• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I downvoted this bigoted comment.

I don't think what Waters said was helpful. I don't think we need to have protests become more confrontational, I think we need consistent and persistent messaging and demands for justice. Regardless

This is the right   

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Reading is fundamental bozo. You are late to the table, and you waste everyones time, as usual.

I am sorry, did I miss the "Maxine Waters is a racist cunt" thread?

22 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Reading is fundamental bozo. You are late to the table, and you waste everyones time, as usual.

Extorting a verdict is good?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

If there's still any P/A'ers here who have no clew that Maxine Waters is without a doubt the dumbest fuking racist cunt in American politics today (except perhaps for that racist Stacy Abrams cunt)...then y'all are are proving to me me that.....you all have gotten dumber over the years...instead of smarter. And that's pretty fuking sad...

So.... ^this^ is your idea of using fact and reasoning to support your political opinions?

And an expression of your superior intelligence?

- DSK

Just now, El Mariachi said:

Dude? I grew up next to her district...and did a lot of work there in that area. Trust me....she doesn't give a flying fuk about poor Negroes. Because if she did, after 35 years?.....there wouldn't BE any more poor Negroes in her district. 

But that's what the Leftistas do the best...create a problem....and then pretend that only they know how to solve it.

Democrats are far and away the most racist & bigoted fuking people on the planet. Can't wait to be here when their party finally fuking wither and die off forever....

Sorry, no

I don't "trust you"

You're druggie gun nut who apparently has fled the US, and can barely put a sentence together, and are totally zapped on hatred. You write some funny shit but that doesn't make you smart or right, and it also does not over rule the hateful spewage you continue to pour out

You should take a walk and enjoy some peaceful time to think things over... and lay off the shit

- DSK

• Like 1
1 minute ago, El Mariachi said:

Do you know ANYTHING at all about Maxine Waters? You ignorant fuk? Seriously....look up her track record.....then get back to us in a couple daze. The bitch is not only a fuking racist of the Nth degree.. .. she's dumber than two dead clams in a paper bag.....

Do you know anything other than spitting out insults?

Not a convincing argument for people who are not charmed by expressions of hatred

- DSK

reich-wingers are also 'unclear' why you shouldn't ever pour used motor oil in creeks. 'freedum'

8 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

'freedum'

stfu, you spastic, confused klown. it's all shit, and that's fact.

9 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Do you know ANYTHING at all about Maxine Waters?

Yes. 

She is a fucking legend!

10 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Do you know anything other than spitting out insults?

Not a convincing argument for people who are not charmed by expressions of hatred

- DSK

that's rich.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Bin laden hated Americans too, he just hated more. 

I know the witch is a hateful drog but Comparing Maxine to Osama is a bit strong, don’t ya think?

8 minutes ago, benwynn said:

This is not "the left".  It's Maxine Waters.

It's would be like quoting you and saying "This is The Right".    Not everyone on The Right is an idiot.

Says who?

13 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Do you know ANYTHING at all about Maxine Waters? You ignorant fuk? Seriously....look up her track record.....then get back to us in a couple daze. The bitch is not only a fuking racist of the Nth degree.. .. she's dumber than two dead clams in a paper bag.....

How about some cites about her "track record"? 

What has she done that is so awful ?? 

What evidence do you have that she is racist ?? 

Your name-calling is not persuasive . . not at all ?  

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

It's would be like quoting you and saying "This is The Right".    Not everyone on The Right is an idiot.

51 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Says who?

Says everyone who has decided not to be a part of the problem.  At this point in American politics, in the country I think there are around 12 of us. 

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

Curious. Do you think black people should take it, you know, lying down?

32 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

I've never used that particular word spelt like that in my entire life

used it? sounds like you live it, ffs. 'freedum'

I don't think what Waters said was helpful. I don't think we need to have protests become more confrontational, I think we need consistent and persistent messaging and demands for justice. Regardless of the outcome of this trial, there is a lot of work to be done. We should not look at the outcome of this one trial as something that should change the approach or direction of the racial justice movement. That leaves way too much power in the hands of just one person out of twelve on the jury to turn the nation in one direction or another. This is and should be bigger than that. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Curious. Do you think black people should take it, you know, lying down?

No.  I think people should stay the fuck out of trials in progress. Especially elected officials.

The system is designed to present all admissible evidence, in a very systematic fashion, to selected people in the room.  The rules are copiously explained to all of them.  They are to ignore any outside influences, and as difficult as that can be for any human being, it is made far more difficult when some stupid ass elected official is basically calling for a verdict and inferring consequence if that verdict is not reached.  It is flat out irresponsible.   I simply cannot fathom how anyone would evaluate it as otherwise. 

If the cop is found not guilty, we need to know why, and consider re-examining laws, procedures, rules, and process.    Alternatively, to have verdicts decided on the streets is a very, very dangerous precedent, regardless of the justification. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, benwynn said:

No.  I think people should stay the fuck out of trials in progress. Especially elected officials.

The system is designed to present all admissible evidence, in a very systematic fashion, to selected people in the room.  The rules are copiously explained to all of them.  They are to ignore any outside influences, and as difficult as that can be for any human being, it is made far more difficult when some stupid ass elected official is basically calling for a verdict and inferring consequence if that verdict is not reached.  It is flat out irresponsible.   I simply cannot fathom how anyone would evaluate it as otherwise. 

If the cop is found not guilty, we need to know why, and consider re-examining laws, procedures, rules, and process.    Alternatively, to have verdicts decided on the streets is a very, very dangerous precedent, regardless of the justification. 

I agree that it is irresponsible, but I need to hear it from the jurors as to whether or not they knew about Rep. Waters' comments before reaching a verdict or an impasse. The motion for mistrial would have been argued and discussed with the jury out of the room. I would be surprised if the jury were not instructed prior to trial to avoid watching the news until after the trial. 

It is imperative that Officer Chauvin receive a fair trial. I think he has. The Judge has been careful to keep stuff out of the record that would open pathways to appeal. This verdict will not be decided on the street, though there are undoubtedly several million people who watched Mr. Floyd's slow agonizing death. It's a lot simpler to gaslight that one jury than to convince several million that they didn't see what their eyes saw. 

@benwynnI fathom it as otherwise.

While I agree with some of your explanation--the system is designed to present all admissible evidence--this is not a grand jury. It is a public trial. That evidence is presented to the jury and it is presented to us. Now the Tucker Carlsons can imagine that Waters broke some law; that would be imagining. The judge can tut tut that there will be some consequences and that in my mind is as bad as any interpretation of what Waters said. Be that all as is may be, that evidence is presented to us as well and the jury knows that.

What Waters said is no different from what Biden said, praying for the “right verdict”. I simply cannot fathom how anyone would evaluate that as otherwise.

Judging from Ben's well considered response, I think I was specific enough. I think he understood my question clearly; he can say otherwise if he thinks otherwise. And I understand his response. Lake of clarity is not the problem here. This is just two adults disagreeing. Not to suck too much dick here, but Ben well knows he's one of my favorite posters. I've said it a few times.

34 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

You kneed to be a little more specific here.....

And you do as well. 

Still waiting for ANYTHING in way way of evidence about Auntie Maxine's badness. 

Your posts are typical of the Reich . .  

nothing more than juvenile name calling. 

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It's a lot simpler to gaslight that one jury than to convince several million that they didn't see what their eyes saw. 

I am surprised that you would consider factors to consider to reach a verdict are as simple as an observation of video from a camera phone. 

7 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I am surprised that you would consider factors to consider to reach a verdict are as simple as an observation of video from a camera phone. 

There is plenty of eyewitness testimony in the record from this trial for the jury to know what happened, but the jury also saw the video. 

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

@benwynnI fathom it as otherwise.

While I agree with some of your explanation--the system is designed to present all admissible evidence--this is not a grand jury. It is a public trial. That evidence is presented to the jury and it is presented to us. Now the Tucker Carlsons can imagine that Waters broke some law; that would be imagining. The judge can tut tut that there will be some consequences and that in my mind is as bad as any interpretation of what Waters said. Be that all as is may be, that evidence is presented to us as well and the jury knows that.

What Waters said is no different from what Biden said, praying for the “right verdict”. I simply cannot fathom how anyone would evaluate that as otherwise.

I didn't say it was any different.  Biden is just as much an idiot for making that comment. 

As for your pointing out that this is a public trial, the jury is supposed to avoid new reports, and only consider what is presented at trial.  The public, in general, has been watching all the sideline bullshit.  And it is my understanding that while the jury is now sequestered, they were not when Waters introduced the idea that the verdict they reach will have consequences.   A juror should be making a decision based on the evidence at hand and the rules thereof, not making a decision based on the future safety of them, their families, and their community.  Maybe you feel differently.

8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There is plenty of eyewitness testimony in the record from this trial for the jury to know what happened, but the jury also saw the video. 

As well as very specific direction as to what is needed for each charge, and what statements to disregard.  The opinion from someone who watched every single minute of that trial, giving the attention to it at the level of a juror has some merit.   I doubt Maxine gave it this amount of attention, given she should have other shit to do.  And I would be surprised if half of the people on the receiving end of Maxine's comments watched much of the trial, if at all.

3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Verdict in. I'll assume that means no hung jury which I think was Chauvin's best chance.

Agreed.  Guilty.  Now... Had Water's kept her mouth shut, we would be done.  But now we won't be.   If there is value in what she did, I sure as shit don't see it.

Perhaps I could point out that anyone who thinks they will get a fair trial doesn't understand how the system works - for instance without videos now available none of these shootings would be more than a mention in the news if that.  Look up T Cullen Davis - acquitted of 2 murders even though there was an eye witness. The best legal team wins, see O.J. Simpson.  Poor people get convicted, the wealthy walk and until very recently that also applied to the police. 

Black people are convicted and executed at a much higher rate than whites and since I am white am not going to condemn someone who is black for making a statement. Would it be better if they didn't? I think so but it would be better if we had legal reform to include not allowing attorneys to lie in court and put the victim on trial.  Anyone who thinks the police will and do lie should go ahead and buy my unicorn ranch complete with rainbows. I have personal experience about that having once faced felony drug charges based on planted drugs and cops lying.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

I have personal experience about that having once faced felony drug charges based on planted drugs and cops lying.

I'll go out on a limb and say that public officials publicly expressing the need for you to be found guilty would not have been constructive.

16 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Agreed.  Guilty.  Now... Had Water's kept her mouth shut, we would be done.  But now we won't be.   If there is value in what she did, I sure as shit don't see it.

She's a walking advertisement of why we should have mandatory age retirement requirements for politicians.  I heard her use the word confrontational and never directly advocated violence but it was clearly inflammatory.  I agreed with an earlier comment you made about politicians should never get involved in ongoing judicial processes.

I can't excuse Chauvin for remaining  on Floyd's neck long after any semblance of resistance had ended.  Let him reflect on his actions for the next 12 or so years in jail.   

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Verdict will be read in less than an hour. Buckle up, Gurlz, you're all in for a ride this afternoon.....

Why?  He's being found guilty.  Who do you think is going to riot?  There will be something that looks like street parties in a few places but I don't expect them to be violent.  

14 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Verdict will be read in less than an hour. Buckle up, Gurlz, you're all in for a ride this afternoon.....

50D22F13-E2FE-42C8-AB92-BE7B816CE6E9.jpeg

39 minutes ago, benwynn said:

As well as very specific direction as to what is needed for each charge, and what statements to disregard.  The opinion from someone who watched every single minute of that trial, giving the attention to it at the level of a juror has some merit.   I doubt Maxine gave it this amount of attention, given she should have other shit to do.  And I would be surprised if half of the people on the receiving end of Maxine's comments watched much of the trial, if at all.

She needs to learn the standard line "we do not comment on pending litigation". 

18 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Angry Bubbas storming the Capitol again?

35 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I'm not sure how what Waters said was any different from what these responsible Republicans said.

https://apnews.com/article/police-trials-minnesota-minneapolis-local-governments-964e208c27a6fc6a9c991f01cb384591

13 minutes ago, Sean said:

10 hours of deliberation. The only question is which of the charges has he been found guilty of.

That would be an interesting question for the folks surrounding Waters during her tirade.  Or maybe even a question for Waters, herself.

"What specific charges presented do you feel he should be found guilty of?"

The blinking stares would reinforce what I have been saying.

3 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

You obviously have no clue what's going across the country at this moment...wrt to the current protective preparations by the police, the sheriffs, the National Guard......and fuk knows who else (and I'm sure by private business owners as well). Even 1900 miles west of the court house....here in Hell-A. Trust me, professional rioters don't really need a reason to riot.....it's instinct & in the their DNA......

Well, I hope I do have a clue and that you're wrong.  We definitely will see.  

5 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

You obviously have no clue what's going across the country at this moment.

It’s true I’m really not up to speed with the happenings in Mexico particularly the shithole barrio you’re holed up in...

So much bullshit about how much influence Maxine Waters has. Get real, jurors are just as good at ignoring her as they are at realizing the very real risk of offending thousands of cops by finding one of their own guilty of murder.

If you don’t understand that plenty of America’s trials have been decided based on white supremacy exerting economic, social and law enforcement pressure then you’re an idiot.

Calling out Maxine Waters’ statements as heinous is simply a stark realization that the playing field is changing and other forces are starting to matter as much, somewhat drowning out voices of hate.

32 minutes ago, Nice! said:

1) She shouldn't have said that. 

2) Where were you when Trump said numerous things that were measurably worse?

What say you, @warbird?

These hypocritical racist fucks don't give a shit.  Trump is rich, white and hates the same people they do.  Fuck them.  

1 hour ago, Nice! said:

1) She shouldn't have said that. 

2) Where were you when Trump said numerous things that were measurably worse?

What say you, @warbird?

In one of these threads is the full text of DJT's speech.  Show us all where he said anything of the sort.

3 minutes ago, warbird said:

In one of these threads is the full text of DJT's speech.  Show us all where he said anything of the sort.

Our brightest days are before us, our greatest achievements still wait. I think one of our great achievements will be election security because nobody until I came along, had any idea how corrupt our elections were. And again, most people would stand there at 9:00 in the evening and say, “I want to thank you very much,” and they go off to some other life, but I said, “Something’s wrong here. Something’s really wrong. Can’t have happened.” And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.

Donald Trump: (01:12:21)
Our exciting adventures and boldest endeavors have not yet begun. My fellow Americans for our movement, for our children and for our beloved country and I say this, despite all that’s happened, the best is yet to come.

Donald Trump: (01:12:43)
So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, I love Pennsylvania Avenue, and we’re going to the Capitol and we’re going to try and give… The Democrats are hopeless. They’re never voting for anything, not even one vote. But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones, because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

Donald Trump: (01:13:19)
So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I want to thank you all. God bless you and God bless America. Thank you all for being here, this is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you.

1 minute ago, warbird said:

Read the real text of Trump's speech, not the rewrite of history version. Better yet, check it out on Youtube, it won't hurt your head so much trying to understand the words.

22 minutes ago, warbird said:

Our brightest days are before us, our greatest achievements still wait. I think one of our great achievements will be election security because nobody until I came along, had any idea how corrupt our elections were. And again, most people would stand there at 9:00 in the evening and say, “I want to thank you very much,” and they go off to some other life, but I said, “Something’s wrong here. Something’s really wrong. Can’t have happened.” And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.

Our exciting adventures and boldest endeavors have not yet begun. My fellow Americans for our movement, for our children and for our beloved country and I say this, despite all that’s happened, the best is yet to come.

So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, I love Pennsylvania Avenue, and we’re going to the Capitol and we’re going to try and give… The Democrats are hopeless. They’re never voting for anything, not even one vote. But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones, because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I want to thank you all. God bless you and God bless America. Thank you all for being here, this is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you.

Wow.  I didn't think his speech was that short.  

Thanks for apparently posting every thing he fucking said.  You're right.  Nothing of the sort is in there.

Anyone else care to reinforce the delusion?   Kinda fun, in a way. 

25 minutes ago, warbird said:

How about this?

22 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

This is the right 

The second she said she was a woman of god; god should have smited her raggedy ass.

20 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

The second she said she was a woman of god; god should have smited her raggedy ass.

Smited? What is the past tense... smote? 

Whatev :rolleyes: I love how the cop ended her rant with a definitive gesture.

9 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Smited? What is the past tense... smote? 

Whatev :rolleyes: I love how the cop ended her rant with a definitive gesture.

Smotified?

2 hours ago, warbird said:

I didn't specifically call out any one speech. I said "numerous times". That you made the assumption that it was about January 6th indicates what you really know to be true about that speech.

At any rate, Bus Driver posted a video in this thread. That's what I was referring to. Where were you when he said those numerous and measurably worse things than Waters?

3 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

1). Look at the crime rate in America.

2). Then look at the racial diversity & percentages of who commits the most crimes here.

3). THEN.....look at the racial distribution and ethnicity of America's make-up.

4). Afterwards? Maybe the Black community needs another 46 'The Talks'. Cuz apparently....following simple guidelines like not being criminals nor following simple demands from the police and acting civilly and politely.....hasn't quite set in yet in their community. Like we've all been saying for years....play stupid games, get shot. I'm seriously fuking tired of trying to make excuses for these dipshits...let alone feigning remorse. They're fuking adults, they know the police are armed.....and they should either behave appropriately...or stay indoors. Fuk me but this ain't rocket surgery.....

Do you think there is more to it than this? 

If a society is setup to make it more difficult for a group of people to get a job, a job that can provide enough money to support that person and their family is it a surprise that they need to look at other means to an end? 

Or, that working 3 jobs and never getting ahead sucks the drive, motivation and hope out of a person so they then turn to an escape (pick your intoxicating substance of choice) that possibly leads to alternative ways to support that escape?

After all, humans at their basic level are just animals, and when we're backed into a corner (literally or figuratively) we tend to revert to those fighting survival instincts, the logical thought processes go out the window.  If someone was pointing a gun at me, police or not, I don't know if my brain would able to rationally make decisions, follow complex and often conflicting demands/orders.

We have similar issues facing us in Australia, and the problem doesn't have a simple solution, if it did, I feel it would no longer be a problem.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, warbird said:

I didn't specifically call out any one speech. I said "numerous times". That you made the assumption that it was about January 6th indicates what you really know to be true about that speech.

At any rate, Bus Driver posted a video in this thread. That's what I was referring to. So I ask again. Where were you when Trump said those numerous and measurably worse things than Waters?

8 minutes ago, bowman81 said:

Do you think there is more to it than this? 

If a society is setup to make it more difficult for a group of people to get a job, a job that can provide enough money to support that person and their family is it a surprise that they need to look at other means to an end? 

Or, that working 3 jobs and never getting ahead sucks the drive, motivation and hope out of a person so they then turn to an escape (pick your intoxicating substance of choice) that possibly leads to alternative ways to support that escape?

After all, humans at their basic level are just animals, and when we're backed into a corner (literally or figuratively) we tend to revert to those fighting survival instincts, the logical thought processes go out the window.  If someone was pointing a gun at me, police or not, I don't know if my brain would able to rationally make decisions, follow complex and often conflicting demands/orders.

We have similar issues facing us in Australia, and the problem doesn't have a simple solution, if it did, I feel it would no longer be a problem.

So let us "up" innercity education with choice and free our innercity youth from the stranglehold of union educators.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

How about this?

Waiting for @warbird to actually comment on the shit said by The Former Guy, since he has such a hard-on for what Rep. Waters said.

Of course, he has ducked the request for comment, and will likely continue to do so.  Spineless coward.  Like a Planaria.

11 minutes ago, bowman81 said:
  28 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

1). Look at the crime rate in America.

2). Then look at the racial diversity & percentages of who commits the most crimes here.

3). THEN.....look at the racial distribution and ethnicity of America's make-up.

It appears that you now claim to live in the USA. What happened to the "I live in Baja, Mexico on the beach and drink and surf all day, and drink and fuck all night" Schtick?

11 minutes ago, warbird said:

So let us "up" innercity education with choice and free our innercity youth from the stranglehold of union educators.

Why don't we "up" our rural school education, and health care so that our red neck friends' children are a little more enlightened than they are? No unions out here in Cow country, but the kids still think "Africa" is a country, and that most immigrants are criminals.

Ask them where their grandparents came from.... "Uh.... Here I guess...." how about their parents? "Uh.... I dunno.... Here I guess..."

What's your last name? "Um.... McLaughlin...."

Do you know anything about Ireland?

"Yeah! That's where leppercons live!"

• Like 2