One last gun thread thingy---- No Compromise....

I seriously have no idea what or how a 'podcast' is or how it frickin' works, but since I have no radio in La Bamba down here, I've been getting my daily dose of news and tunes from Radiostationusa.FM. Whatever. I keep hearing commercials (it's fuking Eye Heart Radio stuff usually) about a podcast coming up from PBC about guns & the NRA & this & that regarding why our country is unique when it comes to firearm ownership and the 2nd Amendment. I was almost tempted to learn how to listen to it, 'cuz the ads made it sound like it never been aired before......but after I poked around a bit it seems like I'm 8 months late or so. Typical Rick shit. But here's the linky thingy if any of you wanna listen to it....if you haven't already. Judging by the ads it seems like it may be a well made program....but then again.....it is PBC....

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510356/no-compromise

• El Mariachi changed the title to One last gun thread thingy---- No Compromise....
3 hours ago, Raz'r said:

He compromised on the title already...

3 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

?.....

Lefty dickwads are not interested in thoughtful discussions on gun, only thoughtless discussion on bans.

8 minutes ago, warbird said:

Lefty dickwads are not interested in thoughtful discussions on gun, only thoughtless discussion on bans.

I feel like I'm stuck in a revolving door sometimes here...with 3 blind dead cats and a crippled giraffe on 'shrooms. Seriously, I haven't seen so many dumb fuking people since the afternoon I got lost in East Virginia....and inadvertently stumbled across the Redneck County rattlesnake fuking championships contest......

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

When all your upvotes come from wardodo, you know there's a problem.

You know this is "anarchy" but the ed said "one more and you are flicked for life" so it isnt anarchy as much as it is sucking lefty cockarchy.

Good to see you PUI Wardodo - it's been a while since I read a good drunken, spittle spraying loser rant from you.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, warbird said:

You know this is "anarchy" but the ed said "one more and you are flicked for life" so it isnt anarchy as much as it is sucking lefty cockarchy.

I suspect he finds unchecked bullshit offensive and repulsive, you can't blame anyone for that. turn over a new leaf, warturd, we can have a group hug.

2 hours ago, warbird said:

Did he say one more what exactly?

Let me know and I can see what we can do to make it happen.  Just trying to help.

Let’s start this thread with a request for explanations: 

How does a background check restrict the gun owner’s right to keep and bear his arms??

2A doesn’t say diddly squat about a right to obtain or sell arms.

It CLEARLY states the government cannot infringe on the right to KEEP. 

Nobody says anybody HAS to sell to a guy who passes a background check.

Is it an infringement on your right to KEEP to force you to be selective when attempting to sell your arms?? 

11 hours ago, Ishmael said:

When all your upvotes come from wardodo, you know there's a problem.

11 hours ago, warbird said:

It's only Anarchy as long as you vote with the mob of...............................................

7 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

How does a background check restrict the gun owner’s right to keep and bear his arms??

Is it an infringement on your right to KEEP to force you to be selective when attempting to sell your arms?? 

Beggs the question, How do gun shop owners turn down someone that fails the check??  Totally ignorant here, but if someone fails, they are probably unstable and in a fricking Gun shop...  Just sayin...  

20 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Beggs the question, How do gun shop owners turn down someone that fails the check??  Totally ignorant here, but if someone fails, they are probably unstable and in a fricking Gun shop...  Just sayin...  

owner may well be armed

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole

20 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

I was in a shop where a denial was issued.  The guy had a 30year old complaint that had never be adjudicated.

12 hours ago, benwynn said:
12 hours ago, Ishmael said:

ap21007067368664.jpg

Expand  Expand  

Never Forget.

So much for that so called armed insurrection nobody from Team R was charged with firearm offences the only person shot was an unarmed protestor. I guess shooting unarmed protestors is acceptable if they didn't vote for team D.

With all the gun toting republicans i thought at least one might get into trouble for firearm offences.

The police officer Sicknick who died wasn't hit by a fire extinguisher despite the lies from the fake news he had no head injury he died from a stroke.

22 hours ago, 3to1 said:

I suspect he finds unchecked bullshit offensive and repulsive, you can't blame anyone for that. turn over a new leaf, warturd, we can have a group hug.

All lefty spew is unchecked, inaccurate, and most certainly "spew(ge)"

13 hours ago, shaggy said:

That's why every gun shop employee I've ever seen is armed.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

BANG   !!!!!

yosemite-sam.jpg.5f894630778ec4c4a707341180ce5a0f.jpg

9 hours ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

So much for that so called armed insurrection nobody from Team R was charged with firearm offences

Bullshit.  Do some research, then come back here after you get your shit together.  

I guess shooting unarmed protestors is acceptable if they didn't vote for team D.

If I was charged with defending lawmakers, and rioters had broken through the window of one of the last doors between the rioters and those lawmakers, anyone coming through that window would be shot. I don't give a flying fuck what team they are on.   Otherwise, your non-support of law enforcement is noted.

The police officer Sicknick who died wasn't hit by a fire extinguisher despite the lies from the fake news he had no head injury he died from a stroke.

The media was going with the information they had at the time about the fire extinguisher, and they were told so by authorities.   The media is now going with the information they have about it not being the fire extinguisher, and what they are being told by authorities. 

Why are you only calling one of the versions fake?   

Your attempt at minimizing this event is pathetic, and you are fucked up in the head for doing so. 

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

Says the guy who claims this guy died of a drug over dose.

53724164_303.jpg

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Burning Man said:

No it's not.  They are armed to sell more guns.

"Here's my choice, blah blah fucking blah ...."

Make the salespeople wear whatever they are trying to push this week.

On 4/24/2021 at 2:06 AM, shaggy said:

That's a wierd post.

So the solution is ... to sell the unstable guy the gun?  That what you are "just saying"?

18 hours ago, Burning Man said:

And not with Saturday Night Specials. Or 'Ghost guns'.....wetf THOSE are....  :lol:

Rick, I subtly disagree with your no compromise philosophy. The issue is if there is no compromise from us then there will definitely be no compromise on the other side. We will then be in a Mexican standoff, pun intended, and someone is going to lose.  I think there are definitely compromises to be made on both sides of this issue.

11 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

And not with Saturday Night Specials. Or 'Ghost guns'.....wetf THOSE are....  :lol:

Ghost guns are basically receivers that have been unfinished. Essentially all you need to do is drill the holes for the various internal pieces to fit and then add the internal parts in the gun is complete. The part that is registered with the authorities is the receiver in most cases. So there is a loophole where if the receiver is unfinished, it doesn’t need to be registered. Ghost guns are basically receivers that have been unfinished. Essentially all you need to do is drill the holes for the various internal pieces to fit and then add the internal parts in the gun is complete. The part that is registered with the authorities is the receiver in most cases. So there is a loophole where if the receiver is unfinished, it doesn’t need to be registered.

On 4/23/2021 at 9:06 AM, shaggy said:

i’m not sure what question this begs. I’ve been in plenty of gun stores where a patron next to me has been denied a weapon because they did not pass the background check. Or the gun shop has not even processed the background check because they did not have proper ID or because their ID did not match their address. I’ll kinds of things I’ve seen denied. They are very matter-of-fact about it.

If someone is a threat because they’ve been denied, it means they already have a weapon. So not sure what the gun shop is concerned about either way.

edit to add:  It’s not like they are going to be able to break into the gun counter while they’re standing there and grab a gun, and load it, and start shooting everybody before they get popped them selves.

12 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Rick, I subtly disagree with your no compromise philosophy. The issue is if there is no compromise from us then there will definitely be no compromise on the other side. We will then be in a Mexican standoff, pun intended, and someone is going to lose.  I think there are definitely compromises to be made on both sides of this issue.

Go back a few steps. To like the first post. 'No Compromise' is the name of the podcast thingy put on by NPR that I linked. I've never heard it...just passing it along to folks here that know what a podcast is.

I'm not one of those people......

5 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Go back a few steps. To like the first post. 'No Compromise' is the name of the podcast thingy put on by NPR that I linked. I've never heard it...just passing it along to folks here that know what a podcast is.

I'm not one of those people......

Ah. Copy. Fair enough. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Ghost guns are basically receivers that have been unfinished. Essentially all you need to do is drill the holes for the various internal pieces to fit and then add the internal parts in the gun is complete. The part that is registered with the authorities is the receiver in most cases. So there is a loophole where if the receiver is unfinished, it doesn’t need to be registered. Ghost guns are basically receivers that have been unfinished. Essentially all you need to do is drill the holes for the various internal pieces to fit and then add the internal parts in the gun is complete. The part that is registered with the authorities is the receiver in most cases. So there is a loophole where if the receiver is unfinished, it doesn’t need to be registered.

1). I know what they are.

2). They're also responsible for.....less than nine murders in the past ten years.

3). If that even. Remember....gang-on-gang murders.....don't fuking count....:lol:

1 minute ago, El Mariachi said:

1). I know what they are.

2). They're also responsible for.....less than nine murders in the past ten years.

3). If that even. Remember....gang-on-gang murders.....don't fuking count....:lol:

Well, you asked what they were. And I agree with you, they are not a major source of crime guns. I’m not 100% even aware that gangs are using them. It does require a bit of skill and knowledge to get those finished. It’s not like you can take a Black & Decker hand drill and drill out the holes.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Well, you asked what they were. And I agree with you, they are not a major source of crime guns. I’m not 100% even aware that gangs are using them. It does require a bit of skill and knowledge to get those finished. It’s not like you can take a Black & Decker hand drill and drill out the holes.

No, you'd want a Festool.

5 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

My hot-shot machinist bud in BFE, Arizona could probably make 220 of those a day. Easily.

Of course, he also has 3 employees....and $8.2 million buxs worth of tools.....:lol:

49 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

You've been here longer than I have.

Ever seen anyone from the TeamD/grabby side say that any gun control policy or advocate or legal position goes too far? I have not.

The war on drugs is coming to an end so they need a new headline to keep us focused on during the continued ass raping of us and anything resembling freedoms. 

The war on guns will now take center stage with about the same results as the war on drugs. 

But they will look like they are doing something and it keeps team D and team R continuing to fight and rally the loyalists to their cause. 

Rather than actually doing anything meaningful for the taxpayers that they are screwing over.

WL

52 minutes ago, Excoded Tom said:

Ever seen anyone from the TeamD/grabby side say that any gun control policy or advocate or legal position goes too far? I have not.

Yes, I have.  And so have you.  It's rare, but it's happened.

21 minutes ago, White Lightning2 said:

The war on drugs is coming to an end so they need a new headline to keep us focused on during the continued ass raping of us and anything resembling freedoms. 

The war on guns will now take center stage with about the same results as the war on drugs. 

But they will look like they are doing something and it keeps team D and team R continuing to fight and rally the loyalists to their cause. 

Rather than actually doing anything meaningful for the taxpayers that they are screwing over.

WL

Ya ever notice that the Leftistas, who keep calling Trump a Nazi and a Facist and a dictator and a Ruler and all that shit......are the same fuking hypocritical Leftistas that are doing EXACTLY the same thing? Censorship, cancel-culture, gun grabbers, statue topplers, history erasers, book burners, free speech haters, social media police, 'climate killing Hollywood bullshitters', pandering fuking racist asshole who don't give one fuk about minorities (because if they did, minorities wouldnt be in the same fuking posiition they've been in for 50 years now).

Seriously, when I first heard the phrase that Liberalism was a mental disorder.....I laughed it off.

Now? I know it's completely fuking true. These people think with their vaginas and not with their brains. And I'm fuking sick of them killing off our country......

1 hour ago, Excoded Tom said:

Wouldn't the definition of "grabby" sort of imply that?  

3 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Ya ever notice that the Leftistas, who keep calling Trump a Nazi and a Facist and a dictator and a Ruler and all that shit......are the same fuking hypocritical Leftistas that are doing EXACTLY the same thing? Censorship, cancel-culture, gun grabbers, statue topplers, history erasers, book burners, free speech haters, social media police, 'climate killing Hollywood bullshitters', pandering fuking racist asshole who don't give one fuk about minorities (because if they did, minorities wouldnt be in the same fuking posiition they've been in for 50 years now).

Seriously, when I first heard the phrase that Liberalism was a mental disorder.....I laughed it off.

Now? I know it's completely fuking true. These people think with their vaginas and not with their brains. And I'm fuking sick of them killing off our country......

Have some hope.  Perhaps at some point the "leftistas" will come to their senses and storm the Capital building with the intent of finding lawmakers and killing them, or at least overturning a Presidential Election by force.

Think positive.  I know it's a stretch, but it could happen.  Then everything will be just right as fucking rain.   Right?

On 4/22/2021 at 4:26 PM, El Mariachi said:

I seriously have no idea what or how a 'podcast' is or how it frickin' works, but since I have no radio in La Bamba down here, I've been getting my daily dose of news and tunes from Radiostationusa.FM. Whatever. I keep hearing commercials (it's fuking Eye Heart Radio stuff usually) about a podcast coming up from PBC about guns & the NRA & this & that regarding why our country is unique when it comes to firearm ownership and the 2nd Amendment. I was almost tempted to learn how to listen to it, 'cuz the ads made it sound like it never been aired before......but after I poked around a bit it seems like I'm 8 months late or so. Typical Rick shit. But here's the linky thingy if any of you wanna listen to it....if you haven't already. Judging by the ads it seems like it may be a well made program....but then again.....it is PBC....

If you have a problem with gun control laws why are you living in Mexico, moron?   They have some of the most draconian gun laws around. Literally only criminal have guns -- or ammo--- in Mexico. 

7 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

If you have a problem with gun control laws why are you living in Mexico, moron?   They have some of the most draconian gun laws around. Literally only criminal have guns -- or ammo--- in Mexico. 

You could not be more wrong, Honey.....

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

Wouldn't that mean that they are not "gun grabbers"?

No.  Admitting something has gone too far but being ok with it because it doesn't affect them directly still makes them shades of grabbers.

43 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:
51 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

You could not be more wrong, Honey.....

I think he meant "legally".

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

No.  Admitting something has gone too far but being ok with it because it doesn't affect them directly still makes them shades of grabbers.

Got it.  Didn't realize it was that complicates with "shades" and shit.   Thanks.

On 4/23/2021 at 12:43 PM, El Mariachi said:

I feel like I'm stuck in a revolving door sometimes here...with 3 blind dead cats and a crippled giraffe on 'shrooms. Seriously, I haven't seen so many dumb fuking people since the afternoon I got lost in East Virginia....and inadvertently stumbled across the Redneck County rattlesnake fuking championships contest......

Is there a Podcast of that?

• Like 1
On 4/24/2021 at 2:06 AM, shaggy said:

On 4/24/2021 at 2:26 AM, jerseyguy said:

owner may well be armed

I'm pretty sure even Gun Shop owners have Email.

On 4/23/2021 at 8:54 AM, Meat Wad said:

It's only Anarchy as long as you vote with the mob of...............................................

Anarchy and stupidity are not the same thing.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:
On 4/23/2021 at 9:26 AM, jerseyguy said:

owner may well be armed

I'm pretty sure even Gun Shop owners have Email.

No, they tell the buyer on the spot while they're waiting.  Usually takes about an hour, 3 max to get a response back from the NICS.  Most people wait.

5 hours ago, Burning Man said:

No, they tell the buyer on the spot while they're waiting.  Usually takes about an hour, 3 max to get a response back from the NICS.  Most people wait.

The NICS system is an unreliable flawed system.  Wanna stop grabbers from grabbing everything....fix this broken piece of shit. 

9 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

The entire country has one gun store.  

1). True, they have one 'licensed' firearm store in El Distrito'. Where buying a gun is more tedious & time consuming than finding a good snow mobile dealer in Sudan.

2). Mexico, however......has 'not licensed' gun stores......about every two city blocks. If not closer. You'd be AMAZED at some of the shit I've seen down here over the years. Would make Turner's Outdoors look like Bed, Bath & Beyond.....

12 hours ago, Burning Man said:

You have never finished an 80% have you?

There are many different kinds.

When I finished mine, I used a Milwaukee cordless drill and a Milwaukee router, along with a jig and endmill tools for the router.

It does take a lot of skill if you are finishing a metal receiver, but the Glock kits are pretty easy to finish.

1 hour ago, Greever said:

When I finished mine, I used a Milwaukee cordless drill and a Milwaukee router, along with a jig and endmill tools for the router.

It does take a lot of skill if you are finishing a metal receiver, but the Glock kits are pretty easy to finish.

endmill tools, in a millwaukee router? freehand? what?

14 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Well, you asked what they (ghost guns) were. And I agree with you, they are not a major source of crime guns

^^^ fluffy boy is out of touch, both with the facts, and with LE, on this one

fluffy boy is looking for the groove, with boothy

sounds kinda sketchy to me, with nice fresh racebaiting in the morning

Are ghost guns frequently used in violent crime?

Yes, ghost guns are increasing being used in shootings across the country:

• In July 2020, an individual who was prohibited from possessing guns allegedly murdered two people in Pennsylvania using a homemade 9mm handgun.9
  • In November 2019, a 16-year-old shot five of his classmates at Saugus High School in California—two of them fatally—using a homemade handgun, before fatally shooting himself.10
  • In August 2019, a shooter used a homemade gun kit to build a .223-caliber firearm that he later used to fire 41 shots in 32 seconds in a bar in Dayton, Ohio, shooting 26 people and killing nine.11
  • In 2017, in Northern California, a man prohibited from possessing firearms ordered kits to build AR-15-style rifles. On November 13, he initiated a series of shootings that began with fatally shooting his wife at home, followed by a rampage the next day during which he fired at multiple people in several different locations, including an elementary school, killing five people and injuring dozens more.12
  • In 2013, a shooter opened fire in Santa Monica, California, shooting 100 rounds, killing five people, and injuring several others at a community college using a homemade AR-15 rifle. Reporting indicates the shooter had previously tried to purchase a firearm from a licensed gun dealer and failed a background check, potentially indicating why he opted to order parts to build a gun instead.13

Law enforcement officials around the country are sounding the alarm about the dramatic increase in the recovery of ghost guns at crime scenes in their communities. ATF reported that approximately 10,000 ghost guns were recovered across the country in 2019.14 Ghost guns have also been illegally trafficked to Mexico.15 In addition:

• In 2019, Washington, D.C., police recovered 115 ghost guns, a 360 percent increase from 2018, when they recovered 25 ghost guns, and a 3,733 percent increase from 2017, when only three such firearms were recovered.16
  • In 2019, ATF reported recovering 117 ghost guns in Maryland with almost 25 percent recovered from Baltimore alone. Ghost gun recoveries in the state then tripled in 2020.17
  • According to law enforcement in Philadelphia, ghost gun recoveries in that city rose 152 percent from 2019 to 2020.18
  • The special agent in charge of the ATF Los Angeles Field Division reported in January 2021 that 41 percent of the division’s cases involve ghost guns, and a May 2019 statewide analysis in California found that 30 percent of all guns recovered in connection with a crime in the state did not have serial numbers.19

In addition, an investigation by The Trace found that ghost guns are increasingly becoming the weapon of choice for violent white supremacists and anti-government extremists.20

What is the solution for addressing ghost guns?

There are two potential approaches for banning ghost guns. First, Congress could pass legislation clarifying that unfinished receivers must be regulated in the same manner as fully finished firearms, which would require that these components be marked with serial numbers and only sold after a background check. Legislation has been introduced in Congress21 that would enact this change at the federal level, and eight states have enacted state laws to address the problem of ghost guns.22

The proliferation of ghost guns can also be addressed administratively. ATF should issue revised guidance clarifying that unfinished receivers that need only a few final steps before they can be used to make a fully functional firearm meet the statutory definition of “firearm” and are therefore subject to the same legal requirements as finished firearms.

Frequently Asked Questions About Ghost Guns - Center for American Progress

11 hours ago, Clove Hitch said:

The entire country (Mexico) has one gun store. 

and that store is called the united states

On 4/22/2021 at 4:26 PM, El Mariachi said:

Hey Rick,

Long time no see. Did the Federalies let you out of jail, or did Mexico finally get internet in their prisons?

1 hour ago, Lifted Tack said:

Hey Rick,

Long time no see. Did the Federalies let you out of jail, or did Mexico finally get internet in their prisons?

Si......

16 hours ago, Burning Man said:

edit to add:  It’s not like they are going to be able to break into the gun counter while they’re standing there and grab a gun, and load it, and start shooting everybody before they get popped them selves.

As a 100% non gun guy I did not set foot in a gun shop until about 2 years ago and that was to plink with a buddy so was not paying much attention to the details.  This might be Crazy obvious to you. 

Asked and answered. Seriously thanks..

3 hours ago, jocal505 said:

endmill tools, in a millwaukee router? freehand? what?

You use the jig. The first few passes on the router are critical, after that, you use the edges of the jig to mill in a straight line...

1 hour ago, Greever said:

And yes you are using the router freehand...

55 years in the decorative dead tree business. I can free-hand a router like Tom Cruise can make cocktails......:lol:

On 4/23/2021 at 12:06 PM, shaggy said:

I was in a gun shop when that happened. They just wandered off to find a yard sale or something :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, dacapo said:

The NICS system is an unreliable flawed system.  Wanna stop grabbers from grabbing everything....fix this broken piece of shit. 

I agree.  I've been saying this for years here. 

And it's not so much that it's "Broken", it's just incomplete.  Garbage in/Garbage out.  Too many jurisdictions are not reporting into it.  And too much information is exempt because FUCK YOU, 4th AMENDMENT!!!

9 hours ago, Greever said:

You are correct, I've only ever done a metal AR receiver.  That's troubling about the Glock kits.  I'm not a fan of the 80% guns for this reason.  It's a loophole that's being exploited and I'm sure there are stats on these glock type kits being used in gang crimes.  

7 hours ago, jocal505 said:

and that store is called the united states

This is one of your better ones, joe.  credit where credit is due.

3 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

55 years in the decorative dead tree business. I can free-hand a router like Tom Cruise can make cocktails......:lol:

Yep. People that are good with tools have no problems.

The other people wind up with a chunk of useless metal or plastic...

• Like 1
On 4/24/2021 at 10:01 PM, Burning Man said:
On 4/24/2021 at 9:00 PM, Excoded Tom said:

Yes, I have.  And so have you.  It's rare, but it's happened.

Uh huh. Got some examples?

The response of the chorus to even bringing up which guns to ban is well known: dogballs!

Trump was impeached the first time for abuse of power.

Obama looked into banning bump stocka by executive action repeatedly but determined it would be... wait for it... abuse of his power to rewrite the law through reinterpretation.

Trump just went ahead and did it. Not a peep from those soooo concerned about his abuse of power because the result was gungrabby.

2 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

What a dipshit. Most of us carry tampons & Tampax's for these situations.....

They do recommend against reusing them.

12 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

Trump just went ahead and did it. Not a peep from those soooo concerned about his abuse of power because the result was gungrabby.

I actually agreed with the EO.  I think bump Stockas are a loophole in the "fully automatic" ATF's rules.  Whether you like those rules or not, they are the current regs.  And BStockas are an end run around that rule.  So.... buh bye.  And besides, add on stocks are not firearms - therefore not protected by the 2A.

6 hours ago, Burning Man said:

I actually agreed with the EO.  I think bump Stockas are a loophole in the "fully automatic" ATF's rules.  Whether you like those rules or not, they are the current regs.  And BStockas are an end run around that rule.  So.... buh bye.  And besides, add on stocks are not firearms - therefore not protected by the 2A.

I don't recall an EO. He directed an exec agency to reverse their longstanding interpretation of law. It could be called a "loophole" in the law, but the law says what it says and Obama was right to determine (repeatedly) that the legislature, not the executive, can change what a law says.

Siding with Trump's wisdom instead of Obama's folly on how our government works is just ridiculous, as lots of voices would point out on any other issue.

I never said there was a second amendment problem. Those are elsewhere. Indoor militias, the Bill of Rights applying only to pre-1789 technology, and banning battlefield .22's and other weapons that are "part of the ordinary military equipment," to name a few examples.