Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So I saw David on the road down here in Baja again the other day....and suddenly recalled what he did for a living. Met him a couple years ago when we were both walking our dogs on the beach. Hit it off pretty well right off the bat. Fixed his broken steering stabilizer a week later on his real cool olde skool Class C. Nice guy and seems pretty smart.....comes here for a few months every winter.

 

Anyways this is his study he's been working on for several years now (think he gets paid by USC....but it might be UCLA). Ear-regardless....there's a fuk load of stats & info here. I haven't read it yet (But I can tell you he DID seem a bit anti-law enforcement when I met him.....but whatever). But I'm pretty sure there's folks here that might enjoy and/or learn something from this. Have fun.....

 

https://fatalencounters.org/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

Nice contribution to fact finding. Muchas Gracias

He writes & researches for hours & hours a day.....all whilst traveling in Baja and across America and hanging out in cool places with his RV that has satellite I guess. I know he's also got a smokin' hot Gal-Pal in the South somewhere....and those two huge French-made dogs of his that I can't even pronounce their breeds. And apparently USC pays him pretty g-damn well....so good for him.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mixture
 
What's True

In absolute numbers, more white people than black people are killed in police shootings (because white people outnumber black people in America).

What's False

Regardless of absolute numbers, it is true that proportionally, Black Americans are several times more likely to be killed in police shootings than white Americans are.

According to those statistics (adjusted for racial demographics), black people had a 2.7 higher likelihood of being killed by police than whites.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have to be really hard on the pyscic to deal with some of the lower crust of human waste.  I don't find it surprising at all.  In the US where we think we are so far above the rest of the world it would be a shock to say the least being expose day after day to the baseness of human interaction.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2021 at 4:35 AM, Randro said:

Regardless of absolute numbers, it is true that proportionally, Black Americans are several times more likely to be killed in police shootings than white Americans are.

According to those statistics (adjusted for racial demographics), black people had a 2.7 higher likelihood of being killed by police than whites.

I have yet to see a single local Reichista acknowledge that the above is a fact. 

When facts run counter to their ideology, you can almost hear the cognitive dissonance kick in. 

Facts are ignored, down-played and/or ridiculed. 

That is how racism poisons the mind. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

I have yet to see a single local Reichista acknowledge that the above is a fact. 

When facts run counter to their ideology, you can almost hear the cognitive dissonance kick in. 

Facts are ignored, down-played and/or ridiculed. 

That is how racism poisons the mind. 

There's not a SINGLE non-racist person on this planet over the age of 6.

And you know it......

Edited by El Mariachi
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El Mariachi said:

There's not a SINGLE non-racist on this planet over the age of 6.

And you know it......

A bit of truth there, but some of us recognize it and try to ameliorate it; 

while others revel and bathe in it with alacrity. 

And you still did not "see" Rando's post above. 

You are exhibit number one for  . . 

25 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

When facts run counter to their ideology, you can almost hear the cognitive dissonance kick in. 

Facts are ignored, down-played and/or ridiculed.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

A bit of truth there, but some of us recognize it and try to ameliorate it; 

while others revel and bathe in it with alacrity. 

And you still did not "see" Rando's post above. 

You are exhibit number one for  . . 

 

Well of COURSE they get dts'd more often...percentage-wise. Look at their crime rate per capita. And their incarceration rates. Etc. What the fuk do you expect? Maybe if the racist Leftistas who run all those fuked cities where 90% of this shit happens would finally come clean and fix their messes that they've themselves have created.....then Black America would have a much better chance of succeeding......and experience much lower crime rates. And perforations.

Jfc but some of you here need to REALLY pick up a different drug habit.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Well of COURSE they get dts'd more often...percentage-wise. Look at their crime rate per capita. And their incarceration rates. Etc. What the fuk do you expect? Maybe if the racist Leftistas who run all those fuked cities where 90% of this shit happens would finally come clean and fix their messes that they've themselves have created.....then Black America would have a much better chance of succeeding......and experience much lower crime rates. And perforations.

Jfc but some of you here need to REALLY pick up a different drug habit.....

You just don’t get it. Never will I suspect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sean said:

You just don’t get it. Never will I suspect.

Google the word 'statistics'....then get back to us....Ostrich Boi.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Google the word 'statistics'....then get back to us....Ostrich Boi.....

You are the one who avoids cites and stats like, . . . well, like the plague 

Racist Boi 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Well of COURSE they get dts'd more often...percentage-wise. Look at their crime rate per capita. And their incarceration rates. Etc. What the fuk do you expect? Maybe if the racist Leftistas who run all those fuked cities where 90% of this shit happens would finally come clean and fix their messes that they've themselves have created.....then Black America would have a much better chance of succeeding......and experience much lower crime rates. And perforations.

Jfc but some of you here need to REALLY pick up a different drug habit.....

Hmmm... I wonder why a dude with an 8ball gets incarcerated for life and another dude gets sent back to work the next day.  In Newport Beach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Well of COURSE they get dts'd more often...percentage-wise. Look at their crime rate per capita. And their incarceration rates. Etc. What the fuk do you expect? Maybe if the racist Leftistas who run all those fuked cities where 90% of this shit happens would finally come clean and fix their messes that they've themselves have created.....then Black America would have a much better chance of succeeding......and experience much lower crime rates. And perforations.

Jfc but some of you here need to REALLY pick up a different drug habit.....

Nope.

Results. The most urban counties had 1.03 (95% confidence interval [CI]=0.87, 1.20) times the adjusted firearm death rate of the most rural counties. The most rural counties experienced 1.54 (95% CI=1.29, 1.83) times the adjusted firearm suicide rate of the most urban. The most urban counties experienced 1.90 (95% CI=1.50, 2.40) times the adjusted firearm homicide rate of the most rural. Similar opposing trends were not found for nonfirearm suicide or homicide.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1448529/

Firearm death rate is about the same in urban and rural counties. You're more likely to smoke your weapon in the stix and you're more likely to get shot in the burbs. But you're not safe in the stix and people do get depressed in the burbs. It all works out to be about the same.

They'll find the source of that 90% number at Kaiser next week when they probe your ass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

There's not a SINGLE non-racist person on this planet over the age of 6.

And you know it......

Most of us are married...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2021 at 2:52 PM, El Mariachi said:

Well of COURSE they get dts'd more often...percentage-wise. Look at their crime rate per capita. And their incarceration rates. Etc. What the fuk do you expect? Maybe if the racist Leftistas who run all those fuked cities where 90% of this shit happens would finally come clean and fix their messes that they've themselves have created.....then Black America would have a much better chance of succeeding......and experience much lower crime rates. And perforations.

Jfc but some of you here need to REALLY pick up a different drug habit.....

There is a Jonas Salk and an Albert Einstein in every inner city school system in the USA TODAY and the powers that be (Lefty teachers unions and lefty city government) will prevent his (or her) development by sticking to their fucking lefty commie dogma.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warbird said:

There is a Jonas Salk and an Albert Einstein in every inner city school system in the USA TODAY and the powers that be (Lefty teachers unions and lefty city government) will prevent his (or her) development by sticking to their fucking lefty commie dogma.

Perhaps the states should just provide all expenses paid scholarships to those elite private schools for these Wunderkind. 

Then the poor overworked teachers could stop having to spend more than their allotted time on these 1% and spend more time with those lovely deserving average kids?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, warbird said:

There is a Jonas Salk and an Albert Einstein in every inner city school system in the USA TODAY and the powers that be (Lefty teachers unions and lefty city government) will prevent his (or her) development by sticking to their fucking lefty commie dogma.

There's probably a few in border detention too.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Perhaps the states should just provide all expenses paid scholarships to those elite private schools for these Wunderkind. 

Then the poor overworked teachers could stop having to spend more than their allotted time on these 1% and spend more time with those lovely deserving average kids?

We have "elite" State High Schools.

All students who wish to apply sit a entrance exam.

Do you know which students get the places?

Those who's parents fully intended to spent $30,000 PA on an elite private school.

The Elite State schools are better but you can't buy a place.

How do they give Felicity a cutting edge in those entrance exams?

Spend 2-300 dollars a week of private tutors.

The rapaciousness of the rich never ends.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

We have "elite" State High Schools.

All students who wish to apply sit a entrance exam.

Do you know which students get the places?

Those who's parents fully intended to spent $30,000 PA on an elite private school.

The Elite State schools are better but you can't buy a place.

How do they give Felicity a cutting edge in those entrance exams?

Spend 2-300 dollars a week of private tutors.

The rapaciousness of the rich never ends.

And the drunk underclass supports them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

 

Spend 2-300 dollars a week of private tutors.

The rapaciousness of the rich never ends.

And just why is spending what you can for your kids advancement 'rapacious"??   Perhaps a bit of tutoring is all they can afford, not yrs of private school??? And offspring of those parents usually actually do want to learn, because they've been raised in an environment that values learning

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, longy said:

And just why is spending what you can for your kids advancement 'rapacious"??   Perhaps a bit of tutoring is all they can afford, not yrs of private school??? And offspring of those parents usually actually do want to learn, because they've been raised in an environment that values learning

Because those places are intended for those kids who's parents can't afford 2-300 per week in tuition fees.

If your wage is $12 per hour, it doesn't matter how many jobs you  work. I worked 3 jobs at one point. No way could I afford $300 pw for two kids extra tuition. Do the maths.

I'm constantly amazed by people who from grade 1 are more than willing to rob another's child of advancement opportunities in order to trim the field.

I think you didn't understand the post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 8:30 AM, Sean said:

You just don’t get it. Never will I suspect.

No.

It doesn't occur to him that policing black neighborhoods more aggressively leads to higher arrest stats.

No one "stops and frisks" white college kids, yet they consume and sell as many drugs (or more) as any other demographic.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

We have "elite" State High Schools.

All students who wish to apply sit a entrance exam.

Do you know which students get the places?

Those who's parents fully intended to spent $30,000 PA on an elite private school.

The Elite State schools are better but you can't buy a place.

How do they give Felicity a cutting edge in those entrance exams?

Spend 2-300 dollars a week of private tutors.

The rapaciousness of the rich never ends.

Might work but not guaranteed.

2 of my 3 kids attended such schools, the 3rd didn't want to.

We didn't spend a cent on tutors.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 10:05 PM, Mike G said:
On 4/26/2021 at 9:51 PM, warbird said:

There is a Jonas Salk and an Albert Einstein in every inner city school system in the USA TODAY and the powers that be (Lefty teachers unions and lefty city government) will prevent his (or her) development by sticking to their fucking lefty commie dogma.

There's probably a few in border detention too.  

And they;ll only emerge if we take away every option other than to work for gruel in some debilitating stoop labor, because if we offer them any kind of education or health care benefits that will stifle their self-reliance.

One day, they will thank us

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites

As some of you may know I taught high school in an inner Toronto suburb. For a number of years in what might have been the toughest high school in the country (Canadians far away from Toronto probably have heard of Jane and Finch).Then for many more years in an upper-middle class area that evolved from Anglo-Jewish to Anglo-Chinese. In the first school I spent much of my time convincing kids that they could go to university, in most cases they would be the first in their family to do so. In the second school, where parents were pretty much all university grads you had to convince, nicely, that kids should be looking at 'other options' rather than university. This was sort of code for, 'you are as dumb or semi-dumb as a post and you will not be a doctor, accountant or whatever. Curiously in later life I found that running into former students from the poorer school more useful. Got a good deal on carpeting once and a cop let me off after pulling me over. * Grads of the richer school are not nearly as useful. How often in life is it useful to have a former student who is an English prof or architect, although it is interesting to talk to them. One girl was on the design team that built an earlier Mars rover. She was waiting for someone in an argument to say, 'Do you think you are some kind of rocket scientist?', although she is more of a robotics scientist.

* Also went with a group of teachers for a beer on a Friday many years ago after school at a local restaurant/strip club. The girl 'working' there turned out to be a former student at the school although I did not know her. After her number she gathered up her clothes, didn't put anything on, and came over to the table and said, "Hi, Mr Hanson!" Paul was a redhead to start but he went a colour I did not think possible, demonstrated proof that a human cannot die of embarrassment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

No, he got run off. You might ask Randro about it.

Or I might fuk Amy Shumer.

 

Pass.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Or I might fuk Amy Shumer.

 

Pass.....

There is a reason he keeps mentioning Amy Schumer.  He's a right wing troll.

Boothy is a White Supremacist.

The alt-right’s touch is so toxic that it poisons honest conversation about, well, almost everything.

One example — right-wing trolls have made it impossible to reasonably criticize new stand-up comedy specials.

Including Amy Schumer’s.

Schumer’s new hour of comedy on Netflix — The Leather Special — isn’t good. The critical and fan reviews reflect that. If you Google The Leather Special right now, you’ll get two explanations why.

One side — represented by sites such a Breitbart — says Schumer sucks and she’s ruining comedy. The other side claims those negative reviews are part of a concerted effort by internet bullies to drag Schumer through the mud.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, badlatitude said:

No, he got run off. You might ask Randro about it.

Verne said he was cool with my posts, he did not report me.

Some other whiny little bitch did though.  Not supporting Free Speech is fucking so Un-American.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 11:24 PM, Sol Rosenberg said:

FAE4A35D-36EE-41A8-B870-C295DEEFB1B0.jpeg

Johnson was smart, but he allowed JFK to be killed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2021 at 10:00 PM, roundthebuoys said:

Hmmm... I wonder why a dude with an 8ball gets incarcerated for life and another dude gets sent back to work the next day.  In Newport Beach.

Probably because he used a gun to rob a Welfare Check off of a  grandmother, where the Newport Beach guy works a 100 hour week and pays for it with his own money!  Just sayin'!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Randro said:

Johnson was smart, but he allowed JFK to be killed.

If you have to pick a dumb conspiracy theory as the dumbest thing Johnson ever did then you're missing something. I'll give you a hint. Several million deaths on the other side of the world. The country was run by a former production line manager for GM, clearly a very dangerous, very anti-American person. Ring a bell?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Olsonist said:

If you have to pick a dumb conspiracy theory as the dumbest thing Johnson ever did then you're missing something. I'll give you a hint. Several million deaths on the other side of the world. The country was run by a former production line manager for GM, clearly a very dangerous, very anti-American person. Ring a bell?

Where did I say it was the dumbest?

It's your story, spit it out, I'll get the popcorn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, silent bob said:

Probably because he used a gun to rob a Welfare Check off of a  grandmother, where the Newport Beach guy works a 100 hour week and pays for it with his own money!  Just sayin'!

Lololololol!  No dude in Newport Beach has ever worked 100/hrs per week in the history of ever.

But you bring up a good point.  It's never really about the actual drugs then is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...