purpose built for function

• Like 2

I sort of like it, sort of.  I don't understand the "dreadnaut" bow, or what ever they are called, especially with a permanent sprit.  Those cabin top and mast line tunnels need their edges radiused.  Would look better and be better functionally and structurally.  It would hurt to fall against one of those edges!  Lifting keel is nice.

Will be really interesteing to see it on the water. The shorthanded community in Northern Europe is growing like hell, Olympics or not.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Sam V said:

Will be really interesteing to see it on the water. The shorthanded community in Northern Europe is growing like hell, Olympics or not.

if they ever decide to add like 10cm of headroom so i can stand in it(im somewhere around 184cm), get rid of steering wheel and change single rudder to lifting rudders like mini 650 has id be sooo happy, but it will be a whole different boat...

Considering it's for short handing, how are they going to mount an auto pilot to it? Also why do a cassette rudder when a transom hung kick up dual rudder system would allow for moving the cockpit aft and increasing cabin area. Cassette kick up rudders can also be done but that giant "hole" for the rudder takes up valuable space. I'm seeing this as a "long" mini for some reason...

8 minutes ago, RImike said:

Considering it's for short handing, how are they going to mount an auto pilot to it? Also why do a cassette rudder when a transom hung kick up dual rudder system would allow for moving the cockpit aft and increasing cabin area. Cassette kick up rudders can also be done but that giant "hole" for the rudder takes up valuable space. I'm seeing this as a "long" mini for some reason...

I suspect there is room to do a below-deck ap attached to the cassette - not too different from a Quest 30/33, I don't believe. But not ideal. I like your idea of transom mounted kickups.

Interesting that with the lifting keel and a trailer, technically this boat would not qualify for the Bermuda 1-2.

But honestly for $113k, if they work out some of the bugs, that's not too bad. Could you finish outfitting it for less than another $100k? That would put it in the same price range as a J/99.

Hans Genthe (surprised to not find him here) is the brain behind this design - coming from his extensive winning experience with his tricked out Farr280. His mission is to build a winner for Baltic Sea conditions (who are, except for current, quite similar to San Francisco Bay in terms of windrange and wavepattern) at Silverrudder (www.silverrudder.com) and Baltic 500 (www.baltic500.com) single- and doublehand races.

It will be very interesting to see it perform against Dehler 30 OD, Sun Fast 3200 / 3600, L30 One Design, First 27 SE, JPK 10.10 / 10.80 for line honours and ORC Club

• Like 2

Nice to see the boat here. This boat is born in social media, based on a simple pencil scribble I made during the lockdown May 2020. Now it´s one of the most optimized boats on the market. I formed a team of the best guys in CFD, Rating Optimizing and Structural Engineering, they optimized this design in hundreds of hours. For short and medium distance short handed racing. For long distance with an average abouve 20 knots wind we will offer double rudders. Moulds are nearly finished, in 2 weeks the first boat will become produced in Carbon Prepregs by Nova Composites in the UAE. 6 boats are sold.

Quality
Classed as a racing boat, OSR Class B rules to be followed.
For design and design pressures, ISO 12215-5, Design category A rules will be followed, means update to Class A is simple.
ISO 12215-1 Laminate and adhesive material properties 2000
ISO 12215-2 Core material properties 2002-
ISO 12215-5 Design pressures, stresses, scantlings 2019
ISO 12215-8 Rudders 2012
ISO 12215-9 Appendages 2012
ISO 12215-10 Rig loads and rig attachments 2020

At every prepreg layup and curing process a sample material piece will be produced with the identical materials and resins für testing. Every step will be recorded with photos and signed bei the Nova Quality Manager and the Aeolos Project Manager. The painting follow the ICOMIA Technical Guideline for SY Coatings „Minimum Acceptable Finish and Appearance for Super Yacht Gloss Coatings Edition 1 March 2011“.

Check the videos:

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Hans Genthe said:

Nice to see the boat here. This boat is born in social media, based on a simple pencil scribble I made during the lockdown May 2020. Now it´s one of the most optimized boats on the market. I formed a team of the best guys in CFD, Rating Optimizing and Structural Engineering, they optimized this design in hundreds of hours. For short and medium distance short handed racing. For long distance with an average abouve 20 knots wind we will offer double rudders. Moulds are nearly finished, in 2 weeks the first boat will become produced in Carbon Prepregs by Nova Composites in the UAE. 6 boats are sold.

Quality
Classed as a racing boat, OSR Class B rules to be followed.
For design and design pressures, ISO 12215-5, Design category A rules will be followed, means update to Class A is simple.
ISO 12215-1 Laminate and adhesive material properties 2000
ISO 12215-2 Core material properties 2002-
ISO 12215-5 Design pressures, stresses, scantlings 2019
ISO 12215-8 Rudders 2012
ISO 12215-9 Appendages 2012
ISO 12215-10 Rig loads and rig attachments 2020

At every prepreg layup and curing process a sample material piece will be produced with the identical materials and resins für testing. Every step will be recorded with photos and signed bei the Nova Quality Manager and the Aeolos Project Manager. The painting follow the ICOMIA Technical Guideline for SY Coatings „Minimum Acceptable Finish and Appearance for Super Yacht Gloss Coatings Edition 1 March 2011“.

Check the videos:

Thanks Hans. Have you considred water ballast? Could be a bit overpowered för DH in breezy conditions.

2 hours ago, Sam V said:

Thanks Hans. Have you considred water ballast? Could be a bit overpowered för DH in breezy conditions.

With my Farr280 I made the experience early reefing is fine. Won the stormy Silverrudder 2018 single hand with up to 40 knots. I tried to keep the boat simple and light.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Sam V said:

Waterballast is easy to add. It´s an open boat inside.

• Like 1