New York Times: Two bucks a month

I have been a digital subscriber for a while.  I just renewed my basic all-access subscription for $CAD0.50 per week.  That is just over $2CAD per month plus tax.  Less than $US2 per month. 

This is an incredible bargain to access some very high quality reporting and writing.  

I am happy to support the important role of journalists.  And I think the NYT is an almost-always objective and honest source of diverse information.  

If you wanna learn how to get stupider....you can just listen to CNN all day for free.

(Jfc the Gnu Yawk Thymes?.....:lol:)

• Like 1

The teaser rate runs out after a year. You quit (BY PHONE!) tell the nice person you can't afford it any more.

Then go back online and sign up for another year.

Since the cost of 1 more digital subscriber = 0.00 I don't feel bad about doing this.

At least I'm paying for the subscription too (and the Wa Post too)

6 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

I have been a digital subscriber for a while.  I just renewed by basic all-access subscription for $CAD0.50 per week.  That is just over $2CAD per month plus tax.  Less than $US2 per month. 

This is an incredible bargain to access some very high quality reporting and writing.  

I am happy to support the important role of journalists.  And I think the NYT is an almost-always objective and honest source of diverse information.  

That a great deal.  I think I paid $40/year for the cooking section alone.

1 hour ago, Bugsy said:

I have been a digital subscriber for a while.  I just renewed my basic all-access subscription for $CAD0.50 per week.  That is just over $2CAD per month plus tax.  Less than $US2 per month. 

My digital rate went up two bucks, it is now $17 a month.

8 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

My digital rate went up two bucks, it is now $17 a month.

What a complete fuking waste of money. You want real news? Just turn on any AM news station. But apparently people like you want 'opinions'.....which is what that fish wrapping paper is all about. People you don't know, telling you shit that may or may not be true.  Here's a little fuking secret...it's actually possible for a person with at least half a brain to LISTEN to real news.....and THEN form their own opinion. Shocking, I know....but it can be done. All Big Media is now today? Is bascally f'ng Scientology 'Info' for the mindless.

Jfc.....

1 minute ago, El Mariachi said:

What a complete fuking waste of money. You want real news? Just turn on any AM news station. But apparently people like you want 'opinions'.....which is what that fish wrapping paper is all about. People you don't know, telling you shit that may or may not be true.  Here's a little fuking secret...it's actually possible for a person with at least half a brain to LISTEN to real news.....and THEN form their own opinion. Shocking, I know....but it can be done. All Big Media is now today? Is bascally f'ng Scientology 'Info' for the mindless.

Jfc.....

It's intelligent, something you will never find on AM news, or even understand for that matter.

9 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Jfc.....

Real news? Like the shit you read in the Gateway Pundit? Fuck, man. I expected better from you.

15 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Real news? Like the shit you read in the Gateway Pundit? Fuck, man. I expected better from you.

Gateway Pundit? Just what in the flying fuk are you talking about? Never heard of that in my entire life.....

6 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Gateway Pundit? Just what in the flying fuk are you talking about? Never heard of that in my entire life.....

I got you mixed up with Mike. Yeah, you're AM radio.

33 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Jfc.....

Needs a background tune ...

2 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

(Jfc the GnuIf you wanna learn how to get stupider....you can just listen to CNN all day for free. Yawk Thymes?.....:lol:)

If you want the truth, listen to NPR radio, and MSNBC on the telly.   But, I reckon Boothie is a Trumper, and will reply in accordance with that. 

And to that unyet posted reply, I ask, Why is it okay for Trump to give 3 Trillion dollars to reduce taxes on the richest Americans and the richest Corporations, but it's bad to spend the same Trillions to help our poorest, and most harmed people from Covid, and our infrastructure that is close to failing any minute now?

Look at the 10 year old train bridge in Mexico, that collapsed yesterday?  That is us, very soon, unless our infrastructure is repaired.  I remember the dead people falling into the river on the Mianus Bridge on I-95, in Fairfield County some years ago.  This will be replayed many, many times here, if we don't deal with it......NOW!!!

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:
10 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

I got you mixed up with Mike. Yeah, you're AM radio.

Coming through one tinny speaker in the center of the dash.

4 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

If you want the truth, listen to NPR radio, and MSNBC on the telly.   But, I reckon Boothie is a Trumper, and will reply in accordance with that. 

And to that unyet posted reply, I ask, Why is it okay for Trump to give 3 Trillion dollars to reduce taxes on the richest Americans and the richest Corporations, but it's bad to spend the same Trillions to fix our poorest, and most harmed people from Covid, and our infrastructure that is close to failing any minute now?

Look at the 10 year old train bridge that collapsed yesterday?  That is us, very soon, unless our infrastructure is repaired.  I remember the dead on the Mianus Vridge in Fairfield County some years ago.  This will be replayed many, many times here, if we don't deal with it......

You sound the other Leftistas who keep blaming Reagan for shutting down the insane asylums.....but in 40 years, none of you fukers have done a g-damn thing about it. 

Sheesh.....

18 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

You sound the other Leftistas who keep blaming Reagan for shutting down the insane asylums.....but in 40 years, none of you fukers have done a g-damn thing about it. 

Sheesh.....

Sheesh indeed!!  In 100 days, Biden has done heaps to solve Covid, while Trump ignored it for 200 or more days and even then did nothing constructive to fix it.  He said it was a Hoax, and would go away, and drink bleach to cure it??  WTF a Moron!!!

Trump is and was a POS that deserves the paupers grave he will inhabit, when the NY prosecutors and the Feds take him down, and it can't happen soon enough!

EDIT, He's been a con man, amoral crook since the 1970's and the chickens will come home to roost, sooner or later///

1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

Jfc.....

You do have a point.

We'll you would if AM stations in the USA still carry small, independent, not for profit, community radio stations. Do they?

17 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Sheesh indeed!!  In 100 days, Biden has done heaps to solve Covid, while Trump ignored it for 200 or more days and the did nothing constructive to fix it.

Trump is and was a POS that deserves the paupers grave he will inhabit, when the NY prosecutors and the Feds take him down, and it can't happen soon enough!

EDIT, He's been a con man, amoral crook since the 1970's and the chickens will come home to roost, sooner or later///

Ignored it for 200 days? Holy fukoly but WHERE in the Hell do you get this shit from....DeNiro? Jfc you Leftistas have become absolutely unhinged......

https://www.pogo.org/analysis/2020/05/the-first-100-days-of-the-u-s-governments-covid-19-response/

21 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

AM radio is arguably worse than Gateway Pundit.  

Is it? our ABC networks still carry many AM stations especially in the cities.

10 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Is it? our ABC networks still carry many AM stations especially in the cities.

Not living in Australia, I make no assessment of the quality of AM radio news in that country.  I’m sure it’s not a total cesspool and is a quality place to get both in depth news on a variety of topics as well as erudite discourse

10 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Not living in Australia, I make no assessment of the quality of AM radio news in that country.  I’m sure it’s not a total cesspool and is a quality place to get both in depth news on a variety of topics as well as erudite discourse

Your ignorance is showing.

We have SBS too.

Just now, Fakenews said:

Sounds like a swell place.  

Well at least our population is not so ill informed as to elect a Trump.

Thank's ABC and SBS.

That's why Americans can't have nice things.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

Needs a background tune ...

No. The idiot listens to:

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Well at least our population is not so ill informed as to elect a Trump.

Thank's ABC and SBS.

That's why Americans can't have nice things.:rolleyes:

We can have nice things. We just can't let Republicans know about them.

15 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

We can have nice things. We just can't let Republicans know about them.

Maybe we could send our Trumpaloons to Australia?  They’ve already got AM radio so they’ll fit right in.

2 hours ago, billy backstay said:

If you want the truth, listen to NPR radio, and MSNBC on the telly.  

Lol

The really neat thing about indoctrination is that the indoctrinated never know what is happening to them 

4 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Sheesh.....

And what did you do about it? Oh, that's right, you bugged out for another shithole country. I'm glad that worked for you. Honestly I am. Sometimes I wish I had done the same...

However, some of us decided to stay here and try to solve our problems. We ain't perfect, far from it, but at least we didn't run away.

• Like 1

You want real news? Just turn on any AM news station.

Stupid post of the year so far  . .  

and it will be darn hard to beat for the yearly award. 

And below is outrageous Reichista bull-pucky too. 

Tens of thousands of actual US citizens (meaning - not you) have worked on this for decades. 

Leftistas who keep blaming Reagan for shutting down the insane asylums.....but in 40 years, none of you fukers have done a g-damn thing about it. 

We get a good deal on a package of the print version and the on line Gray Lady. 

But the Lady is pretty corporate . . . 

And I will never forgive her for getting the Iraq War disastrously wrong, (think of that lying pos Judith Miller) 

and for sitting on the story of the FBI investigation of Trump in late 2016

(meaning they HAD that info and deliberately covered it up) 

while plastering the nothing burger HRC email phoniness all over the front page. 

If you don't believe me . . . 

Study: Hillary Clinton's emails got as much front-page coverage in 6 days  as policy did in 69 - Vox

5 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Why? Why would you expect that?

10 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Ignored it for 200 days? Holy fukoly but WHERE in the Hell do you get this shit from....DeNiro? Jfc you Leftistas have become absolutely unhinged......

https://www.pogo.org/analysis/2020/05/the-first-100-days-of-the-u-s-governments-covid-19-response/

Just more right wing nutjob propaganda.   That Trump downplayed the pandemic has been well documented, but it's a waste of time to show you where it is again..

12 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Lol

The really neat thing about indoctrination is that the indoctrinated never know what is happening to them 

I don't think you understand enlightenment. 

I think AM radio is funded by the pharmaceutical industry - RW politics and sports both meant to raise that blood pressure daily. It's a literal goldmine. 

edit: dangit, forgot to mention the antidepressants as well. Get them up and down.

we don't watch any "free" broadcast tellyviision  in our house. the ads are fucking horrible. the farma industree needs to be kicked to the kurb. theY can make zillions, but the cannot own us. They sould be held be held responsible, for shit like the big Opiod crisis.

13 hours ago, Voyageur said:

El Marinachi can't read, that's why he likes AM radio.

I think he rode to school on the short bus. 

My Elk criticize the Gray Lady from the left - folks are not generally used to that. 

Here an analyst calls upon the Times to apologize for its too gullible coverage of the Barr coverup. 

https://pressrun.media/p/judge-confirms-barr-lied-about-mueller

And even when Barr was first appointed, the constant MSN refrain was that he was "well respected". 

Complete Bull Pucky!!  He was NEVER respected by those of us who well remembered his role in the 1990 pardons of 

Iran-Contra officials who could have testified against HW Bush. 

• Like 1