One of my closest friends told me yesterday he was diagnosed with ALS. Gutted to say the least. I’ll stick with him till the end and support his family as they go through this ordeal but it has also made me sad about the things I haven’t done or hope to do. Life’s too short and for some shorter....I’m having a hard time facing getting older and what comes along with that...

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, dacapo said:

One of my closest friends told me yesterday he was diagnosed with ALS. Gutted to say the least. I’ll stick with him till the end and support his family as they go through this ordeal but it has also made me sad about the things I haven’t done or hope to do. Life’s too short and for some shorter....I’m having a hard time facing getting older and what comes along with that...

Oh, man.  That's brutal.  A girlfriend's Dad died of ALS.  So devastating.  My sympathy for your friend, his family, and you.

I'm sure your friend has had a second opinion, but, ask if they've tested for Lyme disease. I was diagnosed with MS., then ALS., then Tunapuna disease (not kidding), then Leishmaniasis. before they finally determined what I thought it was all along..... Lyme disease.

The North East is Lyme disease central.

Lyme disease hides, and manifests it's self in many forms. It attacks the weakest parts of your body, then moves on to another. It is a serious neurological disease, as well as a rheumatic disease. It's given me the symptoms of hepatitis, MS, ALS, encephalitis, among a bunch of others.

It sux no matter what it is, and I wish your friend the best.

I watched Nick Scandone wither away while Para Sailing. Another guy from Mission bay passed from ALS too.

Stick with him and don't treat like a little prissy. We all just want to be treated normally, unless we ask for help.

ALS is an absolutely horrific disease.   Like being buried alive, so I am told.   There is no treatment; no cure. 

Stay strong for your friend and his family.  They will need all the support they can get.  

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Stay strong for your friend and his family.  They will need all the support they can get.  

Beste thinge you cane do........... fpoire them an youselfe.............                      

23 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

I watched Nick Scandone wither away while Para Sailing. Another guy from Mission bay passed from ALS too.

Stick with him and don't treat like a little prissy. We all just want to be treated normally, unless we ask for help.

22 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Shoude we?  ED sayes youre notte 'normalle'.                               :)

Thanks for the reminder.    :blink:

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

Juste tryning haive some fun DT!                             :)

Yea, I know but it seems Scot is the one who is being bitter now.

• 2 weeks later...

That is tough to have to face. I’m glad they have found support in the community. No nice nice words to describe what they are going to face as a family. The tough part is when friends no longer reach out due to fear or ignorance, so stay the course with him and you will be remembered well.

On 4/28/2021 at 3:12 PM, Meat Wad said:

Yea, I know but it seems Scot is the one who is being bitter now.

If you're having more fun than him, that means you're winning

- DSK

On 4/25/2021 at 6:58 PM, dacapo said:

This is one of those "GOD, NO!" moments. It is a horrific disease. Supporting and helping your friend, especially if you can make him laugh once in a while; but also remember his family and other friends will need support too. Please, be strong for all of them, it's worth doing

- DSK