E.U. Set to Let Vaccinated U.S. Tourists Visit This Summer

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/25/world/europe/american-travel-to-europe.html

BRUSSELS — American tourists who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will be able to visit the European Union over the summer, the head of the bloc’s executive body said in an interview with The New York Times on Sunday, more than a year after shutting down nonessential travel from most countries to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

9 hours ago, Wess said:

For gosh sakes just get a fake one; its not hard.

Do you cheat on your taxes as well? On your spouse? Do you suggest driving with a fake license if you aren't eligible for a real one?  Where exactly do you draw the line?

Why don't you just get vaccinated, instead of trying to beat the system? What are you afraid of? Tony Fauci and Bill Gates trying to steal your precious bodily fluids?

Getting vaccinated, and having proof of it, brings some freedom to travel. It's easy enough to get a "vaccine passport": just get vaccinated, and carry the little card with you.

• Like 1

Because its the government. And of course you cheat the government.  Good God man do you drive the speed limit too?  Government patsies are such sissies.

Cheat on your taxes?  Of course!!

• Like 1

Wait for the plague to finish its work first. Nothing in Europe worthy of visiting will change much in year to two, and the economic stress will make the dollar stronger

47 minutes ago, The Main Man said:

Or you could just fuck off and stay home?

Why would I stay home?  That is what scared sissies do.  Neither my travel or cruising plans changed at all since COVID.  Nor will they going forward.  Think between the boat and car wife and I got to 25 states last year (all post March).  Was fun with so many hiding in their basements.

Typhoid Mary. You either don't know or don't care.  Asshole. Just reminded of a local guy selling a boat stating you don't need to wear a mask around me, I have had it twice.

21 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Hard to decide which has the lesser comprehension ability, race to the bottom. Kateshitfurbrains was way out in the lead, but now.....

You can't have been following the rules if you got Covid twice or did you make that up?

18 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

You can't have been following the rules if you got Covid twice or did you make that up?

At the risk of admitting I looked at your post I didn't say that. You are as dim as Wess.  I suppose for you clowns I should make sure there are "  "  and use crayons.  Reading your shit is just hazardous to mental health.

Just reminded of a local guy selling a boat stating you don't need to wear a mask around me, I have had it twice.

Which part of that is so hard to comprehend?

4 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

At the risk of admitting I looked at your post I didn't say that. You are as dim as Wess.  I suppose for you clowns I should make sure there are "  "  and use crayons.  Reading your shit is just hazardous to mental health.

Just reminded of a local guy selling a boat stating you don't need to wear a mask around me, I have had it twice.

Which part of that is so hard to comprehend?

Fair enough.  But you sure as hell read a lot of posts that you don't admit reading.  Doesn't the ignore function work for you?

Do you ever go outside? I live in Texas. There never was a lockdown, I got my 2nd moderna on Feb 4 which was 3 weeks before looking at the boat. It was outdoors, I wore a mask.  Are you really this ignorant or do you just like to argue? - that's rhetorical since we know you will and do argue about anything.  I have and will continue to follow the recommendations of the leading experts like Dr. Fauci and Dr. Hotze because you know, they are experts with decades of experience in the field. You should try it.  Aren't you the clown who kept stating masks don't do anything? The flu almost disappeared this year in the US and turns out in most of the world. The only difference is wearing masks and social distancing. I realize that is really hard to understand for someone of your superior knowledge and intellect (sarcasm in case it's not clear).  And so am taking the ignore challenge and not peeking again, the only thing it teaches me is what a waste of time it is - and for the record most of what you post that I read is because posters keep quoting you.

buh bye.

• Like 1

Yuck vacationing where people are still dying and waiting to get vaccinated is not my idea of fun. We'll always have Paris. 

Plus hanging around with fellow Amurricans bragging covid didn't crimp their style...so declass e (have to leave space or it corrects to declassified lol how tacky)

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Didn't Florida never have a mandatory mask mandate?  Aren't their Covid-19 metrics similar to Texas?

I live in Florida. Florida did not have a state-wide mask mandate, but there were plenty of local ones, including where I live. Now we have a state-wide prohibition on imposing penalties by local governments for violations of locally-imposed mask mandates, but a lot of stores and other business require masks, which is permitted by state law, just like you can mandate shirts and shoes inside a business.

At least in the few business I go into--Home Depot, Lowes, Harbor Freight, the supermarket, the liquor store, and West Marine--the overwhelming percentage of customers--over 90%, I would estimate--wear masks.

Other parts of Florida, particularly parts of south Florida, have pretty much gone Wild West, and it is reflected in their case numbers relative to some other parts of the state.

Fortunately, Florida is a year-round outdoor state, so transmission opportunities may be proportionally less compared to other parts of the country where indoor life is the norm for much of the year.

State-to-state comparisons are fraught, as they rarely reflect apples-to-apples comparisons in terms of demographics, population concentrations, and lifestyles.

1 hour ago, accnick said:

State-to-state comparisons are fraught, as they rarely reflect apples-to-apples comparisons in terms of demographics, population concentrations, and lifestyles.

Yep shame most on here don't realise that.  Although you will find your observations are sample biased.  But speaking of apples - why has New York done so badly?  People in New York don't follow the rules?

The double mutant (B.1.617) has been identified in multiple locations in the USA already. We should have slammed the doors shut on travel from India immediately, but the doors are open until the 4th and after that US citizens and permanent residents can still return. So the USA will be exporting vaccine-resistant double mutants to the rest of the world alongside India this summer.

It is somewhat counterintuitive, but vaccinated people should not be hanging out with potentially infected people without masks. While the vaccines will protect you from COVID, exposure to infected people creates opportunities for new mutants to try to infect you. The odds of successfully evading the vaccine are low, but it only needs to happen once.

Yes. People most eager not to wear masks probably are ones most eager to swarm, superspread, and not get vaccinated. I expect to wear masks in places like airports for years to keep their cooties away. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

I expect to wear masks in places like airports for years to keep their cooties away. 

Until the old science is dusted off and the new science both prove they are a waste of time unless you are avoiding inhaling smog particles.

5 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Until the old science is dusted off and the new science both prove they are a waste of time unless you are avoiding inhaling smog particles.

N95s work well for that. Still working off my stash. Frankly, after not having mooshed into proximity with people on jammed subway cars or airport boarding lines or plane aisles, I regard proximity to other people with distaste.  No more sitting in my plane seat while fat fucks lugging pillows and their boogernosed kids breathe on me as they trundle their oversized carryon to the back. Well they can breathe on me but I like my mask. 

33 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

N95s work well for that. Still working off my stash. Frankly, after not having mooshed into proximity with people on jammed subway cars or airport boarding lines or plane aisles, I regard proximity to other people with distaste.  No more sitting in my plane seat while fat fucks lugging pillows and their boogernosed kids breathe on me as they trundle their oversized carryon to the back. Well they can breathe on me but I like my mask. 

Hmm... I think I was on that same flight.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

No more sitting in my plane seat while fat fucks lugging pillows and their boogernosed kids breathe on me as they trundle their oversized carryon to the back. Well they can breathe on me but I like my mask. 

Or men doing the manspreading thing.

Arseholes.

4 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Well good luck with that. Latest word here is due to 30% of the country being vaccine refuses we will never get herd immunity and it will be constant here

That premise is false.  

The article is so full of inaccuracies that I suggest you terminate your subscription to MSN (Microsoft News).

24 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

That premise is false.  

The article is so full of inaccuracies that I suggest you terminate your subscription to MSN (Microsoft News).

What's with your obsession with Microsoft? Is it Bill Gates? Larry, is that you, lol? 

4 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

What's with your obsession with Microsoft? Is it Bill Gates? Larry, is that you, lol? 

Don't have any obsession but you are the one posting the links from MSN.

5 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

1 hour ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Doesn't worry me what link you use.  Still a crap article.

Sounds like you get everything from Newsmax, OAN, and RT.

36 minutes ago, accnick said:

Sounds like you get everything from Newsmax, OAN, and RT.

Nope as I've said many times I always research back to the source of any quotes in mainstream media.

After a while you build a repository of knowledge that enables the quick recognition of crap.

For example the 70% vaccination to achieve herd immunity doesn't account for prior infections and is also based on older R0 figures.

When accounting for prior infections the USA must already be close to herd immunity hence the decline in infections and deaths.

Although positive PCR tests are now overstating the number of new infections as false positives will be proportionately increasing as true infections decline.

5 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

For example the 70% vaccination to achieve herd immunity doesn't account for prior infections and is also based on older R0 figures.

That is true.

But we also don't know how long prior infection immunity might last, any more than we know how long immunity based on vaccination will last.

In the absence of universal antibody testing, we also have no idea of how many people might have some form of prior infection immunity to begin with. In the absence of that knowledge, universal or near-universal vaccination, now that we have vaccine available, is a rational course of action.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, accnick said:

That is true.

But we also don't know how long prior infection immunity might last, any more than we know how long immunity based on vaccination will last.

In the absence of universal antibody testing, we also have no idea of how many people might have some form of prior infection immunity to begin with. In the absence of that knowledge, universal or near-universal vaccination, now that we have vaccine available, is a rational course of action.

So you don't believe the figure of 33 million confirmed cases in the USA and that actual cases are a factor of 5x that or more?

Unless Covid-19 is actually a lab accident then it is likely that it will have the same lasting immunity as SARS-COV-1.  Research indicates for SARS and MERS it has lasted 17 years.  

So you don't believe the figure of 33 million confirmed cases in the USA and that actual cases are a factor of 5x that or more?

Unless Covid-19 is actually a lab accident then it is likely that it will have the same lasting immunity as SARS-COV-1.  Research indicates for SARS and MERS it has lasted 17 years.  

"Likely" is not a suitable level of certainty for my taste on a major issue of public health.

We don't know what percentage of the potentially-infected individuals in that larger universe  are asymptomatic individuals who have already been vaccinated. Without universal antibody testing, we have no way of knowing where we might stand with herd immunity, so you assume the worst case (or something close to it) and continue to push vaccination. We also don't know the impact of variants on longer-term immunity from previous infection.

There seem to be two rational parallel paths here: near-universal vaccination, and near-universal antibody testing. These are not mutually exclusive.

We are not going to get to something approaching normality without broad confidence in our approach to this. It is a public health issue, not just an issue of individual health.

You may be perfectly happy to go unvaccinated, untested, and unmasked, but others like me don't want to be anywhere near you, since I don't know your status.

We are looking forward to seeing our vaccinated friends and family this summer it has been a long 15 months since I arrived back in the US from Australia in early March of 2020. Fortunately, almost all our friends and family have been fully vaccinated. We have a lot of docs in my family, and they have all pushed for vaccination. My wife and I were happy to step up when it was our turn.

I would merely ask that others do the same.

I remind people who are resistant to both vaccination and masking as a matter of political posturing that Trump not only got covid, and survived thanks to intervention and treatment not widely available to the public, but also got vaccinated afterwards.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, accnick said:

We are not going to get to something approaching normality without broad confidence in our approach to this. It is a public health issue, not just an issue of individual health.

Well move to Florida or Texas.  Or any other States that have lifted restrictions.

18 minutes ago, accnick said:

We are looking forward to seeing our vaccinated friends and family this summer it has been a long 15 months since I arrived back in the US from Australia in early March of 2020. Fortunately, almost all our friends and family have been fully vaccinated. We have a lot of docs in my family, and they have all pushed for vaccination. My wife and I were happy to step up when it was our turn.

Why does it matter if your friends have been vaccinated or not?  If you are vaccinated because you believe that it is the best thing for you then any friends not being vaccinated or who have already had the virus shouldn't matter.

He'll next year there could be MERS-2 and we go through the same drama all over again. 

21 minutes ago, accnick said:

remind people who are resistant to both vaccination and masking as a matter of political posturing that Trump not only got covid, and survived thanks to intervention and treatment not widely available to the public, but also got vaccinated afterwards

Supposedly.

He also took a whole lot of anti-viral drugs including hydroxywhatever.

His choice to double up if he wishes.  Especially given his age and obesity.

Well move to Florida or Texas.  Or any other States that have lifted restrictions.

I already live in Florida.

Contrary to the common misconception, about 90% of the people in the places I shop in Florida wear masks, despite the governor prohibiting municipalities from requiring them. Most  businesses here still require masks, and compliance is pretty good.

It is also a heavily Republican town, which Trump won about 60% to 40%. It seems a lot of people here are smarter--and more cautious-- than the politicians they vote for.

2 hours ago, accnick said:

Contrary to the common misconception, about 90% of the people in the places I shop in Florida wear masks, despite the governor prohibiting municipalities from requiring them. Most  businesses here still require masks, and compliance is pretty good.

Purely observational on your part and no real data.

Pointless anyway according to the research.

I haven't seen one decent study saying masks make a difference.  Many though that say they don't.

59 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

I haven't seen one decent study saying masks make a difference.  Many though that say they don't.

around and around and around...wheeeeeee!

How many socks does it take to change a light bulb?

Doesn't matter. No sock ever has done anything productive or contributed anything of value, ever.

They are created to waste your time and that is all anyone can ever expect from them.

Wankers.

7 hours ago, Grog said:

How many socks does it take to change a light bulb?

Doesn't matter. No sock ever has done anything productive or contributed anything of value, ever.

They are created to waste your time and that is all anyone can ever expect from them.

Wankers.

One is good to have at hand if the bulb is hot.

Another sociopath at work. This is what can happen when you take the path recommended by someone here of buying fake vaccination credentials if you don't want to get vaccinated. Let's make that a felony, if it isn't already, just like a fake passport or a fake driver's license.

He faked a coronavirus certificate to fly to Argentina, officials say. He was infected all along. (yahoo.com)

• Like 1
On 4/26/2021 at 2:38 PM, Black Jack said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/25/world/europe/american-travel-to-europe.html

BRUSSELS — American tourists who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will be able to visit the European Union over the summer, the head of the bloc’s executive body said in an interview with The New York Times on Sunday, more than a year after shutting down nonessential travel from most countries to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

We shall see

to prepare , it would be wise for the US to issue vaccine passports for international travel 

the present scrap of CDC paper can be easily photocopied ....it gives no confidence to other countries 

countries will only welcome foreigners if they know that the foreigner has complied with best practice 

idealy the vaccine pasport would be something like a Visa card with a programmable chip 

with each border crossing , health checkin , vaccine booster or covid  test recorded on the card chip 

I'd suggest all the fake vaccination holders celebrate successfully gaming the system by travelling to more exotic places this year, like Turkey, or Saudi Arabia.