5 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Woody drives limos and party buses, not rescue boats.  

Doesn’t he have that That floating truck thing?

4 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

Foxey news says it was a boat full of tacos. 

Well at least they didn't use the word 'beaners'. As much as your mindless Leftista asses would have loved to hear that....

Blowing almost 10 kt at fearsome Cape Loma. Not at all surprised San Diego boats are being lost. Who would challenge such conditions?

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Borracho said:

Blowing almost 10 kt at fearsome Cape Loma. Not at all surprised San Diego boats are being lost. Who would challenge such conditions?

And it's been known to hit 14 at times.....

Coyote panga for sure. 

Actually, it's been unusually snotty this year off of San Diego. 

I'm getting on a boat Wednesday night and coming back in Friday morning during a short nice weather window. By Friday night it's getting all snotty again. 

Thar be bluefin out thar.

Hell, I went out on a boat out of Santa Barbara couple weeks ago. It was six foot / eight seconds with 18 knots of contrary slop on top of that. Usually waterskiing weather out of Santa Barbara.

Called up the Chamber of Commerce and gave them hell.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Coyote panga for sure. 

Actually, it's been unusually snotty this year off of San Diego. 

I'm getting on a boat Wednesday night and coming back in Friday morning during a short nice weather window. By Friday night it's getting all snotty again. 

Thar be bluefin out thar.

It's been fuglier-than-fuk down here south of Ensenada since November 18th, with just only 11 nice and warm & near windless daze. (And yes, I have calandered this shit). Worst winter I've ever experienced here in four years. I'm out soon.....just too fuking cold & miserable. It's either back up north a bit to Somewhere Warm, Arizona, the Hill Country of Tex-ass......or south towards Zihuatenejo. Decisions decisions......

4 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

It's been fuflier-than-fuk down here south of Ensenada since November 18th, with just only 11 nice and warm & near windless daze. (And yes, I have calandered this shit). Worst winter I've ever experienced here in four years. I'm out soon.....just too fuking cold & miserable. It's either back up north a bit to Somewhere Warm, Arizona, the Hill Country of Tex-ass......or south towards Zihuatenejo. Decisions decisions......

Groceries at Los Barillos and then head out to the lighthouse north of Cabo Pulmo?

3 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Woody drives limo/party buses, not rescue boats.  

And flys in Helicopters and can make it Safely in hiz YACHT on the Hauraki Gulf or Frisco Bay

I like me Drinks on The Rocks, not me YACHT

+ I wouldn't take out more than 2 COUGARS at a time as return diminishes exponentially beyond that.

• Like 1

Just heard on the radio that this was 'human smuggling' related. Meaning a Mexican panga run by Coyotes.....who don't give a flying fuk about their 'cargo' after all the passengers have handed over their very last peso.

So. Fuking. Sad.....

• Like 1

Amazing how fast the boat breaks up once on the rocks - and how many people waited until the last minute to jump o/b. And there actually seemed to be a fair numbers of PFD's - but very few on the passengers. Most definitely a smuggling op.

28 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Just saw a video. Older cabin cruiser came in through the surf line for an amphibious landing. 3-4 ft surf.

That'll do it.....

depending on tides and time of year etc. they were close to sandy unprotected coves

could have at least jumped off onto beach

the success rate % of the ones we hear about is minimal

all the others ???

I feel sorry for those paying a fortune to be treated as bilge oil

I wish they would Quit making the Pay Off for getting here Worth Any Risk

Sad for all the People and SAD for our Coastline Ecosystem that just got Tons of Shit strewn everywhere :o:(

8 hours ago, burndoc said:

Doesn’t he have that That floating truck thing?

Yes, the 'look at me, I have a small penis' boat?  That one.  Woody is one sad creature and he brings it on himself.  I'm sure if he quit thinking the boat and his Harley were the means to being the coolest kid, he could find someone and spend the rest of his life happy, not trying so hard.

^^^^^^^  do you feel bad not being mentioned in any of my posts ?

do you feel bad I have never other than this time commented on any of your posts ?

what exactly is it that I bring on myself ?

I had no idea I was sad, thought I was/am Happy

can you quote 1 post I ever made about my love life ?

can you quote 1 post I ever made saying how Bitchin I think my Boats & Harleys are ?

you seam to have a fetish

NTTIATWWT

14 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Yes, the 'look at me, I have a small penis' boat?  That one.  Woody is one sad creature and he brings it on himself.  I'm sure if he quit thinking the boat and his Harley were the means to being the coolest kid, he could find someone and spend the rest of his life happy, not trying so hard.

Cal, where'd that come from?  You have a ton of Likes. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, nolatom said:

Cal, where'd that come from?  You have a ton of Likes. 

I'm sorry Woody and you as well.  I have no excuse.  I just don't enjoy people that live their lives as their caricature from when they were 25.  El Mariachi is a prime example.  The guy who comes in wearing leathers and throws his very large key ring on the bar and talks way too loud.  My energies these days are working with adults that cannot read, and others with no math skills.  Not wearing a wife beater and owning a closet full of 'Harley' stuff.  

9 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I'm sorry Woody and you as well.  I have no excuse.  I just don't enjoy people that live their lives as their caricature from when they were 25.  El Mariachi is a prime example.  The guy who comes in wearing leathers and throws his very large key ring on the bar and talks way too loud.  My energies these days are working with adults that cannot read, and others with no math skills.  Not wearing a wife beater and owning a closet full of 'Harley' stuff.  

:lol:......!.....

10 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I rest my case.  

Methinks you take shit (and yourself) waaaaaayyyyy too fuking serious. Really, Brah...ya gotta learn how to cut loose now and again.....or you're gonna die of Boringism.......:lol:

FB_IMG_1584552600488.jpg

9 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

No zapatos , no servicio iii

There's a stupid story behind that pic....:lol:

4 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Well um . . . We all can't be Cal20 sailors. 

:lol:.....:D.....

14 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Well um . . . We all can't be Cal20 sailors. 

Haven't been on one for 50yrs.  My last ten Mac rides rated -60 or lower.  But it was my first keel boat and if you have something bad to say about the boat, then you are not a sailor.  

I'd like to buy one. It got me on the water when I was very young, and circle of life, maybe get me back on the water.  

21 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

While you may find his posts problematic for you (there is an ignore feature)

I had a beer with Woody. Quite awhile back. During the Dogzilla years.

I found him to be a quiet and observant character. I rather enjoyed talking with him.

WL

• Like 2
1 minute ago, White Lightning2 said:

While you may find his posts problematic for you (there is an ignore feature)

I had a beer with Woody. Quite awhile back. During the Dodzilla years.

I found him to be a quiet and observant character. I rather enjoyed talking with him.

WL

I don't exercise my patent on being wrong.  Sorry Woody.  

16 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Haven't been on one for 50yrs.  My last ten Mac rides rated -60 or lower.  But it was my first keel boat and if you have something bad to say about the boat, then you are not a sailor.  

I'd like to buy one. It got me on the water when I was very young, and circle of life, maybe get me back on the water.  

I didn't say anything bad about it. It's a homely little mutt, but they do sail pretty well. 

• Like 1
Just now, Dorado said:

I didn't say anything bad about it. It's a homely little mutt, but they do sail pretty well. 

Lasers at high noon, I can make it happen here, or will fly to whatever hole you sail in.  $1K or more if you wish.  

11 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I don't exercise my patent on being wrong.  Sorry Woody.  

You either need to get laid, go sailing....or get laid on a sailing boat. In no particular order...but most of us here can sense that you're wound up tighter than a 6/0 Penn......and are not too fa4 away from snapping and ending up on the ten o'clock news.

Seriously, chill out a bit, pour yourself a cocktail and go take a walk on the beach for a while. Will do ya a lotta good....:D

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Didn't the C-20's win the coveted Fugliest 9 Knot Shit Box award like seventeen years straight?.....

59 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Methinks you take shit (and yourself) waaaaaayyyyy too fuking serious. Really, Brah...ya gotta learn how to cut loose now and again.....or you're gonna die of Boringism.......:lol:

FB_IMG_1584552600488.jpg

Nice tits.  Ever think about the gym?

6 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Lasers at high noon, I can make it happen here, or will fly to whatever hole you sail in.  $1K or more if you wish.  

Ok

By the way, my last boat hit 48.6 knots per GPS. Yours ?

Wtf happened to you. First you shit in Vernon's easter basket and then you slimed Woody and Rico. I recall you being such a jerk in the past. 

On 5/2/2021 at 2:50 PM, El Mariachi said:

Well at least they didn't use the word 'beaners'. As much as your mindless Leftista asses would have loved to hear that....

I just put this twat on my ignore list. Let’s see how long it takes him to comment on this. A comment that I will not see.  But comment he will because...........

he is a twat.  

4 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Ok

Wtf happened to you. First you shit in Vernon's easter basket and then you slimed Woody and Rico. I recall you being such a jerk in the past. 

I don't recall is what I meant to write 

2 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Ok

Sailboat?  Vern was a mistake, I was coming off some pretty bad side effects from the 2nd vax...still not totally home.  Woody has an energy that could benefit the world, but spends his time talking about Cougars and his Harley.  Not my things.  Those Cougars are the women I'm now dating and by and large, are incredible.  

8 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Sailboat?  Vern was a mistake, I was coming off some pretty bad side effects from the 2nd vax...still not totally home.  Woody has an energy that could benefit the world, but spends his time talking about Cougars and his Harley.  Not my things.  Those Cougars are the women I'm now dating and by and large, are incredible.  

You do know, doncha.....that the term 'cougar'.....is code for turbo-slut-from-Hell?......:D

13 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Yeah, landsailer on a dry lakebed. Other than schlepping my wife's friends around on bare boats, I don't do much wet sailing anymore. 

I was little fuzzy after my second shot also. 

So we're cool, right?

8 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I work in adult literacy, when can you meet?  

Meet YOU? Hah......you lost me at 'adult'......:lol:

11 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Yeah, landsailer on a dry lakebed. Other than schlepping my wife's friends around on bare boats, I don't do much wet sailing anymore. 

I was little fuzzy after my second shot also. 

So we're cool, right?

Absolutely, I get cranky as I age and friends die.

I did a week in Tonga many years ago, worth every penny.  Flights (I'm a pilot) scared the shit out of me.  Google 'Tonga Mariner's Cave' and you will know how cool the experience is.  Cheers.  

22 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Absolutely, I get cranky as I age and friends die.

I did a week in Tonga many years ago, worth every penny.  Flights (I'm a pilot) scared the shit out of me.  Google 'Tonga Mariner's Cave' and you will know how cool the experience is.  Cheers.  

Try flying into Golfito, Costa Rica....in a fuking torrential downpour. There was barely enough booze in that town afterwards to keep my keep my heart in my chest..... 

Just now, Cal20sailor said:

You the man El M.  Sucks to be me.  

I'm not a pilot, Brah......just a passenger who had a pretty good grasp on physics, gravity, geometry, topography and square feet. Dropping a twin engine plane there is like trying to land your Cessna 152 into your single car garage...and not mess up the back wall....

• Like 1

We're not worthy

El M. you loose yer fiddle

4676CC8500000578-0-image-m-2_1510997850117.jpg

Not Cal 20, but eons ago when I was 20 or so, a Cal 25.  A hurry-up delivery request from friend of my Dad's, needed to get from Marblehead to Block Island for Race Week.  He was going to do it himself, but got jammed at work.  So I said yes (being 20 rocked)  Hooked a buddy, scow sailor who ditched summer school and made it up from Boston in an hour. 

I was assured the charts I needed, and galley stuff, were on board.  I had to leave pronto to catch the tide for Cape Cod Canal.  Quick grocery run, ice, zoom zoom and off we went.  We could stow stuff as we went, nice weather, light winds so a little 6hp Johnson just ran and ran as we motorsailed. 

Well, in my hurry to leave I assumed the chart and pots and pans, utensils, were all there as promised.  They weren't.  No chart.  I had grabbed an old one of my own that would get us from Buzzards Bay to not quite Block Island.  There was a Light List on board, though, and from it I pencilled in the Block Island buoys and lights on paper and taped it to my chart.  Close enough for government work, and it worked. 

But, the galley--Nada nada nada, no pot or pan, no coffee pot yes forks and spoons.  Nothing metal but a tin of Saltines.  Hmmmmm...  can we cook with that?  it leaked at the bottom seam, crap.  Desperate, we tried it anyway, with just water for possible coffee, hoped it wouldn't drown the alky stove.  Well, God watches over fools and sailors (?), as the bottom heated it up the metal swelled and it became tight--Bingo, now we could make coffee, heat up mac and cheese, make eggs, man it was the Ritz ;-)

Made it to i think Onset first night.  Then beating against a really stiff Souwester out of Buzzards Bay, to Sakonnet second night.  Then a short follow-the-leader-who-needs-a -chart-anyway leg to Great Salt Pond and a marina slip owner had already arranged.  Took the Ferry to Point Judith, owner had left his car there for us to drive home. 

Anyway, a good memory.  The Cal 25 was really quite able, in both light air and heavy, sea or no sea.  And the lesson should have been never set sail til you've checked out everything and all your supplies.  But we got away with it, and it was almost more fun for having done so.

• Like 3