Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Name recognition is everything.

How many people would vote for him, saying "I really liked him in..."?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Name recognition is everything.

How many people would vote for him, saying "I really liked him in..."?

Isn't this the dude that did those commercials for some gay-ass chick cars a few years back?.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

A raccoon could have run the country better than Turnip.

And a dead one at that

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

Isn't this the dude that did those commercials for some gay-ass chick cars a few years back?.....

Lincoln, not that I would really consider them chick cars. He did a movie called the Lincoln Lawyer a while back which I am assuming is the reason Lincoln brought him in for the ads. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Libertarian family background. 

To me, it would be nutso to vote for him without 

knowing what his politics are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps someone with relevant experience and a background in the field would be a better fit than an actor, for such an important position. There may be some relevant recent examples of what to expect when electing someone with no experience. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Perhaps someone with relevant experience and a background in the field would be a better fit than an actor, for such an important position. There may be some relevant recent examples of what to expect when electing someone with no experience. 

No doubt. The challenge is that in our current culture, the celebrity can get the job even if there is no evidence they can do the job. The parties are concerned first and foremost with getting the job, and only later, if ever, concern themselves with doing the job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LenP said:

No doubt. The challenge is that in our current culture, the celebrity can get the job even if there is no evidence they can do the job. The parties are concerned first and foremost with getting the job, and only later, if ever, concern themselves with doing the job. 

Well, if you gotta fake till ya make it I guess an actor could be helpful........

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who remembers the naked bongo episode?  This write-up is absolutely hilarious!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/matthew-mcconaughey-1999-nude-bongo-arrest-174327112.html

...He had a crazy idea when being led handcuffed through the gated passageway to the street, deciding — while “still naked and reluctant to submit to the inevitably of my predicament” — to run up the wall, do a somersault backflip over the less civil cop, who was behind him.

“My thinking was that in mid-flight, while upside down in the air, I would assume a pike position and then slide my cuffed wrists under my butt and up and over my legs, and then stick the landing ... with my fettered hands in front of me.” He thought “pulling off such an extraordinary Houdini-like stunt, the officers would be so impressed they would abrogate the arrest and set me free,” adding, “I know, stupid, but I’d been celebrating for 32 and a half hours straight.”

...

Walking into the Austin Police Station, he declined pants for the third time — but was eventually swayed by the fourth offer. It was not by a cop, but a 6-foot-6, 285-pound, tatted up working inmate, who held out a pair of orange institutional pants. While he again dropped his “proof of my innocence line,” the inmate said, “Trust me, you do wanna put these on.”

“Maybe it was his honest eyes or the fact that he was a fellow offender or ... the realization that when a 6-foot, 6-inch jailbird built like a brick shithouse tells you, ‘You do wanna put on some pants before you go in the clink,’ it’s probably best to listen.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Who remembers the naked bongo episode?  This write-up is absolutely hilarious!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/matthew-mcconaughey-1999-nude-bongo-arrest-174327112.html

...He had a crazy idea when being led handcuffed through the gated passageway to the street, deciding — while “still naked and reluctant to submit to the inevitably of my predicament” — to run up the wall, do a somersault backflip over the less civil cop, who was behind him.

“My thinking was that in mid-flight, while upside down in the air, I would assume a pike position and then slide my cuffed wrists under my butt and up and over my legs, and then stick the landing ... with my fettered hands in front of me.” He thought “pulling off such an extraordinary Houdini-like stunt, the officers would be so impressed they would abrogate the arrest and set me free,” adding, “I know, stupid, but I’d been celebrating for 32 and a half hours straight.”

...

Walking into the Austin Police Station, he declined pants for the third time — but was eventually swayed by the fourth offer. It was not by a cop, but a 6-foot-6, 285-pound, tatted up working inmate, who held out a pair of orange institutional pants. While he again dropped his “proof of my innocence line,” the inmate said, “Trust me, you do wanna put these on.”

“Maybe it was his honest eyes or the fact that he was a fellow offender or ... the realization that when a 6-foot, 6-inch jailbird built like a brick shithouse tells you, ‘You do wanna put on some pants before you go in the clink,’ it’s probably best to listen.”

:lol:......

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Libertarian family background. 

To me, it would be nutso to vote for him without 

knowing what his politics are. 

 

And on your left folks, you'll see this odd little exhibit, a Retired Political "Science" Professor who doesn't seem to understand that in order to vote for the Governor of Texas, one must be a resident of the State of Texas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Perhaps someone with relevant experience and a background in the field would be a better fit than an actor, for such an important position. There may be some relevant recent examples of what to expect when electing someone with no experience. 

No experience ... so like listening to an ex-attorney about pathogens?

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, mikewof said:

 

And on your left folks, you'll see this odd little exhibit, a Retired Political "Science" Professor who doesn't seem to understand that in order to vote for the Governor of Texas, one must be a resident of the State of Texas.

Are you at all well ?? 

I never suggested any such thing  . . 

You are wrong once more. 

wrong . . . wrong . . . wrong . . . wrong . . . wrong

and still wrong 

for once in your life, admit an error.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Or the 7 million Angelenos who took every single fuking word from this Dr. Ferrar chick as gospel...who, just like Joe the Molestor's wife....isn't even a real fuking doctor. Despite her $400k a year salary......

 

https://www.latimes.com/california/00000178-6144-d3d0-ad7b-e377aefb0000-123

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

And one more for the ignore list - stirring the pot with a short spoon, trolling with crap bait is a sorry way to spend your time here.

No worries, Brah.....Christmas cards ain't cheap these daze.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

And one more for the ignore list - stirring the pot with a short spoon, trolling with crap bait is a sorry way to spend your time here.

Took you long enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Took you long enough.

Being ignored by the Tax Evading Bitch King of Road Eyeland.....is like being ignored by Amy Shumer. Or  a winged giraffe.......:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

After the movie Fail Safe I always though Henry Fonda would have made a good President. The fact that he has been dead for a long time likely means he could not do the job very well (better than Trump of course but that is a remarkably low bar). Not sure which current actor would be good, Kiefer Sutherland has experience but not an American. I guess he could be governor of Texas. His grandfather, Tommy Douglas, was a famous lefty who was responsible for the first public healthcare system in North America. He was selected in a broad public vote in 2004 as the most outstanding Canadian.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Isn't this the dude that did those commercials for some gay-ass chick cars a few years back?.....

Si 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dacapo said:

Si 

Hetero sexual males should NOT be driving sedans. Two door OR 4 doors.

Ever.

As in like.....never.

 

 

FB_IMG_1612884226080.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

After the movie Fail Safe I always though Henry Fonda would have made a good President. The fact that he has been dead for a long time likely means he could not do the job very well (better than Trump of course but that is a remarkably low bar). Not sure which current actor would be good, Kiefer Sutherland has experience but not an American. I guess he could be governor of Texas. His grandfather, Tommy Douglas, was a famous lefty who was responsible for the first public healthcare system in North America. He was selected in a broad public vote in 2004 as the most outstanding Canadian.

Being a Canadian doesn't (apparently) prevent you from holding public office in Texas, or even running for POTUS (If you're from Canada via Texas).

Cambridge Analytica worked for Mercer-backed Ted Cruz before Trump — Quartz

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Tommy Douglas, was a famous lefty who was responsible for the first public healthcare system in North America. He was selected in a broad public vote in 2004 as the most outstanding Canadian.

My hero - M4A !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Being a Canadian doesn't (apparently) prevent you from holding public office in Texas, or even running for POTUS (If you're from Canada via Texas).

Cambridge Analytica worked for Mercer-backed Ted Cruz before Trump — Quartz

He's not one of us. Nope.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

About 15 years ago Matthew Mc was up in our neck of the tropics shooting a movie. He turned up at our gig, , I had no idea who he was. He got well fucked up on tequila shooters, did a spot of dirty dancing and groping with various starstruck drunk chicks, followed the band out the back when we had a break, had to be reminded not to bogart our shared joint, acted very disappointed when we told him sorry, we don't have any coke, and was later escorted out by some movie company minders who'd been searching for him all over town.

All the necessary qualifications for a politician.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mikewof said:

No experience ... so like listening to an ex-attorney about pathogens?

Or a multi-socked long-winded nutball who does not know the basics of how a virus replicates

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Happy said:

About 15 years ago Matthew Mc was up in our neck of the tropics shooting a movie. He turned up at our gig, , I had no idea who he was. He got well fucked up on tequila shooters, did a spot of dirty dancing and groping with various starstruck drunk chicks, followed the band out the back when we had a break, had to be reminded not to bogart our shared joint, acted very disappointed when we told him sorry, we don't have any coke, and was later escorted out by some movie company minders who'd been searching for him all over town.

All the necessary qualifications for a politician.

Just Keep Living!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 5:37 AM, Steam Flyer said:

Or a multi-socked long-winded nutball who does not know the basics of how a virus replicates

- DSK

You are apparently referring to your ignorance, that you used to actually believe that every time a virus entered a cell it exploded it like some kind of biological party popper.

That you supposedly work in healthcare makes your ignorance all the more disgraceful. But yeah, you'll continue to bang your demented little drum in the hopes that I'll forget about your own stupidity regarding virions. But guess what? As long as you keep bringing it up, I'll keep reminding your of your own nonsense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2021 at 3:50 PM, AJ Oliver said:

Are you at all well ?? 

I never suggested any such thing  . . 

You are wrong once more. 

wrong . . . wrong . . . wrong . . . wrong . . . wrong

and still wrong 

for once in your life, admit an error.  

Perhaps you need to have that weird little argument with yourself ...

On 4/20/2021 at 12:34 PM, AJ Oliver said:

To me, it would be nutso to vote for him without 

knowing what his politics are. 

Did you suddenly become a resident of Texas? AJ ... you might consider yourself a bit Texan, but to a Texan, you're no Texan.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Mike, get some help before you lose it entirely. 

@mikewof

Cry me a river. Most of us here can write stupid things about politics and shrug it off, because we don't claim this "Retired Political Scientist Professor" thing that you do, as you brag about your friggen GRE score.

So when you write stupid things, as you did up there are your hypothetical vote in Texas, you should kind of expect that some of us are going to fuck with you about it. Your sense of humor is about as critically developed as a Dixie Cup filled with poodle shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mikewof said:

your hypothetical vote in Texas

Right, so you do understand my comment was "hypothetical" in nature. 

And you chose to go all hissy-fit on it anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Right, so you do understand my comment was "hypothetical" in nature. 

And you chose to go all hissy-fit on it anyway. 

I pointed out the general nonsense of an intellectual-miscreant telling a bunch of Texans how they should vote based on his hypothetical vote in a state in which he hypothetically lives.

Why even pollute the airwaves with nonsense like that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...