Jump to content

Dems Got a Speech Impediment: Faculty Lounge Language. Listen to Jimmy C. if you wanna survive 2020


Recommended Posts

No.  No THAT Jimmy C.  Nope.  Not James Carter.  James Carville. You remember that smooth talking hickabilly who got us two terms of Bill C in the Big House.  Carville is the D version of Karl Rove: smartest person in the room (any room) and happy to prove it with election results.

Jimmy states simply the Dems got use plainfolks language, not "woke spoke" bullshit that sounds like AOC tweeted it to her Yaya Sisterhood friends.  Plain old people's English.  So, instead of Latinx living in barrios and African-Americans living in ghettos, just call it what it is folk: Mexicans and Blacks living in the (neighbor)hood.

https://www.vox.com/22338417/james-carville-democratic-party-biden-100-days

Link to post
Share on other sites

Both Gavin Newsome & Gil Garcetti take 1st & 2nd place in the mumbo-jumboing division. Both of them are absolutely unlistenable to and make up the most amazingly insane phrases and words...it's like they're from a different planet.......:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Senator Seditious Maximus said:

No.  No THAT Jimmy C.  Nope.  Not James Carter.  James Carville. You remember that smooth talking hickabilly who got us two terms of Bill C in the Big House.  Carville is the D version of Karl Rove: smartest person in the room (any room) and happy to prove it with election results.

Jimmy states simply the Dems got use plainfolks language, not "woke spoke" bullshit that sounds like AOC tweeted it to her Yaya Sisterhood friends.  Plain old people's English.  So, instead of Latinx living in barrios and African-Americans living in ghettos, just call it what it is folk: Mexicans and Blacks living in the (neighbor)hood.

https://www.vox.com/22338417/james-carville-democratic-party-biden-100-days

So, we have to stoop so low to meet this standard? No thanks.

Now take someone like Marjorie Taylor Greene, the new Republican congresswoman from Georgia. She’s absolutely loonier than a tune. We all know it. And yet, for some reason, the Democrats pay a bigger political price for AOC than Republicans pay for Greene. That’s the problem in a nutshell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

So, we have to stoop so low to meet this standard? No thanks.

Now take someone like Marjorie Taylor Greene, the new Republican congresswoman from Georgia. She’s absolutely loonier than a tune. We all know it. And yet, for some reason, the Democrats pay a bigger political price for AOC than Republicans pay for Greene. That’s the problem in a nutshell. 

Nope, that's NOT what Carville said.  Let me unconfuse you:  James simply says you need to talk in down-to-earth language so you don't appear to be a boot-licking Nancy Pelosi tree-hugger sipping a muy grande latte while talking down to your fellow Democrats from places like Flo-ri-da, Georgia or Tennessee.  What Carville recommends is sound more like Gomer Pyle when you reply to Sargent, not AOC.  Pretty simple request.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Senator Seditious Maximus said:

Nope, that's NOT what Carville said.  Let me unconfuse you:  James simply says you need to talk in down-to-earth language so you don't appear to be a boot-licking Nancy Pelosi tree-hugger sipping a muy grande latte while talking down to your fellow Democrats from places like Flo-ri-da, Georgia or Tennessee.  What Carville recommends is sound more like Gomer Pyle when you reply to Sargent, not AOC.  Pretty simple request.

That quote was taken verbatim from the article, it is exactly what Carville said. I disagree with Carville because I don't believe our politicians should be reduced to moron status to secure votes. These people want jobs, and they want help, they don't need an idiot for a Congressman, they need someone who will listen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Senator Seditious Maximus said:

Nope, that's NOT what Carville said.  Let me unconfuse you:  James simply says you need to talk in down-to-earth language so you don't appear to be a boot-licking Nancy Pelosi tree-hugger sipping a muy grande latte while talking down to your fellow Democrats from places like Flo-ri-da, Georgia or Tennessee.  What Carville recommends is sound more like Gomer Pyle when you reply to Sargent, not AOC.  Pretty simple request.

Why would any edjumacated person want to sound like a 5th grade drop out if they weren't one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

That quote was taken verbatim from the article, it is exactly what Carville said. I disagree with Carville because I don't believe our politicians should be reduced to moron status to secure votes. These people want jobs, and they want help, they don't need an idiot for a Congressman, they need someone who will listen.

Correct and agree 100%.  But when you hear an interview on CNN and NPR or FOX that's chalk full of politically correct terminology it's just NOT gonna sell to those 27% of rural white voters we need to push the Donkey's ass over the Wall in 2022.  James description and my embellishment are simply to jar Dem voters into realizing how truly small a majority we enjoy and will most likely LOSE in 2022.  The party in power never does well in midterms.  Stop the bleed.  That's all we're saying.  You really want to see a repeat of Nazi storm trooper (aka Republicans) storming the Capitol again?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Senator Seditious Maximus said:

Correct and agree 100%.  But when you hear an interview on CNN and NPR or FOX that's chalk full of politically correct terminology it's just NOT gonna sell to those 27% of rural white voters we need to push the Donkey's ass over the Wall in 2022.  James description and my embellishment are simply to jar Dem voters into realizing how truly small a majority we enjoy and will most likely LOSE in 2022.  The party in power never does well in midterms.  Stop the bleed.  That's all we're saying.  You really want to see a repeat of Nazi storm trooper (aka Republicans) storming the Capitol again?

I see your point, the reason Hillary Clinton lost was because rural voters became disillusioned by the concept of limousine liberals, and the obvious way she ignored the problems of her base. If Biden is effective delivering results for the base, this should not be a problem in the next election. It isn't how you talk, it is what you do that counts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I see your point, the reason Hillary Clinton lost was because rural voters became disillusioned by the concept of limousine liberals, and the obvious way she ignored the problems of her base. If Biden is effective delivering results for the base, this should not be a problem in the next election. It isn't how you talk, it is what you do that counts.

That's literally the funniest fuking thing you've ever written here.....:lol:...:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hillary is an elitist, racist, self-serving cunt....of epic proportions. Completely unlikeable, totally out of touch with Americans. Those are reasons enough for to lose....but then when you add in her insulting half the country with her Deplorable comment? Well..... that's why she's living alone in a forrest and has been pretty much forgotten. History will NOT be kind to that bigoted bitch......:lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Hillary is an elitist, racist, self-serving cunt....of epic proportions. Completely unlikeable, totally out of touch with Americans. Those are reasons enough for to lose....but then when you add in her insulting half the country with her Deplorable comment? Well..... that's why she's living alone in a forrest and has been pretty much forgotten. History will NOT be kind to that bigoted bitch......:lol:

Ahem, Hillary Clinton accurately called a spade a spade in 2016. Did it hurt your feewings?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your boy Shitstain isn’t an elitist racist self serving cunt of epic proportions?

Your boy was born rich. Hillary was born middle class. Your boy was a birther, was sued by the DOJ for housing discrimination, …. Hillary? And being a cunt of epic proportions is your boy’s reason for being. Multiple bankruptcies, hundreds of fraud suits, a philanderer and a sex harasser, assault and good friend of Jeffrey Epstein.

And your boy lied about his ‘business’ relationship with Putin.

I liked Hillary. She was smart and she worked hard, two things no one would ever say about Shitstain.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Senator Seditious Maximus said:

Correct and agree 100%.  But when you hear an interview on CNN and NPR or FOX that's chalk full of politically correct terminology it's just NOT gonna sell to those 27% of rural white voters we need to push the Donkey's ass over the Wall in 2022.  James description and my embellishment are simply to jar Dem voters into realizing how truly small a majority we enjoy and will most likely LOSE in 2022.  The party in power never does well in midterms.  Stop the bleed.  That's all we're saying.  You really want to see a repeat of Nazi storm trooper (aka Republicans) storming the Capitol again?

That'd be "Chock full", and that'd be "James's ". (Apparently. I looked it up just to be certain, because even after 60 years, that possessive with and S has always been a question in my pathetic little mind).

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

That'd be "Chock full", and that'd be "James's ". (Apparently. I looked it up just to be certain, because even after 60 years, that possessive with and S has always been a question in my pathetic little mind).

Sorry buddy, but shouldn't it be James' as the possessive?  My name is James so I do have a vested interest.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Sorry buddy, but shouldn't it be James' as the possessive?  My name is James so I do have a vested interest.  

That's what I thought, but apparently  not.

"The general rule is that the possessive of a singular noun is formed by adding an apostrophe and s, whether the singular noun ends in s or not. The possessive of a plural noun is formed by adding only an apostrophe when the noun ends in s, and by adding both an apostrophe and s when it ends in a letter other than s."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

That's what I thought, but apparently  not.

"The general rule is that the possessive of a singular noun is formed by adding an apostrophe and s, whether the singular noun ends in s or not. The possessive of a plural noun is formed by adding only an apostrophe when the noun ends in s, and by adding both an apostrophe and s when it ends in a letter other than s."

I hate this shit, give me an equation to solve!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.thepunctuationguide.com/apostrophe.html

I only do math in my head. Paper makes me forget what those squiggly things that represent numbers do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Hillary is an elitist, racist, self-serving cunt....of epic proportions. Completely unlikeable, totally out of touch with Americans. Those are reasons enough for to lose....but then when you add in her insulting half the country with her Deplorable comment? Well..... that's why she's living alone in a forrest and has been pretty much forgotten. History will NOT be kind to that bigoted bitch......:lol:

There ya go again. 

Once more with the ignorant Reichista smears . . . 

You are totally unable to explain why you agree/disagree with her policy proposals. 

You don't even know what they are. 

You are really, really immature. 

You don't achieve jr. high level cognition. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Now take someone like Marjorie Taylor Greene, the new Republican congresswoman from Georgia. She’s absolutely loonier than a tune. We all know it. And yet, for some reason, the Democrats pay a bigger political price for AOC than Republicans pay for Greene. That’s the problem in a nutshell. 

I'm sure you know that is Bull-Pucky 

MTG had an upper middle class background in tony Alpharetta. 

AOC was a bartender with humble beginnings. 

Why is she an elitist and not MTG ??

The difference between the two is that AOC is the target of relentless Reich Wing deliberately targeted smears - much as HRC was. 

It is designed to bend the minds of weak intellects - you can totally see that at work in @El Mariachi

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Hillary is an elitist, racist, self-serving cunt....of epic proportions. Completely unlikeable, totally out of touch with Americans. Those are reasons enough for to lose....but then when you add in her insulting half the country with her Deplorable comment? Well..... that's why she's living alone in a forrest and has been pretty much forgotten. History will NOT be kind to that bigoted bitch......:lol:

Make sure you let us know when you are heading to LA so we can line up a proper cavity search at the border.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

I'm sure you know that is Bull-Pucky 

MTG had an upper middle class background in tony Alpharetta. 

AOC was a bartender with humble beginnings. 

Why is she an elitist and not MTG ??

The difference between the two is that AOC is the target of relentless Reich Wing deliberately targeted smears - much as HRC was. 

It is designed to bend the minds of weak intellects - you can totally see that at work in @El Mariachi

Why is she an elitist and not MTG ?? Messaging. Republicans are spot on with messaging. Biden wants to end hamburgers, teaching race respect in schools is teaching white kids to hate themselves, defund the police means white people will have to fend for themselves, transgendered teens means your daughters have to vie for a bathroom, and compete with boys on team sports. the list goes on and Republicans are good at it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

And what is wrong with  Faculty Lounge Language.

anyway ?

Everything, oh Papered One. Seriously, you really live in an alternate universe if you can't figure that article out. Methinks you really need to take a one year/30 state road trip and see how Real America is....not just from the comfort of your Faculty Barcolounger.

Oh yeah, when go.....kill the brown couderoy jacket with the leather elbow patches, B-Brothers shirts and your Oxford shoes.....leave those fuking things at home....you frickin' Academia nut.....:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

Everything, oh Papered One. Seriously, you really live in an alternate universe if you can't figure that article out.

You want everybody to talk like you write ?  Yeah, that will totally win friends and influence. 

And how do you know what goes on in the faculty lounge ?? (High schools have them too, FYI) 

The lounge (at small colleges anyway) is a great place for folks from different disciplines to learn from each other. 

Good memories  . .   

image.jpeg.89ed0fc8748c00e80cb60b8c3e430b15.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, badlatitude said:

That quote was taken verbatim from the article, it is exactly what Carville said. I disagree with Carville because I don't believe our politicians should be reduced to moron status to secure votes. These people want jobs, and they want help, they don't need an idiot for a Congressman, they need someone who will listen.

Whatever it takes to win.
Seriously, there is a whole vast country of people who need help, need solutions, need things that work for them. They really don't give a flying fuck about trannies in the bathroom, scouring classic novels for trigger words, mis-gendering some reality TV star with velcro quick-change body parts, the travails of mixed race Latina identifying lesbians trying to get tenure at Ivy League schools, and the 1001 other things that are REALLY IMPORTANT to woke people in urban areas sipping $15 coffee drinks.

Sure some of them - well maybe more than some - are just thrilled to finally let their Nazi flags fly with pride and are not embarrassed to burn crosses anymore, but the rest just see a party that is rich urban intellectuals that have no answers for them. Democrats need to channel their inner FDRs and not their inner "stoned college students debate the sexism of Shakespeare and why being a mom keeps you at the millionaire level in the law firm instead of billionaire level".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Whatever it takes to win.
Seriously, there is a whole vast country of people who need help, need solutions, need things that work for them. They really don't give a flying fuck about trannies in the bathroom, scouring classic novels for trigger words, mis-gendering some reality TV star with velcro quick-change body parts, the travails of mixed race Latina identifying lesbians trying to get tenure at Ivy League schools, and the 1001 other things that are REALLY IMPORTANT to woke people in urban areas sipping $15 coffee drinks.

Sure some of them - well maybe more than some - are just thrilled to finally let their Nazi flags fly with pride and are not embarrassed to burn crosses anymore, but the rest just see a party that is rich urban intellectuals that have no answers for them. Democrats need to channel their inner FDRs and not their inner "stoned college students debate the sexism of Shakespeare and why being a mom keeps you at the millionaire level in the law firm instead of billionaire level".

Whatever it takes to win.  Exactly, we need to be as deadly serious at winning the next election as Republicans are. Let Biden lead, he is doing a good job so far, I see no need to take charge and split unity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

Whatever it takes to win.  Exactly, we need to be as deadly serious at winning the next election as Republicans are. Let Biden lead, he is doing a good job so far, I see no need to take charge and split unity. 

Exactly. Republicans want to stamp any opposition party into the dust and ensure one=party rule forever whatever it takes. They mean to rule and rule forever. Team D seems to like bringing Nerf guns to a machine-gun fight.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Exactly. Republicans want to stamp any opposition party into the dust and ensure one=party rule forever whatever it takes. They mean to rule and rule forever. Team D seems to like bringing Nerf guns to a machine-gun fight.

So fucking true and I'm tired of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Marjorie Taylor Greene Attacks Biden's Plan for Free Preschool: "I Refuse to Go"

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene lambasted President Biden’s proposal for free preschool by declaring, “I refuse to go.” 

Speaking to reporters, the Georgia congresswoman called preschool “just another form of mind control” and said that she would rather “hold my breath until I turn blue” than attend such a school. 

“Joe Biden would like nothing better than to see me sitting on a colorful rug, singing, ‘Do you know what time it is?’ ” she said. “I’ll tell you what time it is. It’s time for him and George Soros to stop thinking that I’m going to preschool, because I’m not, and no one can make me.” 

Greene also said that she had “serious concerns” about the indoctrination she would have received had she gone to preschool, as Biden wished.  (The Borowitz Report)

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/marjorie-taylor-greene-attacks-bidens-plan-for-free-preschool-i-refuse-to-go

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Whatever it takes to win.  Exactly, we need to be as deadly serious at winning the next election as Republicans are. Let Biden lead, he is doing a good job so far, I see no need to take charge and split unity. 

We really only have one party at the moment, that is committed to our democratic republic and the Constitution on which our government is founded. The other party has shown that they have no hesitation whatsoever in throwing the whole thing out and giving power to one man. It clearly isn't the entire party pushing for that, but the members of the Party that are both in power and pushing back against it are Rep. Liz Cheney and who? We have Foxy News trying to whitewash it, to use the words of one of the cops beaten on 1/6, which he used to refer to GOP politicians, and we have bullshitters here trying to mimic the whitewashing bullshit. 

Once authoritarians are in power, it's all over. That leaves only one party at the moment, which can be trusted to defend the Constitution. And that is sad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Exactly. Republicans want to stamp any opposition party into the dust and ensure one=party rule forever whatever it takes. They mean to rule and rule forever. Team D seems to like bringing Nerf guns to a machine-gun fight.

47 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

We really only have one party at the moment, that is committed to our democratic republic and the Constitution on which our government is founded. The other party has shown that they have no hesitation whatsoever in throwing the whole thing out and giving power to one man. It clearly isn't the entire party pushing for that, but the members of the Party that are both in power and pushing back against it are Rep. Liz Cheney and who? We have Foxy News trying to whitewash it, to use the words of one of the cops beaten on 1/6, which he used to refer to GOP politicians, and we have bullshitters here trying to mimic the whitewashing bullshit. 

Once authoritarians are in power, it's all over. That leaves only one party at the moment, which can be trusted to defend the Constitution. And that is sad. 

 

You guys are fucking kidding me. Nerf guns do not loot and burn cities.

And Sol, there are Authoritarians on both sides. Watching you guys cheer and shout is like watching old videos of German's cheering for Hitler before he was in power. Once in power, he wielded his pen like Biden is doing now. Be careful what you guys wish for because it can be turned on you very easily. Look at every country that has had radical changes in the past. They crumble and then get invaded. Don't think it can't happen here. We are only a bit over 250 years old and rich and powerful want freedom to die so they, The Czars, can rule your whimpy asses. History repeats it's self over and over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, justsomeguy! said:

Apparently you don't understand metaphors or simile.

The Wad would not make those sorts of errors if he had done some . . 

hanging out in the faculty lounge 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...