So what's happening on the Prosecuting trump for incitement front?

Patience...

It's unlikely to happen until the autumn of 2023.

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

The courts are seemingly going full steam ahead prosecuting participants in the Capitol insurgency.

What's happening about Trump's part in it?

They are waiting for Turnip to break down and confess out of huge guilt.

Also waiting for him to sprout wings and turn into Trumperbell.

El Marionette is right, in the sense that the GQP truly sees Maxine Waters advocating continued resistance against white supremacy as enforced by systemic racism and violent law enforcement as equivalent to Donald Trump claiming without evidence that the national election was stolen from him.

That one was speaking against  an abomination born of the darkest passions of our nation, and the other was a naked grasping for power by a liar and vile man is irrelevant to this withered husk of a political party. The Republicans are content to play word games and claim fake outrage rather than deal with our nation’s actual problems.

Confronting demons takes leadership, courage and a respect for truth. Today’s “conservatives” must instead swear fealty rather than develop policy, deny facts and science rather than deal with issues, and they cannot recognize the courage of black Americans demanding they be treated as equally important.

Just as Trump could do no wrong, Rep Waters can do no right. Our fellow Americans have made their choice. Now they just have to live here as they become the resentful, hateful minority.

• Like 2

Maize? Or harina?

Salsa roja? Or salsa verde?

Abulon? Or langosta?

Bohemia? Or Modelo?

Lenguado? Or Corvina?

Monterey? Or El Distrito?

Playa Cerritos? Or or Punta Coñejo?

Isla Partida? Or Isla Espiritu Santo?

In 'n Out? Or 5 Guys? ....

3 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Maize? Or harina?

Abulon? Or langosta?

Bohemia? Or Modelo?

Lenguado? Or Corvina?

I understand your point, but there is a correct answer for every one of those.  As bad as it may be.  For example, Bohemia is in a brown bottle.  Never drink a Mexican beer from a clear bottle.  I mean, that's not fucking hard to figure out.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

I understand your point, but there is a correct answer for every one of those.  As bad as it may be.  For example, Bohemia is in a brown bottle.  Never drink a Mexican beer from a clear bottle.  I mean, that's not fucking hard to figure out.

^THIS^....is why I've always liked you.....:lol:

Funny. Carib Beer is sold in both clear, and brown bottles depending on which island it's made on. The Clear Trini bottles are the most popular, but the brown Bajan and Grenadian ones are the ones the bars try to get. Considering the time these crates sit on the wharf waiting to be transported, I understand why.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Maize? Or harina?

Abulon? Or langosta?

Bohemia? Or Modelo?

Lenguado? Or Corvina?

Depends. If it's Modelo Negra, I'm in.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, phillysailor said:

El Marionette is right, in the sense that the GQP truly sees Maxine Waters advocating continued resistance against white supremacy as enforced by systemic racism and violent law enforcement as equivalent to Donald Trump claiming without evidence that the national election was stolen from him.

Yes, there is no evidence to support either position.

It will be interesting to see what develops as the charges progress into "terrorism". 

If The Former Guy (or his spawn) were in any way involved, expect that to come out of the first few deals struck.

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

It will be interesting to see what develops as the charges progress into "terrorism". 

If The Former Guy (or his spawn) were in any way involved, expect that to come out of the first few deals struck.

Roger won’t talk. 

21 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Probably not.  But, a few of those Boys might swallow their Pride and provide info.

Some of them are already cutting deals. I really hope Roger is thoroughly rogered.

14 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Some of them are already cutting deals. I really hope Roger is thoroughly rogered.

He’s already demonstrated that jail time won’t get him to talk. Maybe a couple million in taxes will do it but I doubt it. Somebody will pay that for him. He’s been linked to the proud boys, oath keepers and the Trump campaign. The Patriot Party will rally around him. 

Roger Stone hasn't been in jail other than briefly after his arrest. He was pardoned by Shitstain after the election. As with Flynn, that was always going to happen. Stone hasn't demonstrated any toughness.

1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

Roger Stone hasn't been in jail other than briefly after his arrest. He was pardoned by Shitstain after the election. As with Flynn, that was always going to happen.

He was always going to be pardoned too but he did have to sweat it. He might have to wait a few years for another pardon should it be necessary. 

14 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Roger Stone hasn't been in jail other than briefly after his arrest. He was pardoned by Shitstain after the election. As with Flynn, that was always going to happen. Stone hasn't demonstrated any toughness.

Flynn just bought a house over in Englewood.  I hope that he stays in his gated prison, I mean subdivision.

ENGLEWOOD — Boca Royale Golf & Country club has new celebrity residents.

Michael Flynn was the national security advisor to President Donald Trump for a short period of time. 

Flynn and his wife, Lori, bought an upscale home in Englewood on April 9, according to public documents filed at the Sarasota County Clerk of Court.

Court records show the couple paid $3,185 in document taxes for their $545,000 three-bedroom 2,236-square-foot home.

Abulon pounded, breaded and pan fried in butter, Negra Modelo, then bring a bottle of mezcal and let's get busy.

7 minutes ago, Willin' said:

Abulon pounded, breaded and pan fried in butter, Negra Modelo, then bring a bottle of mezcal and let's get busy.

I find that Abalone is best fried in an egg wash breading. Plain bread crumbs don't stick well enough. Served with fresh Chantrell mushrooms, and short fat asparagus in a burnt butter/lemon /white wine sauce. I prefer to pair this meal with a heartier IPA, or a really good Sonoma Valley Red Zin. (Deloach estate 1997 comes  to mind)

33 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I find that Abalone is best fried in an egg wash breading. Plain bread crumbs don't stick well enough. Served with fresh Chantrell mushrooms, and short fat asparagus in a burnt butter/lemon /white wine sauce. I prefer to pair this meal with a heartier IPA, or a really good Sonoma Valley Red Zin. (Deloach estate 1997 comes  to mind)

Actually, I prefer Ritz crackers finely crumbed, but breading sounds more appetizing than crumbing.

4 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

Flynn just bought a house over in Englewood.  I hope that he stays in his gated prison, I mean subdivision.

ENGLEWOOD — Boca Royale Golf & Country club has new celebrity residents.

Michael Flynn was the national security advisor to President Donald Trump for a short period of time. 

Flynn and his wife, Lori, bought an upscale home in Englewood on April 9, according to public documents filed at the Sarasota County Clerk of Court.

Court records show the couple paid $3,185 in document taxes for their $545,000 three-bedroom 2,236-square-foot home.

1/2 a $Mil is "upscale"?

3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Straight out of the Home Despot catalogue, complete with sod webworms, (Or Japanese beetle grubs), and a roof that needs replacing.

SUCH A DEAL!

1 hour ago, Fat Point Jack said:

Lt Generals make about 198,000/year and retirement pay is about $100,000.  

Back out his recent legal fees and he doesn't have much money.

I wouldn't be surprised to find the Faithful are covering that through donations.

11 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I wouldn't be surprised to find the Faithful are covering that through donations.

The marks are covering all of it. It’s just a matter of how effective the con artist was. Javonka ended up with a mansion on Russian mob island. Flynn ended up in a veritable Green Acres by comparison. 

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

If the Faithful pay his legal fees, does he have report that to the IRS as income?

Do the Faithful get to write it off?

Do we get fucked again?

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Always wondered how people that are "unfairly broke ass broke" due to fake news persecution show up to court with an entourage in multiple limos.

I imagine some of the lower ranked Trumpista grifters are down to their last few million by now.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Fiscal Responsibility Express Special: Biden seeks to chisel upwards of $1-trillion per year in unpaid taxes from the Best Americans. Imagine that...the best Americans actually having to pay their unfair share in the game they paid to rig. 

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-seek-80-billion-irs-123312277.html

Da Fuck??

That is NOT what they teach in Fiscal Responsibility School!!

DSK

5 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Fiscal Responsibility Express Special: Biden seeks to chisel upwards of $1-trillion per year in unpaid taxes from the Best Americans. Imagine that...the best Americans actually having to pay their unfair share in the game they paid to rig. 

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-seek-80-billion-irs-123312277.html

Obtaining revenue to pay for stuff does not sound very Conservatively Fiscally Responsible to me.

I just heard that the Justice Department served two search warrants on Rudi. One each for his office and apartment.

Bad news - the FBI apparently is refusing to help prosecute insurrectionists unless they were at the scene on Jan 6th. 

Even those who were clearly a part of the conspiracy - like the Ohio Reichista GOPPERS who paid for buses to take those dummies to DC. 

And who have yet to speak out against it. 

Back in the day, they sure did not treat those old Wise Guys and Commies like that !! 

And in fact, US anti-terror law explicitly includes as part of the crime providing "material aid" to the perps. 

17 minutes ago, Remodel said:

I just heard that the Justice Department served two search warrants on Rudi. One each for his office and apartment.

So THAT's where Hunter's laptop was. 

I'm with Meli on this one..... why are active investigations not being opened, and subpoenas and warrants not being issued to the orange shitbag directly?  The floodgates should have opened on this shit the moment he set foot off of AF1 at Mara-fago.  

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

I'm with Meli on this one..... why are active investigations not being opened, and subpoenas and warrants not being issued to the orange shitbag directly?  The floodgates should have opened on this shit the moment he set foot off of AF1 at Mara-fago.  

Boy, I really hate it when we agree. 

But see my post just above - There are a whole lot of conspirators who are apparently going to skate. 

Here in Ohio, we have a GOPPER Oligrachista (Timken family huge $'s) running for the US Senate - Portman's seat.

She paid for busses for the fascist attack on Jan 6th 

She has not apologized in the slightest. 

4 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Aren’t you really asking “why aren’t we hearing about it?”

The answer could range from “it’s not happening” to “because we are not enduring a reality tv presidency anymore.”

• Like 1
5 hours ago, 00seven said:
10 hours ago, Burning Man said:

I'm with Meli on this one.....   

I can't imagine a worse place to be.

You lack imagination.

Imagine being with JerKZ or VWAP or Vermin or Crisco or...

12 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Patience. I do believe they will go where the evidence takes them, and will prosecute when they believe they have a case. I don't think the public statements from Trump would get them there, instead they will need to work their way up the food chain. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, LenP said:

Patience. I do believe they will go where the evidence takes them, and will prosecute when they believe they have a case. I don't think the public statements from Trump would get them there, instead they will need to work their way up the food chain. 

My hunch is he was involved in the planning.  He is too much of a megalomaniac to allow others to plot such a thing and not be involved.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

You lack imagination.

Imagine being with JerKZ or VWAP or Vermin or Crisco or...

oo7 is a returd who generally lines up with those above.

On 4/28/2021 at 6:37 AM, Navig8tor said:

The former guy's $750.00 do we need more? Tax free PAC?

Huh?

My question is if someone pays your legal bills, does the IRS consider it a gift and if it does, does he have to pay income tax?

12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

My hunch is he was involved in the planning.  He is too much of a megalomaniac to allow others to plot such a thing and not be involved.

It certainly looks like things got very close to him with that meeting at his hotel the day before. That is why I think patience is in order. If they can make a case against anyone, including Trump, I expect they will. 

17 minutes ago, LenP said:

It certainly looks like things got very close to him with that meeting at his hotel the day before. That is why I think patience is in order. If they can make a case against anyone, including Trump, I expect they will. 

There are at least 800 witnesses or more....  It's going to take a while to comb through all of those, charge the ones who may have broken the law, lean on them for testimony and find out what really happened. Expecting prosecutions Right Now is a bit like wanting to cut off the vote count on election evening and declare victory when the mail in/absentee vote was massive due to a pandemic. 

Leave them to their work.  They appear to be doing it, though it is not subject matter that lends itself to instant gratification. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Ishmael said:

oo7 is a returd who generally lines up with those above.

And your a bitter old bastard that thinks it's fun to be nasty on the internet.

1 hour ago, 00seven said:

A dollar short and a day late, again

Whoops, seems I've gotten a bit rusty over the years......:lol:

I hope they press the shit out of gh0uliani and he sings like a bird, that would be funny.

7 hours ago, 00seven said:

And your a bitter old bastard that thinks it's fun to be nasty on the internet.

But he knows his spelling & grammar.

I think the Giuliani raid means that Garland + friends are being careful as was Mueller before him. Unlike with Mueller where you knew stone cold that the Republicans would never convict Shitstain (and similarly that Shitstain was always going to pardon Flynn), I feel pretty good about either Shitstain pulling a Ken Lay or Shitstain getting used to a really small government hotel room.

49 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Judge orders release of DOJ memo justifying not prosecuting Trump

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/04/trump-obstruction-justice-doj-485360

The Order:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.207679/gov.uscourts.dcd.207679.27.0_1.pdf

Edit: Bullshitters fare poorly in court, especially when they work for the DOJ. 

And of even greater importance to this decision, the affidavits are so inconsistent with evidence in the record, they are not worthy of credence. The review of the unredacted document in camera reveals that the suspicions voiced by the judge in EPIC and the plaintiff here were well-founded, and that not only was the Attorney General being disingenuous then, but DOJ has been disingenuous to this Court with respect to the existence of a decision-making process that should be shielded by the deliberative process privilege. The agency’s redactions and incomplete explanations obfuscate the true purpose of the memorandum, and the excised portions belie the notion that it fell to the Attorney General to make a prosecution decision or that any such decision was on the table at any time.

A close review of the communications reveals that the March 24 letter to Congress describing the Special Counsel’s report, which assesses the strength of an obstruction-of-justice case, and the “predecisional” March 24 memorandum advising the Attorney General that the evidence does not support a prosecution, are being written by the very same people at the very same time. The emails show not only that the authors and the recipients of the memorandum are working hand in hand to craft the advice that is supposedly being delivered by OLC, but that the letter to Congress is the priority, and it is getting completed first. At 2:16 pm on Sunday, March 24, the Attorney General’s Chief of Staff advises the others: “We need to go final at 2:25 pm,” and Rod Rosenstein, the Deputy Attorney General, summons everyone to a meeting at 2:17 pm. Attachment 1 at 4. At 2:18 pm, Steven Engel in the OLC replies to this email chain related to the draft letter, and he attaches the latest version of the memo to the Attorney General, saying: “here’s the latest memo, btw, although we presumably don’t need to finalize that as soon.” Id.; see also id. at 6 (finalizing the letter just before 5:00 pm on March 24 and the memorandum just before 9:00 am on March 25). In sum, the set of emails contained in plaintiff’s Exhibit A undermines the uninformed assertions in the declarations upon which the defense relies.