Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 minute of your time:; Nature Is Speaking – Julia Roberts is Mother Nature | Conservation International (CI) - YouTube

When I was a kid in the 60's I collected empty bottles - all glass and heavy. 2 cents for the small ones an d 5 cents for the big ones.. Coca Cola foisted plastic bottles upon us. We did not ask

Posted Images

This is just exploitation and victimization of individuals. YOU can do it, You are responsible, recycle and be carbon neutral. Save nature by your actions.

Fuck this shit, tax and make polluting industries responsible for their waste. They should be responsible for the life cycle of the garbage they pump out and not put the onus on consumers.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

some beautiful visuals in the video. conspicuous lack of posts in this important and relevant thread. is the 'biggest of big pictures' just not entertaining enough? big polluters on this planet get away with their evil murderous shit because there's an absurd lack of focus at the individual level on eco issues. it's barely on the radar, that's fucked up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

we can't hide from our obscenities forever... the time frame, in fact, is minuscule in the extreme.

Link to post
Share on other sites

for too many other species, it's far too late. 

it's all on us, we're failing miserably.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, VhmSays said:

This is just exploitation and victimization of individuals. YOU can do it, You are responsible, recycle and be carbon neutral. Save nature by your actions.

Fuck this shit, tax and make polluting industries responsible for their waste. They should be responsible for the life cycle of the garbage they pump out and not put the onus on consumers.

 

How the fuck do you think this can work. The EU is trying to bring in a tariff on imports that come from places where the carbon shit is ignored. The US screamed about how unfair it was.

Or have you found some new country where unicorns gambol freely among the everlasting flowers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gissie said:

How the fuck do you think this can work. The EU is trying to bring in a tariff on imports that come from places where the carbon shit is ignored. The US screamed about how unfair it was.

Or have you found some new country where unicorns gambol freely among the everlasting flowers.

where there's political will, virtually anything is possible, quite literally. it doesn't really matter what you think will or won't 'work', only what will work for the natural world. that's the only thing that matters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

where there's political will, virtually anything is possible, quite literally. it doesn't really matter what you think will or won't 'work', only what will work for the natural world. that's the only thing that matters.

So the US political will at the moment is to shut down trying to do something. Marvellous.

Link to post
Share on other sites

whatever. 100% more needs to be done, by all governments and people.

I mean, it's only the fkn' planet...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that this shit here is beyond daunting, but I guess bruce's box is more entertaining.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have thought that more from us sailors on the subject, This isn't a right or left issue, it's a mankind problem , what do we want to leave our children and grand child with plenty of money or a clean habitable planet? It's our choice. by time it's their problem it will be too late!

I used to think it was just global warming  back in the 70's now I consider a global pollution problem which includes many issues!

 Thinking ahead: the greatest long-term threats facing mankind (msn.com)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Not for nothing said:

I used to think it was just global warming  back in the 70's

No you didn't. In the 70's it was going to be global cooling that was going to do us in - human activity was going to trigger an ice age.

Back then people actually worried about overpopulation too, not about having a high enough birth rate to pay for pension plans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 3to1 said:

whatever. 100% more needs to be done, by all governments and people.

I mean, it's only the fkn' planet...

But what is really happening? China is boosting coal generation like crazy and said it ill look at its levels in 2060. India is burning more coal and told the west that the aim of neutral by 2050 is just pie in the sky dreaming. The US I exactly slowing down on coal. Here in NZ we have shut down coal and new gas exploration. Which is great because we now get to import hundreds of thousands of tons of coal to keep our power going.

Plus the world was going to end by 2020, then 2030. Now it seems it has been pushed out to 2050 by some countries and 1060 at least by others. Some countries claim they will consider it if the wet pays them billions.

So looks like we are rather fucked, not the planet, it will go on. Perhaps it is a better use of resources to try and learn how to live with what is coming, because, assuming the science is settled, there is fuck all we can seriously do. Adapt or die is going to be the way forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gissie said:

But what is really happening? China is boosting coal generation like crazy and said it ill look at its levels in 2060. India is burning more coal and told the west that the aim of neutral by 2050 is just pie in the sky dreaming. The US I exactly slowing down on coal. Here in NZ we have shut down coal and new gas exploration. Which is great because we now get to import hundreds of thousands of tons of coal to keep our power going.

Plus the world was going to end by 2020, then 2030. Now it seems it has been pushed out to 2050 by some countries and 1060 at least by others. Some countries claim they will consider it if the wet pays them billions.

So looks like we are rather fucked, not the planet, it will go on. Perhaps it is a better use of resources to try and learn how to live with what is coming, because, assuming the science is settled, there is fuck all we can seriously do. Adapt or die is going to be the way forward.

this reads like petroleum shill 101 assholery/bullshitting, but I realize it's how you yourself approach the issue, no offense.. but more specifically, the BIOSPHERE of the planet IS, and will be fucked to a vastly more advanced degree than us humans will, and only then will we be fucked, and we'll know it. just look at the science, data and grievous state of the global environment at this point, it's black and white.

so you had the scenario backwards ffs, it needed to be clarified. I doubt you're that stupid, do I sense a lack of goodwill or something?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

No you didn't. In the 70's it was going to be global cooling that was going to do us in - human activity was going to trigger an ice age.

Back then people actually worried about overpopulation too, not about having a high enough birth immigrant rate to pay for pension plans.

A modest proposal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

No you didn't. In the 70's it was going to be global cooling that was going to do us in - human activity was going to trigger an ice age.

Back then people actually worried about overpopulation too, not about having a high enough birth rate to pay for pension plans.

Your talking about the general thoughts at that time , being a contrarian, I didn't.                                                                                                                                               Being on the water most of my life ( ie crossing the pacific 4 times )and a sailor Maybe I saw things differently, Read an article in the early 70's "limited Growth" formed a lot of my opinion of the world/society , to quote George Carlin , the earth will be still here after MAN is long GONE,

God (if you believe him) Gave the us/ People a beautiful place to live ,then some snake (todays CEO's, Politician's pope's...........} gave the bitch an apple to take a bite of which screwed us all , if you believe in that comic book?

Then being a father/husband got caught of in the pension thing as noted.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 3to1 said:

there's an absurd lack of focus at the individual level on eco issues.

you would be wrong,,

, or did I miss you at the Tweaker camp clean up

16 hours ago, 3to1 said:

only what will work for the natural world. that's the only thing that matters

Agree.

13 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Back then people actually worried about overpopulation too

I was wasting some time, and googled 

tent city seattle

and Portland, LA, Detroit, NY. 'dago, and about a dozen from the left coast to the right.

 

They all looked exactly the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

 

Agree.

 

you vote for the 'murican Reich don't you? you always contradict yourself?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quit flailing ,

, try to keep up,

you said;

21 hours ago, 3to1 said:

,,,what will work for the natural world. that's the only thing that matters.

I said that I AGREE with you

I said that I AGREE with you. 

I said that I AGREE with you

, that's three times,, ? got it now ?

I said that I AGREE with you

try to focus now,

This is where I said  "you would be wrong"

23 hours ago, 3to1 said:

there's an absurd lack of focus at the individual level on eco issues

Laser sharpness,  3bait. 

 

Your neighborhood is part of the natural world.

Your neighborhood is part of "Historic Range" ,, and THAT is  the only thing that matters.

? a green belt in a subdivision, or near a school ?

? any parks ?  SHIRLY there has to be a park with a tent city close to a school. 

( Seattle has one ( right next to an elementary shool) where a resident has a sword )

 

#Restore your city,  that's the only thing that matters

 

, clean out the vermin, re-vegetate the riverbanks,  Aspen trees will grow,  etc, etc,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mike in Seattle said:

Quit flailing ,

, try to keep up,

you said;

I said that I AGREE with you

I said that I AGREE with you. 

I said that I AGREE with you

, that's three times,, ? got it now ?

I said that I AGREE with you

try to focus now,

This is where I said  "you would be wrong"

Laser sharpness,  3bait. 

 

Your neighborhood is part of the natural world.

Your neighborhood is part of "Historic Range" ,, and THAT is  the only thing that matters.

? a green belt in a subdivision, or near a school ?

? any parks ?  SHIRLY there has to be a park with a tent city close to a school. 

( Seattle has one ( right next to an elementary shool) where a resident has a sword )

 

#Restore your city,  that's the only thing that matters

 

, clean out the vermin, re-vegetate the riverbanks,  Aspen trees will grow,  etc, etc,

 

of course you agree with me because my point is indisputable, your vote, however would contradict all that. I'm done giving you hints on why that might be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll be able to hear them Howling outside you window.

, remember to not mimic the movements af farm animals if you go outside to whiz.

, won't be long, and your city won't look like a shithole anymore.

23 hours ago, 3to1 said:

only what will work for the natural world. that's the only thing that matters.

Historic Range is what CBD is demanding.  I'm being reasonable, , I want to give them what they want.

You need packs of wolves in your city.  This  point is indisputable.

It is what the natural world needs to heal,,  also indisputable .

 

 

:) , and as a psychic, , you belong in the kitchen with Meli.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

you would be wrong,,

, or did I miss you at the Tweaker camp clean up

Agree.

I was wasting some time, and googled 

tent city seattle

and Portland, LA, Detroit, NY. 'dago, and about a dozen from the left coast to the right.

 

They all looked exactly the same.

Little Boxes, little boxes

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had almost forgotten that tune.  , but that was when we were kids. 

 

The cities all look the same-different  now

 

Tent City

 

All of our cities are the same shithole.

 

1 hour ago, Mike in Seattle said:

#Restore your city,  that's the only thing that matters

 

, clean out the vermin, re-vegetate the riverbanks,  Aspen trees will grow,  etc, etc,

The natural world needs cleansed, 

 

, and 3bait  sounds like a conservative, denying the Science

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

none of that even makes sense, you mf'n imbecile (and this topic has less than zero to do with your murder fetish). go away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Mike in Seattle said:

 

 

The cities all look the same-different  now

 

Tent City

Fred Trump would be proud of Donnie's new tenement  housing  low cost , high density and profit,

MAGA,

Trump's 2024 slogan" A house/tent for All, I solved the homeless problem"

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, 3to1 said:

this reads like petroleum shill 101 assholery/bullshitting, but I realize it's how you yourself approach the issue, no offense.. but more specifically, the BIOSPHERE of the planet IS, and will be fucked to a vastly more advanced degree than us humans will, and only then will we be fucked, and we'll know it. just look at the science, data and grievous state of the global environment at this point, it's black and white.

so you had the scenario backwards ffs, it needed to be clarified. I doubt you're that stupid, do I sense a lack of goodwill or something?

 

So facts about coal use are now just shill talking shit. Man, you are one fucked up idiot.

As for you bleating about the biosphere, you must smoke some serious shit. The biosphere, much like the planet in the foreseeable future will exist. In fact if the planet exists, it has a biosphere. It might not be suitable for humans, but it will still be here.

As for the black and white, you are the one blindly ignoring reality. Assume the science is correct this time and we have until 2030 or even 2050 to bring it under control. This is not an achievable target. Most of the world isn't trying, let alone just going through the motions. So 2050 will come and we will still be burning shit, CO2 will be climbing and the climate will be changing.

The answers from idiots like you is how all these technologies will suddenly appear to solve our problems. We just need to punish the poor, whatever country they are in, a bit more.

And bleat at the moon and rail against the tide as well. It will all help. Or not.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gissie said:

Their tears are the only solutions they will come up with.

for what it's worth, if that were true, it beats rationalizing going tits up, you crusty 'ol fucker. is that the way you roll?

I have a suspision the real issue here is you get up to some dastardly harmful shit to make a living at the expense of the environment and you're desperately trying to play mind games with yourself so you don't see yourself as little more than a dirty fkg parasitic kunt taker. or maybe it's about where your votes go. guilt will eat your ass alive...

btw, go tell your asinine defeatist bullshit to some experts in the field, it'll be well received. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

Derangement is real. 

 

@Not for nothing  @3to1     Solutions, please. not crying

solutions? here's a start; the status quo doesn't work. there's your 'solutions', einstein.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2021 at 5:47 AM, VhmSays said:

Fuck this shit, tax and make polluting industries responsible for their waste. They should be responsible for the life cycle of the garbage they pump out and not put the onus on consumers.

OK, so I watched the vid because I identified with the posters Vietnam vet ID. 

And have to agree with Vhm here - positive environmental actions by individuals/families are pretty much of symbolic importance. 

The real bad environmental actors are the industries, and don't forget the US military - world's single biggest polluter. 

Still, all that home recycling, etc. is good. In our Sisyphean way, we do what we can. 

I did not see the vid as blaming only individual peeps. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3to1 said:

for what it's worth, if that were true, it beats rationalizing going tits up, you crusty 'ol fucker. is that the way you roll?

I have a suspision the real issue here is you get up to some dastardly harmful shit to make a living at the expense of the environment and you're desperately trying to play mind games with yourself so you don't see yourself as little more than a dirty fkg parasitic kunt taker. or maybe it's about where your votes go. guilt will eat your ass alive...

btw, go tell your asinine defeatist bullshit to some experts in the field, it'll be well received. 

Guilt, :lol: not here dickwad.As for dastardly shit, not at all.

I am not defeatist at all, just would like someone to come up with a solution that will work world wide. At the moment it is all crap electric this, renewable that. Even buy carbon credits from another country to pretend you are doing something which is a really dumb idea. But without buy in from all countries it is worse than pissing into the wind.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3to1 said:

solutions? here's a start; the status quo doesn't work. there's your 'solutions', einstein.

Brilliant, a sensible answer at last.

And it is (drum roll)...

"Do something different."

Such amazing depth and detail. Bought to you by that erudite genius 3into1, saviour of the universe.

Fuck I love this place

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Brilliant, a sensible answer at last.

And it is (drum roll)...

"Do something different."

Such amazing depth and detail. Bought to you by that erudite genius 3into1, saviour of the universe.

Fuck I love this place

isn't it obvious I was trying to elaborate?

fuck sometimes I hate this place

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

isn't it obvious I was trying to elaborate?

fuck sometimes I hate this place

You could always leave...

Still waiting for a sensible way forward, taking into account the attitude of China and India. Plus all the other developing countries of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gissie said:

You could always leave...

Still waiting for a sensible way forward, taking into account the attitude of China and India. Plus all the other developing countries of course.

oh, this obtuse motherfucker is 'still waiting for a sensible way forward'..

you want to educate yourself on the situation and all the proposals out there, then do it. it's a work in progress (assuming there's the political will), your claims that none of it can be effective enough is fkn' bs. stfu, already.

btw, all this will make the moon shots seem like child's play, and the scale isn't even comparable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

oh, this obtuse motherfucker is 'still waiting for a sensible way forward'..

you want to educate yourself on the situation and all the proposals out there, then do it. it's a work in progress (assuming there's the political will), your claims that none of it can be effective enough is fkn' bs. stfu, already.

btw, all this will make the moon shots seem like child's play, and the scale isn't even comparable.

So nothing. Par for the course 3into, just general crap. Without China and India etc we are fucked. The west can go carbon 'neutral' new week if they want and the world will not hit the targets science tells us is the only way to stop the end of the world.

Have a nice day, I will leave you in your little world of angst.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gissie said:

So nothing. Par for the course 3into, just general crap. Without China and India etc we are fucked. The west can go carbon 'neutral' new week if they want and the world will not hit the targets science tells us is the only way to stop the end of the world.

Have a nice day, I will leave you in your little world of angst.

china and india need to get on board, this shit is top priority and isn't negotiable. fuck what any country thinks helps or harms their economies, this is bigger than that.

unless our species boils down to more than a virus, we'll do well to remember that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3to1 said:

china and india need to get on board, this shit is top priority and isn't negotiable. fuck what any country thinks helps or harms their economies, this is bigger than that.

unless our species boils down to more than a virus, we'll do well to remember that.

Oh that's okay then. 3into1 says China and India need to get on board, so all is good. The best idea to solve this problem yet.

I have a nasty suspicion they will tell you to fuck off. So maybe we could tell them we are really miffed with them next, perhaps that will work. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Oh that's okay then. 3into1 says China and India need to get on board, so all is good. The best idea to solve this problem yet.

I have a nasty suspicion they will tell you to fuck off. So maybe we could tell them we are really miffed with them next, perhaps that will work. :lol:

oh, I realize that they're obstinate monkeys (similar to you), I just said it to take a shit on that snot-nosed obstinance.

 

planet>cuntry

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3to1 said:

oh, I realize that they're obstinate monkeys (similar to you), I just said it to take a shit on that snot-nosed obstinance.

 

planet>cuntry

Oh, so they are monkeys then? Nice. You've got all the nice things by exploitation of resources but you want to deny those that aspire to those same nice things. You've raped your own country and raped many others as well for your own benefit. You want them to remain third world shit holes because you "know better" now? You want them to stop knocking down their forests and mining? Pay them then. 

Piss off with your lecturing. You're a selfish asshole. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gissie said:

You could always leave...

Still waiting for a sensible way forward, taking into account the attitude of China and India. Plus all the other developing countries of course.

The only solution is;

Have fewer children.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 00seven said:

Oh, so they are monkeys then? Nice. You've got all the nice things by exploitation of resources but you want to deny those that aspire to those same nice things. You've raped your own country and raped many others as well for your own benefit. You want them to remain third world shit holes because you "know better" now? You want them to stop knocking down their forests and mining? Pay them then. 

Piss off with your lecturing. You're a selfish asshole. 

you pulled that out of your smelly shitter, I'm not directly advocating trying to deny anyone of anything, but materialism is basically a fkn' fool's errand. take what you need.

I fkn' repeat- it's very simple, the topic here isn't really about humanitarian or economic nuances. indeed, the whole point is, for once, it ain't all about us fkn' high maintenance hairless monkeys, but about miraculous life supporting natural systems that have taken 4.5 billion years to form and have gotten fucked into the initial stages of collapse in about 200 entirely by us (and the more the overall process advances, the more it accelerates). that's the biggest problem this world can ever face, it should be treated as such for a long list of pragmatic reasons.

if you don't think it's a triage situation at this point, you're ignorant. aren't you right-wing?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

The only solution is;

Have fewer children.

that's only a single solution among thousands. but you already knew that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 3to1 said:

you pulled that out of your smelly shitter, I'm not directly advocating trying to deny anyone of anything, but materialism is basically a fkn' fool's errand. take what you need.

I fkn' repeat- it's very simple, the topic here isn't really about humanitarian or economic nuances. indeed, the whole point is, for once, it ain't all about us fkn' high maintenance hairless monkeys, but about miraculous life supporting natural systems that have taken 4.5 billion years to form and have gotten fucked into the initial stages of collapse in about 200 entirely by us (and the more the overall process advances, the more it accelerates). that's the biggest problem this world can ever face, it should be treated as such for a long list of pragmatic reasons.

if you don't think it's a triage situation at this point, you're ignorant. aren't you right-wing?

 

We get it, you are all upset about what is/has happened. But that is as far as you go, wailing and gnashing of teeth. All shirt and no trousers.

Just one sensible idea would be good, but no, your latest is calling Chinese and Indians monkeys. Nice look that. There is no answer that will give the result the settled science is telling us is required.
So either we sit in a little huddle pounding sand and crying like little babies or we do our best to deal with the shit coming.

Plus you go on about how the world and the biosphere I'd fucked, once more you are wrong (no big surprise there). It is changing, much like it has since earth was created, it is just doing it quicker than expected. We will not stop it, so it is a case of adapt or die. The earth and its biosphere doesn't give a toss either way. Until the sun burns it up they will be here, humans or not. Little cry babies like you or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

The only solution is;

Have fewer children.

Sheesh, Sloop. 

That sounds just like Meli .  ? can you help with her "birth control pills for wolves" plan ?

While 3bait only has rants and flailing,,  you usually represent  better.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gissie said:

We get it, you are all upset about what is/has happened. But that is as far as you go, wailing and gnashing of teeth. All shirt and no trousers.

Just one sensible idea would be good, but no, your latest is calling Chinese and Indians monkeys. Nice look that. There is no answer that will give the result the settled science is telling us is required.
So either we sit in a little huddle pounding sand and crying like little babies or we do our best to deal with the shit coming.

Plus you go on about how the world and the biosphere I'd fucked, once more you are wrong (no big surprise there). It is changing, much like it has since earth was created, it is just doing it quicker than expected. We will not stop it, so it is a case of adapt or die. The earth and its biosphere doesn't give a toss either way. Until the sun burns it up they will be here, humans or not. Little cry babies like you or not.

mitigation (and though extremely improbable, reversal) is the best way 'to deal with the shit that is coming', you fkn' tortured clodhopper.

and btw, I don't disagree that there's a lot shit on the horizon, and that's one-hundred percent on us, nor am I calling chinese/indians fkn' monkeys, there was nothing behind it.

you're a disingenuous c-nt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

Sheesh, Sloop. 

That sounds just like Meli .  ? can you help with her "birth control pills for wolves" plan ?

While 3bait only has rants and flailing,,  you usually represent  better.

 

you think anyone actually gives a rat dropping what you 'think' about almost anything, derp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3to1 said:

you think anyone actually gives a rat dropping what you 'think' about almost anything, derp.

Not really, but then again I am a realist. Unlike you, you blister and rant but never anything that might work. You regurgitate the sayings of the day with no thought process involved. Shut down any contrary ideas as racist or fascist or whatever other label is being bandied about at the time.

I would be happy to listen to your ideas, but you just on have one. Nothing. You would lose a debate with a two year old. Followed up by a smacking from the mother after you resorted to abuse as per normal. Same shit different day from 3into1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gissie said:

 

Plus you go on about how the world and the biosphere I'd fucked, once more you are wrong (no big surprise there). It is changing, much like it has since earth was created, it is just doing it quicker than expected. We will not stop it, so it is a case of adapt or die. The earth and its biosphere doesn't give a toss either way. 

guess I'd be happy to try to brainstorm a little with you about this extremely complex subject, but this isn't being responsible, most would call it a lie. I would, too. 

I don't understand what so many apparently willful ignorants have to lose by simply acknowledging the cold reality in regard to this. what do you call that shit, is it some state of denial (and as importantly, why)? will it burst your bubble, or something?

I gotta' say I suspect you're either playing games with yourself, or you're just simple. but I don't think you're that stupid. morally stupid, maybe? if that's the case, we don't have fuck all to say to each other.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

The only solution is;

Have fewer children.

How quickly we forget what a few days lockdown did to improve air quality.

3 days and one could see the stars again in the cities.

Covid has taught us a few good things.

USE LESS.

It's pointless expecting industry to stop supplying  the insatiable demands of a consumer society.

It's really not hard:

To stop buying shit one really does not need.

Use public transport when available.

Source your "needs" from recycled or second hand.

Put on a Jumper inside when it's a shocking 16 degrees C

Wear a coat on the train instead of overheating.

Turn all but safety lights off in buildings at night.

Zoom meetings instead of catching a plane.

etc

all the above are absolutely painless.

I'm far from a ECO warrior, but I hate waste.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 3to1 said:

you pulled that out of your smelly shitter, I'm not directly advocating trying to deny anyone of anything, but materialism is basically a fkn' fool's errand. take what you need.

I fkn' repeat- it's very simple, the topic here isn't really about humanitarian or economic nuances. indeed, the whole point is, for once, it ain't all about us fkn' high maintenance hairless monkeys, but about miraculous life supporting natural systems that have taken 4.5 billion years to form and have gotten fucked into the initial stages of collapse in about 200 entirely by us (and the more the overall process advances, the more it accelerates). that's the biggest problem this world can ever face, it should be treated as such for a long list of pragmatic reasons.

if you don't think it's a triage situation at this point, you're ignorant. aren't you right-wing?

 

Again, you've got nothing. You bring not one damn iota to the table other bluff & bluster & name calling. What are you doing other than gas bagging on an internet forum that has 2 dozen followers? Not a goddam thing.

I offered a suggestion, you've offered nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 00seven said:

Again, you've got nothing. You bring not one damn iota to the table other bluff & bluster & name calling. What are you doing other than gas bagging on an internet forum that has 2 dozen followers? Not a goddam thing.

I offered a suggestion, you've offered nothing.

whot, giving shitheads money not to rape and destroy their natural environments? I personally have no problem with that, guess it's a start...

and at the end of the day, I suggest we take our cocks out of Mother Nature's rear end and show her some GENUINE respect instead of worshipping at the alters of money and convenience. don't say I never proposed anything, and bonus, it's a simple concept.

 

we've fucked up, we need to come good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gissie said:

Simplistic in the extreme, much like you...

 

8 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

Sheesh, Sloop. 

That sounds just like Meli .  ? can you help with her "birth control pills for wolves" plan ?

While 3bait only has rants and flailing,,  you usually represent  better.

 

O/K smart guys, tell the class about an existential problem facing humanity that is NOT caused by too fucking many people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

whot, giving shitheads money not to rape and destroy their natural environments? guess it's a start...

I suggest we take our cocks out of Mother Nature's rear end and show her some GENUINE respect. don't say I never proposed anything.

So, the monkeys are shitheads now?

You've already raped & destroyed your natural environments & you have proposed not a thing other than schoolboy vulgarity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

 

O/K smart guys, tell the class about an existential problem facing humanity that is NOT caused by too fucking many people.

Um. Did you mean "existential". Because..

never mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 00seven said:

Oh, so they are monkeys then? Nice. You've got all the nice things by exploitation of resources but you want to deny those that aspire to those same nice things. You've raped your own country and raped many others as well for your own benefit. You want them to remain third world shit holes because you "know better" now? You want them to stop knocking down their forests and mining? Pay them then. 

Piss off with your lecturing. You're a selfish asshole. 

You actually make a good point. Though I think the carbon trading/offsets thing was suppose to cover that. Something

that conservatives fought tooth, nail and dirty if my memory serves correctly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 3to1 said:

guess I'd be happy to try to brainstorm a little with you about this extremely complex subject, but this isn't being responsible, most would call it a lie. I would, too. 

I don't understand what so many apparently willful ignorants have to lose by simply acknowledging the cold reality in regard to this. what do you call that shit, is it some state of denial (and as importantly, why)? will it burst your bubble, or something?

I gotta' say I suspect you're either playing games with yourself, or you're just simple. but I don't think you're that stupid. morally stupid, maybe? if that's the case, we don't have fuck all to say to each other.

 

So do you really think the world can hit the targets and time frame set by settled science?

If you do, please give some idea of how. Personally I don't think it is feasible with the attitude of many countries, especially China and India. We need to look at how to adapt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

 

O/K smart guys, tell the class about an existential problem facing humanity that is NOT caused by too fucking many people.

Yet nature has produced covid to help out and you moan about the death rate. You should be embrace it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

You actually make a good point. Though I think the carbon trading/offsets thing was suppose to cover that. Something

that conservatives fought tooth, nail and dirty if my memory serves correctly.

Carbon trading was created as an incentive for polluters to reduce their carbon output (part of the Kyoto protocol that has not been re ratified BTW). It has nothing to do with left or right.

If you and your potty mouthed buddy 3:1 really want to do something to help save the rain forests boycott palm oil & its' derivatives.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2021 at 6:05 AM, Gissie said:

How the fuck do you think this can work. The EU is trying to bring in a tariff on imports that come from places where the carbon shit is ignored. The US screamed about how unfair it was.

That would be too easy and interfere with their business model of taking advantage of cheap labor in corrupt third world countries which also happen to be the world’s worst polluters.

Not to mention the massive US military carbon boot print on the face of humanity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

 

O/K smart guys, tell the class about an existential problem facing humanity that is NOT caused by too fucking many people too many people fucking.

FTFY.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 3to1 said:

materialism is basically a fkn' fool's errand. take what you need.

 

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

It's really not hard:

To stop buying shit one really does not need.

So if I only have 12 boats and need a 13th, that's cool, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

sure.

If you need it.

Almost none of us need any boats at all. That's why discussion of what we "need" is funny on a sailing forum. Apart from posting here, I can't think of anything I do that's more frivolous than sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Excoded Tom said:

Almost none of us need any boats at all. That's why discussion of what we "need" is funny on a sailing forum. Apart from posting here, I can't think of anything I do that's more frivolous than sailing.

Needs are subjective.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gissie said:

So do you really think the world can hit the targets and time frame set by settled science?

If you do, please give some idea of how. Personally I don't think it is feasible with the attitude of many countries, especially China and India. We need to look at how to adapt.

you know the answer to that as well as I do. it's safe to say the world can hit ANYTHING it wants to assuming it's will from governmental all the way to the individual level is directed appropriately. but it's the world that created these millions of different types of environmental catastrophes and it depends on the day if I'm a pessimist or an optimist, it's usually the former. what does the world want?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jzk said:

Human CO2 emissions have caused the Earth to gain as much vegetation since 2000 as exists in the entire Amazon rainforest.   

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337847397_Characteristics_drivers_and_feedbacks_of_global_greening

And there are actually clowns out there that think we need to stop emitting CO2.

just here to pollute (the discussion), jerkoff z?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

 

So if I only have 12 boats and need a 13th, that's cool, right?

why not pick one or two that works the best for you and use them? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Excoded Tom said:

Because I need 12 or 13, obviously!

do you have a miniature pirate ship?

Link to post
Share on other sites

the 'environmental' crisis- how do you talk about something that is bigger than language?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you need to keep demonizing the US?

Our actual record on improving is second to none and yet the rest of the world gets a free pass.

Fossil fuel?  Isn't that what most of our plastic bottles are made from?  Unburnt fuel escaping into the atmosphere?  The Pacific Garbage Patch?

Here is how they deal with plastic bottles in most of Souteast Asia.  They get tossed behind the bar until somebody decides to burn them.  Each one of those bottles requires about a quarter of it's volume in oil to produce.1146116432_AVietnamTreashD5C_8427a.thumb.jpg.da8bb1b74ff5589589ae8af7fe6a6f63.jpg

Distribution losses?  How about this for fuel delivery for your scoot.  BTW, most of those bottle are plastic.

764271441_ACambodiaGasStation2Z6A_8021.thumb.jpg.2157ea04f80f1965ef7328c7c9d4bb9b.jpg

If you really want to control something to save the planet, try population

1232142042_PopulationandCO2emissions1750-2015(landscape).thumb.png.b05da46105388d8da2f936a327bef26a.png

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

who's demonizing the us, specifically (though by capita, we produce more fkg garbage than any nation on Earth, fwiw)? population is a big one, and so are millions of other areas that need serious consideration. I might suggest doing a one-eighty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 3to1 said:
6 hours ago, Excoded Tom said:

Because I need 12 or 13, obviously!

do you have a miniature pirate ship?

Now that you mention it, 14.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 3to1 said:

you know the answer to that as well as I do. it's safe to say the world can hit ANYTHING it wants to assuming it's will from governmental all the way to the individual level is directed appropriately. but it's the world that created these millions of different types of environmental catastrophes and it depends on the day if I'm a pessimist or an optimist, it's usually the former. what does the world want?

So you agree the targets will never be met, but why then go on about how we all need to do something. There is nothing we can do apart from prepare as well as we can.

As for all governments working together, more chance of you supporting Trump than that happening. Regarding pessimism and optimism, never saw the advantage of the former. Life deals what it deals, crying in your beer about it never helps.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Gissie said:

So you agree the targets will never be met..

 

WHOOA THERE!! no, I sure as fk don't agree with it and that sure isn't what I said. obviously you're entitled to your opinion, and you've repeated here almost every post you've made.

Link to post
Share on other sites