before going out, I noticed I'm not getting a response anymore and the website looks like a "page not found".  Has this service stopped?

It still works. There is no ad anymore, but if you go to 27 and key the mike and say "radio check" or (anything for that matter) you will hear your own voice return. 

• Like 1

SeaTows automated radio check is finished:

https://mariners.coastguard.blog/2020/10/19/performing-a-vhf-marine-radio-check/

Sea Tow Automated Radio Check System no longer available:

For several years, Sea Tow operated an Automated Radio Check System, which was available on VHF Channels 24 to 28 for the benefit of mariners in over 130 locations. However, on October 2nd, 2020 that service was discontinued.

• Like 1