11 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's not that he said.

yes it is. I just abbreviated it.

4 hours ago, Randro said:

It hurt me to do aircon.  I spent years designing the place and it was supposed to deal with the climate, it did for a while.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 minute of your time:; Nature Is Speaking – Julia Roberts is Mother Nature | Conservation International (CI) - YouTube

When I was a kid in the 60's I collected empty bottles - all glass and heavy. 2 cents for the small ones an d 5 cents for the big ones.. Coca Cola foisted plastic bottles upon us. We did not ask

Posted Images

boycott/move away from all kinds of fkn' things, actually, but palm oil is an excellent start. 

the 'big question'- what do we want? are we up for a change in consciousness?

17 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Never read 'Once and Future King,' did you?

Aside from not having the foggiest clue about military history, you can't do basic math. Who has a bigger army, China + India or every other country in the word combined? Fuck, China tried to beat up on Viet Nam and ran away with tail tucked.

- DSK

Which one. I have read part one of one of them. The one on the American system, not so much. No real interest in the place to be honest.

As for size of army, who cares. The winner is always a combination of most guns/people plus the willingness to use them and suffer loses. China lost because Vietnam had a battle hardened army that was prepared to do what it takes. China wasn't. Much like the US wasn't before them. 

• 1 month later...

When I was a kid in the 60's I collected empty bottles - all glass and heavy. 2 cents for the small ones an d 5 cents for the big ones.. Coca Cola foisted plastic bottles upon us.

We did not ask for plastic bottles.

They found them cheaper. + more profits. Not us THEM. The big corporations are polluting the world because they worship money.  Coca cola MUST and CAN pay to clean their plastic mess.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Major Larf said:

When I was a kid in the 60's I collected empty bottles - all glass and heavy. 2 cents for the small ones an d 5 cents for the big ones.. Coca Cola foisted plastic bottles upon us.

We did not ask for plastic bottles.

They found them cheaper. + more profits. Not us THEM. The big corporations are polluting the world because they worship money.  Coca cola MUST and CAN pay to clean their plastic mess.

Agreed, and It's the States' responsibility too ...

Some states put up solid bottle deposit laws, other states let them slide. https://coloradosun.com/2019/12/09/bottle-deposit-bill-colorado-oregon-recycling/#:~:text=(Kathryn Scott%2C Special to The Colorado Sun) The,of the highest recycling rates in the country.

The 10 states that have bottle bill legislation — California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Oregon, Vermont — have some of the highest recycling rates in the country. But no new “bottle bills” have passed since 2002. 

But some ration is needed here too ... glass bottles were and are heavy and they require a lot of energy to make, plus the impact of broken glass shards inside of animals isn't known nearly as well as plastic, because animals with a shard of broken glass inside of them are apparently less likely to live through the intrusion than -- for instance -- a tortoise with a straw up its nose. The tortoise with a shard of glass in its belly may already died of internal hemorrhage before it could live long enough to be shown on international television.

Plastic may or may not be the enemy, while the industry and the consumer might also bear some responsibility with how we handle and transport plastic waste. If we accept that we will buy water in bottles and not just exclusively out of the tap, that we will buy gin in bottles and not just from our bathtub, that we will buy soft drinks, mayonnaise, and barbecue sauce then we need to have some kind of public oversight to the packaging process. Maybe there is a way to do it with degradable paperboard that isn't coated in plastic, maybe glass works with good recycling, maybe plastic works with deposit rules?

Clearly, the industry hasn't been all that responsible, but then neither have us consumers. We toss these plastic bottles in the recycling bin, thinking that relieves us of our responsibility! And then we're shocked when we find out that our recycled plastic has no value ... well duh, it has no value, we haven't built the value stream! We have decided that plastic is cheap, that it's toxic to gently melt or catalyze in our own backyards, so we don't see the value of keeping the stuff. There is no reason for any of that plastic to end up in the landfill while we pay $95 for a sheet of plywood ... the reality is that a sufficient amount of plastic bags and plastic bottles could be used for reliable and durable building materials. But we accept this narrative that plastic is too cheap to hold value.

Anyway, here is a useful video, teaches how to make bathtub gin ... all these years, I assumed they had distilled it somehow in their bathtub, it seems they just cut cheap alcohol with tap water in their bathtubs ...