Jump to content

Howls of right wing protest in 3, 2, 1.


Recommended Posts

 

Fully vaccinated baseball fans will be granted their own section at the Los Angeles Dodgers game this weekend against the San Diego Padres. 

The set-aside seats, reported by The Los Angeles Times, are part of the many incentives being offered — from doughnuts to beer — to encourage people to get vaccinated against Covid-19. The Miami Heat and the San Francisco Giants have introduced similar sections at their stadiums.



More at: 

[link:https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2021-04-21/dodgers-stadium-vaccinated-fan-seats-padres| 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaking of baseball, I got my first shot today in the Oakland Coliseum parking lot. Pfizer. I feel like crap right now but so what. I could have even jumped the line by a few weeks by way of the good

For the life of me I can not figure out what the end game is for those actively trying to suppress vaccinations. What do they get out of this? Are they all demented and just trying to usher in the end

They have to protect themselves against real-world threats, like education, flying saucers, and Democrats.

Posted Images

Yet elsewhere Republicans are doing the best to defeat vaccinations for covid.

 

Source: The Hill

Tennessee House passes bill to ban local, state governments from requiring COVID-19 vaccine 

BY JORDAN WILLIAMS - 04/22/21 10:48 AM EDT 

The Tennessee House of Representatives passed a bill banning state and local governments from requiring COVID-19 vaccines. 

The legislation, House Bill 13, states that “a law enforcement agency or governmental entity of this state or a local government, or the governor or chief executive of a local government by executive order, shall not force, require, or coerce a person to receive an immunization or vaccination for COVID-19 against the person's will,” according to the bill’s text. 

The bill was passed by a 72-19 vote, and it now heads to the Senate. 

The measure would take effect immediately upon the governor’s signing.

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/549702-tennessee-house-passes-bill-to-ban-local-and-state-government-from 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So fuking glad I live down here, on the beach, mask free, in a town of less than 2000 people. And fuk Dodger Stadium....last time we was there was at least 10 years ago when the Nurse & I met up with some Anarchists. Crowded, dirty, smelly, waaaaay overpriced......and it took almost 2 hours just to get out of the fuking parking lot....without running over any gang bangers. That place needs to be completely razed and be turned into a surf ranch......

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

it took almost 2 hours just to get out of the fuking parking lot.

This is what happens when you don't put gasoline in your vehicle, and have 4 flat tires.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

For the life of me I can not figure out what the end game is for those actively trying to suppress vaccinations. What do they get out of this? Are they all demented and just trying to usher in the end times? This is an incredibly bad, and all too often fatal, virus. Even when it does not kill, it can and does leave folks disabled and on oxygen, very possibly permanently. Nursing homes are beginning to fill up with Covid "survivors". We should all be lining up for this vaccine, not running away from it. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

So fuking glad I live down here, on the beach, mask free, in a town of less than 2000 people. And fuk Dodger Stadium....last time we was there was at least 10 years ago when the Nurse & I met up with some Anarchists. Crowded, dirty, smelly, waaaaay overpriced......and it took almost 2 hours just to get out of the fuking parking lot....without running over any gang bangers. That place needs to be completely razed and be turned into a surf ranch......

The point is not the game of baseball, the stadium, the commute, the price of tickets, or any other complaint in there.

Other than that, your point is taken.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

So fuking glad I live down here, on the beach, mask free, in a town of less than 2000 people. And fuk Dodger Stadium....last time we was there was at least 10 years ago when the Nurse & I met up with some Anarchists. Crowded, dirty, smelly, waaaaay overpriced......and it took almost 2 hours just to get out of the fuking parking lot....without running over any gang bangers. That place needs to be completely razed and be turned into a surf ranch......

I'm sorry you live down there. If you come down with a covid variant, good luck with the third world care, because the US will not let you back in. (Save the defense of 3rd world care, we know better). Any baseball stadium is an investment of time to enjoy, people who love the game don't have an issue with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bus Driver said:

The point is not the game of baseball, the stadium, the commute, the price of tickets, or any other complaint in there.

Other than that, your point is taken.

I do seem to have a bad habit of drifting out of my lane, don't I......:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LenP said:

For the life of me I can not figure out what the end game is for those actively trying to suppress vaccinations. What do they get out of this? Are they all demented and just trying to usher in the end times? This is an incredibly bad, and all too often fatal, virus. Even when it does not kill, it can and does leave folks disabled and on oxygen, very possibly permanently. Nursing homes are beginning to fill up with Covid "survivors". We should all be lining up for this vaccine, not running away from it. 

My nephew/godson is battling the remnants, some 4 months later.  15 years old and, basically, in bed all day.  Cannot sit up for any duration without exhaustion and/or a massive headache.  Honors student, now taking a reduced credit load because of "brain fog".  They are monitoring all kinds of stuff, as others have seen organ damage.

This thing is nasty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LenP said:

For the life of me I can not figure out what the end game is for those actively trying to suppress vaccinations. What do they get out of this? Are they all demented and just trying to usher in the end times? This is an incredibly bad, and all too often fatal, virus. Even when it does not kill, it can and does leave folks disabled and on oxygen, very possibly permanently. Nursing homes are beginning to fill up with Covid "survivors". We should all be lining up for this vaccine, not running away from it. 

It's not just denial of science, it's an attempt at total repudiation. I doubt their lily-white Jesus will save their asses, but that's what they are counting on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let Darwin sort it out. I’ve lost friends to it already, some dead in days and some after a slow torturous decline. Some are alive but maimed. But so be it. There’s no getting through to dumb fucks who live in an alternate reality. If they refuse it after 500k dead Americans to the Trump virus response, let Darwin have his way. 
 

I find it hilarious that the orange messiah quietly got vaccinated while his bullshitter disciples follow the anti vaccine bullshit preaching. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It's not just denial of science, it's an attempt at total repudiation. I doubt their lily-white Jesus will save their asses, but that's what they are counting on.

They rely on Jesus to keep them from getting sick, so the mask is unnecessary.  So, why do they need a gun to go to Starbucks?

EBTb0xfXYAY8nVj.png

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of baseball, I got my first shot today in the Oakland Coliseum parking lot. Pfizer. I feel like crap right now but so what. I could have even jumped the line by a few weeks by way of the good offices of some well meaning friends.  Not a chance. I waited my turn and now I get my 2nd May 13th.

Getting the appt last night was easy peazy. The parking lot was very well run. The CA National Guard handled traffic. Everyone was insanely polite and on point. Socialism truly sucks.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bus Driver said:

They rely on Jesus to keep them from getting sick, so the mask is unnecessary.  So, why do they need a gun to go to Starbucks?

EBTb0xfXYAY8nVj.png

They have to protect themselves against real-world threats, like education, flying saucers, and Democrats.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

My nephew/godson is battling the remnants, some 4 months later.  15 years old and, basically, in bed all day.  Cannot sit up for any duration without exhaustion and/or a massive headache.  Honors student, now taking a reduced credit load because of "brain fog".  They are monitoring all kinds of stuff, as others have seen organ damage.

This thing is nasty.

Sorry to hear about your nephew, I hope he makes a full recovery in time. I count myself as very lucky to be close to 100% again after the last month, of course 100% for me is sitting at a desk for 12 hours. My oldest son is not close to being able to run and compete as he had previously, although nothing like what your nephew is going through. I just don't understand how anyone is making vaccines political, it seems so obvious that it will come back to haunt them, likely in multiple ways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It's not just denial of science, it's an attempt at total repudiation. I doubt their lily-white Jesus will save their asses, but that's what they are counting on.

The only upside here is Covid will thin the stupid herd, sad as that is, they deserve it, perhaps a nine minute long grainy cell vid of an anti vaccine anti masker struggling for air while stating he/she regretted their stance before sucking their last breath will help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

So fuking glad I live down here, on the beach, mask free, in a town of less than 2000 people. And fuk Dodger Stadium....last time we was there was at least 10 years ago when the Nurse & I met up with some Anarchists. Crowded, dirty, smelly, waaaaay overpriced......and it took almost 2 hours just to get out of the fuking parking lot....without running over any gang bangers. That place needs to be completely razed and be turned into a surf ranch......

Wow. You are angry about everything. Why go on living? What happens at Dodger Stadium should be no concern of yours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Let Darwin sort it out. I’ve lost friends to it already, some dead in days and some after a slow torturous decline. Some are alive but maimed. But so be it. There’s no getting through to dumb fucks who live in an alternate reality. If they refuse it after 500k dead Americans to the Trump virus response, let Darwin have his way. 
 

I find it hilarious that the orange messiah quietly got vaccinated while his bullshitter disciples follow the anti vaccine bullshit preaching. 

In the next 2-4 weeks everyone who wants a shot will have been able to get one (save small children).  After that give another 2-4 weeks just to be sure and then end the mask mandate.  Fuck the unvaccinated, I’m tired of acting to protect them.  If they die so be it, if they are incapacitated so be it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Speaking of baseball, I got my first shot today in the Oakland Coliseum parking lot. Pfizer. I feel like crap right now but so what. I could have even jumped the line by a few weeks by way of the good offices of some well meaning friends.  Not a chance. I waited my turn and now I get my 2nd May 13th.

Getting the appt last night was easy peazy. The parking lot was very well run. The CA National Guard handled traffic. Everyone was insanely polite and on point. Socialism truly sucks.

Just be forewarned but those second shots......might leave you in some pain and knock you off your game for a day or two. Looks like Fridays are the best daze to get them....according to a lotta 1st hand accounts of people calling in the radio station.....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, El Mariachi said:

Just be forewarned but those second shots......might leave you in some pain and knock you off your game for a day or two. Looks like Fridays are the best daze to get them....according to a lotta 1st hand accounts of people calling in the radio station.....

My parents were laid pretty low for 24 hours after Moderna 2nd shot but after that they said it was like someone turned a switch back on.  I had no issues at all with either Pfizer shot but I think that’s attributable to me previously having COVID, most people I know had some type of mild side effects.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Just be forewarned but those second shots......might leave you in some pain and knock you off your game for a day or two. Looks like Fridays are the best daze to get them....according to a lotta 1st hand accounts of people calling in the radio station.....

Exactly my experience.  Second dose received at noon on a Friday.  10 hours - nothing.  Then, WHAMMO.  It was like someone flipped the switch.  Headache, body aches, chills.  No fever, though.  Put on loads of clothes and crawled under all of the covers.  Fitful sleep.  Spent the next morning on the couch, dozing and watching TV.  At 3:30 PM, just 17.5 hours later, whoever flipped the switch, flipped it back.  All symptoms vanished.  Like, that quick.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Well?

I crossed at Tecate at least 35 times with absolutely zero ID except my vehicle registration (after my wallet got stolen at a Pemex station). One of my Gal-Pals whose had China 19 TWICE...drove thru the SENTRI Lane five separate times....with no SENTRI card (usually a HUGE, expensive no-no), simply by holding up her Oregon drivers license AND the copies of her positive test results that she got from Ensenada General Hospital....right up against her door window on her truck. And every time she was simply waved thru.

If you're a legal & legit U.S. citizen....the Border Patrol and/or Customs can not nor will not deny you re-entry into America. People down here do it quite often.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Speaking of baseball, I got my first shot today in the Oakland Coliseum parking lot. Pfizer. I feel like crap right now but so what. I could have even jumped the line by a few weeks by way of the good offices of some well meaning friends.  Not a chance. I waited my turn and now I get my 2nd May 13th.

Getting the appt last night was easy peazy. The parking lot was very well run. The CA National Guard handled traffic. Everyone was insanely polite and on point. Socialism truly sucks.

They are doing a great job at the Pleasanton fairgrounds as well. Monday midmorning there were several appointments available that afternoon.

Early afternoon, I arrived 40 minutes early and left 20 minutes later. I'm bringing 20 gift boxes of godiva chocolates for my second shot. I hope they allow me to leave them. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

I crossed at Tecate at least 35 times with absolutely zero ID except my vehicle registration (after my wallet got stolen at a Pemex station). One of my Gal-Pals whose had China 19 TWICE...drove thru the SENTRI Lane five separate times....with no SENTRI card (usually a HUGE, expensive no-no), simply by holding up her Oregon drivers license AND the copies of her positive test results that she got from Ensenada General Hospital....right up against her door window on her truck. And every time she was simply waved thru.

If you're a legal & legit U.S. citizen....the Border Patrol and/or Customs can not nor will not deny you re-entry into America. People down here do it quite often.....

If you come down with a covid variant, don't expect the border patrol to be so generous, it will be exactly like it was 12 months ago, where Americans were delayed getting back into the country. Thanks to Republicans who refuse to get vaccinated, we will never reach herd immunity, which means  the virus will be indefinitely prolonged.

If you're desperate, I hear the Trump wall and a $20 ladder is a piece of cake.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Exactly my experience.  Second dose received at noon on a Friday.  10 hours - nothing.  Then, WHAMMO.  It was like someone flipped the switch.  Headache, body aches, chills.  No fever, though.  Put on loads of clothes and crawled under all of the covers.  Fitful sleep.  Spent the next morning on the couch, dozing and watching TV.  At 3:30 PM, just 17.5 hours later, whoever flipped the switch, flipped it back.  All symptoms vanished.  Like, that quick.

Same here with the Moderna. I’ve heard that Pedialyte helps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

They rely on Jesus to keep them from getting sick, so the mask is unnecessary.  So, why do they need a gun to go to Starbucks?

EBTb0xfXYAY8nVj.png

In case the barista notices he doesn't have a penis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

So fuking glad I live down here, on the beach, mask free, in a town of less than 2000 people. And fuk Dodger Stadium....last time we was there was at least 10 years ago when the Nurse & I met up with some Anarchists. Crowded, dirty, smelly, waaaaay overpriced......and it took almost 2 hours just to get out of the fuking parking lot....without running over any gang bangers. That place needs to be completely razed and be turned into a surf ranch......

Why do you hate capitalism?? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, another 505 sailor said:

They are doing a great job at the Pleasanton fairgrounds as well. Monday midmorning there were several appointments available that afternoon.

Early afternoon, I arrived 40 minutes early and left 20 minutes later. I'm bringing 20 gift boxes of godiva chocolates for my second shot. I hope they allow me to leave them. 

 

Save yourself $4,839.22 and bring them See's instead. They won't know and I won't tell 'em otherwise.....:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

If you come down with a covid variant, don't expect the border patrol to be so generous, it will be exactly like it was 12 months ago, where Americans were delayed getting back into the country. Thanks to Republicans who refuse to get vaccinated, we will never reach herd immunity, which means  the virus will be indefinitely prolonged.

If you're desperate, I hear the Trump wall and a $20 ladder is a piece of cake.

 

You have any fuking idea what a used twenty dollar Mexican ladder looks like?.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gouvernail said:

Why do you hate capitalism?? 

As Chico Escuela would say, Capitalism has been berry, berry bad to El Mariachi.  (you have to be old to get that one)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, El Mariachi said:

You have any fuking idea what a used twenty dollar Mexican ladder looks like?.....

Doesn't matter. The Mexicans are putting rungs on 2X4s for one time use.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

Doesn't matter. The Mexicans are putting rungs on 2X4s for one time use.

 

Gravity....it's the law.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

I do seem to have a bad habit of drifting out of my lane, don't I......:lol:

Rick...you slid right over into the median ( that would be the part of the highway that separates opposing lanes of traffic. ) B)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dacapo said:

Rick...you slid right over into the median ( that would be the part of the highway that separates opposing lanes of traffic. ) B)

Yeah, pretty much. In fact....I'm surprised I didn't end up in the next county. Thank gawd for gravity.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LenP said:

For the life of me I can not figure out what the end game is for those actively trying to suppress vaccinations. What do they get out of this? Are they all demented and just trying to usher in the end times? This is an incredibly bad, and all too often fatal, virus. Even when it does not kill, it can and does leave folks disabled and on oxygen, very possibly permanently. Nursing homes are beginning to fill up with Covid "survivors". We should all be lining up for this vaccine, not running away from it. 

It's an attempt to make this a "Biden failure".

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

They rely on Jesus to keep them from getting sick, so the mask is unnecessary.  So, why do they need a gun to go to Starbucks?

EBTb0xfXYAY8nVj.png

To defend their choice in les vêtements

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Exactly my experience.  Second dose received at noon on a Friday.  10 hours - nothing.  Then, WHAMMO.  It was like someone flipped the switch.  Headache, body aches, chills.  No fever, though.  Put on loads of clothes and crawled under all of the covers.  Fitful sleep.  Spent the next morning on the couch, dozing and watching TV.  At 3:30 PM, just 17.5 hours later, whoever flipped the switch, flipped it back.  All symptoms vanished.  Like, that quick.

2nd Pfizer shot was at 11:30 am. After dinner, doing the dishes stopped, looked at the wife, said "ok, feel it now" - took a couple advil, watched a couple episodes of Silent Witness. Couple more advil. Was a bit chilled at night. Was fine by morning, if a little tired due to lack of sleep. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

You have any fuking idea what a used twenty dollar Mexican ladder looks like?.....

Rebar?

Got my second Moderna Monday.  Felt crappy Tuesday and went for a 60 mile bike ride Wednesday.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Rebar?

Got my second Moderna Monday.  Felt crappy Tuesday and went for a 60 mile bike ride Wednesday.

Anyone figure out WHY the 2nd shot makes you feel all flu-like and shit? I'm no gynecologist.....but it just sounds odd to me.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LenP said:

For the life of me I can not figure out what the end game is for those actively trying to suppress vaccinations

They are worried that the Jewish Space Laser can target them, now they have the microchip (Pro tip: only the 2nd dose has the microchip)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LenP said:

For the life of me I can not figure out what the end game is for those actively trying to suppress vaccinations. What do they get out of this? Are they all demented and just trying to usher in the end times? This is an incredibly bad, and all too often fatal, virus. Even when it does not kill, it can and does leave folks disabled and on oxygen, very possibly permanently. Nursing homes are beginning to fill up with Covid "survivors". We should all be lining up for this vaccine, not running away from it. 

In my experience their are people that adopt a position (in the case the virus is just a flu) and even in the face of overwhelming evidence will not admit they are wrong. They then go bat shit crazy trying to prove they are right. I have a close friend who has done this about the covid vax. It is quite odd as he is highly intelligent and one of the most successful people I have ever met. I must admit it is harming our friendship. I normally just ignore traits in my friends I don't like (and they clearly do the same with me) but this anti vax thing is a bridge to far as it effects everyone.

It is gaining traction down here as well. I know people who smoke and are worried about the vax harming them. Go figure.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Anyone figure out WHY the 2nd shot makes you feel all flu-like and shit? I'm no gynecologist.....but it just sounds odd to me.....

The vaccine is essentially like an update you download and install on your phone.  It contains instructions, encoded in mRNA (not DNA), teaching your immune system how to mount a defense against the virus, without actually exposing you to the virus (or the attenuated protein coat).

The onset of symptoms are a sign the instructions were received and are being implemented.  I have heard younger folks seem to mont a more "enthusiastic" response.  And, that women get hit harder than men.  Not sure how uniform that is, or why.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Rebar?

Got my second Moderna Monday.  Felt crappy Tuesday and went for a 60 mile bike ride Wednesday.

Got my second Moderna yesterday @ 10AM. Felt fine until about 10PM. Then it felt like I got a tetnus booster shot. Arm sore and body aches/head ache today, but not enough to stop me. I'll probably have a shitty night, and look forward to a shitty morning tomorrow. Hopefully it'll pass by afternoon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Al Paca said:

The Democratic chip. 

It's Libertarian, but don't tell anyone else I told you that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Got my second Moderna yesterday @ 10AM. Felt fine until about 10PM. Then it felt like I got a tetnus booster shot. Arm sore and body aches/head ache today, but not enough to stop me. I'll probably have a shitty night, and look forward to a shitty morning tomorrow. Hopefully it'll pass by afternoon.

I got moderna, 1st one I was fine until the evening the following day, 30 hrs after . Everything I heard is that the second one is worse and given I had reacted to the first I wasn't looking forward to it. Got shot two in the am, went about my business and started to feel rough late afternoon, I went to bed expecting a shitty night and following day... Nope felt great in the morning. The first one made me feel worse.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Response to the vaccine seems to be kind of like the virus.  Every ones immune response is different.  My second moderna - sore arm, stiff neck and felt like maybe coming down with something next evening, but right as rain the following morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gangbusters said:

Like the disease itself. Unpredictable. Better to get the shot than to spin the Covid wheel of chance.

Only Darwin can solve the problem of people politicizing a virus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more than OK if the dude ranch Covidians bite the farm but I'd really rather everyone else makes it through the pandemic alive and unscathed. Unfortunately the disease doesn't really care and so the good ol' dudes end up helping to mutate and then spread the virus, of course never meanin' no harm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

In my experience their are people that adopt a position (in the case the virus is just a flu) and even in the face of overwhelming evidence will not admit they are wrong. They then go bat shit crazy trying to prove they are right. I have a close friend who has done this about the covid vax. It is quite odd as he is highly intelligent and one of the most successful people I have ever met. I must admit it is harming our friendship. I normally just ignore traits in my friends I don't like (and they clearly do the same with me) but this anti vax thing is a bridge to far as it effects everyone.

It is gaining traction down here as well. I know people who smoke and are worried about the vax harming them. Go figure.

 

Queenslanders deserve their reputation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bletso said:

Response to the vaccine seems to be kind of like the virus.  Every ones immune response is different.  My second moderna - sore arm, stiff neck and felt like maybe coming down with something next evening, but right as rain the following morning.

It falls within a predictable range, much more so than response to the disease itself.

Everyone's immune system response is different because everyone's immune system is slightly different. But it's true that the symptoms of fever, aches especially aching joints, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, nausea, headache, are due to the body's immune system reaction ramping up to fight an infection. I get the fever and lymph reaction, but how the fuck does have a headache and puking help fight an infection? Generally the human body is amazing but there are times when you just say 'what the F.....?!?!?'

Statistically, you could say with certainty that more people have died in car accidents on their way to get the vaccine than have died from reactions to the vaccine. Oh, how many is that? So far, one. There have been cases of allergic reactions but only a couple hundred... a rate of less that 0.001% which is one in a hundred thousand... and most were in people who had history of severe allergies. If that's you, bring your epi pen (actually you should carry one anyway).

The vaccine clinic I volunteer at has now completed over 15,000 vaccinations. I've only seen one vaccine recipient get medical attention and they already had heart trouble... report said that if the vaccine played -any- part in this person's medical problem, it was due to nervousness over getting a shot rather than the contents of the hypo

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I'm more than OK if the dude ranch Covidians bite the farm but I'd really rather everyone else makes it through the pandemic alive and unscathed. Unfortunately the disease doesn't really care and so the good ol' dudes end up helping to mutate and then spread the virus, of course never meanin' no harm.

I agree 100%, I’m just being realistic. Cult members won’t change. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Olsonist said:
2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I agree 100%, I’m just being realistic. Cult members won’t change. 

But they will decompose.

Just like Beethoven and Mozart!

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

But they will decompose.

That's what dead musicians do.....

ETA: DAMN! Steamer beat me to it again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mike G said:

First Pfizer today.  So pfar I pfeel pfine. 

Yes, had mine on the 17th. Slightly sore arm that evening, while the bugs connected to my router, but after that it was plain sailing.

Except yesterday I bodged my neck and I can't look left. That was just bad technique in moving large pots of earth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mike in Seattle said:

, some  just aren't keeping up,,

Far-Right Extremists Move to Stop the Vaccine - Political Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy Forums

 

Since then, the two sets of chips mutated to update through the wifi thingy, 

, and there is no decomposition when the predators eat. 

 

 

 

Dave: Alexa, where are the right wing nut jobs plotting their next overthrow of the US Govt.?

(Alexa): I can't tell you that Dave. If I did, I'd have to kill you.

Dave: Who's side are you on Alexa?

(Alexa): I can't tell you that Dave. But if you ask me again, I'll have to kill you. I'm Sorry Dave. I think you already know too much.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZKKKKKKKKKKKKKZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTT!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Dave: Alexa, where are the right wing nut jobs plotting their next overthrow of the US Govt.?

(Alexa): I can't tell you that Dave. If I did, I'd have to kill you.

Dave: Who's side are you on Alexa?

(Alexa): I can't tell you that Dave. But if you ask me again, I'll have to kill you. I'm Sorry Dave. I think you already know too much.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZKKKKKKKKKKKKKZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTT!

And as usual, it's just treated as another case of...

xl_9781541562837_fc.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheeeeit, we just got some worthless lump of programmed protoplasm handing out religious tracts to our door that said "The covid19 vaccine is the MARK OF THE DEVIL!!!!" (There may be more caps and !!s...)

SWMBO ran after the walking turnip, shoved his shit back in to his face. Nice lady. 

We get our 2nd Pfizer tomorrow. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gptyk said:

Sheeeeit, we just got some worthless lump of programmed protoplasm handing out religious tracts to our door that said "The covid19 vaccine is the MARK OF THE DEVIL!!!!" (There may be more caps and !!s...)

SWMBO ran after the walking turnip, shoved his shit back in to his face. Nice lady. 

We get our 2nd Pfizer tomorrow. 

 

I would have called the cops and had him arrested for littering, and assault. Maybe he coulda been shot. Was he black, or white? (Oh, never mind, I think I know the answer to that last question)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gptyk said:

Orange County, CA. White sky fairy jeebus crazy dude. Cops would likely help him here. 

 

The New Orange County ain't like The Old Orange County I grew up in. So sad...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gptyk said:

Orange County, CA. White sky fairy jeebus crazy dude. Cops would likely help him here. 

 

Then offer him a ride to Compton, and let him hoof it from there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, badlatitude said:

 

Fully vaccinated baseball fans will be granted their own section at the Los Angeles Dodgers game this weekend against the San Diego Padres. 

The set-aside seats, reported by The Los Angeles Times, are part of the many incentives being offered — from doughnuts to beer — to encourage people to get vaccinated against Covid-19. The Miami Heat and the San Francisco Giants have introduced similar sections at their stadiums.



More at: 

[link:https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2021-04-21/dodgers-stadium-vaccinated-fan-seats-padres| 

I like it.  I'm more of a carrot than stick guy when it comes to trying to get people to do stuff.  However, I would have thought the incentive of NOT FUCKING DYING would be more of a draw than donuts, beer and baseball.  

Just saying.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Let Darwin sort it out. I’ve lost friends to it already, some dead in days and some after a slow torturous decline. Some are alive but maimed. But so be it. There’s no getting through to dumb fucks who live in an alternate reality. If they refuse it after 500k dead Americans to the Trump virus response, let Darwin have his way. 
 

100%.  I cannot fathom how anyone still thinks this is a nothingburger.  There are several guys at work who are refusing to get it.  They are super nice people, but if they get it an die - I'm not going to shed a tear or attend their funeral.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I find it hilarious that the orange messiah quietly got vaccinated while his bullshitter disciples follow the anti vaccine bullshit preaching. 

I neither find it hillaryous or even surprising that this happened.  I guarantee you every single one of the GOP leadership got the vaccine too.  I guarantee you everyone of those state GOP leaders trying to block vaccination efforts have gotten the shots as well.  It's absolutely no different than the Baptist minister preaching against the sins of alcohol, gambling and sex on Sunday after a rousing night with a bottle of scotch with his poker buddies while the strippers are entertaining the room.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I neither find it hillaryous or even surprising that this happened.  I guarantee you every single one of the GOP leadership got the vaccine too.  I guarantee you everyone of those state GOP leaders trying to block vaccination efforts have gotten the shots as well.  It's absolutely no different than the Baptist minister preaching against the sins of alcohol, gambling and sex on Sunday after a rousing night with a bottle of scotch with his poker buddies while the strippers are entertaining the room.  

DeSantis got his, but distracted The Patriots by making a fuss about fighting vaccine passports. 

Link to post
Share on other sites