Teddy Cruz Admits Just How Corrupt Is The GOP

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-walter-shaub-republicans_n_608f1ca7e4b0c15313f54bc2

In a Wall Street Journal column last week, Cruz warned that CEOs opposing Republican threats to voting rights will be excluded from his party’s pay-to-play legislative operation — because they’re no longer conservative enough for the GOP.

For example, Republicans will stop accepting donations in exchange for “looking the other way” when corporate bigwigs dodge taxes, Cruz wrote in a stunningly honest admission of his party’s current modus operandi.

Jesus Christ! He's not talking about governance, he's talking about doing favors for donors. I got news for you Raffy, that's called taking bribes.

• Like 1

Been that way for a long time, and the Democrats are not innocent in this kind of jolly little scheme either

The difference now is that Republicans have not only agreed to government by outright graft & corruption, and building a structure of lies to cover up the way they work it... now they have signed on to The Big Lie and that means rule of force, naked exercise of power with no limit. Why take bribes when you can simply pocket the whole business? And fuck the daughter (or son if that's how you roll) into the bargain?

Businessmen know that there must be at least some slight honor among thieves or the whole system falls apart. This is why they are backing away from the Republican power play.

- DSK

14 minutes ago, Remodel said:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-walter-shaub-republicans_n_608f1ca7e4b0c15313f54bc2

In a Wall Street Journal column last week, Cruz warned that CEOs opposing Republican threats to voting rights will be excluded from his party’s pay-to-play legislative operation — because they’re no longer conservative enough for the GOP.

For example, Republicans will stop accepting donations in exchange for “looking the other way” when corporate bigwigs dodge taxes, Cruz wrote in a stunningly honest admission of his party’s current modus operandi.

Jesus Christ! He's not talking about governance, he's talking about doing favors for donors. I got news for you Raffy, that's called taking bribes.

The R's prefer Quid Pro Quo

Biting the hand that feeds you usually gets a dog put down.

With the Corp donors leaving and the fervent elk being relied upon to feed the greed,,,ahem,  I meant stop the steal I just can't  see the midterms looking that rosy.

Wondering if Ted got a condo when he went to Cancun?

Interesting times. I have to believe that some of these big dollar donors are not happy with him admitting to the unspoken agreements in such a public manner. That can having a lasting effect long after the current focus on voting and civil rights dies down. These guys don't want to risk getting pulled into a senate hearing or in front of the FBI, or for that matter have no plausible deniability with the public. How long can the small dollar maga donor fill the funding gap when wall st and CEOs abandon the GOP? Not long is my guess. 

1 hour ago, Remodel said:

No worries as we all know the Democrats will be more than happy to accept those bribes!

TRUMPBILL-superJumbo.jpg

28 minutes ago, Venom said:

No worries as we all know the Democrats will be more than happy to accept those bribes!

TRUMPBILL-superJumbo.jpg

Are you just jealous because you can't afford better tits?

25 minutes ago, Nice! said:
2 hours ago, Venom said:

Your both-siderism game is weak.

No, you don't understand!

A Democrat did something bad!

Therefor ALL Democrats are bad, in fact they are terrible HORRIBLE very bad people... they're not even people, they are evil animals!

And therefor no Republican is ever guilty of any thing, ever.

- DSK

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Nice! said:

Your both-siderism game is weak.

Your one-siderism attempt to rationalize your hypocrisy is obviously not working for you. :D

1 hour ago, Venom said:

Ask you wife.:D

I'll ask your boytoy.

13 hours ago, Remodel said:

In a Wall Street Journal column last week, Cruz warned that CEOs opposing Republican threats to voting rights will be excluded from his party’s pay-to-play legislative operation

Well, he Shirley said the quiet part out loud. 

The Dems are not as bad, but if this trajectory continues, they will be at some point. 

That level of corruption is contagious, and soon becomes the norm. 

We desperately need an honest, non bat-sh_t crazy conservative party. 

(never thought I would write anything like that) 

In a NYT opinion column, Brett Stephens has a go at Ted Cruz. This is why education is important.

Bret: Gail, you know that whenever you mention the name of the junior senator from Texas, I think: Eddie Haskell wasn’t thatunctuous. Veruca Salt wasn’t that obnoxious. Sherman McCoy wasn’t that full of himself. Uriah Heep wasn’t that sycophantic. Heathcliff wasn’t that twisted. Dorian Gray wasn’t that self-absorbed. Elmer Gantry wasn’t that hypocritical. Willie Stark wasn’t that corrosively ambitious. Faust wasn’t that morally compromised. Lady Macbeth wasn’t that sinister. Iago wasn’t thatconniving. Richard III wasn’t that malicious. Mr. Wickham wasn’t that dishonorable. Gollum wasn’t that oleaginous. Norman Bates wasn’t that disturbing. Inspector Clouseau wasn’t that ridiculous.

Sorry, what were we talking about?

• Like 1
22 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

It is somewhat disconcerting that they can openly threaten to QUIT TAKING BRIBES from people they don't like and expect no consequences. Kind of like how a certain cop felt free to commit murder in public like it was no big deal.

At least they are being honest and transparent about it 

8 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Assholes. Ted Cruz has enough asshole to be a baseball team.

or a golf course.

10 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

The Dems are not as bad, but if this trajectory continues, they will be at some point. 

That level of corruption is contagious, and soon becomes the norm. 

Speaking of Cruz and GOP corruption . . .

The situation with Covid Vax patent protection for Big Pharma is typical . . 

Will Big Pharma be allowed to let millions die for the sake of profits ? 

For the GOP the answer is obvious -  YES 

But some Dems are doing the same thing, which really hacks me off. 

The support for Big Pharma in this instance also shows the evil of money in politics. 

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/05/04/democrats-bankrolled-big-pharma-are-refusing-back-covid-vaccine-patent-waiver

Democrats Bankrolled by Big Pharma Are Refusing to Back Covid Vaccine  Patent Waiver | Common Dreams News

No, I don't think you whack away patent protection - but push aggressive licensing models. These companies have been working on mRNA models for a decade, and yes, the profits look obscene at the moment, but need to be high for the next round. 

15 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

No, I don't think you whack away patent protection - but push aggressive licensing models. These companies have been working on mRNA models for a decade, and yes, the profits look obscene at the moment, but need to be high for the next round. 

Academia was working on mRNA for more than a decade. Rossi had developed mRNA at Harvard and then formed Moderna in 2010. But he had read Karikó's 2005 paper when he was at Stanford. This is a triumph of academia even as it's a capitalist 'success'.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/the-story-of-mrna-how-a-once-dismissed-idea-became-a-leading-technology-in-the-covid-vaccine-race/

I'm ok with patents on this. They can't patent the mRNA technique itself since Karikó published that. Moderna can patent their improvements. But she should get a Nobel.

The triangle of government-academia-capitalists is a system that has been working well. Except in the past several decades the capitalists have been starving the government angle by reducing taxes on their profits while increasing their own subsidies. Creating an unjust imbalance. Should be an easy fix once the country rids itself of the GOP.

7 minutes ago, Borracho said:

The triangle of government-academia-capitalists is a system that has been working well. Except in the past several decades the capitalists have been starving the government angle by reducing taxes on their profits while increasing their own subsidies. Creating an unjust imbalance. Should be an easy fix once the country rids itself of the GOP.

Sadly, no matter what it's called, there will always be a large group of people who are against "it" just because someone else proposed "it".

Right now that's the do nothing Republican party, next decade it may be the "Frisbee party", or the Democratic party. No telling these days.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Venom said:

Fine. Run them out of town on the same rail as Cruz, Graham and McConnell. I have zero tolerance for corruption. This is where Dog, the Elk and I disagreed. He/they could put up with it as long as a Republican was guilty. Dem's not so much. I on the other hand would send them all to jail.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Al Paca said:

Is that crazy Heidi?

She doesn't look as ugly as Turnip said.

Can you imagine sucking up to someone who just called your wife ugly and your family losers?

Neither can I, but we don't have the depths of depravity that Lyin' Ted enjoys.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

She doesn't look as ugly as Turnip said.

Can you imagine sucking up to someone who just called your wife ugly and your family losers?

Neither can I, but we don't have the depths of depravity that Lyin' Ted enjoys.

haha.  he is nothing more than Trumps asswipe after a night at Taco Cabana.