Fucking A! What is it w/ puppies?! Every fucking thing can be a chew toy (except store bought chew toys). They sleep all day, and the second the sun sets they become demon possessed monsters. Then they snore all night, and at the crack of dawn, the demon possession starts again, until they've been fed. Then they either try to eat the cat, dig up the yard, or help with the taking out of the garbage (not), until noon. Then they sleep..... Unless they hear something being opened, or moved, or closed.... In which case they need to investigate thoroughly. Then they nap again, until sunset....

Don't get me wrong, I love puppies, but my god! They never used to be such needy creatures when I was younger.

7 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Fucking A! What is it w/ puppies?! Every fucking thing can be a chew toy (except store bought chew toys). They sleep all day, and the second the sun sets they become demon possessed monsters. Then they snore all night, and at the crack of dawn, the demon possession starts again, until they've been fed. Then they either try to eat the cat, dig up the yard, or help with the taking out of the garbage (not), until noon. Then they sleep..... Unless they hear something being opened, or moved, or closed.... In which case they need to investigate thoroughly. Then they nap again, until sunset....

Don't get me wrong, I love puppies, but my god! They never used to be such needy creatures when I was younger.

Thisse soundes licke you our quallifide to write a childrens booke.............                     :)

26 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Aren't they just precious!

28 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

you weren't as old and grumpy when you were younger ;)

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that they like to crawl under the computer desk and sleep on your feet, and fart puppy chow farts that can literally curl your hair and drive you from the room. Then they look at their own butt holes and get that "Oh my gawd! What crawled up my asshole and died in there?" look.

1 minute ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

you weren't as old and grumpy when you were younger ;)

I've always been cranky, never grumpy. I was cranky as a toddler, as a young child, as a teen, as a 20 something, and so forth.

A trait I inherited from my Grandfather.

No worries Lefty, it'll only last 18 months or so, then seemingly overnight they become well behaved, well mannered adult companions.

We've both agreed Abby will be our last puppy. We're too old for that shit.

enhance

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Please post a pic or two.  

of the puppies ...

N_pPmL8XcOeqNtOp1o5mAb1GYpsW1foZsNH_Kf2nvCyW5hgOl9KEHKDvw6mzBJFdb-BV23egpkyCKyzA7f4CaV-Avv9cAaGGt0t_CFujixKDMoWHSAcdcQPVDrYEkOrmIbGJDZ7-BiQ2aU4U39HPSoyyvWpt37dDHhN9bFp1hyq_YvN2uHg1aQhNRFiXWsomgLfSpcLFrWxrlW6ukzxIAtKuSSYWVo-AnHWVeWBJ32Ns4jgtVIfopt7T1MGTBLddvTV90z79Yhjw-ND-ThWRbc5hLcq9txF6EMjkC08LEJSEiiGR2QJm32AE_ybAnqUgTYQwau3GMHQFXJJOJKy86BaJSIR56g5-tmAmZpsEUxfJlKcxpVY3GWbEIO4EFNKHXPmE6BLS8gxmAHn2PeJE2EuyudMzLBj1oHKaxuuc0K1kTv2CVR-cIxA9t0Wp09axLf60gR3DsYy9JL2Rk2LWQBU5AHf4arGHHVDvSMvAIR60uSChZ_eJXAPWqY7FPqQ_Fw_jGCSw7Sv8OGW1XIAThjSzvqAIQlZvx-I9xhGPodmr4f1-P9UBFe683jigV5IGIqqhnmgjgKTn0VhHfptgRRKNofOadXKrhZj1G8dDRXIIxy5PtnjuPwWUnTSXg1hMBU-z0J83qJNZ4ZQTFntYpf_4QAplwAuJOgDN8ZVzK7RBZdNSJpIB1Bq0PfweS41SrQfcj_avwwfK7YAVP0zZNcKkxA=w660-h880-no?authuser=0

Brewster AKA Bruce! AKA Stop it Bruce! AKA Brewster stop! Come here!

AKA Sit. good boy Brewski. No! Stop it!

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Willin' said:

No worries Lefty, it'll only last 18 months or so, then seemingly overnight they become well behaved, well mannered adult companions.

enhance

Our last dog, Aldo, died very young last autumn (Mouth cancer), and I had just fractured my spine.... So my loving wife thought that the best thing for me, would be to have a puppy to cheer me up.

He's a very sweet, loving, intelligent puppy, and he clearly adores both of us, and anyone else that comes into the yard. Keeping him from following the grand-neighbors home is becoming a game for them. How to trick Brewster into the house, and get all the doors shut before he figures out that he's been hornswaggled is great fun.... For them. When it gets hot enough that the doors'll be shut and the AC on, it'll probably get easier..... Maybe....

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

Brewster is thinking...I wonder if I could eat this entire rug in one sitting?

Thanks you and Willin, puppies make me smile.  

If he eats that rug, he's going to be flown to Kazakhstan in a small pine box, and scattered across some mountain pass.

28 minutes ago, Willin' said:

enhance

handsome little dog!

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

N_pPmL8XcOeqNtOp1o5mAb1GYpsW1foZsNH_Kf2nvCyW5hgOl9KEHKDvw6mzBJFdb-BV23egpkyCKyzA7f4CaV-Avv9cAaGGt0t_CFujixKDMoWHSAcdcQPVDrYEkOrmIbGJDZ7-BiQ2aU4U39HPSoyyvWpt37dDHhN9bFp1hyq_YvN2uHg1aQhNRFiXWsomgLfSpcLFrWxrlW6ukzxIAtKuSSYWVo-AnHWVeWBJ32Ns4jgtVIfopt7T1MGTBLddvTV90z79Yhjw-ND-ThWRbc5hLcq9txF6EMjkC08LEJSEiiGR2QJm32AE_ybAnqUgTYQwau3GMHQFXJJOJKy86BaJSIR56g5-tmAmZpsEUxfJlKcxpVY3GWbEIO4EFNKHXPmE6BLS8gxmAHn2PeJE2EuyudMzLBj1oHKaxuuc0K1kTv2CVR-cIxA9t0Wp09axLf60gR3DsYy9JL2Rk2LWQBU5AHf4arGHHVDvSMvAIR60uSChZ_eJXAPWqY7FPqQ_Fw_jGCSw7Sv8OGW1XIAThjSzvqAIQlZvx-I9xhGPodmr4f1-P9UBFe683jigV5IGIqqhnmgjgKTn0VhHfptgRRKNofOadXKrhZj1G8dDRXIIxy5PtnjuPwWUnTSXg1hMBU-z0J83qJNZ4ZQTFntYpf_4QAplwAuJOgDN8ZVzK7RBZdNSJpIB1Bq0PfweS41SrQfcj_avwwfK7YAVP0zZNcKkxA=w660-h880-no?authuser=0

Brewster AKA Bruce! AKA Stop it Bruce! AKA Brewster stop! Come here!

AKA Sit. good boy Brewski. No! Stop it!

how old now?

1 minute ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

how old now?

He was about 4 months when that picture was taken. Almost 7 now. He's about 50 Lbs. and still hasn't grown in to his paws.

This is Aldo, just a few days before he died... Same rug.

s-x0wA8qawsyhW71YW3Mn__Vh3fx3H66HEuoumjUj6lH4RlScfwitANujBOTEdkb59KeB-AOz0D8z3vuMey8fjF8gOos95jcYrOS9tmh1SA2TA_ahyJ3PIovZS2KZuGJit2keXvLBSfsvBaYvOCA9PpF9wbsHoz3ZK2aRZsdZW0qJudvbnEU5J3vEVEWnGdLjLnIP12PXhkTOEeA7eNNM8Iw-jJEVgvoJMwKuUErqTEnubuSn5ULCN6yi1aVWUyuML5ziK3ovTIWUfZpEnbBVRakhNZuh1EkZfve_TISl-MfEXIskB4BXsa62oAyG7Fr5FuuuNP6dlu0SvkTb6E6WqQ47S0kCbKIyjmh9ZRsngyx35qzGr8hPkApk8fnuhBHG8PUcaF-H8JD5gOYAFcIIRhQMxu7frEErVlv3KplsssnK_QRMwDttxOAjaB3M_NVgBNxaleQqqUtR9DciOYYo1oLUzWkEdfxc5ZgOzYQHYB2G1cTB7C1XxnsPGCuKkGR4fFt0DBvx-F2M_M93yvzTJB0gEEI7TaulNyiVvh7jQTKlW-FNA1JN2dWY-Zk_J-uqthw4CSzqdnJjfA9zzHHae_Ei1NeynPj_7ASkXRawcnCK5_mqaqYkFwfhkl3-AvTFtVTcYoNwRcEOQzy2Ybdh9mtae6-RH8T53vSiKSKpEvqWG6FgObXeoljn0naBhX0UN6uZX7KnnmL14sbmpF4mdURRA=w660-h880-no?authuser=0

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Yes they were - it was just that your parents took care of it then.

Now it's payback time.

5 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Yes they were - it was just that your parents took care of it then.

Now it's payback time.

No... Even as a teen, it was my job to play with/walk/feed/etc. the puppy. But I've had puppies/dogs my entire life. Last time I asked my parents to watch my dog while I was gone for a year was 1986 and my best friend and business partner took care of him 90% of that time.

Even 9 years ago I was able to get out and run in the snow, and play tag with a puppy in the dark. Times have changed, and I feel guilty about not having the get up and go to play with Brewster every time he gets the puppy crazies... But, that's what it is, and I do my best, and he eats my socks.

man I miss my dog. she crossed the bridge out in CO  as all this pandemic shit was gettin started. gave her a sorta indian funeral way up in the rockies near a stream.

Just now starting to look for another.

She was a tennis ball chasin freak 

No photo description available.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, See Level said:

Get another puppy, they can keep each other busy:ph34r:

20 replies about puppies and no vwap post?

The cat is the puppy's best friend. The Guinea cock is his worst enemy, but they still play together when no one's looking. The Guinea kicks his ass if he gets too wound up, and chases him around the yard.

When this one is gone......we’re done. Love em but it’s just like having kids......dog sitters when we want to travel, vet bills.........glad to have had them all but.......this girl is the last one. After that I’ll borrow my kids dogs when I need a dog fix.

DC577EEA-C2A2-42D9-B18B-47F4D5CEA9EA.jpeg

B9CB7D65-A604-4C79-BF05-516D71B28C92.jpeg

0EAE336F-9EA2-4341-A7FF-3762D33039E9.jpeg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Every fucking thing can be a chew toy

Heh.

When I was a kid, we had a golden retriever puppy that chewed everything.  Reached a peak when he ate my mom's prize climbing hibiscus.... AND the 8-foot-tall wood trellis it was on.

Flash forward a number of years, my two 6-month-old Goldens somehow had the run of the house while we were at work (they were normally outside, but a door got left ajar.  They had a freakin' field day.  We came home to find a pile of rubble in the family room.... the remotes for all the electronics, my wife's shoes, my daughter's stuffed animals... all reduced to bits.

Fun times  And, somehow, worth it.

This Stanley at about 2 months.  He turned 12 years old this month.

758671450_BabyStasiu.thumb.jpg.de5bb11a286f4c0598003b9301709da9.jpg

He is showing his age but he still chugs along.  

Here he is at age 3 checking out his new sister Bella.  She is 9 years old now.  2012237151_BabyBella.jpg.ff22d3764f3d2ac7270a6f529f6ced42.jpg

They have a pretty tough life as you can see.

523902016_SBBedrs.jpg.f70c98a30daf5cbdc3a0e59f38e665e1.jpg

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Yes they were. You were just less of a curmudgeon :D  

my puppy is now 6 mos old. He had passed the shark teeth stage and now just chews things like 

1. my favorite hat from Culebra

2. my musto sailing shoes

3. my guitar strap

But now that shark teeth stage is over it’s time for hump everything that breathes.  stage 

6FA94CCF-3BBB-4F6F-ACB7-93C48AC6AD48.thumb.jpeg.d2f3d2f0c823a3c161ee66c162023e5f.jpeg

• Like 3

Plastic 1 gallon nursery pots don't stand a chance. It doesn't matter if there is/was a plant in the pot. "It's the best toy ever!"

11 minutes ago, chester said:

complaining about puppies?  you may be satan.

Sometimes I think the puppy is Satan. This morning I got out of the shower and reached for my bathrobe. Definitely not where I'd left it. Found it being used as a batman cape in the side yard.

• Like 1

we spent a heap of time looking on line for a dog. my wife is allergic, so the pup had to be hypoallergenic. for me, it had to be a rescue. that made things really hard, adding the fact that i am biased against oodle things. well, about a month ago we hit the jackpot and found what was thought to be a German shepherd/terrier mix, but is actually a Belgian shepherd/ terrier/shark mix. the Belgian part is very loyal, smart and loving, while the terrier gives her the hypoallergenic bit and the shark is well..... the scars will heal. when we got her a month ago she was 9 pounds, now she is 22 and has massive feet and lots of extra skin to grow into.

this is my pup, Bitey. or as the rest of the family call her, Cleo

cleo.jpg

cleo2.jpg

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, basketcase said:

She's a beauty!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

I've always been cranky, never grumpy. I was cranky as a toddler, as a young child, as a teen, as a 20 something, and so forth.

A trait I inherited from my Grandfather.

Sounds more like this,

49 minutes ago, basketcase said:

we spent a heap of time looking on line for a dog. my wife is allergic, so the pup had to be hypoallergenic. for me, it had to be a rescue. that made things really hard, adding the fact that i am biased against oodle things. well, about a month ago we hit the jackpot and found what was thought to be a German shepherd/terrier mix, but is actually a Belgian shepherd/ terrier/shark mix. the Belgian part is very loyal, smart and loving, while the terrier gives her the hypoallergenic bit and the shark is well..... the scars will heal. when we got her a month ago she was 9 pounds, now she is 22 and has massive feet and lots of extra skin to grow into.

cleo.jpg

cleo2.jpg

sweet, extra points for gettin' her started on the beer.  looks shepardy AND doesn't shed?  That's not a dog, it's a unicorn!

9 minutes ago, chester said:

sweet, extra points for gettin' her started on the beer.  looks shepardy AND doesn't shed?  That's not a dog, it's a unicorn!

totally shepardy..... a Belgian shepherd of the Malinois variety. she sheds a little, but the terrier in her keeps it to a hypoallergenic minimum. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, See Level said:

Get another puppy, they can keep each other busy:ph34r:

20 replies about puppies and no vwap post?

shhhhhh

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

You forgot to mention peeing on everything

- DSK

for mine, she is house broken. easier to train her not to pee in the house than to get someone to wear a mask in the middle of a pandemic.....

• Like 1

I love German Shepherd Dogs wholeheartedly.  And their puppies are soooooo cute, and their deep blue eyes can melt steel. But...

Those 4-12 month old Jurassic Park spawned velociraptor hellhounds, with their 2 ton press jaws and needle sharp puppy teeth, make me weep for their owners.  We only adopt GSDs older than a year out of self-preservation.  

I tell people getting a GSD puppy; "After a year, if you live, you're golden."  

• Like 1
Just now, See Level said:

How do you make him stick to the ceiling that wayB)

It requires an inccredible of lack of technical/computer ability!! B)

And he is a she. Lil' Britches. 

Bred momma dog and kept two of the pups!!

PXL_20210405_184155519_MP.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, White Lightning2 said:

It requires an inccredible of lack of technical/computer ability!! B)

And he is a she. Lil' Britches. 

Bred momma dog and kept two of the pups!!

PXL_20210405_184155519_MP.jpg

I assume that in Australia, that poor dog would be right side up....

The cat brought the puppy a present at dinner time tonight.... A baby rabbit. (About the 5th one she's brought him in the last couple of months.)

Luckily I was able to distract Brewster by pointing out that there was a deer right outside the front door. I grabbed the baby rabbit, stashed the cat in my office, and set the rabbit free in the neighbor's yard. (It'll be back, I know, but Brewski didn't need to eat a baby rabbit at this time of day).

And I must say, that this is the only dog I've ever had who, when you point to something, doesn't look at your finger tip.